The Birthday

Finding Love

After 4 long years...

 
 
 
Seunghyun’s company has branched out to Tokyo and Shanghai and he was already thinking of reaching to the United States of America.
 
Dara’s now a more famous radio DJ and a voice actress. This may caused her a more hectic schedule but she still manages. Actually, time’s on her hands now.
 
**
 
The two were having a sweet lunch in a restaurant near Divine’s. They would always eat their meals together and would catch up what they had missed for the day even though it was only for a short while.
 
“Tokki baby?”
 
“Yes, Tabi?”
 
“Tomorrow night, Jiyong gave me tickets to the premiere showing of the movie ‘Made’. Since it’s your birthday too, so how about a movie date?”
 
“Oh! I would really love that, Tabi. Actually, I’m looking forward to watch that movie. Thank you, love!”
 
“Of course.” Seunghyun winked at the giggling Dara. Even after 4 years, they remained the same. Always sweetness overload.
 
“I’m so excited. My Seungri’s the main actor in the movie. Kyaaaa~!” Dara squealed and shut her eyes. Seungri had been very busy lately but they still go out whenever time permits. Seungri still lives in America but he was invited to be the major cast in the Korean movie and it was confirmed that he’d be returning in the K-Pop Idol scene. Seunghyun made a clicking sound with his tongue.
 
Your Seungri?” He said as he raised an eyebrow at her. Dara chuckled because of his action.
 
“Oh, Tabi. You get what I mean.” Dara continued eating her lunch while Seunghyun just observed her. She noticed he wasn’t eating and looked up to him. “Are you okay?” She said, face full with concern. Seunghyun smiled and nodded.
 
“Of course. Don’t mind me. I’m just so happy to be with you, that’s all.” Dara smiled sweetly and reached for his cheeks then she pinched it.
 
“You’re being such a silly boy right now, Tabi. Just eat, arasso?”
 
“Aigoo. I’m not a boy. I’m a ma-” Dara rolled her eyes and shoved him his food.
 
“There, there. Start eating. You wouldn’t want to be late for work.”
 
“You’ve got to be kidding me. I’m the CEO, ‘late’ is not in my vocabulary. A meeting won’t start without me. So, there’s no late late or whatever.” He smirked and scooped a spoonful of rice and ate it.
 
“Ah whatever, smart pants. But do consider your employees too who are always punctual. And no one likes late comers during meetings. You’ll fall behind schedule.” Dara said as she was pointing at him using her spoon. Seunghyun chuckled and nodded.
 
“Ne, omma.” He teased and stuck out a tongue at her. The girl scrunched her nose and pinched his arm.
 
“Aw! That hurts!” Dara laughed in triumph.
 
“Hoho! Serves you right, my love.” She playfully winked at him and continued eating.
 
**
 
Dara was done preparing for her movie date with Seunghyun. She wore a simple white elegant dress and paired it with black heels.
 
She just wore her hair down and blow dried it. Dara applied a little make-up and she was good to go already.
 
After a few minutes, Seunghyun arrived.
 
“Happy Bir- oh my... You look so darn pretty, Tokki.” He whispered to her ear as he kissed her cheek. Dara blushed and covered her face. Seunghyun chuckled. “Some things never change.”
 
“Aigoo. You make me feel this way, you know.” Seunghyun laughed in a low voice and hugged her.
 
“Happy Birthday, baby! I love you so much.”
 
“Thank you! You’ve greeted me again. Haha. I love you more.” Seunghyun then gave her a small box. “What’s this?”
 
“My birthday present for you.” Dara smiled lovingly and opened the box. Her eyes grew wide upon seeing the gift.
 
“Omo~ Thank you very much, Tabi! I love it!” She quickly hugged Seunghyun and the latter chuckled and embraced her back. Seunghyun’s gift was a simple silver bracelet with a rabbit charm at the center. He helped her wear the bracelet. “This is so pretty.”
 
“Like you. I’m so glad you like it.”
 
“Are you kidding me? I love it!”
 
Then they went to Seunghyun’s car and proceeded to the mall.
 
When they arrived, the movie room was already dark and Seunghyun guided Dara to an empty seat.
 
“As expected. It’s jam-packed! My baby Seungri is so awesome.” Seunghyun had his eye roll but Dara wasn’t able to catch that. Nevertheless, he chuckled.
 
“Of course it will be. Probably Seungri’s friends are here too.” Dara looked at him and nodded.
 
They sat at an empty row at the back and waited for the movie to start. Some teasers of other movies were played.
 
“I’ll just buy snacks. Wait for me here, arasso?” Dara nodded and smiled. Seunghyun pinched her cheek lightly and went out. She waited for him patiently and watched the trailers instead.
 
As she was watching, she got surprised when the other teaser played was Bom fixing the camera, face was so close to the lens.
 
“HUH?! BOMMIE?!” She startled and almost stood up. Dara had heard a giggle but ignored it.
 
