Prologue

How Park Chanyeol ruined my Life (Hiatus)

Prologue: SHINe - Medusa I.


"Absoinglutely not."

"Come on! I thought we're friends!"

"Last week you got drunk and took a on Minseok's desk. I know how you treat your friends, Luhan. That's why I refuse to call you one of mine."

"How dare you? You and me, we're just like siblings! How can you betray me like this?"

I can only roll my eyes at this.

Luhan, the boy one could or could not call my best friend is standing behind me in my room, trying to convince me of some . Once again.

This boy might look like he's straight out of a shoujo manga, but god, Luhan is by far the biggest trouble maker on the whole campus.

I actually know him since middle school, but I somehow managed to ignore him for three years before befriending that tard in high school.

I still remember how he 'accidentally' set his class' mascot, Mr Whiskers, on fire in ninth grade, exactly one week after the hamster bit him in the thumb. The whole school knew about this and saved up money for the hamster's funeral.

This pretty much sums up his personality.

Still, I can feel the stare of his oh-so innocent deer eyes burning through my neck, nearly making me lose control and slap him.

Nearly.

. Acting all innocent and cute. Pretty guys disgust me. ing tard.

"Come on", he starts to beg. "It'll be fun."

Ugh. 

Fun

I hear that far too often.

Like that one time he and Chen somehow convinced me that going on a date with Yixing was a good idea, that he was the one for me, my prince charming.

I ended up laying in the garden of a stranger with no memory except for Lay doing the macarena on the Burger King counter.

That's how I became friends with Lay.

Nevermind, I have more important stuff to think about.

My eyes are still fixed on my phone's screen, impatiently refreshing the website I'm browsing on. Still no release date for SHINee's comeback…

"You sound like a ." I answer Luhan, utterly annoyed by him and the fact that SHINee won't hurry the up. "In fact I do feel very violated by you and thus I want you to leave my room." 

I can faintly hear Luhan complaining again, but I don't pay any attention to him. It can only be a month or two before SHINee have their comeback…

SHINee… SHINeeee… 

"How can you be like this?!" Luhan suddenly yells. Dammit, the whole campus can probably hear that monologue of him. 

What on earth did I to deserve this plague? 

"When I need you the most you…!" he continues, using his wounded-deer-voice. Then he jumps to my side, dramatically shaking his fist up in the air and looking at me as if he was deceived. 

Oh, great. Now he's in drama mode.

"Luhan. Look." Sighing, I look up at that disgustingly handsome face of his, abandoning my phone to finally pay attention to him.

Abandoning SHINee.

This is a huge sacrifice, believe me or not. I am a great friend after all. 

"It's your field trip. A ing illegal field trip. If somebody finds out, you're doomed." My hand swiftly gestures to the door. "Please go to hell alone if you want to get in trouble so badly." I continue, speaking extra slowly to help that tiny brain of his handle my words of wisdom.

Soon Luhan starts to gasp, looking surprisingly in place in my princess pink room full of SHINee posters, continuously closing and opening his mouth. 

He probably tries to look shocked. He only manages to look like a retard though.

"You are cold hearted!", shocked-Luhan says.

Retard-Luhan says. tard Luhan.

I hate this guy. Why must he be blessed with good looks?

tard.

"You won't ever get a guy if you're being like this!", he exclaims angrily. I roll my eyes once again.

This argument again? "Besides, everybody's going to come", he continues. "Come on. Please."

I snort, shaking my head. "Stop trying to convince me. As if Minseok's going to come."

"He does." Luhan grins evilly.

I swear to SHINee, he's Satan in person, not his son.

My eyebrows go up sceptically. "How come?" 

Minseok is another friend of mine and the total opposite of son of Satan, Luhan. Cute yet manly, reliable, intelligent. I'd totally do him if he wasn't aual as .

There's no way Minseok would... oh, . 

I hold my breath.

"Wait, do I want to know what you did to the poor boy?"

