The Party

Finding Love

Dara arrived the club earlier than everyone else. Seungri was there already sitting by the bar having a drink.

 
“My little panda.” Dara greeted him and sat beside Seungri.
 
“Tokki noona! You’re so early.” He said as he offered his drink to Dara. She shook her head and smiled.
 
“Ne~ I think I want to spend some more time with the panda before he goes away.” Dara replied sadly.
 
“Aigooo. Noona. Don’t be like this. I’ll be back even before you notice I’m gone.” Dara chuckled.
 
“I’m kidding. Don’t forget to bring something for me, arasso? And call me the moment you step foot America.”
 
“Arasso, omma.” Dara playfully slapped his shoulder. Seungri just grinned at her. “Is everyone attending tonight’s event?”
 
“Hmm. Hyesun can’t make it today because she has a gig while Donghae has an evening class.”
 
“That’s too bad.”
 
“Ne. But Chaerin will come.” Dara teased wiggling her eyebrows at him.
 
“Noona!!” Dara chuckled.
 
**
 
“Woohoo! Fun party, Seungrat!” Jiyong said to Seungri as he approached him and patted his back. Seungri chuckled at his hyung. A lot of people attended his party. From his best friends behind the scene to his close friends in the industry.
 
“Glad you’re having fun. Where’s Seunghyun hyung?”
 
“Ah, he’s just doing last minute errands at the office. But he’ll be here.”
 
“Is hyung in a bad mood?” Jiyong laughed a bit.
 
“No. He’s been quite fine actually ever since you’ve introduced Dara to his life.” Seungri chuckled and gave him a two thumbs up.
 
“I did a great job!”
 
“Oh yes, you did.”
 
“Seungri!” Youngbae and Daesung called out to him.
 
“Hyungs!”
 
“Why are you having this party anyway?” Youngbae asked.
 
“Yeah. I was pondering on that too.” Jiyong eyed Seungri. The boy grinned at them.
 
“You had some girl pregnant, don’t you?!” Daesung exclaimed. Seungri slapped his arm.
 
“Ya! Do you guys really think I’m that kind of guy? Tsk tsk. First, Dara noona thought I was getting married. Then now, you thought... Argh. Hyung.”
 
“Just kidding, bro.” Daesung said as he placed an arm on Seungri shoulders. Youngbae and Jiyong chuckled.
 
“I’ll tell later.” Seungri said as he winked at them. “For now, enjoy the party.” Then he went somewhere else. The guys were left dumbfounded and exchanged glances.
 
**
 
“Yoboseyo? Oh! Tabi~ what number are you using? Ahhh, arasso. Ne. We’re here already. Everyone’s here actually. Whaaaat? Noooo. Why would Woobin be here? He’s not close with Seungri. Aigoo. Just get your here. Tsk. Yeah, I got my shift covered. Hehe. Ne~ see you!” As soon as Dara hung up, Bom turned to her.
 
“Tabi?! Do you have a boyfriend, Darong?!” Bom exclaimed directly at her ear.
 
“Ya! Are you trying to make me deaf?! Aniyo. That was Seunghyun.”
 
“Seunghyun?” Chaerin asked as she and Minzy approached them with new sets of drinks.
 
“Ne~ Seungri’s friend.” Dara replied nonchalantly, trying to cover the excitement in her voice.
 
“I sense something different.” Bom said.
 
“Unnie, is that Seunghyun courting you?” Minzy asked. Dara blushed.
 
“Aigooo! Nooo. He’s just a good friend, promise.”
 
“When did you became friends with that Seunghyun, anyway?” Chaerin asked.
 
“Hmm. When I went to Divine’s, I guess. He’s the owner and CEO.”
 
“Bwoh? Chincha? Wow. That Seunghyun must be big time.” Bom said with wide eyes.
 
“I agree. You should go for this guy, unnie. Well, it he makes you happy.” Chaerin added as she winked at Dara.
 