‘Aigoo. They probably heard me squealed. Kyaa~! How embarrassing!’ Dara hid on her chair but her eyes never left the screen.
 
Omo! Is this ready already? Aigoo. Can I speak now? Kekeke. Annyeong, Darongie!
 
Dara’s eyes widen in shocked.
 
‘What the hell’s happening right now?’ Dara scanned the surroundings and back to the screen. ‘What is taking Tabi so long?! Aigoo.’
 
Happy Birthday, my lovely Darong! You know, I’m very thankful that you are my best friend. I’m so blessed to have you. I love you so much, Darong! Best friends and soul sisters for life! Pinky promise me that.
 
“Pinky promise, Bommie.” Dara whispered.
 
Bom smiled and started singing...
 
Oh my friend oh my friend; I will be your friend forever
Oh my friend oh my friend; only you can make me live
Oh my friend oh my friend; I will become a tree behind you silently
Oh my friend oh my friend; my friend I love you (dear) friend
 
Dara felt herself tearing up. ‘Aigoo. Chinguuu~’ She thought and wiped her tears. The screen went black and another video played. This time, it was Chaerin. ‘Seriously? What is happening?’ She scanned the surroundings again in search of Seunghyun. But still, he wasn’t back. She heaved a deep sighed and decided to watch instead. After all, it’s for her.
 
Hi unnie~! Happy happy Birthday to you! I love you so much! Thank you for always being there for me. I know we can’t always be together, but know that you’ll be in my heart forever. I’m so glad to have an unnie like you and Bom unnie. Enjoy your birthday!
 
Dara unnie~! Minzy in the house yo! Keke. First of all, Happy Birthday unnie! I love you so much. You don’t know how much I appreciate you. /tears up/ You and Bom unnie and Chaerin unnie had always made me feel that you’re my real sisters and for that I am truly grateful. I love you, Dara unnie!
 
‘Aigoo. These girls...’ Dara was tearing up already and wiped her tears.
 
Eh? Don’t I just look handsome on cameras and in person?
 
Dara chuckled. Her Seungri was on the video now.
 
WHAAAAT?! It’s recording already?! You should have said so. Aigoo. Hello, noona!! Happy happy birthday to you!! Chu! I love you so much and Seunghyun hyung should take care of you or else I’m going to steal you away. /someone slaps his head/ ouch! I’m kidding! I’m kidding! Love you Chae! /blushes/ Heehee. Love you, noona. You can always count on me, ne? We will still travel anywhere anytime you want. Just tell me, arasso? Happy Birthday again, noona!
 
“Aigoo that kid. I can’t stop crying.”
 
Hello, Dara! Happy Birthday! Don’t worry. I still have tix for Made premiere. You can still watch. /winks/ keke. I might die soon if I wink again. Enjoy your day, arasso? Call me if Seunghyun’s bullying you. Haha. Happy birthday, Dara!
 
Happy Birthday, Dara!! Too bad Dae and I were always busy we didn’t have the chance to bond more. Huhu. But still I’m glad that we became friends because of Seungrat and your ‘Tabi’. Haha. More blessings to come, Dara! We love you!
 
Annyeong, Dara-ah! Happy birthday!! It’s me Daesung! Kekeke. I know you know me. Haha. Have a great birthday celebration ne~! Don’t hesitate to talk to us as well, arasso? Happy Birthday!!
 
“These guys are so sweet.”
 
Hello, Dar! I miss you! Do you miss me too? Kekeke. Happy happy birthday to you! Hmm. I wish you well and always be happy. I’m always here for you, alright? If that Seunghyun hurts you, let me kill him arasso? Kekeke. I’m kidding. But anyway, I’m happy for you. Happy birthday! Bond soon!
 
Hello, my baby! How have you been? I miss you already! Happy birthday! You know, you’ll always be our princess right? You should visit us soon! Aigoo. I miss you and I love you! Enjoy! Mwah!
 
“Woobin-ah! Joongie! Aigoo. I miss you!”
 
Annyeong, Dara-ah! Noona? Hahaha! I miss you! Happy birthday! It’s sad we don’t get to see you much in our office anymore. But we all still love you. Happy happy birthday! More blessings!
 
“This Soohyun is so handsome as always!”
 
SANDARA!!!!! Happy birthday!! I miss you so much!! I’m so glad we became bffs. Thank you for always supporting me <3 chuuu~ Let’s bond again soon ne? With Donghae? Arasso? Love youuu!
 
Annyeong, Dara-ah! Happy birthday! How have you been? Hyesun and I misses you so much! We should all hang out again soon, arasso? Enjoy your birthday!
 
“Hyesun-ah! Donghae! I miss you both! Gomawo~!!!”
 
Happy birthday, Dara-ah! We love you so much! If Seunghyun hurts you, tell us okay? We’ll strangle him. We love you! Enjoy!
 
