|| Chapter 3

How Park Chanyeol ruined my Life (Hiatus)

Perfect 10.


It's a brand new day. My squad's looking tight as with our freshly dyed hair.

We are ready to es. I can nearly hear Electric Heart playing as we walk down the corridors, that's how ual we look today.

It's going to be a great day, and I will shine. I will make Park Chanyeol fall for me and we will have very y unsafe .

. Luhan and Minseok will watch and cheer me on.

It's going to be perfect, and ain't nobody's gonna stop me.

Nobody.

"You look awful. Did you dip your hair in carrots?"

Bye, self esteem. Hello, Byun Baekhyun.

"Excuse me, it's called auburn." Luhan flips my hair. Yes, mine. I don't know why he doesn't flip his own ing hair. "And only because you look like an ugly -"

? Did he just call him a ? Where does this guy get his insults from?

"-you don't have to stain our fabulousness with your jellyness."
I've never felt less cool in my whole life.

Baekhyun laughs his off, and I can totally understand him. I would laugh too if I wouldn't feel like crying right now. "Yeah, maybe their hair colours are auburn", he points at Minseok and me with each of his index fingers, "but what you are wearing is-"

"Fabulous. Don't mess with the Lu, ."

…I don't want to be a part of this trio anymore.

And because god wants me to suffer, the rest of our friends appear out of nowhere.

Chen's dinosaur-laugh echoes down the whole hallway. I want to die. 

"Was orange paint on discount?" Chen holds his stomach, laughing hysterically.

"Auburn", Baekhyun corrects him, grinning. "It's called auburn."

I look at Minseok, who looks even more insecure than I feel. "We look great, Luhan's the of us" I try to soothe him. It's his first time dying his hair after all.

"Woah, Xiumin! You look great!" Tao states ruffling the shorter boy's hair. "You do, too." He faces me now. "Why does Luhan look so gay, though?"

Gay? Says the guy living in a huge glasshouse. But hey, it's not my job to defend Luhan's pride. That would be a lost game.

"Don't misunderstand" Lay starts clarifying. "We are a manly group." He then takes Chen's hand, making him stop being a Velociraptor, and walks away.

Ladies and gentlemen, my ex boyfriend. Proud to have made him gay or whatever he is now. I don't even get what's going on between him and Chen, and I already have given up figuring it out.

"I liked your darker hair better." Kris looks at my hair sceptically.

I'm surprised getting a feedback from mister "nobody-looks-as-good-as-me-so-why-bothering-to-pretend-that-I-like-someone". But it's very ironical to hear something like this from the king of bleached hair.

Baekhyun looks at Kris, than at me. He grins brightly. 

I know exactly what he's thinking. It makes me wanna puke. 

Krissy baby.

That's why I'm glad that the first period of the day starts, so I can leave those idiots my squad behind me and find my classroom. 

And even though mission " es and get popular" obviously failed, I can feel some good vibes.

Maybe it's because I can hardly remember the incident yesterday because of all the pot I smoked last night, crying, (, now I remember again…) or because I had a very friendly fortune cookie for breakfast, but I really do feel like today's gonna go great. 

You'll get the d today is written on the note inside of the cookie Luhan gave to me - I really wonder where he got a shady cookie like this, that would cause every normal Chinese boy to contemplate his whole culture, but it's exactly what I needed. 

Yes, I needed someone to tell me that I'll get the d. I'm very desperate, but at least I'm honest.

But as the hours go by and lunch break starts, my euphoria weakens.

"Still no sight of the d…" I mumble, looking at my sandwich. I'm really not hungry. For food. If you get me.

"Don't worry, those cookies are always right. Last summer" Oh, god. Don't talk about last summer... "one of them told me that I'm going to find true love at a gas station and guess what - one day later I took a really great selca."

"I don't get how this issues are supposed to be related."

"I took that selca at a gas station." He deadpans.

"Oh."

"See? Magical."

I sigh anyway. Where's my magic? I need magic.

Oh, . Now there are images of Chanyeol being a magical girl in my head. Puella Magi Chanyeol Magica. It would be the worst ing show on earth and Luhan would be that evil plush thingy wanting to destroy humanity.

I'm so glad my otaku phase is over.

"Can you see that girl?" 

"Oh, that one with the fake double eyelids? She looks arrogant."

Three girls, probably third semesters already, catch my eyes as they are about to sit down on the table behind my back. Average looking and totally plain. Suspiciously unsuspicial.

