The Comfort

Finding Love

Hi! This might be my last update. We’d be going to Thailand earlier than expected. I’ll try to update from there, ne~? Thank you again to all of you who continues to support me and the story ^^ I’m so happy. :) thank you to topren_31 for upvoting the story! I iz zo grateful! ☺️

 
 
**
 
 
Dara heaved a deep sigh. Bom noticed this and asked what’s wrong. The four of them were having their Girls’ Night Out at Dara’s place, watching chick flicks, eating chips and sweets, and there was drinking too.
 
“Hmm? Oh. Nothing. I love sighing like that.” Dara chuckled. Bom rolled her eyes at her.
 
“You do know that you can’t fool me, right?” Dara sighed again.
 
“Unnie, just tell us what happened. We’ll be here for you and try to help.” Minzy said.
 
“And unnie, if you say what’s bugging you, a weight for sure will be lifted. Probably not all but, you know?” Chaerin added. Dara nodded her head slowly, battling with herself if she should just tell what she’s feeling right now. Then she sighed again.
 
“Aigoo! Just freaking spill it out.” Bom hissed at her.
 
“Fine.” Dara raised her hands in defeat. “Seunghyun and I had an argument. It was a stupid one. A really, really stupid one.”
 
**
 
“But no one would back down. You know how I can feel so prideful at times, right?” Jiyong and the others nodded their heads. Seunghyun called them if they could just have a couple of drinks.
 
“What was your argument about anyway? This is like the first time in months that you’ve fought and not talking with each other totally. For how long already?” Youngbae asked.
 
“For 7 ing days already. NE~ 1 week. 1 ING WEEK. I don’t know what to do.”
 
“What did you two fight about? It seems to be real serious.” Jiyong said. Seunghyun sighed.
 
“About this ing thing called ‘love’.” Seunghyun said as he gestured his hands to emphasize it. The guys exchanged glances.
 
**
 
“We were just talking about work, life, and anything under the sun. Then he just said...” Dara tries to imitate Seunghyun’s deep voice. “‘I ing don’t believe in love. It’s hurtful and could cause people sadness.’ He just kept on rambling and rambling about that! And of course me, I told him he was just focusing on the bad side of love. I told him that okay it’s good to be aware that love is not always smiles and hearts. But we don’t have to focus on the negative side always... ‘Cause love brings happiness too!” Dara was feeling frustrated again and covered her face with her hands.
 
“Oh my.” Chaerin muttered and approached her unnie and patted her back.
 
“I don’t know anymore...”
 
“Why is it so important that Seunghyun should believe in love?” Bom asked. Dara brought her hands down and faced Bom with eyebrows furrowed. Minzy made a face at her Bom unnie.
 
“Unnie...”
 
“No, Min. /Turns to Dara/ Really, why is it so important?” Dara sighed deeply.
 
“I don’t know.”
 
“No! You know. You just have to admit it.” Bom exclaimed and the others were a bit surprised. Dara felt her tears forming in her eyes. Bom saw this and hugged Dara. “Please, Dara. You’re also tormenting yourself...”
 
“It’s important to me for Seunghyun to believe because... Because... Because... I’m falling in love with him. It hurts.” Dara whispered and cried. “He’s so confusing!”
 
**
 
“What do you mean I’m confusing her?” Seunghyun asked. Jiyong shook his head in disbelief and looked at Youngbae and Daesung to ask for help. The two nodded.
 
“By being sweet to her? You know? Holding her hand during Seungri’s party?”
 
“Taking your time off to spend time with her?”
 
“Going on adventure with her!”
 
“Fetching her from work.”
 
“Driving her to work.”
 
“Breakfast dates!”
 
“Uhh.. Lunch dates?”
 
“Dinner dates.”
 
“Getting jealous with her guy friends.”
 
“Going out together!” The three guys simultaneously said and Seunghyun sighed.
 
“You think I’m confusing her?”
 
“Seunghyun, bro, you do know that friends don’t usually do these things, right?”
 
“And you actually know that you’re taking care of her so much, right?”
 
“You’re being possessive with her too. Haven’t you noticed that?”
 
“Mates... What are you trying to say?”
 
“Hyuuuung. Please? It’s okay that you don’t believe in love. But that’s not the case anymore.” Daesung said shaking his head. Seunghyun sighed.
 
“You’re being unfair to her, Seunghyun. Dara believes in love so much. Don’t you know that she treats you differently from everyone else? Have you seen her Youngbae taking her hand? Or have you seen us going out?” Seunghyun got pissed with the idea that Youngbae was holding her hand or Jiyong and her going out for dates.
 
“But you’ve asked her to your family reunion... As your DATE.”
 
“That was ing different, Seunghyun!! It wasn’t a date at all and I did that so it will help you to know how you really feel for her.”
 
“Wha-what? I just met her then!”
 