“Haish. The guy doesn’t believe in love.”
 
“WHAT?!” The three said in unison.
 
“Let’s just go and enjoy the party.” Dara then stood up and went to the dance floor. They shrugged their shoulders and joined her.
 
**
 
“Hyung!”
 
“Aisht. Why are you shouting at me?” Seunghyun asked Seungri who was so ecstatic upon seeing him.
 
“Not shouting. Just happy you made it.”
 
“Aigoo.” Seunghyun smiled and ruffled Seungri’s hair. “What are we celebrating? Where’s Dara?”
 
“Hyung... Do you like Dara noona?” Seunghyun was taken aback by his question.
 
‘I didn’t see that coming.’
 
“Why?” He asked instead.
 
“I was just wondering since you two had been spending a lot of time together. Hmm. You do know that Dara noona is so special to me, right?” Seunghyun slowly nodded his head.
 
“By any chance, do you like Dara?” Seungri chuckled.
 
“Oh dear god, no. That would be . Dara noona’s like my girl best friend, mother, and sister all wrapped in one person. I just want the best for her and I don’t want to see her hurting again. Hyung, I know you’d be great for her.” Seunghyun cleared his throat.
 
“You do know I don’t believe in love, right?”
 
“Yes. But that was before, hyung. I hope you can be honest with yourself too.”
 
“Ah, our Seungri’s a man now!”
 
“Ya! Hyung, I’m serious here.” Seunghyun let out a soft chuckle.
 
“Ne~ Can I tell you a secret then? Just between the two of us?”
 
“Of course! You can always count on me.”
 
Seunghyun leaned closer and whispered at Seungri’s ear. The latter’s eyes widen and a really genuine smile was plastered on his face.
 
**
 
Dara was having the time of her life on the dance floor when someone grabbed her wrist and dragged her by the bar.
 
“Ya!” She called out in surprise. When she looked who it was, her surprise was changed to happiness. “Tabi! You’re here already!” Dara said as she gave him a hug. Seunghyun was shocked. It was the first time they’ve hugged. He hugged her back.
 
‘. Oh good lord.’ He was getting nervous by their closeness. Dara pushed him away gently and smiled at him.
 
“What took you so damn long?”
 
“Are you drunk, Tokki? Let me take you home.”
 
“Aigoo. I’m not. I just drank a bit. Anyway, what happened? You’re so late!”
 
“Haisht. Why were you dancing like that earlier?”
 
“Dancing like what? Do I look stupid?”
 
“No! You were great on the dance floor. But it was a bit y. There are a lot of people here!”
 
“That’s the reason this is called a ‘party’, right?” Dara said as she rolled her eyes. “What’s with you anyway? I was just having fun with my girls there.” Seunghyun sighed loudly.
 
“Some guys might take advantage of you there.” Dara blinked her eyes.
 
“Ani. They won’t. I know almost all of the people here. They will not do that to me. You’re just being paranoid. And Tabi~ what took you so long?”
 
“I just finished my work so tomorrow I can have time to relax. I was wondering if you’re free tomorrow and we could go somewhere.”
 
“Oh. Mianhe, Tabi. Hmm. I guess I’m free. But I still have my shift tomorrow evening. Where are we going anyway?”
 
“I actually don’t know. I just wanted to take some time off.”
 
“Hmm. We’ll think about that tomorrow. Tabi, do you want to go with me at work tomorrow night? It will be until 12mn and I don’t know if you’ll feel sleepy and-”
 
“Haha. Stop talking. Okay, I would love to see you work.” Dara clapped her hands in excitement.
 
“Hoorah!”
 
“Annyeong, chingus!” Seungri said on the stage. Everyone’s attention diverted to him. “I know most of you are wondering why I’m having a party tonight. I’d just like to say that I wanted all of you to be part of my success. If it wasn’t for everyone cheering on, I wouldn’t be here.” Seungri bit his lip before continuing. He was getting nervous. “Chingus... I’d be trying my luck in the United States of America and will be staying there for a few months or years. This is a big leap in my career so I grabbed the chance. I hope you will still be by my side til then. I just want to thank everyone.” Dara searched for her friends while Seunghyun tagged along.
 
