|| Chapter 20

How Park Chanyeol ruined my Life (Hiatus)

Sunny Day hero.


Contra:

-he vomited on me once
-he indirectly called me a hoe once
-he dislikes gay (feat minhoe)
-taller than the door frame, dumber than the trash bin
-related to oh sehun

pro:

-he understands my love for hello kitty
-shinee tickets
-he watches with busty chicks
-his laugh is uglier than mine
-ears

"It's fifty fifty," I sigh.

"Add Baekhyun as a contra," Chen suggests, munching his cornflakes busily.

"Ah! How could I forget." -Byunbaekbasic, I scribble down. "Alright, so it's a no?"

"You should never say no to real love!" Lay exclaims.

Things you don't want to hear coming out of the mouth of your ex, but hey.

"He's right. The younger brother is shady." Luhan furrows his brows in deep thought. "What was is name? Shixun?"

"He's not Chinese, ."

"Ah, yeah, whatever." Luhan shrugs. "Those Koreans are all the same to me, so-"

Tao rolls his eyes. "Xiumin is Korean. Chen isn't Chinese ei-"

"Pschhht!" Chen hisses.

"Oh, I forgot Kim Jongdae is reneging his nationality." Tao rolls his eyes. "Wannabe."

"ing Chinaboo," I hiss.

"You're not Chinese either."

"I never pretended to be."

"Why are you in the gang again?"

"Swag, duh?" I shrug.

"I'm the king of swag."

"Shut the up, Luhan." I sigh. "Can we please talk about my future now?"

"Oh, great. It's all about our princess again." Tao's a because he's the last one to get some coffee. Minseok, who seems to be better than every barista (I don't know though, but the boys are always praising him. I drink tea, like the I am. Caffeine is not good for someone who hopes to still be able go grow some centimetres.), is currently having a hard time with the coffee machine Luhan stole from our cafeteria after graduation. Yes, he actually stole the whole ing thing. He tugged it under his shirt and casually walked out. He's a miser for someone who's the son of a rich CEO.

Speaking of rich CEO, only two weeks until Luhan leaves. I try not to think about it and get my together.

"Yeah, I'm the mothering princess of this gang and if you want to keep existing in my ing flat on my ing chair then you better shut your ing mouth or I'll whoop your Chinese so hard that even your Jackie Chan Kung-Fu skills can't help you."

"Wow." Luhan is speechless. "That was racist."

"What? You want a kick in the , too?" I rise my foot dangerously. Luhan nervously shifts in his chair. I look at the others. "Another got some shade to throw or can we focus again?"

"Focus," they say, all at the same time.

"Focus!" Lay calls out, two seconds later.

"Good." I take a sheet of paper that has been folded far too many times out of my diary. "This is every single that has happened to me during the last few months." I unfold the sheet of paper into a huge poster. "Analyse."

It's good that Minseok brings Tao his coffee and joins us, because I'm sure the following hours wouldn't be bearable with a whiny Tao and a group that's not tamed by Minseok.

"According to my calculations," Luhan fixes his non-existent glasses, "Chanyeol is pretty dumb."

"Great deduction, Sherlock." Chen snorts.

"Hey, hey. What's this?" Minseok points at my handwriting.

"A 'p'. The word is ."

"You watched ?!" Yixing gasps out in pure horror.

"You watched with Chanyeol?" Chen cracks up.

"You watched with that creep?" Tao grimaces in disgust.

"You watched with him…?" Minseok sighs in disbelieve, hiding his face.

"But nothing happened." Luhan shakes his head disapprovingly. "You sure he's not gay?"

"He didn't react positively to gay ." I sound like a scientist explaining my study. A dissertation discussing Park Chanyeol's uality. I really need to get my life together.

"Oh. That's good. Let's add that to pro." Luhan grabs my diary and writes down 'Not as gay as Luhan expected'.

"Now that I'm thinking about this, the SHINee tickets count twice. It's ing SHINee."

"Channy is back in the game!" Chen whoos and claps. "That's my boi!"

"Ugh, what's with everyone calling him Channy? He's not a rapper. Don't do this."

