Chapter 4

Cuteness Overload

 

Chapter 4



Five small figures were walking through the hall. Yunho, as the leader opened the next clue. He was about to read it to the others but stopped when a girly screams came out from the canteen behind them. They were sure another group that went inside after them was all boys.

“Umm…” Yoochun shifted uncomfortable. Junsu realized it and he decided to pull the merman boy’s palm with his green roots. Their hand connected instantly as Yoochun froze and blushed. The nymph boy just smiled happily.

“…Okay, the next clue is…” Yunho continued as he realized he should let the others read too,” Jaejoongie, can you read the next one?”

“Eh? Umm…Okay,” Jaejoong answered as he took the paper,” Human uses this mainly to contain liquid. It is like a cone and has a carrying handle. Ummm…Is that a bucket?”

“Bucket?” Junsu asked,” What’s a bucket?”

“It’s a water flower,” Changmin lied.

“Ehh? I never heard such flower,” Junsu surprised as he continued,” What is it like? Is it friendly and beautiful? Is it small or big? What does it smell like? What’s its color?”

“…Junsu ah, it’s not a flower,” Yoochun finally said after everyone shared a long pause.

“Eh? But Changmin said it’s a flower,” Junsu smiled. Jaejoong didn’t know what to do because he didn’t want to crush Junsu’s innocent smile. Meanwhile, he knew Changmin just wanted to tease Junsu. Suddenly, Yunho gave a light push on Changmin’s shoulder. The vampire boy realized he just got a slight warning from the leader.

“Umm…I misheard it as ‘bouquet’,” Changmin tried to explain,” Bucket is actually a cone-like thing…Actually, it’ll be easier to point at it than explain it…”

“Um…Okay,” Junsu pouted,” Please point it to me when we find it, okay?”

The rest nodded as they sighed in relief and gave stares to Changmin. The vampire boy pretended nothing happened as he gulped his blood bag.

“Where will we find a bucket?” Yunho asked.

“Swimming pool,” Yoochun said as his eyes blinked in excitement; it was like full of stars,” They always have bucket in swimming pool.”

“Okay, let’s go then,” Changmin said as he leaded the way. He had been to the school swimming pool once. In fact he had almost drowned but Kyuhyun saved him. That was actually when he met the ghost for the first time.

Junsu realized Yoochun couldn’t stop smiling all the way to the pool. Their hands were still connected and he could feel how excited Yoochun was. Junsu liked excited Yoochun, the merman boy’s palm felt warm.

“That’s the swimming poo---“ before Jaejoong could finish, one of them rushed to the pool. It was no other than the merman boy. Yoochun jumped into the pool with his uniform as the others were left surprise. He didn’t realize his hand was still connected to Junsu as the nymph boy followed him into the pool.

“This feels so good!” Yoochun cheered as he swam along the pool like a pro.

“Junsu!” Jaejoong called as finally Yoochun realized Junsu had almost drowned. He rushed into Junsu’s side as he took the nymph boy out of the pool. Junsu was panting heavily and Yoochun felt so bad. He didn’t mean to scare or hurt Junsu like that. He was just too excited seeing the water.

“Are you okay?” Yunho, Changmin, and Jaejoong chorused together.

“I’m…okay,” Junsu finally said after he took few deep breaths. Yoochun was still next to Junsu, head down feeling guilty, crying softly.

“Um…Chunnie?” Junsu called,” Please don’t be sad. I want to see smiling Chunnie like before, hehe~”

“But---I---I almost---“ Yoochun couldn’t finished his sentence as Junsu gave a light peck on his lips. The tears stopped as the nymph boy smiled and hugged Yoochun. Yunho and Jaejoong blushed at the sight as Changmin disappeared somewhere; couldn’t bear the fluffiness.

“Will you teach me how to swim later when we have swimming class?” Junsu asked as the merman boy finally smiled in relief and happily.

“Can you stand?” Jaejoong offered his hand to Junsu and Yunho to Yoochun. They got up but Yoochun’s and Junsu’s clothes were all wet.

“Let me handle this,” Yunho blew warm air as the clothes began to dry up. Jaejoong was admiring every moment of it. Yunho looked like a super hero in Jaejoong’s eyes.

“Thank you, Yunho hyung,” Junsu and Yoochun chorused together as Yunho blushed a bit; he felt like an older brother all of the sudden.

“Um, where’s Changmin?” Jaejoong finally asked as they looked around and couldn’t find the vampire boy. They circled the pool and still couldn’t find Changmin.

Suddenly a loud thud could be heard from a bathroom next to the pool. The boys rushed to the bathroom as they saw Changmin laid on the floor. In front of him, there was another group who’s holding a bucket.

“Give it back!” Changmin demanded. The other rushed in front of Changmin.

“Are you okay?” Jaejoong helped Changmin stand up.

“I’m okay, but they stole the bucket,” Changmin frowned; the others noticed the vampire boy was mad and hurt and mad. Had they mention mad?

“Wait, that boy---“ Yoochun was the first one to notice one of the boys were the one who hurt Junsu before.

“This’s our payback!” the evil group pushed the five boys into the bathroom and locked the door. They pushed the door with all their power but the door wouldn’t budge. They cried for help but no one replied. Yunho almost burnt the door but Jaejoong stopped him because it might cause fire accident.

“They’re so dead when I got out of here. I’ll ask Kyu to haunt them everything they eat at the canteen and I’ll their blood dry!” Changmin said almost shouting; the rest tried to calm the vampire boy down and thought of an idea.

Few minutes passed as the five boys sat on the floor side by side. Changmin was still burning with anger, Yunho was frowning for an idea, Jaejoong bit his lips nervously, Yoochun held Junsu’s hand. They waited; hoping the teacher would find and help them.

They didn’t know how much time had passed but then they heard a quiet sobs. It surprised all of them because it came out from the vampire boy. Changmin hid his face behind his knees as he cried.

“Changmin ah, please don’t cry,” Junsu said,” You made me wanna cry too…”

“It’s okay, we’ll get out from here,” Yunho reassured,” I’ll think of something, everything will be alright.”

“Changmin…” Yoochun and Jaejoong chorused together as they made a circle hug around the crying vampire. Normally, they knew Changmin would push them away but this Changmin, they just wanted to protect him.

“It’s my entire fault,” Changmin said as he continued,” If only I was more careful, I would be the one locking them here, instead being locked up.”

The other couldn’t help but to chuckle as how witty Changmin could be, even in times like this. They stayed in group hug for a little while. Then, suddenly, the vampire boy stood up.

“Changmin ah, what are you doing?” Yunho asked worriedly as the youngest one went to one of the toilet chamber. He did the same to the other chambers. Then he came back with few buckets and then he stuck them up near the window.

“We’re getting out of here. Then we’ll finish all the tasks and get our revenge in the process,” Changmin finally spoke with his usual confident and snarky voice.