Images of last summer and poor Minseok, locked up in the girl's bathroom by a high-as--Luhan laughing out loud pops up in my head.

It was an awful summer for all of us.

"Blackmail." Luhan simply says.

"Oh."

Probably the picture of high-as--Yixing trying to undress Xiumin in the back of Kris' car after Luhan told him that Minseok's got some "steamed buns" under his shirt. 

To Lay's defense: He was very hungry.

I repeat, it was a very, very awful summer for every each of us. 

"Well, I still say no. You go have fun with your "Chinese gang". I have stuff to to."

Like reading fanfictions and watching the Ring Ding Dong MV over and over again. 

I'm a busy woman.

Luhan exhales sharply. I know how much he hates his friends getting called the chinese gang. Everyone on campus does this and it's driving him crazy. 

"You." he begins to talk, his voice soft and serious. I half expect him do give me a lecture about racism and how Minseok and Chen are Koreans, surprised by the sudden change of mood.

"You are my very best friend", he continues "and I love you, you know that. Baozi, you, and me. We are the gang. So please, please just come along. It won't be fun without you. Please."

...

.

 

Six hours later I find myself on the passager seat of Luhan's Smart, sitting on Minseoks lab, probably crushing his balls while Luhan happily growls Girl's Generation songs and violates every traffic rule ever made.

"I GOT A BOY!" Luhan shouts in his "Tifanny-voice", making Minseok jump at the shrill sound. 

"You got no jams…" I mutter bitterly, taking my phone out to look after my babies, SHINee, ending up accidentally elbowing Minseok in the process. I can hear him whine silently behind me and just as I'm about to apologize, Luhan starts again.

"I GOT A B… wait, was that a stop sign? Lol, nevermind."

...

What is life.

 

After one and a half hour of torture Luhan finally decided to stop our "little adventure" (it's a ing miracle that we didn't had to deal with the cops) to take a break at a small super market.

After Minseok bought me a donut and Luhan promised that I'm allowed to choose the soundtrack of the rest of our journey, I was finally able to relax for a bit. 

"Where are we going anyway?" I ask Luhan, happily munching the donut Minseok gave me. Minseok smiles at me, because he's a cutie pie and Luhan's a ing . "If we're going to spend three days in a youth hostel I'm going to cut your throat."

Oh, there's my anger again.

"Nope. Much better", he assures me, throwing Skittles in his mouth. "We're meeting up with the guys at Chen's aunts house. She's in her honeymoon, so the whole house belongs to us." He grins.

I can smell trouble.

"Do you really think that's such a good idea?" Minseok carefully throws in. "I mean… all seven of us alone in an empty house? That sound's like trouble to me. It's Chen, after all. And let's not forget that we have a girl with us."

Awww. Xiuxiu worrying for my innocence.

Cutie pie.

But Luhan just bursts out laughing.

"Girl? You mean her?" He points at me, holding his stomach, having a hard time to breathe because of his laughing fit. "She's barely one!"

Awww. Luhan trying to make me beat the outta him. 

Bastard.

And because karma does exist, that pink haired idiot chokes on his Skittles and nearly dies. 

Haven't laughed so hard in a while.

 

Sitting in a Smart is even worse when you're on Luhan's lap, having to deal with his "hey baby"s and obviously googled pickup lines.

trying to be funny.

I still desperately try to think positive.

Hey, at least the music's nice. Boys Meet U is my jam, after all. And Minseok can actually drive, god may bless him.

So after three minutes of silence Luhan and I are growling "WATCHING ALL THE WATCHING ALL THE GURLS GONE BY".

Minseok's actually smiling, looking genuely happy for the first time today.

Everything seems to turn out just fine.

 

Everything turned out really, really awful. 

Clothed in casual spring attire we try to make our way through the sudden thunderstorm to meet the others. 

Worst of it all, the wind won't stop molesting me and blows my skirt up, so Luhan can scream "Wowowow, I take it back, you are a girl!" and wolf whistle.

