Chapter 5

Cuteness Overload
Chapter 5



Yunho felt a bit bad for not realizing his power was the key for their escape.  Junsu felt the same too and so did Yoochun. Actually, Jaejoong was also feeling bad because he didn’t really do anything for their escape. It was like everything was figured out by the vampire boy.

“Give me the next clue, hyung,” Changmin spoke as Yunho let the vampire boy read it. They’re still near the swimming pool and managed to get the bucket.

So this was what happened. Changmin stuck the buckets near the bathroom window. He told Junsu to connect their handles using his green root. Then, Yoochun to use his water power to help Junsu kept the bucket on balance. Yunho was the first one to go because he was the lightest as he could fly. The leader opened the window glass and got out. The rest of them followed up and was helped by Yunho one by one on the other side. Changmin, being the last one, he took one of the top bucket and accomplished their third task. It was a simple plan.

 “Human sprays this to keep the air fresh. It usually has sweet and nice smell,” Changmin read. He thought for a while but he didn’t know the tool. The rest stayed silent too.

“Umm, is that an air freshener?” Jaejoong suddenly spoke as he tilted his head sideway. It was too cute for the dragon boy to handle. He had no idea what Jaejoong meant though.

“What is that?” Yoochun frowned, he never heard such words. He was too confused to realize the nymph boy was laughing softly at his frowning cute face.

“…I think I know where we can find one,” Changmin finally said as he continued,” You’re a very knowledgeable elf, Jaejoong hyung. I’m glad you’re in our team.”

Jaejoong blushed into red tomatoes after he realized Changmin just praised him, but the vampire boy was busy leading the way. Yunho blew warm air into Jaejoong’s cheek but it only made the elf blushed more. The rest were still awed by Changmin’s sudden praise. They knew Changmin wasn’t the type to say such sentimental things.

“Come on!” Changmin called as they finally followed the vampire boy. They didn’t realize someone were following them from the dark.

They went back to school garden direction. Somehow, they still could hear pitiful plea from the canteen direction but they didn’t bother with it. They went across the canteen and went inside a room full of big shelves and books. There’s no one there and yes, it’s the library.

“What is this place?!” Jaejoong asked excitedly as he marched toward the books in front of him. The rest were surprised by how Jaejoong’s attitude changed drastically. The elf boy was like a Christmas tree as he impatiently took one book from the shelves and opened it. Yunho was so amazed till he didn’t move.

“Hyung, can you two watch the door? Send us signal if someone comes in,” Changmin asked as Yunho nodded fast. He joined Jaejoong as he sat next to the excited elf boy, watching the door or maybe watching the excited Jaejoong.

Changmin sighed as he walked deeper. The nymph boy and merman boy followed him as they moved slowly. He began to tell them their plan.

“Help me find a box-like thing on the wall,” Changmin spoke,” It usually has beeping light and it sprays something once in a while.”

“We better split up then,” Junsu suggested as Yoochun felt suddenly protective toward the idea. The vampire boy noticed.

“Okay, I’ll go alone. Hyung deul can go together,” Changmin said,” If you find it, use the green root to take it down, okay?”

“Okay!” Junsu cheered as he disappeared into another direction. Yoochun followed him from behind; it was like they’re playing chase and catch. Changmin once again wondered how he could end up with such team. He liked them but he was too stubborn to admit it.

As Changmin, Junsu, and Yoochun were still searching, Yunho and Jaejoong were still sitting near the library door. Jaejoong was busy reading as he smiled excitedly and Yunho was enjoying every moment seeing Jaejoong’s priceless expression. He never knew Jaejoong could make such cute and happy smiles. He wished Jaejoong would open up more with him, and the group of course.

Yunho’s heaven was disturbed when he heard the library door was opened suddenly. Jaejoong was surprised too as his book fell on the floor. It was the five mean boys that locked them inside the bathroom.

Yunho stood up in front of Jaejoong. He took a deep breath as he blew hot air into the ceiling direction. It made fire spark and was enough to signal the others of the intruder. Yet, Yunho knew he needed to buy time and protect his Jaejoongie.

“Yunnie, I’m scared,” Jaejoong hugged Yunho from behind as he buried his face on Yunho’s neck. Yunho felt his heart skipped a beat but he stayed strong.

“Look, they’re scared,” one of the mean boys said in mean tone. Yunho stood firm, giving his intimidating stare. It didn’t work out though; it was two versus five after all.

“Give us the fourth tool and no one will get hurt,” another mean boy spoke, he seemed to be the leader. Yunho was confused of what he should do. Before he could answer, someone else did for him.

“…No,” Jaejoong answered as he let go of Yunho and stood next to him,” You’re not stealing any of our tools ever again.”

Yunho was amazed by Jaejoong’s sudden stern cute voice. Well, everything Jaejoong did or said were always cute in Yunho’s eyes. The dragon boy could see determination on his Jaejoongie.

“Yes, you’re not hurting any of our friends too!” Yunho braved himself to speak. The five mean boys looked at each other. Yunho wondered what they would do, but suddenly he felt a soft sound inside his head. Yes, inside his head.

‘Yunnie, on my signal, can you fire your amazing fireballs on the ground near their feet?’

It took Yunho a second to realize it was Jaejoong’s voice. Surprised, but he managed to give light nod to Jaejoong. The elf smiled cutely as Yunho trusted Jaejoong’s plan completely, though he didn’t know what it was.

“Fine if you’re not giving it up, we’ll make you regret it!” the five boys marched to Yunho and Jaejoong. The dragon boy was waiting for the countdown but then suddenly, the five mean boys’ movement stopped. It was like they’re stuck to the ground and couldn’t move.

‘Now! Yunnie!’

Yunho threw his fireballs into their feet direction. The five mean boys screamed as they thought their feet burnt. They ran away from the library, crying and in shock. Yunho had no idea what happened. He made sure he didn’t hit their feet. Beside him, Jaejoong was laughing so hard till the elf boy fell on the floor. The laugh felt so foreign on Yunho’s ear but he liked it.

“What happened?!” Yoochun asked as he was the first one went back. Junsu and Changmin followed behind him. There’s a box-like thing on Junsu’s hand; the green root was the one holding it though. Jaejoong finally managed to stop laughing, there’re happy tears on his eyes.

Still on the floor, Jaejoong finally got up as he took Yunho’s hand. The rest were still too confused to digest what just happened. They’re sure there were some intruders, probably the same mean boys from before. Somehow Yunho and Jaejoong managed to take care of him. Then, Jaejoong was laughing on the floor. They had discovered so many new sides of the elf boy tonight.

“What did you do, hyung?” Changmin finally asked.

“Illusion!” Jaejoong excitedly claimed, still smiling,” I made them felt the floor swallowed their feet so they stopped moving then I talked to Yunnie using my telepathy to fire near their feet. I did more illusion to make it looked like they burnt their feet. Hehe~ It’s all written on this book!”

Changmin took the book from Jaejoong as he frowned at the title ‘Hundred ways to make your enemy suffers and leaves you alone forever.’ They gulped; they had no idea Jaejoong’s book rage was so wide. It might be too wide.

“Come on, let’s find the last tool!” Jaejoong spoke as he walked out from the library. It was the first time they promised themselves to never ever bother the elf boy once he’s reading.

--------------------------------------------------

P.S. If u notice, I'm writing 2 on-going fics now, this fluffy cute one and super angsty one  (Healing) . Sometime I wonder how I can easily switch the mood to write them lol, am I even normal Anyway. I hope u enjoy this new side of our Jaejoongie~