"Yeah! Can you see how she always hangs out with male sunbaes only?" Girl number one asks her friends. She seems to be the leader. I can feel that aura of a jelly . "She's really desperate for it."

Yes, a jelly .

Girl number two gasps. Don't they realize that I can hear them?

They shouldn't badmouth about someone who's sitting right in front of them.

Amateurs.

"Isn't that the girl that dates Wu Kris?"

Yes, they are definately talking about me...

I look at Luhan and Minseok, searching for help. Minseok doesn't seem to notice though, he's to focused on his law book. But Luhan… there's something in his eyes.

Something evil. He's plotting something. 

Don't I suffer enough already?

The girls continue to whisper insults and gossips. I'm on the edge of my patience. Of course it's not the first time hearing stuff like this, but will never grow accustomed to it.

I don't know why Luhan grins at me, but his eyes say "I have a plan." 

I'm not sure if that's good for me or not.

Us three part as lunch break ends. The gasps of the girls are audible as Minseok and Luhan hug me goodbye. I decide not to care, because just like that girl said, I am desperate for it.

But not for Chinese . I have a mission.

I'm on the hunt for Park Chanyeol's d. That damn fortune cookie promised it to me, after all.

Knowing that you're desperate as hell is a depressing thought. It only gets worse as I walk down the hallways, getting no sign of the d. Not even of a clothed Chanyeol.

Is he the type to skip classes? I try to imagine him wearing a leather jacket while having styled up bangs. No, this doesn't work. He's not fitted to be a Byun Baekhyun.

Time goes by, and I decide he's not going to come. Psychology is about to start and my heart gets worked up again for nothing.

What if he is there after all? But maybe he changed his major because he hates me? Maybe he's intimidated by my prettiness and s. That must be it. 

I wait until the bell rings, but he still isn't there. I see my classmates pass by and enter one after another, but no giraffe is under them.

Entering the auditorium, I try to brace myself for every possible situation. Park Chanyeol skipping class, Park Chanyeol popping out of nowhere, Park Chanyeol filming a with Byun Baekhyun in the middle of class. Everything.

I'm not sure if I'm glad or terrified of the fact that my second assumption was right. 

He's there.

My heart skips a beat because I'm a wimp. But there's something that holds me from being happy.

Did he spend lunch break in here? 

This question stays unanswered as I realize that Prettyyeol is sitting on the right site of the huge room, instead of his usual seat at the left side. Now he sits right next to my seat.

My ugly mind creates that awful shoujo scenery again. There are cherry blossoms and his face glows. But I try to remember that I'm not flat and dumb enough to be a shoujo manga heroine, so I make my way up the stairs to my seat with the most casual expression possible.

Should I greet him? Should I ignore him? I've read somewhere that guys will show interest in you if you treat them like crap. Maybe I should stab him or kick his face. Does it turn guys on when one insults their mothers? Because I'm really good at that. Alright, let's see. You're mom is so fat, she-

-, he's looking at me!

I hold my breath.

Alright, stay cool. Just ing go to your place and sit down. Don't let his handsomeness ruin your life. 

Do. Not. Look. In. His. Eyes. 

, I looked! 

They are so… dark and… oh god… xjskxmßsmdteddy bear of annihilation… he will kill humanity with his cuteness… the last judgement is near…

"Are you okay?" Some random classmate asks me. He's ugly enough for me to calm down and realize that I've been frozen in the middle of the room for probably a minute now. "You look pale."

.

"Yes, I'm very pale, thank you, you racist piece of crap. I will kill your cat, bye." I turn around and realize three seconds to late that I'm talking again.

This always happens when I'm nervous, why do I have to be so unsocial? So much for Park Chanyeol being a creep. He probably doesn't even consume the crack he's supplying.

Alright. Come on, you got this. Sit down.

I nod to myself as I finally arrive at my seat after what felt like 84 years of suffering. "Yo." I nod in Park Chanyeol's direction, because I'm stupid.

Who says "yo" anyway? Did someone ever get the d trough saying "yo"? I don't ing think so.

Park Chanyeol's eyes meet mine. For a moment he just stares at my face. My mind goes blank as I picture all worst case scenarios. I take a glance under his table. Good, no Baekhyun giving him a . I'm not ready for gayness right now, but being with the gang makes you brace yourself for gayness 24/7.

But then he laughs out instead.

Loud.

Too loud and too deep, it nearly hurts everyone's ears, echoing down the whole room. The other students stare at him, but he continues.

Is he… is he laughing at me?