"Do you know his zodiac?" Tao interrupts. "You're a Taurus, right? Maybe you don't match."

"I don't ing know his zodiac, loser," I hiss out. "Why the should I care?"

"It's important, okay? You wouldn't want to date an Aries, would you?"

"No one wants to date an Aries." Lay nods.

"Fine," I sigh and add 'might be an Aries (investigate further)' to the contras. "Is that all?"

"Oh. My. God." Tao gasps suddenly. I look at him in confusion only to see how he aggressively scrolls down on his phone.

"What's wrong?" Minseok looks up from his coffee in worry.

"Look at this!" He shouts out. He hands the phone to Chen, who's sitting next to him.

Not even ten seconds of intense staring later Chen bursts out in hysterical cackling.

"It's not funny," Tao hisses in response.

"Of course it is! Wu fans father is honestly suing the college!"

"What?!" Is the first thing that leaves the mouths of Minseok, Yixing and me.

"Savage!" Luhan howls.

"What… why?" I ask the still cackling Chen, but soon turn around to talk to Tao instead. "What… how do you know?"

"It's big in the Chinese news." Tao pulls his phone from Chen's hands and shows me a site full of Chinese words I can't read at all - but in the middle of the article there's a photo of Kris leaving some house, wearing sunglasses and being surrounded by paparazzis.

I cover my mouth in shock. "Is he famous or some ?"

"No, but his father is. He's the CEO of the biggest Chinese company and-"

"Excuse you, little mother. One of the biggest companies!" Luhan interrupts. Of course his pride as the spawn of another rich CEO would feel hurt.

"The biggest entertainment company," Minseok corrects, before Tao has the chance to strangle Luhan out of annoyance.

"And why… are they suing the college? He just graduated! This doesn't make sense!" Wow, if even Yixing figures out that there's something wrong with this, it must be really severe.

Minseok grabs Tao's phone and reads through the article in a hurry. Perfect moment to appreciate that I'm the only one at this table who can't speak Chinese to save her life.

"It says they were not… nurturing his talents."

"What talents?!" The rest of us yells in unison. Except for Lay, who's only gasping like a fish on land. Has he always been like this? And more importantly, why the didn't I realize last summer? Was I really that ? Questions over questions.

"That guy got kicked out of art class because he couldn't even draw an egg and called himself Wu fan Gogh," I jeer. "He had to leave music major because he tried to force his rapping on innocent people! And worst of it all, he honestly applied for Drama class, where they replaced him with a cardboard cut-out, because it did better than him."

Minseok sighs, but starts to read out the article loudly. "The youngest son of the media emperor from Wu Cooperations-"

"That's a dumb company name," Luhan throws in.

"-reports being treated unfairly by the Korean elite college he attended until recently."

My head hurts. "What a drama…" I whisper sadly. "He could have just have said so, damn it. Please kick his when you're in China, Luhan."

The mood gets even gloomier after those words are said; suddenly, everyone's hurtfully aware of how soon Luhan will leave us.

"Apropos!" Luhan jumps off his chair and waves his arms energetically. I'm sure a weak try to lighten the mood will follow now. "Before I leave you all, my children," he pauses to look at me, then at Minseok, "wife one, wife two," he adds lovingly, making us roll our eyes, "I'll need to show you how to survive in this cold, heart world without your dear daddy."

"It's going to be hard without anyone getting on our nerves, boohoo." Tao snorts.

Luhan wipes an imaginary tear away. "Juvenileness," he sighs dramatically. "Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that we need to settle some things before I depart."

"This sounds like you're dying!" Lay shouts out.

Chen wraps an arm around the sulking boy before looking at Luhan. "Yeah, man. Don't promise something you can't keep."

We start laughing, well, everyone except for Luhan.

"I brought you up badly," he whispers, his tone terrified and painful, which makes us laugh even harder.

"Okay, okay. I think he really wants to say something important." Minseok pats Luhan's shoulder and smiles at him. Oh, how I ship this.

