♡Boys Boys Boys - SHINee (English Parody)

✧ Luminous Music Entertainment ✧ Collab Archive
After a long day of endless studying and an infinite amount of homework thrown against her, Maerin was glad the day was over. She barely had any strength left to return back home, but the though of sleeping over at her school building during night was scarier. With the last amount of energy she had left, she decided to drag her feet over to the packed bus stop. It seemed nearly impossible to find a seat now.
 
It took several minutes before the bus arrived, and just as predicted, Maerin had to fight just to get into the crowded bus. Her eyes scanned the entire place for an empty spot, halting momentarily as she saw a divine shiny person instead.
 
Tae Min was sitting not too far away from her.
 
“Halmoni, please take this seat,” Tae Min spoke kindly.
 
Maerin gasped as she saw the grandma standing besides her switch over with the handsome yet cute looking guy. As soon as Tae Min was the one standing next to her, Maerin could literally hear her heart pounding in her heart, so audibly, so loud, so embarrassingly.
 
“If I had another seat, I’d offer it to you,” Tae Min suddenly said, looking at the blushing girl.
 
“O-oh… Thanks,” Maerin managed to say out with a slight stutter. She quickly diverted her eyes away from him, feeling in heaven.
 
Angels do exist.
 

 

“Unnie!!! UNNIE!!!!” Maerin yelled as she barged in through the front door of their dorm. She had a wide grin plastered on her face as she happily skipped in towards her four elders who sat on the couch in the living room.
 
“You look happy.” Hae-in noticed as she immediately lowered the volume of the anime playing on TV.
 
“What happened?” Zoe asked as she stopped midway of her weird dance routines.
 
Everyone else turned to the younger one with curious grins.
 
“I…. I met a guy today!” Maerin squealed shyly.
 
At once, their grin faded. A dark grim look appeared on their face.
 
“I think I might be in-”
 
“STOP!” Melody held a hand out to her before Maerin could even say the word. She scoffed a laugh, looking at the maknae in disbelief. “Clearly you don’t know anything about guys.”
 
“You’re too innocent, Maerin,” Hee-Jin shook her head worriedly.
 
“But… But…. He was so sweet,” Maerin smiled.
 
 
The four unnie grinned at each other after their amazing musical outburst. Hee-Jin somehow developed somewhat of a British accent as she managed to pour out her entire emotion and dilemma into her lines, hoping the feelings got across through her well-executed high notes. Melody technically sounded like a mother to Maerin, sarcastically stating her resentment to the opposite gender. Zoe put in her entire soul to show her inner feelings in her singing, especially the sweet jazz-like adlibs. Hae-in’s parts including the raps were very sweet, which greatly contrasts what she is saying. This represents what boys are like very well.
 
Maerin wondered why she started singing in her usual typical sweet voice despite her flu at the moment. She pondered about their wise advices and warning, regretting how close she was to fall for Tae Min’s tricks. Boys were truly like wolfs disguised in sheep skin! She knew it was impossible for such a perfect guy to exist!
 
“Thank you, unnie! You all saved me from making the biggest mistakes of my life!” Maerin said determinedly with a fiery spirit steaming around her.
 
“Great, now you know what not to do,” Melody said as she got up from the couch, grabbed her jacket and headed to the door.
 
Maerin gave her a weird look. “Where are you going, unnie?”
 
“Oh.. I… I promised Woo Hyun I’d play FIFA with him.”
 
“That reminds me! Me and Sung Min oppa are going to try this new all you can eat buffet!” Zoe said as she also got ready.
 
“We might just meet you. Joon oppa send me some flowers in the longest time this morning, asking me out for a date,” Hae-in giggled to herself as she moved away from the living room.
 
“I’m going to the jimjilbang with Xiu Min oppa today,” Hee-Jin added shyly as she also grabbed her shoes.
 
Maerin blinked her eyes in confusion. “But unnie… Didn’t you all just tell me about the danger of boys?”
 
“Yes, so don’t date anyone, Maerin~” the other four said in sync before they headed out of the apartment, leaving their maknae by herself.
 
“Tae Min oppa isn’t dangerous, right?”
 
 


 

 
Did you like the short drabble! Check out LUMINOUS LOVE for more~
Find my not-so-hidden comments about our singing. This is so fun! Our very first English translated collab! Thank you Zoe and Maerin for writing the lyrics with me. And also Hee-Jin and Hae-in for participating! <3
 
Hope the mixing is fine. I couldn’t align the instrumental and the original song since the tempo is kinda different. So I had to rely on my own sense of tempo. LOL.

PS. This is just a fun parody. Boys, we still like you :p