The Small World

Finding Love

“Ommeoni!” Dara greeted Seunghyun’s mom and ran to her. Seunghyun just chuckled at her.

 
“Dara-ah! It’s nice to see you again.” She hugged Dara and the latter did the same. This was not the second time Dara visited his mother. There were already other instances before. Then Dara noticed a woman walking behind Seunghyun’s mom.
 
“Noona!” Seunghyun exclaimed. His mother turned to her and motioned her to come close. The woman smiled and Dara smiled back. “Noona, this is Park Sandara. Dara, this is my noona Park Jiyeon.” The two ladies bowed at each other and smiled. The older girl enveloped her in a hug.
 
“It’s nice to finally meet you, Sandara-ssi.” Jiyeon smiled. Dara blinked a few times.
 
‘Finally?’ She thought and looked at Seunghyun. The latter just shrugged his shoulders.
 
“It’s nice to meet you too, Jiyeon-ssi.”
 
“Just call me unnie. Can I call you Dara?” Dara smiled sweetly and nodded.
 
“Ne, unnie. I think that would be great.”
 
“Come on, kids. Let’s have our lunch.” Seunghyun’s mom said.
 
“I’ll introduce to you my fiancé later when he gets home.” Dara felt excited and grinned at her. Jiyeon, on the other hand, giggled.
 
**
 
After their lunch, Jiyeon’s fiancé arrived.
 
“Dara-ah!” Jiyeon called out. Her fiancé looked at her.
 
‘Dara?’ He thought. Dara went out of the kitchen to the living room because Jiyeon called her. Seunghyun was trailing behind Dara.
 
“Ne, unn- Kya!” Dara was surprised upon seeing the guy. Jiyeon widen her eyes.
 
“Do you know him?” She asked. Seunghyun gave all of them a puzzled look.
 
“SANDARA PARK!!” The guy gritted his teeth and hissed at her. Dara quickly went to Seunghyun’s back and hid.
 
“What’s happening?” Jiyeon questioned them.
 
“That little girl hiding behind Seunghyun is my cousin. She’s very close to us as well since we also live in Busan. We always had treated her as a sister. But she didn’t come back to Busan anymore.” The guy looked at her angrily.
 
“Aigoo!! Oppa! When I visited you and aunty, you were in Seoul too! It was just bad timing. Mianheyo, oppa!” She said.
 
“Tsk. Let me strangle you with my own bare hands!”
 
“Kyaaaa!”
 
“Jagiya~ Don’t kill Dara. Aigoo.” Jiyeon cooed to her fiancé.
 
“Haish. Come here, Tokki.” Jungsuk said. Dara went near to her oppa and he hugged her tightly. “I missed my dongsaeng! Tsk.”
 
“Mianheyo, oppa. I missed you too.” He chuckled at her.
 
After their very heartwarming (KEKEKEKE) reunion, they went to the balcony and had some tea. Seunghyun’s mom, on the other hand, was at her greenhouse again.
 
“So, when are you guys planning to marry?” Jungsuk asked them. Seunghyun literally sprayed his tea through his mouth upon hearing it. Good thing that he looked the other way while Dara coughed furiously. Jungsuk raised a brow at them. Jiyeon chuckled.
 
“Tabi...” Dara handed a table napkin to Seunghyun. The latter wiped his mouth. Dara turned to Jungsuk and said, “Aigoo. Oppa! We’re just friends.” She declared. Seunghyun just looked at her and pursed his lips.
 
“Just friends?”
 
“Jagiya~ They’re still young. Don’t pressure them.”
 
“Whaaa- I’m not. I was just asking.” Jungsuk shrugged his shoulders. “Ya you two. Don’t do decisions that you’ll regret. Sometimes, it’s good to think of your own happiness.”
 
“Omo! Such wise words from my oppa! You’re getting wiser, ne?” Dara wiggled her eyebrows while Jungsuk made a face and mouthed ‘I’ll kill you’. Seunghyun and Jiyeon laughed at them. “Unnie~ How did you meet oppa? I think you guys are really meant to be!” Jiyeon and Jungsuk blushed.
 