"Thank you for noticing. I shall change your title into wife one. Anyways, I made a list for you guys. You know, my fathers number, my address in China and everything important." Even though he smiles, his tone is serious and his eyes remain sad. I feel the emotions coming up again, so I decide to stare at the table until the list makes a circuit and reaches me, as the last one.

I look over Luhan's neat handwriting. Memories of our school days, his Mandarin tutoring, how we snuggled against each other on the way to the bus because of the cold, all those hours of hiding in the basement and playing Truth or Dare, only the two of us, no one else. And when I look up I see the boy I love so much, more than anything, more than a thousand Park Chanyeol's.

My family.

Luhan returns my gaze. As though he could read my thoughts, his lips form into a warm smile, and his eyes say "I love you too."

"Look at the list, okay? It's important." Suddenly, he ruffles my hair. I try to remember the last time he did this, but tears leak my eyes and the sorrow makes it hard to concentrate.

"Alright," I whisper.

It's a short list with basic info. Beside from his personal stuff he added a few tips and the numbers of other people. The guy that gives me 20% discount on sneakers with a side note that says just say Luhan send you, for example. But one particular thing catches my eye.

"Who… who is Zico?"

"Oh, Zico." Luhan grins and I can see some of the others smirk too. Is Zico some sort of e, or why are they looking so nostalgic? "Zico is my dealer."

My mouth forms a silent 'o' of surprise. Right, Luhan has always been the one who bought our… stuff. That means we are going to do this on our own now?

"I'm not sure I can talk to a dealer," I whisper in fear. Who knows what kinda guy this Zico is? Heck, someone who names himself after coconut water can't be sane!

"Don't worry." Luhan pats my head reassuringly. "He's an underground rapper who wears red lip tint. You will be fine."

Oh, god…

"Let's make a treasure hunt out of this."

Those words erupt nothing but fear from me. Treasure hunt with Luhan. At least one of us is going to sleep in hospital tonight. I can greet Kai while I'm at it.

Ugh, Kai. The last time I've talked to him was that angry call from him out of Baekhyun's grandmother's house. We're not at the countryside for two days already, so it's been easier to avoid it. Still, the thought of having to face this angry koala eventually is making me even more uncomfortable.

"Each of you will have to accomplish a mission in teams. As a training for when I'm in China."

"You're acting as if we actually would notice your absence."

"This is not even a treasure hunt."

"Silence, sons!" He yells at us. Apparently, it's not enough that I went from being his little sister to being his mother to being his wife to being his daughter like a hundred times already, now I'm also his son. We are all a huge, transgender family, as it seems. "And now, go buy some pott by yourself!"

And that's how the adventure begins.

 

After only twenty minutes of walking, my team turns around the corner Luhan marked in the map. Since Tao left because he's sick of this , Minseok doesn't support drug consume and Chen and Lay seem to have some serious relationship issues and I don't want to interfere, my team consists of only Luhan and me. Which is stupid, because we we're supposed to do this without him. Well, whatever. Not gonna comply, I'm getting weed at least.

The meeting spot indeed isn't really far away from my flat. I suddenly contemplate my mother's choice of immovables. I mean, I live like twenty minutes away from the Park & Oh household, Kim Jongin and right next to the Bangtans. And as it seems, also in the same quarter underground rappers sell drugs in. It all explains why the flat was affordable.

When we arrive at the meeting spot, a tall guy wearing shades is the only person standing there. He wears baggy sweats and a cap, his bleached blond hair tied back in a short ponytail behind his neck. His lips are unnaturally red. No doubt, he's wearing lip tint. Probably Aritaum's Water Tint in the shade 'Red Mango'. But that's not important, right now.

"Is that… Zico?" I carefully whisper at Luhan.

"Yeah, it's Shiko."
"…Shiko? Why are you pronouncing it like this? It's spelled Zico, right?"

"That's how I'm saying it."

"No, you're saying Shiko. It should be Zico."

"That's what I'm saying!"

"No. Say Zico. Zi-co."

"Shiko."

"What the is wrong with you?!"

Our little argument gets interrupted by the shady guy clearing his throat.

