The Brown Envelope

Finding Love
Hello! Here is another update from me. :) Thank you very much to my new subscriber, katniss216. Hope you guys will like this. Thank you! :3
 
 
**
 
 

“Aish. I forgot to buy a brown envelope.” Dara cursed to herself upon remembering that she needed an envelope today. She was already at the university, pacing fast to her class. “Fine. After class.” She reminded herself. Good thing, she needed the envelope for her 3pm schedule.

 
“Dara-ah!” Dara arrived in their classroom just in time and she turned to look who called her and saw Hyesun already seated near the window. Dara smiled and waved then she approached her. “You’re almost late.” She reminded Dara. The latter chuckled. Goo Hyesun is a close friend of Dara’s. They’ve been friends since college and Hyesun was taking up her master’s with Dara. When they don’t have class and she has free time, she works as a part-time model and actress. Making them, technically, celebrity friends.
 
“I was just in time, Hyesun-ah.” Hyesun smiled and reached for the pocket of her pants. Dara peeked on what she’s getting.
 
“Ta da!” Hyesun opened her palm and showed Dara a rabbit candy. “This is for you, Santokki!” Dara giggled and reached for the candy.
 
“This is so cute. Gomawo, Hyesun-ah~! Where did you find this candy?”
 
“I was on my way to the university when I happened to see a newly opened candy store.” Dara nodded as she attentively listened to her friend. “Then I saw a bunch of rabbit candies and as if they were calling me, telling me to buy to give it to my friend named ‘Sandara’. So, I bought two. I ate it already though.” The two of them shared laughter because of the silliness of each other.
 
“What are you guys laughing at?” A handsome guy approached them and took the seat at the front of Dara’s.
 
“Halo, Donghae-ah.” The two girls greeted the guy. Donghae just smirked at them.
 
“You’re almost late.” Hyesun pointed out to him.
 
“That’s the exact thing she told me earlier.” Dara said to Donghae playfully. He chuckled.
 
“At least I still got in first before our Professor.” Donghae reasoned out.
 
“I thought you have class today?” Hyesun asked. Dara just eyed Donghae. The guy shrugged his shoulders.
 
“I do have. I’m attending one right now.” He answered sarcastically. Hyesun just rolled her eyes.
 
“You know what I mean.”
 
“Haisht. My class have an immersion today until Sunday.” He answered. Lee Donghae’s an Asst. Professor in the same university and he’s teaching Communication Theories to freshmen.
 
“That’s why you’re here.” Dara nonchalantly said and she didn’t mean to say it that way.
 
“Ya! You don’t want me here?” Donghae asked.
 
“Kekeke! Mian. I didn’t mean my statement to be that way. Of course it’s more fun when you’re here. Have you informed our Prof. about this?”
 
“Yup! And she agreed that I can sit in.” Donghae smiled at them slyly.
 
**
 
It was around lunch time when Dara went out and looked for the nearest convenience store to buy her envelope.
 
“Stupid brown .” Dara cursed. Supposedly, she’d be with Hyesun and Donghae right now. Dara’s 3pm schedule was different from the two because she has work by 9pm and the class the two have was 6pm-9pm. That’s why Dara took the earlier sched.
 
The brown envelope she had been searching for was not available in any convenience stores so she decided to go to the mall.
 
“Divine’s!” She blurted out and started running.
 
When she arrived Divine’s, she accidentally bumped into someone and slightly slammed her head onto a person’s chest.
 
“Aiyo~ Mianhe.” Dara said as she caressed her head. When she looked up, she was so surprised to see who it was that caused her jaw to almost reach the floor.
 
“The handsome expressionless guy!” She blurted out. Jiyong heard this and started laughing as he approached them. Seunghyun raised his eyebrows at her and decided not to take in what she just said.
 
‘But then again.. Handsome? She thought I’m handsome? And expressionless? The .’ He thought.
 
“Are you okay?” Seunghyun asked her instead. Dara nodded her head slowly.
 
“Ne. Kamsahamnida, Seunghyun-ssi. Sorry for bumping into you like that. Are you okay? Did my big head hurt you?” She asked with concern. Seunghyun chuckled lightly. Realizing what he did, he cleared his throat and composed himself.
 
“Ah, ne. I’m fine. I wasn’t hurt. Thank you.” He formally replied.
 
“Dara-ssi. What did you just call Seunghyun?” Jiyong said in between laughs. He just can’t stop. Dara’s face became red as a tomato and she feels hot on her cheeks.
 
“Omo~” she gasped, touching her face. ‘This is so embarrassing! Just the second time I’ve met them and I couldn’t stop my mouth! Aisht!! Seunghyun-ssi must have think that I’m deep crazy!’ Dara thought.
 
