Chapter 18

Cuteness Overload
Chapter 18



The day had been long enough and the boys had too much fun at the beach today. They kept quiet about the unicorn they met: it would be their small secret. After cleaning themselves in their room, they were heading out to have their dinner now. Oh yes, the six of them shared a room for the night and they couldn't help to be excited about it. Kyuhyun was definitely thinking of pillow fight.

"Don't count me in," Changmin's voice startled the ghost as he pouted; the vampire just read his mind.

"Are you afraid you're going to lose, Minnie ah? Don't worry, I'll protect you~" Kyuhyun sang as he imitated a soundtrack of some drama he heard the other day. Changmin scoffed softly as the others wondered what they're talking about.

"Umm," Junsu was too curious as he was the first one to ask," I know Hyunie and Minnie belongs to each other but can you tell me what you're talking about?"

Changmin looked away, hiding his embarrassment; the nymph boy definitely hit a nerve. Kyuhyun...Well, the ghost was laughing and dancing on the air. Junsu wondered if he said anything wrong.

"I'm thinking of pillow fight but this vampire that belongs to me wants to stay out of it," Kyuhyun explained. Junsu liked the idea, Yoochun winced in pain like he was hit by a pillow, Yunho frowned worriedly Jaejoong would get hurt, and Jaejoong was wondering what pillow fight was.

"Let's just eat for now," Changmin finally said as they got into the hotel restaurant. It was facing the sea and cool natural breeze flew across the room. The dining tables lined up at a wooden patio and they could sit anywhere they wanted after they took their food from the counter.

"I want Chocolate Lava Soup," Changmin said; it’s chocolate in bowl with red liquid on and inside it. Kyuhyun sniffed it and realized it was blood; sweet warm blood. Kyuhyun gulped, it somehow made him wonder would his vampire on his skin if he was human.

"I want Coconut Meal!" Junsu cheered as he ordered a plate of crushed coconut with other green stuff on it. Yoochun settled for Tropical Fish Combination, which consisted of marinated dory fillet and shark fin. Jaejoong wanted Vege-Mixbowl and Yunho picked Meat Lover Pizza. In case you're wondering, their hotel was one of rare place there which provided food for creatures like them. They sat on their seats as they waited for their food to come. Yunho sat next to Jaejoong on the short side of the long table. Yoochun and Junsu sat on their right. Changmin and Kyuhyun on the left. 

"Umm, guys, what's a pillow fight?" Jaejoong finally asked the question he had been dying to ask. Elf knew no such thing, probably because they used to think such act was barbarian. Elf used to be conservative especially about nature and hate violence with all their heart. 

"It's like throwing fluffy pillow on each other, the one gets hit the most lose," Yunho explained," It's usually done in group, so don't worry Joongie, I'll protect you."

"Okay, let's try it later," Jaejoong gave a light nod and he was a bit excited trying this new thing. Changmin slapped him mentally as he was wishing the elf would be with him on this. 

"I'll join if Suie in," Yoochun added even though he was a bit scared of pillow fight. Changmin lost his hope. Remember the vampire boy's motto? Yes, 'to eat and avoid getting hurt'. Being in pillow fight hurt and he wouldn't get any food from it. 

The food came before Changmin could protest and it took his full attention. They dug into their meal as they're hungrier than they thought. Kyuhyun looked attentively to the rest of them eating, especially Changmin. There's some blood on the vampire's cheek as Kyuhyun wiped it with his napkin. Ghost didn't really need to eat, that's why he decided to only eat dessert.

"Suie, want some?" Yoochun used his fork to take some of the shark fin. Junsu frowned cutely before he took a bite; he never ate meat before, leave alone a fish. It was so good until Junsu squalled. Creatures' tummy was very sensitive especially in the first five years of their childhood. Yet Junsu figured he could try eating other things than plant from now on, little by little. Giving back his gratitude, Junsu fed Yoochun a spoonful of his coconut.

"That's...unique?" Yoochun commented. It wasn't bad, it quite delicious but he just didn't get use to the foreign taste. He knew he needed to learn eating Junsu's food if he wanted his future plan worked out. Oh yes, this possessive young merman boy had plan to spend the rest of his life with his Suie secretly. He was somehow confident that the nymph boy had been thinking about the same thing unconsciously.

"Jae, I want to share your food, I really do but I can't take vegetable well yet, maybe later on okay?" Yunho spoke worriedly, Jaejoong just smiled at him.

"It's okay Yunnie, I still can't take meat too," Jaejoong stated the fact," From now on, maybe we can split anything we eat, vege for me and meat for you. It's like completing each other, hehe~"

"Then can I eat Minnie for dessert?" Kyuhyun's absurd question caused surprised gasps from the others and Changmin almost choked on his soup. The ghost gave light pat on the vampire's back.

"You better bring me dessert for that," Changmin said as he caught his breath. Kyuhyun gave light peck on his cheek and then departed to the food counter. He ordered something for all of them. Just when he was about to come back to their seat, bunch of human kids rushed into the food counter. 

Kyuhyun was caught off guard as he almost used his disappearing power. He tried to push through the kiddy crowd but he couldn't even take a step. Then he felt his feet was stepped on, both of them. Someone knocked him on the shoulder and back, not on purpose, but it hurt. He was seriously considering flying when a voice caught his attention.

"Cockroach!" Changmin shouted as the Junsu made his green roots tickled some of the kids' leg. Jaejoong jumped into Yunho on reflect; he loved nature, really, but not cockroach. Yoochun was giving direction to the kids to move away from the counter. They immediately broke away and Kyuhyun managed to come out from the crowd.

"Thank you, I think I almost die again," Kyuhyun forced a smile as he sat on his seat. 

"You silly ghost, be careful of your ghost life!" Changmin said as he hugged Kyuhyun tightly," I'll play pillow fight or whatever you want but please never make me worried like that again!"

"...Minnie," Kyuhyun was holding up his tears; he was actually very afraid when we was stuck in human kids crowd," I know, I'll be careful. I love you."

"...Love you too, my ghost," Changmin finally said the three words. He threw away his ridiculous kiddy pride and finally confessed to Kyuhyun. He was afraid he could lose him someday and never told him his feelings.

"Umm, I love you too. Yunnie?" Jaejoong was still on Yunho, he was waiting for the dragon boy to put him down. He thought a cute confession would wake up his frozen Yunnie. He was wrong though. 

"Hyung," Yoochun's voice woke Yunho up as he put the elf on his own seat and then hid his blushing.

"Chunnie, I---I," Junsu felt somehow obligated to say the three words to Yoochun too. Kyuhyun and Jaejoong had said it first to their other half and Junsu wanted it too.

"Hmm?" Yoochun could guess what Junsu wanted to say and he waited.

"Iloveyou!" Junsu said in one breath as he blushed into tomato. Correct that, shining red tomato. Yoochun smiled as he hugged his nymph boy.

They sat on their seats obediently when their dessert came. Kyuhyun ordered pudding with various fruit taste. Banana for Yoochun, watermelon for Junsu, apple for Jaejoong, grape for Yunho, raspberry for Changmin, and honeydew for himself. They're quite content with Kyuhyun's choice. 

It took them less than a minute to finish their delicious dessert. They shared some with each other and were happily full after that. Then they headed back to their room and were ready to rest for the day. Tomorrow they'd have real beach friendship competition, they needed their strength. Well, they're bound to pillow fight first though.

 

-------------------------------
P.S. I posted this in my class so I only did fast checking, anyway, I hope it's not as bad as I think? I wrote it while waiting for my review turn LOL Comments are love~