The Meeting

Finding Love

Annyeong, my dear chingus!! :) Thank you very much for subscribing to my story tabitabi, ryouken, gandako, and darabbit24! I’m so happy you guys did. :) Also, thank you very much darabbit24 for upvoting! I’m so ecstatic! :D Here’s another chapter for you guys. Hope you’ll like it! ^^ Gomawo! Arigato! :))

 
 
**
 
 
“Dude, wind up. You’re too focused on work.” Dong Youngbae, another mate of Seunghyun, said to him while they were having drinks at a very expensive club. Jiyong and Seunghyun invited their other close friends so they can catch up. Youngbae was working as an engineer in one of the top corporations of South Korea.
 
Seunghyun managed to nod at the retort of his friend. “He’s right, hyung. You might get older when you’re too serious!” Lee Seungri, the youngest of the group, said. He’s now a very famous actor and singer in South Korea. He’s also known as an international model.
 
“Ne ne. Stop nagging me you, guys. I’m just new with this so please.” Seunghyun pinched the bridge of his nose, getting tired of his friends telling him what to do. He felt a lot of pressure because it really was unexpected that he’d take over their family business at an early stage of his life. He thought he’d take over when he’s like 29 years old or so. Jiyong patted his back in comfort. He looked at him and smiled faintly. Thank god for Kwon Jiyong who works for him as the Vice President of the company. They didn’t change the management at all. Seunghyun’s dad was best friends with Jiyong’s. And the latter decided to retire from work as well. So they just promoted Jiyong to the new position.
 
“Hyung, how’s the business doing anyway? I think you’re doing a great job.” Kang Daesung said, trying to ease the heavy aura being released by Seunghyun. Daesung was a very well-known architect, working closely related to Youngbae.
 
“Thanks, Daesung-ah.” He smiled to the chinky-eyed guy. “I just didn’t foresee a lot of things. But I’m adjusting.” Daesung nodded his head.
 
“Hyung, if you need help with promotions and all. I can do it for you, you know.” Seungri claimed as he winked at his hyung. Seunghyun playfully acted like he was about to puke. Seungri pouted at him.
 
“Just kidding. Thank you, Seungrat. Who would have thought that you can be smart if you want to.” Seunghyun and laughed. The others joined him in laughter. Seungri just glared at all of them.
 
“Ya. You know your hyung is just playing with you.” Jiyong said to him as he patted his head. The youngest just stuck out his tongue at them while the others continued laughing.
 
They have been solid friends ever since their high school years. They still managed to talk with each other even when they all got separated because of college. Especially, Seunghyun because he studied abroad. Whenever they can, they would meet up and catch up with everyone’s lives. And up to now, they’re like that. Best mates always.
 
“Oh. Look at that pretty girl!” Jiyong said as he pointed, using his lips, to a girl who just entered the club. The guys turned to the direction he was looking at.
 
“Ah, that’s Dara noona. She’s a very popular radio DJ.” Seungri said, still their eyes on the girl. She was scanning the place when she spotted Seungri and the guy waved at him. She waved back and walked towards them. “Guys, be cool.” He warned them.
 
“What? We’re not like going to flock over her.” Youngbae retorted. “Even though she’s a real beaut!” He added. Seungri glared at him while the others laughed.
 
‘Dara, huh? The believer of love.’ Seunghyun thought to himself.
 
“Annyeong, Seungri! Annyeong, everyone!” Dara greeted them as she bowed. They all greeted her warmly as well.
 
“Noona! What are you doing here?” Seungri said as he stood up and hugged tightly his noona. The girl giggled. Then he motioned her to sit. She nodded and smiled at him. So she sat beside Seungri.
 
‘Nice move, Seungrat. Be cool but you’re the one who’s actually drooling. Psh.’ Seunghyun thought once again. He just felt extra grumpy tonight upon seeing the girl. It was weird. She didn’t do anything wrong to him at all.
 
“I’m just looking for my girls. They told me that they’ll be here waiting for me after my shift.” Dara answered as she continued to scan the place. But to her dismay, she can’t seem to find her friends.
 
“Have you called them?” Youngbae asked.
 
“Oh! I haven’t. Silly me. Thank you for reminding.” Dara said and smiled to him sweetly. Everyone was starstruck because of that angelic smile. Including the grumpy guy at the corner.
 
“Hey, Seungrat. Aren’t you gonna introduce us?” Jiyong suddenly butted in. He thought the girl was really beautiful.
 