“Seungri’s gonna leave?” Chaerin muttered. Bom and Minzy looked at her. Dara patted her shoulder. “Unnie~” Dara smiled sadly at her.
 
“You know this?” Seunghyun whispered to Dara. She just nodded her head, tears welling up. Seunghyun saw this and wrapped an arm on her shoulder. Dara leaned her head onto him.
 
“Oh, please. I know you guys are happy that I’m going.” Seungri teased when he noticed that everyone was totally silent. “Aisht. Chinguya, I’m expecting you to be supportive and happy for me. No one needs to be sad. I’d be back, I promise. It’s not like I’d be staying there for good. I’ll just try my luck there.”
 
“Congratulations, Seungri!” Youngbae, Jiyong, and Daesung shouted. Seungri smiled and his tears were already falling.
 
“Tabi, go and join them.”
 
“But...”
 
“No buts. We’ll see each other again later.” Dara smiled. Seunghyun nodded and went to his friends.
 
“Kamsahamnida, hyungs!” Seungri shouted back at them. Then randomly, people started shouting at him their congrats which only made Seungri to cry more. “Aigoo. All of you are the best! Kamsahamnida! Let’s continue the parteyyyy!” Then the music blasted again.
 
Seungri saw Dara and approached them.
 
“Hi!” He greeted.
 
“Congrats, Seungri!” Bom and Minzy said and hugged him. He chuckled and muttered his thanks then he turned to the other girl who was sulking.
 
“Ya Lee Chaerin. Why do you look so sad?”
 
“Hmpf. I’ll have no competition anymore.” Chaerin answered him while crying. Seungri was surprised, he didn’t notice Chaerin crying. Dara signaled Bom and Minzy that they should leave. The two complied. Seungri chuckled at Chaerin.
 
“You don’t need to be sad. I’d still be your number one nemesis.” He said as he pulled her into a hug. Chaerin cried more and hugged him back. This made Seungri chuckle even more. He brushed her hair with his fingers. “I’ll be back, Chae. Until then, are you gonna wait for me?” She harshly nodded her head.
 
**
 
Youngbae saw Dara and her friends so he called them to join their table. Dara introduced her besties to the guys.
 
“Bom!” Jiyong greeted happily. Seunghyun eyed the guy.
 
‘Why does he know one of Dara’s best friends?’ He thought.
 
“Hi, Jiyong! What’s up?”
 
“Nothing, really. How are you? It’s nice to see you again.”
 
“I’m great. Thank you! How about you? And yes, it’s nice to see you again.” Bom smiled.
 
“You guys know each other already?” Youngbae asked. Jiyong and Bom nodded. Dara just chuckled at them remembering the Kwon’s family reunion.
 
“Why are you giggling?” Seunghyun whispered. Dara just glared at him.
 
“Why? Is giggling bad?” She whispered back.
 
“I’ve met Bom when I picked Dara up. I brought her with me to our family reunion.” Jiyong explained.
 
Seunghyun’s hands curled into fists upon remembering that. It was real torture for him and here he found Dara giggling.
 
‘Not helping at all. Did she really have fun that night that she’s still giddy over that until now?’ Seunghyun thought as he observed Dara.
 
“Whoa. Really? That’s the first time you’ve brought a girl with you!” Daesung said. Jiyong chuckled at him.
 
“Oh, stop. You’re making Dara embarrassed.” Jiyong commented. And in an instant, Dara felt hot in her cheeks.
 
“Omo! You’re red as a tomato, unnie!” Minzy exclaimed. The others laughed except for Seunghyun who was staring at Dara sternly.
 
