The Almost Date

Finding Love

Thank you to my new subscriber mugirl9182!! Hope you like this update :)

 

**

 

It was a Sunday morning and Dara was taking her early routine jog around the park when she spotted a familiar figure sitting on a bench with earphones on and reading a book. She smiled and jogged to the person.

 
“Good morning, Seunghyun-ah.” She greeted happily. Seunghyun looked up and saw Dara. He smiled sweetly at her and she felt her heart skipped a beat. Dara took her time taking in his fresh looked appearance. ‘He looks so damn simple and y! Huhu. Stop, Dara. Before you launch yourself to him. It’s too early for y thoughts, Sandara Park!’ But Dara observed the dark circles under his eyes too.
 
“Omo. Did you sleep well last night?” She asked. Seunghyun winced remembering that Jiyong and Dara was together because of the reunion.
 
“Good morning, Dara-ah. It’s nice to see you. And yes, I slept soundly last night. Maybe just a bit tired.” He greeted back as he closed his book and placed it on his lap. Dara sat beside Seunghyun and breathed in fresh air. “You usually jog here?” He asked.
 
“Ne. How about you? It’s the first time I saw you around here.”
 
“Ah. I just transferred to a new apartment in this neighborhood. You live near?”
 
“Yup! Just around the block.”
 
“Really? That’s quite near to mine.” He said. Dara smiled and nodded. “Have you had breakfast already? Let’s have one. My treat.” He suggested as he stood up. Dara looked at him with wide eyes.
 
“Omo. No need. It will be my treat this time since you brought lunch the last time.”
 
“Aniyo. That doesn’t count. Hmm. Let’s say, it’s my treat today and next time yours? Sounds good?” Dara smiled and stood up.
 
“Alright. Great idea.” Seunghyun smiled. “Where do you wanna eat?”
 
“Hmm. I’m just new here. Do you have any suggestions?”
 
“Oh yeah! Let me tour you next time, ne?” Seunghyun happily nodded his head. ‘I’m so looking forward to that!’ He thought to himself.
 
“I know this coffee place near, it’s cozy there and very affordable! Plus, they serve pastries as well. You’ll love it there, I assure you.” Dara suggested and smiled.
 
“Okay. I’m excited. Kekeke. Lead the way?” Dara nodded her head and they were quiet.
 
‘A very comfortable and soothing silence.’ They both thought to themselves.
 
“What’s the name of the coffee place?” Seunghyun asked breaking the spell. ‘Pabo, Seunghyun! Just like that, the magic was broken. Haisht.’ He thought. He was too damn nervous to be with Dara! He was always like this whenever there were chances that they were together.
 
“Oh! It’s Nakajima.”
 
“Japanese?”
 
“Ne~ The owners are Japanese. But they have been residing here in Korea for years already.” Seunghyun nodded in response and they were quiet again until they reached their destination.
 
“Oh! Good morning, Dara-chan!” Dara smiled.
 
“Good morning, Nanako-san!” She greeted back with the same energy. Seunghyun on the other hand smiled and bowed. The ahjumma greeted him back.
 
“Ano~ You have company today, huh?! Your boyfriend?”
 
“Omo~ Aniyo, Nanako-san. He’s my friend, Choi Seunghyun. He just moved here.” Dara replied, blushing hard. Seunghyun noticed this and felt himself flustered too.
 
“Ah. Ne, ne. Arasso. Sit down and I’ll take your orders in a while. I’ll just get a paper.” Dara nodded and said her thank you’s to Nanako. They were the first customers of the café because it was still early.
 
“Nanako-san. Where’s Yuto-chan?” Dara was pertaining to Nanako’s son, Yuto. She then turned to Seunghyun. “Yuto-chan is Nanako-san’s son. He works here every weekends just to help his mom.” Seunghyun nodded in understanding.
 
“Sounds like a good kid. Hmm. This place is pretty. It’s really like a high class café with friendly prices.” He said as he scanned the place.
 
“He is! Hehe. Glad you like it here.” She said and Seunghyun smiled.
 
“Yuto? He has a school immersion in Jeju Island and they’ll be back tonight.”
 
“Omo chincha? Aigooo. He should have something for us, Nanako-san.” Nanako chuckled at her.
 
“I’ll call him later to tell that. Hmm. Are you going to have the usual, Dara-chan?”
 
“Hai! Arigato gozaimasu!” Dara exclaimed. Seunghyun can’t help but chuckle at her. ‘She’s so adorable. .’ He thought.
 
“How about you, Seunghyun-san?”
 