I really need some female friends.

Then, finally, I can see Kris in the far, all in black, casually standing in the rain and wearing sun glasses. Classic.

By his side are Chen and Tao, latter obviously being bullied by the former boy. 

There's also what I suspect either to be Yixing in a pink rain coat or a giant rubber duck. It's probably just Yixing, though. Rubber ducks are usually yellow.

"HEY GUUUIZZZE" Luhan screams against the wind, sounding like a e, but I assume nobody understands a anyway.

Without another greeting we all hurriedly storm inside what I suspect to be Chen's aunt's house. 

Chen's aunt's house is pretty remote, the city being fiveteen minutes away by car. It doesn't look very modern either, everything is made out of wood, furniture and heating system being probably older than I am. 

It looks like the set of a splatter movie.

Worry starts to rise inside of me. Wood burns easily. We're gonna be screwed if Lay's planning to-

"Hey", said boy whispers in my ear as soon as we enter the house, interrupting my thoughts and worries. "You know… I got some. You know. Stuff. Dubey. Mary Jane. You get me?"

… Dear god.

 

The rest of the day goes by without me noticing too much, except for laying high as hell on the floor with Yixing and getting kicked around the room by an annoyed Kris.

Before I know better, I drift into a peaceful sleep and forget everything about how illegal this whole thing is and that I've actually got classes to attend.

 

"Have you ever met Park Chanyeol?"

It's a single sentence that makes me look up from my precious phone in the middle of a heartbreaking OnHo fanfiction.

"That's a stupid name. Kinda familiar though. Who's that ?" I ask casually, mouth full of cookie crisps.

"Ugh, disgusting." Tao wrinkles his nose. "You look so tiny and cute, no stranger could ever think you are like this. Swearing in every sentence and eating like a really nasty pig."

"Thanks bud." Looking at him, I slurp my breakfast extra noisingly. "Only for you though, baby"

"y. Anyway, have you really never heard of him? You know, that weird guy that wears Rilakkuma boxers around the dorm. I think he's in your Psychology class. Kinda ironic, if you ask me."

"Rilakkuma?" I wiggle my eyebrows at Tao. "Sounds kawaii as . Tell me more."

Tao rolls his eyes. "He's a creep. He once sniffed sherbet in the middle of lunch break. His whole nose started to foam and he stained half of the cafeteria."

"Woah, that's y. Tell me less, though. I don't need any nightmares. So what's with that guy?"

"I'm really surprised you don't know him." Tao starts, suddenly grinning brightly. "Last week he asked Kris how to apply for our gang and if one must be Chinese to get accepted."

This makes me choke on my flakes, bursting out in hysteric laughter. "He's hilarious, how come I've never noticed him?"

"I don't get it either!", he wonders. He then scans the room, looking if someone's near, then leaning over to me. "Don't let anybody know this, especially not Yixing, I mean that guy's hyper enough, but I heard that Park Chanyeol's a crack supplier. Not hard to believe though, you just have to look at his face and the senseless laughing fits he gets in class. That guy's obviously insane."

Not thinking anything in particular, I just snort at his information.

Rumors like this do not interest me. There really are some strange ers on our campus, keeping up with every each of them would be bothersome.

"Drugs change people, you know. Except for weed. Weed's great." I shrug.

"Yeah, but still... there's something off with that guy."

"You're probably just imagining things."

Not thinking about it anymore, Tao and I decide to join the others on the couch.

 

Yesterday's storm passes by quickly and rather nice weather follows. Because of that and the fact that Chen keeps annoying us all, the group decides to go grocery shopping for ingredients we could use for dinner.

Refusing to drive in Luhan's Smart ("Traitor! We were like siblings! How can you do this to me? Our friendship? HOW CAN ONE BE SO COLD HEARTED?!" Luhan screams until Kris stuffs his fist in Luhan's mouth in a rather ual looking way) I end up on the passager seat of Kris SUV.

