Chapter 1

Cuteness Overload
Chapter 1


“Come on!” Yunho rushed to check his classroom number on the board, there’re a lot of other new students there. Yunho was having a little hard time to find his name. He kept searching without letting go of Jaejoong’s hand.

Meanwhile Jaejoong forgot he had to search too. He was getting more nervous as he could feel his palm started to sweat because Yunho’s palm was too warm. He tried to let Yunho go of his palm but the other boy just kept holding him tight.

“Found it!” Yunho’s voice startled the nervous Jaejoong,” We’re on the same class, Jaejoongie!”

Jaejoong froze and didn’t even struggle anymore as Yunho pulled him toward their class direction. He followed Yunho like an obedient child. Actually, Jaejoong’s heart skip a beat when he heard Yunho called him ‘Jaejoongie’. No one ever called him like that, except his parents.

Yunho stopped on the hallway as he realized Jaejoong hadn’t spoken a word. He turned around and asked Jaejoong what was wrong. Jaejoong just shook his head.

“Jaejoongie, please don’t be mad at me. You’re my first friend and I want to keep being friend with you,” Yunho confessed cutely,” I like you, Jaejoongie…”

“…But we just met…” Jaejoong mumbled softly but it was loud enough for Yunho to listen,” And you’ve been calling me with nicknames…”
 

“You don’t like me calling you Jaejoongie?” Yunho asked worriedly, it’s like all the playfulness had turned into sadness. Jaejoong immediately regretted what he just did.

“I don’t mind,” Jaejoong answered,” I guess I’m okay with it. It’s just…For an elf, nickname means a lot. Only good friends call each other by nickname…”

“Then we just have to be good friends, right?” Yunho asked as he got his bright smile back. Jaejoong nodded as he smiled back.

“You can call me Yunnie!” Yunho declared,” So it’s fair, right? Hehe~ Smiling Jaejoongie is so beautiful!”

Jaejoong blushed but he managed to look at Yunho and mumbled ‘Yunnie’ before the morning bell rang. Then the two boys rushed toward their classroom with connecting hands. The classroom was decorated in colorful wallpaper and the furniture was shaped like cute animals too. Everything looked like normal school, except the things they would learn there.

There’re two empty seats next to each other on the third row near the window. Yunho and Jaejoong sat there. Before long, a teacher came in. It was their first day so they would introduce and get to know each other first. One by one stood up and told the class their name and race. Jaejoong wondered what Yunho was. He didn’t have a chance to ask.

“Hi, I’m Jung Yunho,” Yunho spoke up proudly,” I’m a descendant of a fire dragon.”

The class was on awe because dragon descendant was rare and Jaejoong blinked. Now he got it; why Yunho was so warm. He somehow already missed how warm Yunho’s palm felt like.

“Next…” the teacher called.

“I’m Kim Jaejoong,” Jaejoong muttered a bit, Yunho was cheering beside him,” I’m an elf…”

Jaejoong sat down as he looked down. He was never good interacting with people, not that he didn’t want to, he was just too shy. Yet, he felt comfortable around Yunho. His comfort zone was interrupted when Jaejoong saw something on a desk of a boy in front of him.

It was a small bag with something red inside it. Yet, Jaejoong could tell what the content was on the first glance. It was blood and Kim Jaejoong couldn’t stand blood.

“I’m Shim Changmin,” the boy stood up suddenly, almost made Jaejoong screamed behind him,” Vampire…”

Jaejoong was sitting behind a vampire. All of the things out there, Jaejoong couldn’t stand vampire. Not because they’re scary or bad, it was because they tended to carry blood everywhere as their food. Jaejoong softly mumbled to Yunho to switch seat with him.

“Are you afraid I’m going to bite you?” suddenly the vampire boy turned back facing Jaejoong. The teacher was busy introducing other students and Jaejoong froze.

“Don’t bully, Jaejoongie,” Yunho defended.

“I’m not,” Changmin defended himself,” I was just asking because he froze stiff when I introduced myself.”

“…Blood,” Jaejoong mumbled,” I can’t stand blood…”

“But blood is my food,” Changmin spoke as an idea popped up on his head,” Oh! You’re elf, right? So you can use illusion. Just use it to camouflage my blood bag into something that doesn’t scare you, problem solved, right?”

Jaejoong took a breath as he closed his eyes. A second later he opened them and could see Changmin normally. He didn’t see blood bag anymore, what he saw was a cake, well, red velvet cake to be exact. It was still red but it wasn’t blood.

“Good, now the teacher is going to make us perform group of five,” Changmin spoke up as he explained,” I can read mind, well, some weak mind. But I can’t read you two, so you are interesting. Can we be in the same group?”

Yunho looked at Jaejoong as the elf gave a nod. Changmin seemed smart and a good vampire. ‘Now we just need two more…Hmmm…’ Changmin mumbled to himself as his mind wondered around the class. He found other two; they’re right next to him. ‘Perfect’ Changmin told himself.

“Everyone, please form a group of five,” the teacher finally spoke.

“Hi, do two of you want to be in the same group as we’re?” Changmin asked.

“Sure! I’m Kim Junsu!” one of the boy answered as he shook Changmin’s hand; there’s a green root tickling Changmin’s arm as the vampire shivered,” Aww, sorry about that. Sometime I can’t really control them when I’m too excited!”

“What are you?” Yunho asked curiously.

“I’m a Nymph descendant,” Junsu cheerfully,” All plants are my friends!”

“Okay…” Jaejoong tried to touch the green root on Junsu’s arm, but every time he almost did it, the root moved around. The elf couldn’t help but to be into a game of chasing root on Junsu’s arm. Yunho joined too after a few seconds. The nymph just laughed uniquely. Changmin swore he never heard such high pitch and kind of cute laugh like that.

“Oh,” Changmin almost forgot about the other boy. He was so silent so Changmin asked him again. The boy just nodded and spoke no words.

“Um, what’s your name?” Junsu asked as Yunho and Jaejoong were still playing with the root on his arm.

“Park Yoochun,” the silent boy answered,” I’m a merman…”

“Cool!” Junsu cheered,” Do you need water? I heard merman has to get water from time to time. I can give you some if you want, my plants can make enough water!”

“…Thank you but I’m not thirsty now,” Yoochun smiled for the first time. The merman boy loved bright things and right now, Junsu was shining like a diamond in front of him, glowing with cheerful and innocent light.

“Now, everyone,” the teacher’s voice got the children’s attention,” Get to know your group member. Ask their age and hobby and anything you want. Then pick a leader and a group name, okay? This will be your group for this year.”

“Okayyy…” the children replied together.

Jaejoong, Yunho, Changmin, Junsu, and Yoochun sat next to each other in that order, making a small round of chairs. They looked at each other as they wondered who would be the leader. Little they expect one of them would stand up and proclaim the position.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. Since I've been recieving a lot of love, I mean, comments, I decided to update the first chap XD Hahaha...I dun usually like this but I really need a lot of comments now to boost my tired writing brain (esp since my uni started) XDDD So, how's it?