Chapter 7

Cuteness Overload
Chapter 7



Jaejoongie loved nature. It used to be his other friend other than books. Yet, he never tried to touch water like today. He meant, he never actually tried to jump into them. Pouting, Jaejoong wondered how the other kids could easily go into the water. He was a bit afraid.

“Jaejoongie, come on!” Yunho called him as he pulled the elf boy. Jaejoong’s fear went away as he felt Yunho’s warm palm on his. Everything seemed to be okay if there’s his Yunnie. It had been a week since they started school and tonight they would learn how to swim.

“Umm, Yunnie, wait,” suddenly the elf boy stopped,” Umm…Are you okay with water? I mean…you’re a fire dragon, right?”

Yunho blushed, he was happy that his Jaejoongie worried about him. Yunho smiled as he said he would be okay as long as the water wasn’t cold freezing. His warm body would adjust with the water but it might cause the water turned a bit warm.

“I like warm water, hurry up and come inside, hyung,” Changmin called as he was already inside the pool, swimming around on his life vest.

Yunho nodded as he took first step to the pool. It was a bit cold but he would be okay.  Jaejoongie joined soon as both of them sat on the pool stairs, they tried to get use to the water first. It felt good and being near Yunho made the water warm.

“Chunnie, don’t let go!” Junsu’s voice could be heard from another side of the pool. The nymph boy was swimming as he held into Yoochun’s palm. Like a professional trainer, the merman boy guided Junsu carefully.

It didn’t take long before the nymph boy could swim on his own. Yet, because of his clumsiness, sometime Junsu would lose balance and fail to float. Yoochun helped him up every time he fell. It was somehow cutely repeatable.

“Ummm, Yunnie can you swim?” Jaejoong asked as the dragon boy shook his head softly.

“I can teach you, you know,” Changmin offered as he looked away shyly,” Since Yoochun hyung is busy with Junsu hyung…”

“Really?” Jaejoong and Yunho chorused excitedly. The vampire boy nodded as he coughed softly, trying to hide his blushing face. He didn’t know why he became easily embarrassed these days, especially if it was related to his school group.

It’s because you like them, Changmin ah. So you care about them, just admit it already…

Kyuhyun’s voice echoed inside Changmin’s head as he mentally pushed Kyu away on his mind. He shouldn’t have talked about his itchy feeling to the ghost. Now, he would be forever friendly terrorized by the ghost, not that he minded though.

So the vampire boy began to demonstrate how they should move their hands and feet. All of them were wearing life vest so floating wasn’t really the issue. Staying balance to float it was.

Yunho somehow managed to swim easily after few minutes. Meanwhile, it took Jaejoong a little longer. Changmin was laughing softly at the elf boy cute attempts to swim better as the dragon boy held him, then Changmin felt his face was splashed by water.

He coughed as he used his palm to clean the water away from his face. He was really to whoever did that to him but stopped when he realized it was the nymph boy.

“I’m sorry, Changmin ah, I didn’t mean to,” Junsu apologized as he was afraid Changmin would be angry with him. Well, all of them were aware angry vampire boy wasn’t good.

“It’s my fault because I failed to catch Junsu, “ Yoochun immediately butted in. Changmin sighed. He couldn’t get angry. He knew he would never get angry, except it was related to food, to his team member. Okay, he admitted it, he liked them.

“Nah, it’s okay hyung, just be careful okay?” Changmin tried to smile. He didn’t get used to smile but at least he tried. He wasn’t expecting Junsu to hug and then smile back at him. He swore he could feel weird stare coming from the merman boy.

“Ehem, “ Changmin tried to change the topic,” Anyway, we should get ready.”

“For what?” Yunho asked as the five boys gathered together at the swimming pool side.

“The teacher will make us race each other by our group,” Changmin explained,” I think we have practice enough.”

“Hmm, isn’t it rude to read the teacher’s mind?” Jaejoong asked softly.

“Hyung, our power is our gift,” Changmin began to explain in wise voice like quoting someone,” It’s not a sin to use it for goodness. And the goodness in this is I know that the teacher will give free eating ticket to the winner. It’s not just your usual ticket; it’s the school special menu!”

The rest tried to muffle their laugh. It wasn’t long for them to figure out that the vampire boy was glutton. He always brought many blood bags on his school bag. He knew Changmin would do anything for food; he just loved eating so much. They innocently thought Changmin’s tummy was limitless.

“Then, let’s win the race so Changmin can get the food!” Junsu cheered happily. The rest finally couldn’t muffle their laugh anymore. The vampire boy gave a friendly stare to the nymph boy but Junsu was just too gullible to realize it.

Soon enough, the teacher called the students. They gathered as the teacher told them about the friendly race. Everything was like Changmin said. Next, they needed to decide their swimming order.

“Can I go first?” Yoochun asked,” I’m sure I can steal head start.”

“Of course, go surprise them Chunnie!” Junsu squealed like Yoochun was some kind of his hero.

“Then, I’ll go next,” Yunho said as he turned to Jaejoong,” Do you want to go after me, Jaejoongie?”

The elf boy nodded happily. So far, Changmin approved the order.

“Then I’ll go after Jaejoong hyung!” Junsu cheered.

“I’ll go last to make sure we get the food---I mean, the eating ticket,” Changmin said finally. They soon summited their order to the teacher. They didn’t realize there were some eyes staring at them.

“Everyone, get ready!” the teacher finally called.

Yoochun got on the platform. The other group first swimmer did the same. The teacher gave signal to prepare themselves. Three…Two…One…Start!!!

The merman boy jumped off the platform as he dashed to the swimming pool. He was the first one like his group expected. It took his less than five second to do touch down and swim back. It looked so fast on the boys’ eyes. For adult, they’re like normal cute little boys aged 5 dashing on the water.

“Hyung!” Yoochun called as he touched Yunho’s palm. Yunho jumped into the pool as he swam as fast as he could. The dragon boy wasn’t as fast as the merman boy but he did good. They were still leading as Yunho swam back.

Jaejoong began to feel nervous but he convinced himself he would be okay. Yunho and Yoochun did it, he could do this too. As soon as he felt Yunho’s warm palm, Jaejoong felt at ease. He jumped into the pool as he did the move Changmin and Yunho taught him. It wasn’t scary; instead Jaejoong loved how the water touched him.

Swimming at his best, Jaejoong made it to back to the platform as he touched Junsu’s palm. It was finally the nymph boy’s turn. He almost failed to float but he gave his best . He swam as fast as he could. But suddenly, the second team managed to go side by side on Junsu.

“It’s okay! You can do it!” Yoochun’s shouted.

“I’ll take care of the last one hyung!” Changmin cheered too.

It was enough for Junsu to stop going into panic mode. He wasn’t alone. He had his friends by his side now. He would be okay. He was about to turn back before he felt something caught his legs inside the water. He couldn’t swim back for a few seconds and the second team passed him.

Yoochun realized something was wrong and he almost jumped into the pool to save his Junsu. But the nymph boy prevented it as he shouted he would be okay. Junsu tried his best to swim back when he managed to kick away the thing that caught him underwater. Then, he finally touched Changmin’s palm.

 “You won’t win this time,” Changmin could hear someone whispered to him before he jumped.