The Start

Finding Love

Choi Seunghyun was a newly elected CEO of Divine’s, a mall his father used to own and his grandfather started it. Seunghyun was the 2nd generation chaebol and he inherited this mall. He finished his studies in the U.S. having business as his major and later on took up his grad. studies in business as well. He loved it. He knew it was for him. His father had decided his future the day he was born. To his father, Seunghyun would be the best son. A true role model, he would say to his colleagues. Seunghyun’s mother, on the other hand, was an English Professor in one of the top universities in Seoul.

 
2 months ago, Seunghyun’s father died of lung cancer. Unexpected as it was, he soon took over the family business. It was a heartbreaking sight for him as every night, his mom would mourn over her husband. He clearly knew how his mother loved his father dearly and it causes him pain in the chest that he cannot fathom.
 
‘Love hurts. The mere idea of it can hurt someone.’ He mumbled to himself. He’s skeptical with love since he hadn’t loved before. It was always studies, family, and friends. He hadn’t time for love. Seeing people around him aching because of it, didn’t encourage him either.
 
Seunghyun was in his car waiting for his best friend, Kwon Jiyong. They decided to go have drinks when the latter remembered that he left his phone in the office. They went back to the main office for Jiyong.
 
‘Aish. What’s taking him so long?’ Seunghyun asked to himself. He’s getting impatient and bored so he decided to turn on the radio.
 
“Remember what others would say? Love can move mountains. That’s why never give up, my dear listeners. There’s always a reason why love hasn’t shown at your door step yet. We should patiently wait because it will come at the right time, at the right place, with the right person.” An angelic voice enveloped the air and he still got distracted by what the person said over the radio.
 
“Tch. Complete and utter bull. Who believes in those things?” Seunghyun spat at the radio. It was pissing him off. For some unknown reason, he feels disgusted with just the thought of loving. For him, it’s becoming redundant.
 
“Next song is The World As I See It by Jason Mraz. Again, this is DJ Dara and tune in to the only radio station where you hear the best music of all time. Music of Seoul, 94.7.” Gradually, the song became louder and Seunghyun involuntarily listened to it. He actually liked the song.
 
**
 
Park Sandara known popularly as Dara took off her headphones and went out of the booth to grab some water.
 
“Tired?” The sound engineer asked her. Dara smiled at him and shook her head.
 
“I’m actually feeling good today. How about you, Woobin-ah?” She asked. Woobin smiled at her and gave her a two-thumbs up. She chuckled. She then proceeded to the pantry and grabbed something to drink. Her schedule for work was 9pm-12mn.
 
Being a radio DJ was one of the biggest dreams Dara has. She finished Mass Communication in Dongguk University with flying colors. She’s currently taking up her master’s degree while DJing in the evening. She’s living the life, she would say.
 
Her mother was a single mom, conceived Dara when she was only 26 years old. Dara never knew her father. As her mother told her, he eloped with the love of his life and ran to Japan. Dara would just shrugged her shoulders when her omma tells her fail love life and soon enough, Dara feared she might inherit the bad luck of love from her mother. It was silly, of course. But still, she was scared.
 
Over the past years, she learned to love people. May it be romantically or just pure friendship. Because of this trait, people around her fell into her charms easily. She never had a boyfriend because she just can’t find the right person. Still, she always search for it, yearns for it, and waits for it. She never gave up on love. It is what keeps her going.
 
“30 seconds, Dara.” Woobin called out to her. The advertisement was almost done and so he played another stinger.
 
“Ne~ gomawoyo.” She answered and carefully ran back to her booth. She put back her headphones on just in time as the music on the background leveled down.
 
“Annyeong! You’re back with me, DJ Dara and you’re listening to...”
 
 
**
 
 
First chapter is up! :)