“Hmm. I guess I’ll take whatever she’s having. Please and thank you.”
 
“Eh???? Are you sure? I love sweet things, Seunghyun-ah.”
 
“Then maybe I’ll learn to love them too.” He answered. Dara blushed again and Nanako chuckled.
 
“Arasso. I’ll be back in a jiffy.” The two nodded excitedly.
 
“What’s your usual, anyway?”
 
“Errrr~ Mocha cappuccino, garlic bread sticks, and chocolate mousse cake! Hehehehe.”
 
“Bwoh?! Chincha???”
 
“Ya! Are you judging me?!” Seunghyun laughed at her.
 
“Ani. But I was just wondering... Why too much sweets early in the morning?” Dara smiled at him warmly.
 
“Hmm. It makes me happy all day long?” She replied. Seunghyun chuckled.
 
“2 orders of Mocha cappuccino, garlic bread sticks, and chocolate mousse cakes. Also, 2 sandwich deluxe. This is on our house.”
 
“Omo. Nanako-san?!” Nanako chuckled at her.
 
“I insist, Dara-chan. He’s new here, you said?” Dara nodded.
 
“Arigato gozaimasu!” The two exclaimed. “Let’s eat, Nanako-san.” They said again at the same time and they chuckled.
 
“Ah. Thank you. I had my breakfast already. I’ll just be in the kitchen to prepare.”
 
“Arasso, Nanako-san.” Dara replied and Seunghyun smiled. Nanako bowed and left.
 
“I can’t help but notice that rabbit pendant of yours, Dara-ah.” Seunghyun said as he took a sip of his drink.
 
“Hmm? Why? What about it?” Dara replied in between mouthfuls.
 
“You love rabbits?” Dara nodded and chuckled.
 
“It’s my nickname. Ssantokki!” She replied enthusiastically. Seunghyun chuckled.
 
“I see. But that one looks so elegant. It looks good on you.”
 
“Really? Thank you very much, Seunghyun-ah. You’re the first person, well besides my friends, to notice it.”
 
“I can’t help but notice this... Whenever you introduce me or Jiyong to anyone, you don’t say that we’re friends. Don’t you wanna be one?”
 
“Omo. I’m sorry! I thought you’d be annoyed if I address you as my friends since we just recently met.” Seunghyun laughed softly and shook his head.
 
“Of course it’s better when you introduce us that we’re your friends too.”
 
“Arasso. Next time.”
 
“Hmm. H-how was the K-kwon’s family reunion?” Seunghyun nervously asked. ‘! I stuttered. I look stupid. Argh!’ He thought but kept a smile on his face.
 
“Oh. It was fun! Jiyong’s family is amazing. They’re so... Happy.” Seunghyun looked at her, studying her features.
 
“Yeah. They’re the happiest clan I know.” He replied. Dara chuckled to this.
 
“I agree. Hmm. Can I ask something?”
 
“Go ahead.” He said as he took a bit of his cake. “This is ing delicious!” He exclaimed. Dara looked at him surprised but then she giggled. “Aigoo. I’m so sorry for cursing.”
 
“It’s okay. I curse too, sometimes. It’s inevitable.” She said, chuckling.
 
“Sorry I disturbed you. What was your question?”
 
“Oh! Hmm. How about you, Seunghyun-ah? How’s your family?” Seunghyun abruptly stopped eating. Dara noticed this and worry was plastered on her face. “Omo~ I’m so sorry. You don’t have to answer me. I’m invading your privacy. I’m sorry.” Dara lowered her head. Seunghyun wiped his mouth with a napkin then he smiled.
 
“Dara-ah. It’s okay. I don’t mind. Hmm. My dad died 2 months ago. Until now, my mom is in the mourning stage. But she’s well. Need not to worry about her. I check up on her everyday before going back to my apartment after work.”
 
“I’m sorry to hear that.” She said in a whisper. Seunghyun chuckled.
 
“Ya! You don’t need to sound so sad.” He said as he ate his cake.
 
“Do you want to visit your mom today? You know, I’m free. I can accom-”
 
“I would love to.  Thank you, Dara-ah.” Dara smiled sheepishly. She can’t help but feel excited about it. “She lives in Ilsan. Is it okay?”
 
“Of course!” Dara answered excitedly.
 
“Let’s meet around 10am at the center of the park? We’ll use my car.” Seunghyun said to her.
 
“Arasso!”
 
**
 
Seunghyun went to their meeting place, 30 minutes early. He was so excited and happy that Dara offered him to accompany him.
 