His laugh continues and something makes me realize he's laughing out of happiness. His laugh, so creepy and weird sounding, is the most wonderful sound I've heard all my life.

Of course after all of SHINee's songs. Amen.

"You talk to me!" Park Chanyeol smiles at me. Myself. ing moi. Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? ing tell me before I start crying. "I mean, after. You know. I vomited all over your boyfriend's room." He laughs, now more silent and awkward.

"Don't worry, I- wait, boyfriend?"

Park Chanyeol thinks Luhan is my boyfriend?

Whatwhatwhatxkldßjdk, everybody say NO. This can't be happening!

Chanyeol nods, looking perplexed. "That third year, Luhan. The one I saw you with", he blushes, probably remembering how Luhan has caught him spying on us yesterday, "in the campus yard. B-by accident. You know."

No, I don't know. I don't know

"He's not… no. Luhan is just a very good friend of mine." I hope I'm not blushing. 

But he is and red suits him very well. Is that a smile appearing on his face? "Oh, that's… That's cool." He can't help but smile shyly, now facing the table.

It really is a smile. Park Chanyeol smiles because of me. He thinks it's cool I don't date Luhan?

I'm lost for words. My body is too busy producing hormones right now.

mememerightnowpls. You beautiful puppy, impregnate me right now.

"I… I like your hair." He smiles brightly. It looks disturbing, as if he's going to me and eat my organs.

I smile back. I'm falling so hard for you, Park Chanyeol.  You're a perfect ten.

But please work on your countenance.

 

"Luhannieeee! Gegegegegegege!" I scream out, barging inside my worst friend's room. My euphoria fades and I regret not knocking 0,000002 milliseconds later.

"What the are you doing, you sick piece of - don't ing continue, god!" I cover my eyes from the sight of Luhan sitting on his bed, ing in front of his laptop.

"Why am I sick? You are the intruder, after all. This is a very healthy and natural thing to do." Of course no shame in his tone. 

"Could you at least stop?" I ask, utterly disgusted. I'm still hiding my eyes, silently praying to dubulge that he's going to stop right now. "I have news for you."

"I can't stop now, but if you help me I'm going to-"

"Okay, bye. See you never." I run out the door, searching for Tao's room instead.

But at least the cookie has been right. I got to see a d today. An impressive one, I have to admit. So my mission didn't completely fail.

 

"You saw Luhan's ? How was it? Thick?" Tao asks after I tell him everything of my conversation with Park Chanyeol.

"Really? This is what interests you? I'm about to find true love and you-"

"Was it large?"

SHINee, please save me…

 

The next on my list is Kris, because Minseok still has classes. I'm surprised he listens to my story.

"You like Chanyeol?" He doesn't look up from his Chinese homework. But there's no judgement in his voice.

"Yes... extremely. You are not mad?" I remember Minseok's reaction at the grocery store.

"Honestly? No. Of course not, he's a good guy. Why should I be mad? But I'm surprised. He gets misunderstood a lot."

My mouth falls open. Seriously?

Kris ing Wu, BB cream addict, wanna-be-rapper, fashion killer and bleach king is more understanding than Kim Minseok? It's not even opposite day yet!

"Kris... that's... I'm so glad I know you. I love you."

Kris rolls his eyes. "Don't be so dramatic. I'm sure we will find a way to get him to like you."

I could cry out of happiness.

 

I don't bother telling Chen and Lay anything about what happened.

I don't want to barge in on them doing the do or anything. No additional nightmares needed, thank you. 

So I go to bed after hanging out with Kris for a while. With a huge smile on my face, SHINee in my ears and Park Chanyeol in my heart.

 

Because it's the week of shocking news, I discover Onew's supposed to have pink hair for the SHINee comeback. Seeing my bias rock pink hair makes my legs all jiggly, so it's no wonder I end up bumping against Kim Jongin.

I absolutely forgot this guy exists. Seriously, where was has he been for the last days? 

"Sorry…" I mumble, still not able to live in the real world.

ing pink hair. Why is this happening? How can he do this to my ? I don't want to go to class, I feel like rolling in my bed and scream all day long.

"Don't worry." Kai flashes me a bright smile. "I don't mind body contact."

Ugh.

I can nearly smell his venereal diseases. He doesn't even know my name, but that doesn't change the fact that I know enough about him to be grossed out. I once barged in as he ed my English teacher in the classroom. Apart from the respect that he deserves for getting her moan out the Lord's name so loud, I feel absolutely disgusted by this guy. Why did he have to do this on my seat?