“But you laid your eyes on her the moment Seungri introduced us and that didn’t change. Up to now, Seunghyun.” Seunghyun fell silent. He knew, he knew. He even told Seungri about it during his party.
 
**
 
“Do you feel caught up now, Dara?” Bom asked. Dara nodded while sobbing.
 
“Should I just say sorry? It was my fault anyway that I’ve had the argument. If I just agreed with-”
 
Suddenly Dara’s apartment door opened and Seunghyun barged in. Everyone jumped in surprise.
 
“No, don’t agree with me.” He said.
 
“S-Seunghyun?”
 
“Sorry, Dara.” Jiyong said standing behind Seunghyun. Youngbae and Daesung were there too. Seunghyun was just staring at her.
 
“Are you drunk?” Seunghyun groaned.
 
“All right. This is our cue to leave now. We’ll continue our Girls’ Night Out, next time Darong~” Bom stood up and gave a kiss on Dara’s cheek. Chaerin and Minzy did the same and head out to the door. Dara whispered a sorry and Bom smiled and winked at her. “Let’s go.” Bom also said to the guys. Jiyong closed the door leaving the two.
 
“Do you think they will be alright?” Youngbae asked.
 
“Of course!” Bom exclaimed.
 
“What happened with Seunghyun-ssi?” Minzy asked Daesung. The latter shrugged his shoulders.
 
“He got a little too emotional and a bit drunk, I guess. But he’s still fine. He’ll not do anything bad to her.”
 
“Hah! Knowing Seunghyun? He’s not a man!” Jiyong laughed and the others laughed with him.
 
“They’re so adorable having a fight over love. They should just confess their love to each other.” Chaerin added. Bom nodded her head.
 
“Seunghyun took his time, maybe it is the right moment now. Or maybe not. Tonight won’t be a sweet one. He didn’t even prepare anything!” Jiyong and the others laughed again.
 
“I hope they would just patch things up.” Bom muttered. Youngbae held her hand and nodded. Bom smiled faintly at him, worried with her best friend.
 
“But how did you guys enter Dara unnie’s apartment?” Chaerin asked and eyed them.
 
“Seunghyun knows her code. And he also has an extra key just in case.” Daesung answered and shrugged.
 
“Wow. Their relationship is in a different level and they still don’t know it.” Chaerin said amazed that Dara and Seunghyun were old already but still childish.
 
**
 
“Tabi?” Dara approached the frozen Seunghyun slowly and cupped his face with her hand. “Are you okay? Do you want water?” Seunghyun shook his head and held her hand.
 
“I’m really sorry, Tokki. I let you down.”
 
“No! You didn’t. Silly. I’m sorry that I kept on debating with your ideals. It was so wrong of me. I’m sorry, Tabi.” Dara lowered her head.
 
“No, you were right. And I was a coward for never backing down. I’m sorry. I’m glad you tried to argue with me because of love. I’m so stupid.” Seunghyun said as he cupped her face as well. They stared into each other’s eyes, for how long, they don’t know.
 
“I’m sorry.” They said in chorus and Dara hugged him. Seunghyun was surprised at first. He smiled and then hugged her back.
 
“I’m really sorry. It was a silly thing to fight over. We should not do that again. That seven days we were not speaking with each other was hell to me, Ssantokki. I was scared I’d lose you. But I didn’t even make an effort to say sorry. I was so stupid. Omma even told me how stupid I was. She misses you too.” He said whispering through her hair. He kissed her forehead and enveloped her again in a tight hug.
 
“Yes, please? Let’s not fight again. It scared me. I’m so sorry. Let’s visit ommeoni together soon.” Dara said in between sobs. Seunghyun rubbed her back.
 
“Shhh. Don’t cry. At least we’re talking with each other again. And I love that idea.” He said and Dara chuckled still burying her face even more to his chest. “Can I spend the night?” Dara looked at him. Seunghyun cleared his throat. “Uhhh... Don’t worry, I’ll just sleep in the couch.”
 
“It’s okay. You can stay here. Do you want coffee?”
 
“I’m not drunk, Tokki.” Dara chuckled and walked to the couch and fixed the mess they’ve made. Pillows scattered everywhere and the chips too.
 
“You guys had a drink?” Seunghyun said helping Dara picking up the things.
 
“Yeah. But a few only.”
 
“Okay. You can drink when you’re with them and with me only. Arasso?” Dara arched an eyebrow at him.
 
“Arasso.” She said and sighed.
 
“I’m being weird again, aren’t I?”
 
“It’s okay. I like weird.” Dara smiled at him. “Let’s watch a movie first!” Seunghyun chuckled. The two of them sat on the floor hugging pillows and watched a chick flick. Seunghyun didn’t argue with what she wants to watch to make it up to her.
 
And they realized how important each other was.
 
 
**
 
 
^^ I might be ending this simple story soon. :) Hope you still like the story even if it wasn’t that deep. HAHAHA
 
And sorry for the argument part. Can’t think of anything that they would fought about. HAHAHAHAHA! =)))