Acoustic (Acapella-ish) Remix Contest

✧ Luminous Music Entertainment ✧ Collab Archive
 
 
 

RESULT!

 

First of all thank you and good job to everyone for submitting within deadlines and for all the hardwork that you pour into each song. Thank you for voting!  We feel it deep inside our heart. We appreciate it so much. <3 LME stars lets go along the way~ So before we announce the result, we would like to announce that the next competition will be held in August as we feel that the gap is too close and so many stars submitting but remain MIA even after we extend the deadline. So here is the result;

 

1st Place..
"Ice Cream Cake" - Seollin (82.06%)

2nd Place..
"No Mercy Please Dont Crash, One Shot Angel" - S&M (72.97%)

3rd Place..
"Goodbye Baby / I need U" - Byul (70.89%)

MelodyZeeWinni

Xinnie - Empty
  • I like this laid-back ukulele style of Empty! The 'shaker' sound (or whatever it was) adds a nice dynamic to the song! :D Some tempo seemed slow. The harmonies were also nice, though some parts were still a little off. It's still a very enjoyable cover that suits your voice~ :3
  • I really enjoy your version of Empty. Very soothing. And the high notes you could make it full falsetto though with this version feels. Good job! It is ukulele sound?
  • I enjoy this, your version very enjoyable LOL. (y) good job!

Seollin - Ice Cream Cake

  • I love this! Honestly, this is the type of cover I'm looking for when starting this contest. Love the different feel, love the way you made this into a ballad. Only comment is that harmonies could be softer in volume. Overall, I love slow acoustic remakes of songs and this definitely fit the category! :D
  • As the intro the harmony, I already feel captured to hear more. a total 360 feels from the original! Awesome arrangement! I was very satisfied from start to ending.
  • Never knew ice cream cake would sound good in ballad-ish way. GOOD JOB <3. Very very original. Love it.

S & M - No Mercy Please Dont Crash, One Shot Angel

  • Even as a non-BAP fan, I really love this! Did you guys do this live? It would actually be really beautiful if you went back and added more harmonies to this. But very creative and original. For future reference, you can try to vary the way you play the guitar, like fingerpluck, strum once, or do the regular strumming thingy to give it more power. :)
  • I was expecting some hype up song but the acoustic sound so good too! I'm not sure its either Please Dont/Crash ws a bit too fast. And Crash+Angel wow that is good. but some reason, it gets a bit lengthy as time goes. 
  • Cool~ very fresh.. new style of BAP.. its not boring at all! sound a little like lulaby but the lulaby that will help ppl have sweat dream as after effect. LOL love it!!

Aemi - Just One Day & Love Is Not Over

  • I really wished you could add some harmonies, cause it would've been reaaaaally beautiful, and a nice practice for you too :p Or maybe try to put a twist to the song in some way, like maybe sing the rap part? Or since it's a mashup, make sure the two songs are incorporated into each other instead of singing one after the other. Like instead of saying "Love is not over" you could sing "haruman~" But great job, great vocal, really soothing! :)
  • Your voice is very soothing~ And I hope you can raise your voice in One Day, cuz I almost cant heard you.The combination is a bit weird but still have same tone, soothing
  • its not blend so well actually, but i like your voice and the song, only if u can blend it right... i guess this would be cool, beautiful~~. Anyway good job! 
Alice - Haru Haru
  • I love this song!!! (Was kinda hoping someone would do this XD) I love the intro especially. The harmonies at the beginning was off, but good job for trying it out! :D From now on, we should let you do more random English intros for a collab <3
  • The harmony after the rap/talking is a bit off. Like winni said your rap is cute. I think the its that not smooth before TOP rap part in chorus. and your part after those fast rap becomes a bit messy and I wish your brush up your pronunciation a bit. But overall your voice is really soothing here ;)
  • I can heard few fals in the beginnning.. and your rap is cute^^ and this haru-haru become a total new song (feel) with your version. cause bigbang kinda swag.. while yours.. cute.. sweety.. good job!

