Chapter 10

Cuteness Overload
Chapter 10



It was cold and dark. He wasn’t sure where he was. He even wasn’t sure who he was. It was like he was floating nowhere. He tried to call for anyone but he couldn’t even make a sound. He felt so helpless and scared. Would he be like this for eternity?

“Kyu!!!” suddenly a voice echoed. He didn’t know what the voice meant.

“Kyuhyun ah, please open your eyes!” another voices echoed. It sounded like few people were calling him. He wondered if ‘Kyuhyun’ was his name.

 Suddenly, a bright light blinded him. Then he remembered everything. What he was and how he ended up in limbo. He had died again, it was ironic, but at least Changmin was okay. Something about the vampire boy made Kyuhyun cared about someone after a very long time.

Kyuhyun had no idea how many years he had died, he couldn’t remember. All he knew was he died in a school canteen and bound to the place. He had stopped trying to connect with anyone as everyone hated him as a ghost. That’s why he preferred to scare them.

But one day, he saw a boy almost drown in the pool. Without thinking, he left the canteen and saved the boy. It cost him a great deal of his power but it was worth it. He met Changmin, his first friend ever since he became a ghost. Changmin was amazed by how he floated, passed things, and many others. Changmin didn’t hate him.

“Kyuuu, please don’t leave meee…” Kyuhyun heard Changmin’s sobs. His heart was in so much pain as he couldn’t do anything to stop Changmin’s cries. He had done his role; he had protected Changmin, that was enough.

Closing his eyes, Kyuhyun tried to accept that this was his end. But the voices wouldn’t stop, especially Changmin’s sobs. Kyuhyun couldn’t take it anymore as he opened his eyes again and this time the bright light was rushing toward him. Kyuhyun panicked.

He didn’t know what happened but he could feel someone was holding his hand. No one could touch him because he was a ghost; this had to be a dream. Yet, as he opened his eyes, he was greeted by Changmin’s red eyes and cheeks. It was like the vampire boy had cried for days.

“Kyu…You….Stupid…Ghost…” Changmin cried as he hit Kyuhyun on the chest, yes, hit the ghost,” Why did it take so long for you to wake up?!”

“Kyuhyun ahhh!!!” Kyuhyun surprised when he heard the others’ voices. Yunho, Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu were hugging him. It was group hug and he could touch them. He could touch them!!!

“I’m so glad you finally open your eyes,” Jaejoong cried.

“I thought we can never play together again…” Junsu cried.

Kyuhyun was speechless. If this was after life, it wasn’t so bad. He pinched his cheek and it hurt. This wasn’t a dream, he had come back to live, again. But unlike last time, he was alone and scared, this time he had people welcoming him back. It was still weird though for waking up at the school infirmary.

“I’m sorry to make you worry, I’m okay now,” Kyuhyun smiled but he could feel his cheek was wet. He was crying happy tears, he never cried before, or at least he couldn’t remember.

“I’m glad you finally open your eyes, Kyuhyun ah,” a teacher’s voice got their attention. It was no other than the teacher that magically could touch Kyuhyun before.

“Kyuhyunie, will be okay, right?” Yunho, Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu chorused together. Changmin almost choked at the nickname as he wiped his tears. Kyuhyun couldn’t hide his smile.

“He’ll be okay, but like I said before, he has to stay close to at least one of you, or he’ll disappear,” the teacher said. That was when Kyuhyun knew what they had done to him. They bound him to the five boys. Kyuhyun was happy but somehow he was burdened by it.

“Kyu, what’s wrong?” Changmin asked, realizing Kyuhyun didn’t feel comfortable.

“Umm…Are you really okay that I’m bound to you? I mean…I’ll haunt you your whole life…” Kyuhyun frowned worriedly.

“I was going to take the role alone but they wouldn’t let me,” Changmin said,” When I thought I lost you forever, I couldn’t take it. I want to be with you forever, Kyu…I…I like you so it’s okay…”

Kyuhyun wasn’t expecting Changmin to say such confession. He knew the vampire boy didn’t show his real emotion a lot. This was one of those rare times and Kyuhyun couldn’t be happier. He hugged Changmin tightly.