“Omo! Jiyeon unnie and Jungsuk oppa! Aigoo.”
 
Annyeong, Dara-ah. How are you? Happy birthday! I miss you so much. Thank you for visiting me even though you’re busy. I appreciate it. Tabi’s blessed to have you. I love you, my daughter. Happy birthday!
 
“Ommeoni! You’re so sweet.”
 
Sandara, my lovely granddaughter.
 
“Halmeoni!”
 
Happy birthday to you! Aigoo. I love you so much. Be a good girl always ne? Halmeoni’s always here for you. I’ll pray for more of blessings to arrive in your life. Take care of your health, arasso? Love you, Sandara!
 
“Ne, halmeoni. Gomawo! I miss you.” Dara wiped her tears and reached for her phone. She tried contacting Seunghyun but there was no answer. “Aigoo.”
 
My daughter.
 
Dara froze. She turned to look at the movie screen and saw her mother. Dara started crying again.
 
Happy birthday! I’m sorry omma can’t be there always. I miss you. You’re always in my mind and in my heart. I love you so much, Ssantokki. Take care of yourself there, arasso? Visit me in here too soon! I love you, baby.
 
“I love you, omma.” Then Seunghyun’s video was on. Dara chuckled because Seunghyun’s face was so close to the camera.
 
Should I speak? I’m still not used to this... Bwoh?! Aigoo!!! Annyeong, Tokki! Happy Birthday! I love you so much! Kekeke. I know I’ve told you this before, but Tokki... Because of you, my heart learned to love. And I am very thankful because of that. Thank you for coming into my life. I love you!
 
“Ya! Tabi! Tsk.” Dara stood up and was about to walk to the door when the screen went black again. She froze and fear washed over her.
 
‘Too dark. Too dark.’ Then the spotlight to the stage. She saw Seunghyun there standing.
 
“Tabi?”
 
“Don’t leave, Tokki.” He smiled. Dara didn’t move and just stood there. A music started playing and Seunghyun started singing. His baritone voice blended well with the music.
 
I can’t remember exactly when it was
That my mind began to fill up with thoughts of you.
It all began with just one or two thoughts,
But as each day went by, there were more, and I am confused.
I keep telling you that it’s nothing important
But even that feels awkward.
Is this love? Do you feel the same?
My heart keeps telling me that I’m in love with you.
My heart is shouting to the world that I’m in love with you.
Why have I only heard it now?
The voice keeps telling me that I have finally found love.
 
Seunghyun started walking towards the crying Dara. He smiled and reached for her hand.
 
“Aigoo.” Dara said and Seunghyun smiled. He wiped Dara’s tears.
 
I want to tell you how I feel,
But you can probably feel the way I feel.
I am already a part of you as you are a part of me.
We may have already become a part of each other.
Is this love? Do you feel the same?
My heart keeps telling me that I’m in love with you.
My heart is shouting to the world that I’m in love with you.
Why have I only heard it now?
The voice keeps telling me that I have finally found love.
 
When I think back,
There were so many moments
When I felt my heart was about to burst.
It’s a little late, but I’ll try my best.
I want to be with you. I only want us to share good memories.
Please don’t leave me.
I don’t want us to be apart, even for a moment.
I love you so much.
 
The music continued playing and the lights of the movie theatre , rose petals fell from the ceiling.
 
“Omo!” Dara gasped as she saw all her friends and loved ones were there and clapping their hands. “Oh myyy!” She spotted her mother and grandmother and was about to approach them when Seunghyun held her hand first and smiled.
 
“Tokki...” Then Seunghyun kneeled on one knee and looked up to her.
 
“Omo... Tabi?” Seunghyun reached for his pocket and showed her a red velvet box. Dara’s eyes widen. “Omo!”
 
“Tokki. My lovely, Sandara Park. I love you so much! I love you. Will you... Marry me?” Dara covered with her hands and tears were welling up in her eyes.
 
“Tabi~ Yes, I will marry you. I love you!” Seunghyun smiled widely and wore her the ring. “It’s so beautiful!”
 
“Like you, my love.” Seunghyun hugged her and twirled her.
 
“Kamsahabnida, Tabi!”
 
“Thank you very much, Tokki.” He hugged her tightly and planted a kiss on her shoulder. “You always make me happy and I yearn to be with you forever.” Dara tightened her hug to Seunghyun as well.
 
“My prayers are answered because of you, Tabi. Thank you.”
 
 
 
 
 
Annyeong! Sorry it took me so long to complete this ;A; I know it isn’t even sweet. Huhu but I hope you won’t get too much disappointed with this.
 
Thank you very much to yuukenbishi, chinitaako, dadedi, Mayra_205, celinelofamia013, sherryperry, isuperman, elisamy, and virgo0922 for subscribing! Thank you very much sherryperry for the upvote! Thank you everyone for leaving me comments! I love it ~ <3 Thank you guys!
 
One chapter to go! I love you all! <3 ^^