Byul - Goodbye Baby / I Need U 

  • It isn't really acoustic, but I give you props for the mash up. It's so sad how you sing "baby goodbye" and took the "hate you" part instead of "I need you" or it would've been even sadder. Very well done!
  • I really love the starter with the rain and thunder effects! wow good job! very creative! And strangely these two songs mix well together. and I really love it! And all those sound effects it mixed well too. And like Mel said it have to be either Acoustic/Acapella the song would be good for former contest tho. ;)
  • Like melody said rather than acoustic this is more like mash up. and sound good.. i really like it. the feel is diffferent from the original. love it!

Məmøìrš - Shanghai Love Baby I'm Sorry, I Need U Take It Slow All Night

  • I applaud you two for the effort. The key of the background vocal, the main melody, and the guitar seemed to be all different. And you also played the guitar so hesitantly. If you're not sure, no need to use it :) Strangely, it created this mysterious whimsical effect. Great job for exploring different resources to create different sounds. A+ for creativity!
  • It feels a bit weird the combination. And the transition maybe could be a bit smoother. But really good job on making all those sounds. The guitar strums is a bit weird. Its a good try but for me personally its not that working.
  • It would be good acoustic song if it the music can be combine well, for now still too raw but however u can made all of this sound is cool to me. creative!

Hyeesun - Get Out/ The Chaser

  • Good alternative to go all out acapella. Following the key you used for Get Out, it would be better if The Chaser was at a higher key since the chorus should be built up more (and I think you sang both songs at different keys now?). Good job for going back and forth between the two songs though. :)
  • I wish more sounds would be add into cuz the transitions was quite smooth though minor hiccups. And I really appreciate u still send after I request cuz you were without your partner. Good job ;)
  • I love ur acapella, the transitions smooth like zee-h said. good job! its cool. it would be more good if u add few sound to the empty spot/ harmonies.
 
 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
So whats the difference between acoustic and acapella, stop dont google it. Lemme explain to you. I just google it. Acoustic refers to sounds that are made using musical instrument while acapella are sounds that are produced using your voice. Enough all those boring talks, lets get down to business.
 
Tasks
  • You can go individual or 2 person in a group.  (Minimum is 1 or maximum are 2 member)
  • Make a song using musical instruments / acapella / beatbox / knocking on desks. Anything you can basically think of. BUT USING INSTRUMENTAL/KARAOKE OF THE SONG IS BANNED!
  • It can be English or Kpop song (Or any kpop group that has produced a Mandarin/Japanese/English version of it) Go crazy but not to the point I(Zee) literally feeling like punching. Sorry I'm not usually this violent
  • You can make a slow versiondo a mashuprewrite lyrics in English. Just be creative as long as you don't use original instrumentals. If you need examples, all of my (Melody) covers are basically this XD (Shameless promotion, I know~)

 
Prizes
(Same prize, please suggest to us better prizes lol)

1st Place
- Guest star on LM FM Episode 4
- 4 upvotes to a story per person
- Choose a song for the next collab, and get whichever part you desire

2nd Place
- 4 upvotes to a story per person
- Choose a song for the next collab, and get whichever part you desire

3rd Place
- 4 upvotes to a story per person

- Get one priority pass for a collab per person. Meaning that when you apply and you wanna use this, you'll get your desired part.
 
Apply
Write in the comment section below:

TEAM NAME:
MEMBERS: (Username and stage name)
SONG: (You may tell us your song choice later once it's decided)
Post the song on Soundcloud with "[LME Contest] Song - Team Name" as the title.
PM LME's main AFF account with the link by the CLOSE and DEADLINE 15th June 2015.
 
Judging Criteria 
So here is the catch, 50% will be given by LME's CEO. Another 50% will given by public voting.
Leave that counting to us. XD
- PUNCTUALITY 25 pt (Do you meet the deadline?)
- ORIGINALITY 25 pt (Did you made it different from the original feel? Did you remixed it yourself? Did you put your own feel to it? If yes, you'll get high marks!)
- COMPLETENESS 20 pt (Does it include harmonizations, adlibs, and background vocals?)
- QUALITY 20 pt (Pitch, singing style, professionalism)
- SONG CHOICE 10 pt (How well it fit with your voices)
 
Participants