“You can come with us too for a day or two if you’re bored with Changmin,” Yunho offered as the got a glare from the vampire boy. The teacher laughed softly at their behavior.

“All of you won’t be punished because those bullies started it. They’ll be punished and won’t ever bother you again. I guarantee it,” the teacher explained, somehow the word ‘bullies’ just fitted,” But you’ll have to learn to control your power and emotion more. If any of this fight happens again, you won’t get off free next time, get it?”

The five boys plus the ghost nodded as they looked at the floor; regretting their emotional action. Maybe if they just called the teacher, everything would end up better and Kyuhyun wouldn’t be hurt. But we couldn’t change the past so they just had to do better next time.

“Now, here’re some things that will cheer all of you,” the teacher showed a tray she had hid behind her. It was full of ice cream. The boys squalled happily as they picked their choice. They could eat human food but they still needed their primary-creature-food. Ice cream was one of human food they loved. The teacher told them to eat at the infirmary secretly from the other students and then she left.

“What flavor is that?” Yoochun asked curiously as he eyed Junsu’s ice cream. It was too green.

“Matcha!” Junsu answered as the merman boy titled his head sideway. Without waiting, Junsu used his spoon to feed Yoochun his ice cream. Yoochun was surprised but he had to admit he liked the flavor.

“It’s good, do you want to try my vanilla ice cream, Suie?” Yoochun asked as Junsu nodded blushing. Yoochun just gave him a nickname, he loved it.

“Jaejoongie, can we share too?” Yunho asked as Jaejoong nodded excitedly. But instead of giving Yunho a spoonful of his ice cream, Jaejoong kissed Yunho’s lips softly, sharing the sweet strawberry ice cream. Yunho froze. He shyly returned the gesture with his chocolate ice cream.

“I’m gonna puke…” Changmin muttered softly as Kyuhyun laughed. The vampire boy looked at the ghost who was still laughing at him as he poked his spoon into the ghost’s mouth. Kyuhyun froze, he could taste red bean on his tongue.

“What----“ before Changmin could protest, Kyuhyun took Changmin’s ice cream and fed himself a spoonful of it. It tasted so sweet and Kyuhyun couldn’t remember the last time he ate something.

“Did you just eat my ice cream?” Changmin asked almost shouting as the others turned their attention to the vampire boy. Kyuhyun simply nodded as he finished the rest of the red bead ice cream. Changmin was lost at words.

“Try mine?”Jaejoong gave a spoonful of his ice cream to the ghost as Kyuhyun gulped it happily. Then somehow it ended up that the ghost stormed the others’ ice cream. He could touch and eat things those had been touched by the five boys. Kyuhyun couldn’t wait to discover other things he could do.

“I’m beginning to regret that you will haunt me forever…” Changmin said as he looked at his empty cup. The ghost gave a light slap on Changmin’s back. It was really a light slap, at least to the ghost. The vampire boy almost vomited all his breakfast blood.

“Umm…sorry?” Kyuhyun said as he looked to Changmin and the others,” I might go wild for a few days since I just rose from the dead. Hehe~”

The rest couldn’t really say anything. Suddenly, they were pulled into another group hug. This time the ghost was the one who started it.

“Thank you for saving me,” Kyuhyun finally spoke,” I love all of you so much!”

“Me too!” Junsu joined,” I love alllll of youuuu~”

“Love youu~ Hehe~” Jaejoong said.

Changmin, Yoochun, and Yunho could only blush one by one as they felt like the confession meant for them. Well, it’s for them but they took it more personally.

“From now on, you’re a part of Cassiopeia!” Yunho declared as the rest of them couldn’t even disagree.

 

 

---------------------
P.S. Do you realize that I changed the pairing from OT5 to YunJae+YooSu+ChangKyu? Hahaha...Anyway w/ this chapter wrote and published, I can make side (adult pairing) stories which I have been dying to make...LMAO But I promise nothing about the publication date XD