I really don't get how those stupid s can effort a car while I can't even effort donuts.

Driving with Kris is relaxing. There's no single sound except for Yixings snoring in the backseat and Kris' swearing everytime another driver does something he finds to be stupid. That means every twenty-three seconds, but hey, I'm not one to mess with Wu Yifan.

After arriving in front of the supermarket the next quest is finding a suitable parking lot. Which is difficult.

At least finding Luhan and Minseok isn't difficult at all, the red Smart being squeezed between two motorcycles.

I pray to god, SHINee, Hello Kitty and the universe that that ratchet flower boy will get hundreds of tickets.

"What is this ", Kris mutters, restlessly looking for a parking lot. It's Wednesday afternoon, which shouldn't exactly be a busy day. But it apparently is anyway.

Life .

After almost ten minutes of searching and violent swearing Kris finally finds a lot. All of us start to cheer while he hurriedly operates the indicator until...

...the lot gets stolen by another car.

"What?" Kris yells, beeping furiously, but the driver of the other car doesn't seem to mind.

"Silver Volvo", Lay, who seems to be awake now, mutters. "Just like in Twilight. Woah. Maybe that's Edward Cullen!"

Just as Chen is about to make fun of the disoriented boy the passagers of the silver car decides to get out.

And I can hardly believe my eyes.

"Is that… wait, that's Byun Baekhyun isn't he? What's going on?"

I don't have a ing clue what the most popular boy in college besides Kim Kai, the playboy, does want here, in the middle of nowhere.

That manwhore in his expensive shoes and 90€ haircut.

Yep, after all this time in Korea I still talk about Euros, not Won. I'm so integrated, it's unreal.

And I think I don't have to mention that Byun Baekhyun is an annoying, bratty little that picks up everything with female s.

Oh, lord Jesus. Why in this place? Ain't nobody got time for that .

And there he is, standing beside the door of his drivers seat, wearing thick eyeliner and a leather jacket, just as usual. He starts blazing a cigarette all coolly until he spots us.

I hold my breath. 

I knew this could not have been a good idea. As if it hasn't been obvious enough that all of us were not taking our classes simultaniously, now there's actual evidence of us skipping.

Baekhyun's looking at me as I start breathing again, staring directly in my eyes and then at Kris - his mouth forming to a sheepish smile.

What is that guy thinking?

"I don't care who he is or what he's doing. That was my lot." Kris finally answers Chen, his voice cold as ice. A shiver runs down my spine. This won't end good.

Rest in peace, Baekhyun. Now Kai will be the school's only . 

Just as Kris is about to get out of his car the beat the outta Byun Baekhyun, another person suddenly gets out of Edward Cullen's silver Volvo.

An incredibly tall figure appears, clumsily climbing out of the car - he must be about Kris' height, and Kris is a ing tower. But he looks kinda… weak compared to Kris.

The boy stands with his back to us, trying to fix his slightly curly, short black hair, making it only messier. I notice how big his ears are, they seem to twitch a bit as Baekhyun addresses him, pointing at Kris' car. And then the boy turns around to look at us and I can see his face for the very first time.

I forget how to breathe.

"Wait… is that Chanyeol?" Kris voice seems to be awfully far away. 

Chanyeol?

That piece of art, this pure perfection, that's Park Chanyeol?

My heart starts to beat even faster.

"Park Chanyeol? Oh god, you're right!" Tao nearly screams.

He's just… perfect.

My heart won't relax and I end up staring at him, when suddenly, our gazes meet, just for a second, before he blushes furiously and turns away again.

Why is that stupid so cute? This is shoujo-esque!

"So this is Park Chanyeol…" I mutter breathlessly. Park Chanyeol…

The crack supplier.

 


________________________

sorry if that was too short, it's more an intruduction than an actual chapter. since this is my first fic i also need to learn how handle asianfanfics... it's kinda complicated.

let me know if you liked it!