“I’m not embarrassed, Jiyong-ah. It was my privilege that you asked me then.” Dara replied confidently. Youngbae and Daesung whistled. Seunghyun stood up abruptly and they all turned to look at him.
 
“Where are you going?” Jiyong asked.
 
“I’ll just have a drink.” He said and proceeded to the bar. Bom turned to Dara and smiled mischievously. Dara just stared at Seunghyun’s back.
 
Jiyong looked at Dara and turned to look at the walking Seunghyun.
 
‘Hmm. He was that affected that I invited Dara that time?’
 
“What’s with him?” Daesung blurted. Dara snapped her head at him.
 
“He’s just tired, probably.” Dara said in rescue of her Tabi. Daesung nodded his head. “Excuse me for a minute.” She said. Bom and Minzy grinned at her. Dara rolled her eyes and went to find Seunghyun.
 
“Are they together?” Youngbae asked.
 
“No. Hopefully in the future though.” Bom replied. Minzy was giggling beside Bom. “I hope you don’t mind that I’m also cheering Seunghyun.” Bom teased Jiyong. The guy just snorted and smirked.
 
“Please. I don’t mind. This is the first time Seunghyun actually noticed a lady. I won’t do anything. I’m his friend, I’ll support him.”
 
“I thought you like her too?” Bom asked. Jiyong didn’t respond at once. He was forming the right words in his mind.
 
“I do like her. But not to the extend that I like her romantically.” Jiyong explained. Bom raised a brow at him.
 
‘Ahaha. Trying to cover your feelings, are we? Interesting. I distinctly remembered the sparkling of your eyes when you saw Dara that night. Hmm. Nice friend, indeed.’
 
“What are you thinking of, Bom?” Youngbae asked as he smiled sweetly at the girl. Bom blushed.
 
“Just some things.” She replied and winked at him.
 
**
 
Dara didn’t see Seunghyun by the bar so she just walked and walked inside the club. Almost giving up, she thought she needed some air. The moment she stepped outside, she saw the person she was looking for.
 
“Tabi?” Dara found Seunghyun outside the club resting his back on the wall with eyes closed. Seunghyun didn’t stir and just remained silent. Dara approached him and stood beside him. She also leaned on the wall with her hands at her back. “Are you somehow, angry?”
 
“Why would I be angry?” He replied. Dara pouted. She thought she heard something in his voice.
 
‘Pain, perhaps? But that’s impossible!’
 
“I’m not sure... I’m sorry, Seunghyun.” He opened his eyes and looked at Dara.
 
‘You’re so beautiful, Sandara Park.’
 
“Don’t be. You didn’t do anything wrong.”
 
“But you seemed angry, Seunghyun-ah.”
 
“Why are you not calling me ‘Tabi’?”
 
“Nothing... I’m just... Sorry...” She said as she covered her face.
 
‘What is he thinking? Whaaat? I’m confused.’
 
Seunghyun reached for her hands and pulled it down. They stared at each other for a while. Then he smiled.
 
“Tokki. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to bother you. Don’t worry about me. Go back in and have fun.”
 
“No.” She replied firmly.
 
“No?”
 
“No. Not until you go back in with me.” Dara replied as she crossed her arms at the front of her chest. Seunghyun chuckled.
 
“Wow. You’re fierce. I like that.” Dara flustered again. She covered her face with her hands again and Seunghyun laughed. “No need to be shy with me.” He said soothingly. “Arasso. Let’s go in.” Seunghyun held her hand and entwined his fingers in hers as they made their way back inside. Dara felt her weakened on the knees. She knows that she’s redder than a tomato right now.
 
‘Kyaaaaaa!!!!! Don’t forget to breathe, Park Sandara!!’
 
Little did she know, the guy was as breathless as her.
 
 
**
 
 
Here’s another update ^^ kekeke!!
 
Thank you to my new subscriber yerin4eva!! :D me iz happy!
 
Just talk to me, chingus!! ^^