Luhan softly pushes me forward. I start to panic. How do you buy weed? How do you talk to dealers? Is he going to stab me if I say something wrong? Dealers in films to this!

I collect all my courage and take small steps towards the guy in black.

"You must be Zico," I say, sounding as casual and cool as possible. Like those guys in TV shows that wear trench coats and meet up in car parks. But let's not talk about parking facilities, this only brings back bad memories.

"Yeah, I'm Zi-ah-co," the guy answers in a surprisingly smooth voice.

Did he just say... Ziaco? Really? Where is that ing a coming from?! If it's spelled ing Zico, why the - ugh, nevermind. I got a mission. I suppress my anger in a hurry.

"So… Zi...ah-co… you… got it?" I cough awkwardly. I'm honestly too white for this .

"I got what? Swag? Yeah. Plenty." Zico is grinning at me like stupid. He's stupid. I don't want to talk to this person anymore, it's like talking to a ing mirror. This answer could have originally been by me. is copying me.

"You know what I mean. The… green stuff."

Luhan sighs behind me. "You're terrible at this!"

"Well, yeah, sorry I'm not Chinese Mafia enough for you, prince Han!"

"Tao's the one from the Mafia!"

Ziaco clears his throat once again. "Ya know guys, I ain't got time."

"Alright, alright." Luhan sighs once again. "This is my sister I've been talking about. Always give her the quality stuff, got it?"

Zico musters me. Even though he wears shades, I can tell he's sceptical. "Doesn't look like a blazer to me, though. You sure you related? She looks… not Chinese."

Well, thank you. Finally someone who realises, for s sake.

"She is my sister. Kind of. But I also gotta have my way with her sooner or later. It's complicated." He snarls. "And she's Satan. Don't believe in those looks, I hardly doubt she even has a heart. Or a ."

"As if you knew how to tell who's got a . You need to have a reference first." I make a dramatic pause. "Oops, I forgot about yours."

I admit, not my best comeback. Too simple, too predictable, too weak. But for some reason, Zico starts to laugh like crazy.

"Is that true?" He asks, his voice barely audible behind the sleeve he's muffling his laughter with.

"...Yes," I say hesitatingly, not sure how to answer this.

"Okey dokey, yo!" He grins at us brightly. He actually has grills. Oh god. "I promise I'll only give her the best so you can move your flowerboy to China without any regrets."

Flowerboy ? We really are similar. I smile a bit. I never would have expected to sympathize with a bleached, grill wearing underground drug sell rapper who pronounced his own made up name wrongly. But I guess you can't be too picky when it comes to allies.

After buying some vegetables Zico and Luhan and me part ways. The afternoon's nearly over and it's starting to get slightly darker. The air is moist and thick from the temperature, but for some reason I don't feel uncomfortable at all.

I look at Luhan in awe. His face is so flawless and his boldly dyed hair would look totally stupid on everyone else. I feel weak in comparison to his greatness, his beauty and the ability to make me smile, even if he's being a jerk.

The summer breeze beckons to me as I walk down the road, hand in hand with him. The weather forecast said it was a perfect day, and even while disliking the heat I can't exactly disagree. Because when I look at Luhan, I know that I will always have people who love me. Even if a frontier divides us, Luhan belongs to Minseok and me. He's family. And I want to hold this moment more tightly in my arms, I want this walk to never stop.

And it doesn't matter how many Park's and Oh's and Wu's hurt me, because I already have a sunny day hero.



 


that was lame. i am lame. ugH

 

sorry for the delay and another stupid filler chap, guys. im super busy with school... i took it so easy in freshman year and now work is piling up, im even thinking about quitting at the moment. choosing medicine as my first major wasnt the best choice, i guess. and ive been additionally stressed out because of some literature magazine i need to create an article for about to kill a mockingbird in my second major, english. im really not a person for team work, so this took me a lot of time and energy i could have spend on this chapter. again, sorry guys!

 

tell me how you liked this chapters and leave a comment if you got the time. and huuuuge thanks to all those sweeties who are always commenting. i really appreciate it!

hopefully see you next chapter!