"Yeah, whatever." I turn around, but as I'm about to leave, he grabs my wrist. Because my life is a huge joke.

"Where'ya going, cutie? Don't you want to spend-"

"No, I don't. Let me go." I'm not in the mood for his . He's not even that good looking. I really don't get what girl's see in him. He's no pink haired Onew.

He looks like a ing koala bear, am I really the only one who notices?

"Aww, don't be a party pooper…" Kai smiles at me. He looks like a guy from a toothpaste commercial. 

Party pooper, like I care. I will poop on his life if this continues. I ruined moods back then when I still was in mood to do stuff besides ruining other's moods. .

"Let me go. Now." I struggle against his grip and start to feel nervous. There's no one else on the corridor. I don't want to get . Not here, not by Kim Kai.

What the is going on? Isn't he supposed to be the nicer one of the two school ? It's serious business if Byun Baekhyun is the gentler one of them. Kai has a much better reputation. He's something like a gentlemen-.

"I won't sleep with you. My is reserved for emergencies."
Kai rises an eyebrow. I realize how strange I must sound. "Uhm, okay. I'm... sorry?" He scratches the back of his head. Suddenly he looks like a lost little boy. 

You better be sorry. I will kill you in your sleep. "It's okay. Have a nice day, or whatever." Turning around, I head towards psychology class. 

My bby is waiting for me.

 

"You are really popular." Park Chanyeol's eyelashes are long and dark as he looks at me with a jelaous look in that adorable orbs of his.

Is he sulking?

"Popular? Why do you think that?" It's hard to speak in his presence. Simple sentences are suddenly so difficult to form. He must think I'm speech-impaired.

"All your friends are really cool. And Kai likes you, too, so..." He blushes.

"Wait, did you spy on me again?" I blurt out in shock without thinking about my words.

His blush gets deeper as he panicky fans with his hands, creating a very weird little dance of embarrassment. "N-no!" He's too loud again. I can see the disgusted looks people give him, and I want to punch them all. He doesn't seem to notice, though. "I was just walking by, so…"

"I did not see you." I deadpan.

It's fun to see him struggle for an answer. He ends up looking anywhere but my face.

"It's okay" I finally assure him, laughing. "I believe you."

Not. You are a dirty little spy, Park Chanyeol. Of course I don't don't believe this ! The thought of Park Chanyeol might liking me is too great.

But then the lesson starts and I can only admire him silently.

 

"So, if he spies on you, you need to do something really y to attract him and his tiny s. You should strip!" Luhan exclaims, as if that's the best idea in the world.

"I can't strip in the hallway." Speaking with a mouth full of sandwich, I must look really y. So much for attracting boys. I should stop eating in public, seriously.

"You can. You mean you won't."

I sigh. Why do I even expect him to be help?

"It's nearly spring break, you should ask him if he wants to go to the cinema or something" Minseok suggests. He seems to accept the fact that Park Chanyeol is the one I like, slowly.

"As if I'm going to be so bold! I'm a lady. Incompetent and unsocial, but a lady, nonetheless. It's much more important to find out what the is wrong with Kim Kai. He seems to be schizophrenic or something. How can a guy switch personalities from to boy next door so fluently?"

"It's probably just an act." Another bite of sandwich disappears in that beautiful but also very annoying mouth. I'm glad Minseok can cook, we would starve without our daily meetings at his room. "'How many girls can you get in a week while acting like a wounded puppy?' Something like this." 

No. Park Chanyeol is the only puppy on campus.

"It doesn't matter anyway, does it? That crack dealer guy is the one you are interested in." Tao sighs. "Your fashion taste is too good to fall in love with a guy that dresses like that."

I have to admit that Park Chanyeol might not be the most fashionable person on earth, but he's cute enough to pull it off.

"Let the girl like who she likes." It's Kris aka live saver. I'm not used to him being a help in anything.

But anyone's a help compared to Chen and Lay, who are seemingly touching each other under the table. I miss the times when I used to touch Lay's tralala though. Ugh, nevermind. I have a new target.

So here I am, laying on the cold hard floor, two days before spring break, making my decision.

 

I'm going to find female friends and get Park Chanyeol before school starts again.

 


 

it's time for spring break!

i hope you're gonna stay tuned and tell me if you are interested in me continuing this story, so i can collect some ideas and motivation for possible future chapters..

huge thanks to the subscribers and readers. your comments really made me happy. thank you for reading.