“Ya! Are you trying to embarrass us?!” Jungsuk exclaimed while Dara yelped in surprise. She shook her head.
 
“Aigoo, you two. Hmm. We’ve met 8 years ago...” Jiyeon looked at Jungsuk lovingly and the latter did the same as he took her hand into his and entwined their fingers. Dara and Seunghyun smiled.
 
‘What a beautiful sight.’ She thought.
 
“We were seniors in college that time. We’ve met at a school dance for the whole senior students.” Jungsuk added.
 
“How come you never brought unnie home?” Dara asked. Seunghyun raised a brow at Jungsuk secretly.
 
“You’re insane.” Jungsuk replied and rolled his eyes. “I’ve brought her in Busan, pabo. Many times. Tch. The first time was when you were a junior in high school that time and you made a trip in Nami Island.” Dara nodded in realization.
 
“Jungsuk then was so excited to introduce me to you, Dara-ah. He attempted again four years ago. We went back to Busan during winter break but your grandma said you have a part time job in Seoul and will go back home for Christmas. But we had to go back to Seoul so we didn’t really meet again.”
 
“Aigoo. I’m so sorry, oppa. I’m so sorry, unnie.”
 
“You’re too decided to be independent, Tokki.” Dara lowered her gaze.
 
“And it’s not bad at all.” Jiyeon added. Dara faced her and smiled. “I never realized that Jungsuk’s ‘Ssantokki’ was you, Dara. Although, I’ve heard Seunghyun called you Tokki earlier... I never realized it.”
 
“It’s okay, unnie. This is such a small world.” Dara exclaimed happily and the others just chuckled at her silliness.
 
“And by the way, Tokki... We need to visit home soon. Halmeoni...”
 
“Ne~ Inguk told me. Unnie, you should go with us too.” Dara smiled. Jiyeon nodded her head.
 
“How about me? And who’s Inguk?” Seunghyun said, pouting. Jiyeon and Dara chuckled.
 
“You can go with us.” Dara said to him and Seunghyun smiled.
 
“Inguk. Seo Inguk. Dara’s first love when she was a kid.” Jungsuk teased Seunghyun and Dara flinched. “Good thing you still talk with each other.” Jiyeon was trying her best not to laugh. She knows what her fiancé was doing. Seunghyun did this to Jungsuk as well when they were not yet engaged.
 
“Ya! Oppa! He’s not!” Dara turned to Seunghyun. “A childhood friend. Tsk.” Then she looked back to Jungsuk. “Of course we still talk to each other. He’s still living in Busan and he visits halmeoni most of the time.”
 
“Tch.” Seunghyun then made a clicking sound with his tongue. Dara looked at him worriedly.
 
“Aigoo. Jagiya~ Let’s buy dessert for everyone.” Jiyeon said as she winked at Jungsuk. The latter chuckled and nodded his head. The two excused themselves and Dara and Seunghyun was left in the balcony.
 
“Tabi~”
 
“Inguk?” He looked at Dara sternly. She fidgeted.
 
“He’s a childhood friend and we only talk once in a while when he visits my grandmother.” Dara explained.
 
“Mian. I’m being weird again.” Seunghyun said as he rubbed his nape. Dara chuckled.
 
“You do know that weird is fine with me, right?” Seunghyun nodded his head and smiled.
 
“Sometimes, I feel sad because I just met you. It would be great if I’ve met you when we were kids. I think that would be much awesome.” Dara nodded in agreement and giggled.
 
“It’s never too late though. We’ve only missed like 25 years of each other’s lives and we’re not even at the half of our lives yet.” She chuckled.
 
“You’re right.” Seunghyun smiled.
 
“I like Jiyeon unnie for oppa. They really look good together. And they look so happy.”
 
“Couldn’t agree more with you. Noona used to not believe in love until she met hyung... I guess it’s in your blood.” Seunghyun said in a low voice, almost like a whisper.
 
“In our blood? What do you mean?”
 
“You know... Making other people believe in love.” Seunghyun smiled at Dara.
 
 
**
 
 
Another update ^^
 
Thank you very much to khuang and lilytrang for subscribing! :)