‘Hihihi. I’m so happy today!’ He thought. After a few minutes, Dara arrived.
 
“Seunghyun-ah!” She called out to him. Seunghyun turned and saw a running and waving Dara. He felt that she was in a slow motion running to him.
 
‘She looks stunning even she’s wearing simple clothes.’ He thought. Dara was wearing a crop shirt, high waisted denim pants, and sneakers. Her hair, in a messy bun. Seunghyun wore a simple shirt, denim shorts, and nike rubber shoes. Anyone seeing them would think that they look like a couple. A perfect one.
 
“Dara-ah.” Was all he had managed to say.
 
“Hi! I hope I’m not late.” She said as she panted. Seunghyun chuckled.
 
“You’re just in time.” He smiled. They went to the parking area near the park and rode Seunghyun’s car.
 
The rest of the ride was quiet. But they didn’t mind.
 
RING RING RING.
 
“Yoboseyo? Oh, Woobin-ah. What’s up?” Upon hearing his nemesis’ name, Seunghyun held the stirring wheel tightly.
 
‘What now?’ He thought.
 
“Omo! Mianhe. I can’t. I’m out with Seunghyun today. Huh? Oh... Yeah, yeah. That Seunghyun. Yup. Maybe next time. Mian. Arasso. Gomawoyo, Woobin-ah. Bye~!”
 
“Hmm? ‘That Seunghyun’?” He asked still he was glad because Dara confidently answered that she was with him. Dara chuckled nervously.
 
“He thought you’re Seungri since that’s the lad’s real name, right?” She answered. Seunghyun nodded his head.
 
“Ah, I see. What does he want from you, anyway?”
 
“Hmm. He thought I was at home and asked if we could go have lunch together.” Seunghyun’s jaw tightened.
 
‘That ing bastard. He get to see Dara everyday and still wants more?! Argh.’
 
“He doesn’t usually ask me though. I think he was just concerned if I’ve eaten already because sometimes when I’m too lazy, I just eat instant noodles.”
 
“Hmm.” Dara looked at him and then turned her gaze on the road.
 
‘Is he mad?’
 
“Well then. If you’re hungry and feeling lazy, don’t hesitate and call me. I live near your apartment anyways. I can just buy food and bring some over.” He said, eyes never leaving the road. Dara felt her cheeks burn.
 
“Arasso. I’ll remember that. You too, Seunghyun-ah. Hmm. You know.. I may feel shy but if you ask me, I’ll surely go.” Dara replied. Seunghyun cleared his throat. “Omo! Do you want to go to the grocery first? Maybe we can prepare lunch with your mom.” She suggested, changing the topic.
 
“That’s not a bad idea.” They stopped at a grocery store and bought ingredients. After having their small shopping, they proceeded again on the road.
 
After a while, they finally arrived Seunghyun’s home.
 
“Omg. Your house is so big!! It’s not a house. It’s a palace!” Dara exclaimed while taking in the beautiful place. Seunghyun chuckled at her.
 
“You’re like a kid.” He laughed. Dara snapped her head at him and pouted.
 
“Your mom lives alone here?”
 
“On weekends. But on weekdays, her sister goes here and stays with her.” Dara nodded her head. A butler welcomed them upon arriving at the entrance of their house.
 
“Your mom’s in the green house, young master.” Dara turned to Seunghyun and obviously she was hiding her laughs. Seunghyun glared at her.
 
“Thanks. By the way, this is Sandara Park.”
 
“Welcome, Ms. Sandara.” He bowed and Dara bowed back. Then they went to the green house.
 
“Hahaha! Young master?”
 
“What?”
 
“Are you like batman or something?” She chuckled. Seunghyun just rolled his eyes at her.
 
“Omma. I’m home.” He said as he approached his mom. She stood up and walked to Seunghyun and enveloped him in an embrace. Dara just looked at them in awe.
 
“Welcome home, Tabi.” Seunghyun chuckled upon hearing his old nickname.
 
“Omma, I’ve brought my friend with me. It was her idea to pay you a visit.” He said as he motioned Dara to come near them. His mom looked confused at first, but then smiled warmly when she saw Dara. “Omma, I’d like you to meet Sandara Park.”
 
“Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Choi.” Dara bowed. Seunghyun’s mom chuckled and just brought her into an embrace. Dara hugged her back.
 
“Just call me, ommeoni. Arasso?”
 
“Ne, ommeoni.” Seunghyun smiled.
 
‘Wow.’
 
“Omma, we’ve brought some ingredients from the grocery earlier. Want to prepare lunch with us?”
 