“Aish. My bad. Mianhe.” Dara smiled at him. “Dara noona, these bachelors are my best friends.” The older guys just raised an eyebrow at him. He cleared his throat upon seeing his hyungs were not pleased. “Uhh. This guy right here is Kang Daesung. Then Dong Youngbae. Kwon Jiyong. And Choi Seunghyun. Everyone this is Park Sandara. But she’s popularly known as Dara. And she’s MY noona!” He exclaimed. The others rolled their eyes but Dara chuckled.
 
“It’s very nice to finally meet the guys who inspire my little panda here.” She said as she lovingly smiled at Seungri and patted his head. The latter just giggled. “I hope we can be friends too.” She smiled at them.
 
“Oh. Of course, yes.”
 
“Definitely!”
 
“We’re glad about that.”
 
The guys simultaneously talked and Dara chuckled at them. But she also noticed the quiet guy who was just looking at her with no visible expression. Dara felt conscious but decided not to mind it and just smiled at him. Seunghyun raised both his eyebrows and nervously darted his gaze to the guys. He suddenly felt that his heart was beating fast and he even forgot to breathe.
 
‘What the hell just happened?’ He thought.
 
“Excuse me, everyone. As much as I would want to spend some time with you all, I’m afraid I have to go and call my friends. They’re probably worried about me.” She said to them as she bowed once again.
 
“I hope we can see each other again soon.” Jiyong suddenly blurted out. The guys glared at him. Dara chuckled to this.
 
“Of course we will. Thank you very much again.” Seungri closed her in yet another embrace. “It was nice to see you again, Seungri-ah. Let’s bond again soon, arasso? Everyone should come.” Dara said to them. They all, sheepishly, nodded their heads. Seunghyun cleared his throat because Seungri was still hugging Dara. And the kid freed Dara before giving his hyung a death glare. This didn’t escape Dara’s eyes and chuckled. She then excused herself and reached for her phone.
 
“What was that?” Seungri asked, an eyebrow raised at Seunghyun.
 
“What?” He nonchalantly replied.
 
“You like her, don’t you? That’s love at first sight!”
 
“I don’t believe in those ty things.” The other guys laughed softly. He glared at them and at the same instant they stopped.
 
“Yeah, right. So that’s why you can’t take your eyes off of her!” Jiyong .
 
“Oh, shut up!” The others laughed.
 
 
**
 
 
“You’re here finally! What took you so long?!” Dara’s best friend, Park Bom, said as she took a seat beside her. Bom was a very well-known fashion designer together with their friend Gong Minzy.
 
“Mian. I got lost around the club and forgot to call. I didn’t know you’d be here at the second floor.” She tiredly replied as she placed her head on the table. “Also, I got to see Seungri downstairs.”
 
“SEUNGRI?! As in LEE SEUNGRI?!” Dara startled as one of her friends enraged. Even the people around them stole a few glances at them.
 
“Quiet down, Chae.” Dara hushed her friend.
 
“Mian. But. ARGH. Lee Seungri? Unnie? SERIOUSLY?” Lee Chaerin was another popular singer and international model as well. She finds Seungri as her rival. Dara rolled her eyes and chuckled.
 
‘Chaerin, paboya.’ She thought.
 
“What’s the problem, unnie? You know Dara unnie is also close friends with Seungri oppa.” Minzy said with concern as she looped an arm with Chaerin’s. The latter shook her head.
 
“Tsk. Tsk. My rival is here in this very same club. I don’t want to see him.” She said. Bom chuckled. “What, unnie?” Chaerin desperately asked.
 
“Nothing, Chae. You know.. You honestly look good with him.” She teased.
 
“Yuck! Unnie. That’s so disgusting. Yuuuuck!” And they all laughed. “Dara unnie. Are you okay? You seemed a little off tonight. Something’s up?” Chaerin quickly changed the topic the moment she saw Dara heaved a sigh after laughing. Dara shook her head furiously.
 
“I’m okay. Don’t worry about me. Maybe just lack of sleep.”
 
“Why didn’t you say so? We could have moved our girls night out next week.” Bom worriedly replied as she planted her hand on Dara’s forehead.
 
“Aish. Don’t worry. Plus, I’d really like to see you guys. It’s been like forever! And anyways, Minzy and you would be flying out to Paris next week. And Chaerin to New York. All of you are gonna leave me her all alone.” Dara pretended to cry and the girls just laughed at her, amazed that she still has humor even when she’s tired.
 
“You still have, Woobin.” Bom playfully said.
 
“Yieee!” Chaerin and Minzy teased. Dara felt her cheeks redden.
 
“Ani! Woobin-ah is just a friend.”
 
“That’s what I was saying! What are you thinking?” Bom said moving her eyebrows up and down. Dara just laughed at her.