Jiyong laughed at her more. Seunghyun cleared his throat.
 
“Are you done?” He asked Jiyong. Jiyong waved his hand at him while still laughing.
 
“Haay.” Jiyong wiped a tear that formed at the corner of his eye. “Dara-ssi. May I just call you ‘Dara’?”
 
Dara looked at him and smiled. “Of course you can, Jiyong-ssi.”
 
“Just call me ‘Jiyong’ then.” He answered as he smirked.
 
‘Smooth.’ Seunghyun said to himself and rolled his eyes.
 
“You guys don’t have work today?” Dara asked them innocently. Jiyong just looked at her with wide eyes. ‘Omo. Did I say something wrong again?’
 
“Seunghyun here is the CEO of Divine’s. I’m the Vice President.” Jiyong explained to her as he smiled sweetly. Dara felt her cheeks burning again.
 
“Oh no. I’m so sorry. I didn’t know.” Dara said as she bowed. That was when she noticed that a girl, probably their secretary, was standing at the back of the two and there were 4 bodyguards as well.
 
‘Fancy. They even have bodyguards.’ She thought.
 
“Gwenchana, Dara-ssi. Please stop bowing.” Seunghyun said to her as he held her shoulders so she would just stand up straight. Their eyes met and for a second, they felt the world stop.
 
Jiyong cleared his throat this time, amazed with the two.
 
“You guys... Erm.. Okay?” He awkwardly asked.
 
Dara gasped for air. ‘When did I stopped breathing?’ She nodded in response to Jiyong.
 
“How about you? You don’t have work?” Jiyong asked.
 
“Ah, ne. My work starts at 9pm. I just have a class today.”
 
“Oh. Grad. Studies?”
 
“Yup.” She said and smiled.
 
“You should take care then. Someone might recognize you.”
 
“Aii. I’m not popular, anyway. But thank you for the concern.” Dara smiled shyly. Jiyong chuckled at her.
 
‘Such a beautiful sight.’ He thought to himself.
 
Seunghyun cleared his throat upon seeing his friend drooling over Dara. “We have to go. It was nice bumping into you, Dara-ssi.” He said and bowed. Dara bowed as well.
 
“Ne. It was nice seeing you guys again.” She replied and planted her sweetest smile. Seunghyun stared at her for a moment when Jiyong nudged his elbow at Seunghyun’s side. The guy glared at Jiyong and hissed.
 
“We are looking forward to see you again soon, Dara.” Jiyong said and smiled. Dara nodded at him. Then they all walked away.
 
‘Huhu. I looked stupid.’ She thought. Then she remembered why she was at the mall and started running again in search of the envelope.
 
**
 
“Seunghyun. I think you found yourself a crush!” Jiyong said the moment they reached the office part of the mall.
 
“That’s rubbish, Jiyong.” He nonchalantly answered.
 
“Tch. Stop pretending, Seunghyun. This is the first time I’ve seen you like this. Never once a girl caught your attention until now.”
 
“You must be mistaken, Mr. Kwon because it was obvious that it was you who drools for her.”
 
“Ah.. Jealous, are we?” Seunghyun turned to look at Jiyong and gave him a death glare. Jiyong chuckled.
 
“I’m not jealous. Why would I? I don’t care if you like the lady.”
 
“Oh. So you wouldn’t mind if I ask her on a date?”
 
Seunghyun stopped on his tracks, eyes never leaving Jiyong. It was a piercing gaze and Jiyong got a bit threatened.
 
“Ya. If you like Dara, just admit it. I won’t tease you.” He said as he shrugged his shoulders. “And I won’t ask her on a date if you just tell me that you have a crush on her.”
 
Seunghyun rolled his eyes at him.
 
“Don’t tell me... YOU’RE IN LOVE WITH ME?!” Jiyong exclaimed as he covered his fully clothed body with his hands. Seunghyun turned to him, eyes wide in horror. Then he turned to look at his secretary who was just looking at them with surprise plastered on her face.
 
“WHAT THE , MAN. WHY WOULD I BE IN LOVE WITH YOU?!” Seunghyun angrily blurted out. Jiyong laughed at his friend.
 
“Because you didn’t want me to date Dara and you were clearly jealous when I talked to her.” Jiyong said to him as he shrugged his shoulders.
 
“What the actual .” Seunghyun said in gritted teeth. He can’t believe his friend thinks he’s gay. “Fine. I do find her attractive. But there’s nothing more to it!” Seunghyun said as he stomped his feet into his office and slammed the door. Jiyong smirked.
 
‘Haha! Gotcha!’ Jiyong thought to himself and laughed evilly.
 
“Are you alright?” Eunhye, their secretary, asked him. Jiyong just nodded at her and continued laughing evilly until he reached his office. “Crazy guys.” She said to herself.