“I’d love to. I’ll just clean myself and I’ll follow you to the kitchen.”
 
On their way to the kitchen, Dara can’t remove Seunghyun’s mom in her mind.
 
“Your mom is so gorgeous, Seunghyun-ah. I bet your genes is freakishly awesome!” Dara exclaimed. Seunghyun chuckled.
 
‘Does that mean that she really thinks I’m handsome too?’
 
“Ya! Don’t go lesbo on my mom!” He teasingly said.
 
“Aigoo! Ya! Choi Seunghyun! You think I’m a lesbian?! Tsk tsk. Nothing against them, but I’m not one. Tsk!” Seunghyun laughed.
 
“Aisht. I was just teasing, Dar.” He said as he shrugged his shoulders and Dara rolled her eyes.
 
**
 
“Hmm! Who would have thought my son can cook?” Seunghyun’s mom teased. The young man blushed. Dara chuckled.
 
“I agree with you, Ommeoni.”
 
“Ya!” He shouted at Dara which caused her to laugh more.
 
“Aigoo. Is that how you treat a lady, Tabi?” His mom said and Dara secretly stuck out her tongue at him. Seunghyun glared at her. “Dara-ah, may I know where’s your parents?”
 
“Hmm. My mom lives abroad, Ommeoni. She’s in the USA. I used to live with halmeoni in Busan before I moved in Seoul for college.” Seunghyun observed Dara while he was eating.
 
“I see.” Seunghyun’s mom noticed that there’s nothing after that so tried to change the topic. “So you live alone in Seoul? Do you still visit your halmeoni?” Dara smiled.
 
“Whenever I can, ommeoni. I visit her.”
 
“Hmm. When you feel so alone, you know you can run here, right?” Dara looked at her and smiled. Seunghyun smiled too.
 
“Ne, ommeoni. Kamsahamnida!” Dara said happily. Seunghyun’s mom chuckled.
 
**
 
“Thank you for today, Dara-ah. I really appreciate that you drag my son here.”
 
“Omma!” Seunghyun’s mom and Dara chuckled.
 
“Thank you too, ommeoni. Please keep safe here.”
 
“Ne~ call me if you have problems, arasso?”
 
“Yes, ommeoni. Thank you very much.” Dara said as she hugged her again.
 
“Bye, omma. See you again tomorrow.” Seunghyun chuckled and gave his mom a kiss on the cheek.
 
“Drive safely, Tabi. I don’t want Dara to be in an accident because of you. She’s a real gem.” His mom said as she winked. Seunghyun rolled his eyes.
 
“Aisht, omma. Stop it.” She chuckled softly and waved at them. Dara blushed. Then Seunghyun and Dara drove away.
 
“Your mom is so lovely. You’re lucky to have her, Seunghyun. Or should I say Tabi?” Dara teased and chuckled.
 
“You can use Tabi as much as you want, SSANTOKKI.” He retorted back, emphasizing her nickname. Dara laughed. “Thank you though. I can tell my mom likes you.”
 
“Chincha? You think so?”
 
“Ya. Don’t fish out praises, Tokki.” Dara laughed again. “By the way, may I have your number? I still don’t have it yet.”
 
“Oh! You’re right!” Seunghyun reached for his phone from his pockets and gave it to Dara.
 
“Can I call my phone using yours? So I could save your number too.” Seunghyun nodded. “Yay! Thank you!”
 
Dara dialed her number on Seunghyun’s phone and called her. She saved her contact as ‘Ssantokki’. After that, she snapped a selca on his phone and made it his wallpaper.
 
“Ya! What are you doing?”
 
“Nothing!” She replied and then handed his phone back and tried to sleep. She knows he won’t check his phone until later. So she giggled to herself.
 
**
 
Seunghyun arrived at his new apartment and dragged himself to his room and lied down his bed.
 
“Dara’s number!” He exclaimed and took out his phone. He was surprised that his wallpaper was a picture of Dara and he can’t help himself but smile.
 
“You look really pretty, Dara-ah.” He said as he held his phone tightly to his chest until he was off to dreamland.
 
 
**
 
Hi! Here’s another update. :) Do you guys know Yuto Nakajima? OMG he’s my crush too so I included him here. Heehee. To those who doesn’t know him, Yuto belongs to a boy group in Japan named Hey! Say! JUMP and he’s an actor too. ^^ Nanako is an actress also in Japan. :)
 
Hope you like this Tabisan chappie!! :"> Thank you very muuuuch!! Hearts to all of you! Mwaa <3