Hide N Seek

I Am

 “How come you didn't go in and talk to her?” Doojoon asked, pulling the car out onto the street. The entire time he was there, Yeonwoo sat quietly outside in the waiting area. His eyes narrowed at her in waits for her to answer after he stopped at the red light.

“It was uncomfortable.” She mumbled and rolled the button in her hand. She thought it would of been best for the girl to talk to him instead. He seemed comforting and reliable when it came to talking to children. She knew those weren't her strong points. 

“How so?”

“Stop asking questions.” She looked out the window, “Just do your job, Mr. Inspector. You have to find those people for her. You promised her.”


“Of course. Those people are worth less than trash. They're not even human.”


“Glad you're not the type to give everyone second chances.” She smirked, “Some people in the police force are so keen in second chances when they're not suppose to be given out in the first place. I hate those officers that act like that. They give out false hope and encourage those kind of people to start over again.”

“Well, I mean if they were to kill someone. They don't deserve a do over.” Doojoon shrugged. “Everyone else should get - “

She held out Nana's button and closed it tightly in her palm. “Okay, Mr. Inspector.”

 

                                                                                                                                                                -~-

The two arrived at the Investigating Department to see that everyone was busy within the office. Inspector Choi was calmly making phone calls at his desk and organizing a small group of SWAT team while Minhyun was highly focused on his computer.

“What are you doing?” Doojoon asked, peering over Minhyun's shoulder. Minhyun was typing through all sorts of codes and pulling up information. The entire screen was filed with 

“We got a tip from one of the shooters ex-girlfriend.” Minhyun answered and pictures of the suspects popped up on his screen. The two identified shooters had previous offences, but to Yeonwoo's dismay, it wasn't Jang Sunghyun.

“The person we took in already confessed where their three frequently used hide outs were.” Inspector Choi said, covering the phone in his hand. “Chief Lee is preparing for us to head out. This time we won't be getting back up from the First Bureau because they're on a different case.”

“Someone call Zero.” Chief Lee entered the room with a stern look on his face. He buttoned up his dress shirt to hide the bullet proof vest underneath before adding a sweater over his shirt. He grabbed his blazer off the coat hanger and strapped his gun to his side. “I want her to back me up.” He smirked and glanced at Yeonwoo slightly. “I apologize Yeonwoo, we can't go out as planned today. I'll make it up to you.”

Yeonwoo grinned, “It's alright, I'll see you soon.”

“Inspector Choi, are you ready?” Chief Lee asked and the man nodded, “Minhyun?”

“And...” Minhyun pressed on the enter button on his high tech keyboard, “Done. Let's go.”

“Yeonwoo, do you mind filing these for me? I don't need them anymore.” Inspector Choi patted her head. She nodded with a smile and took the files from him. “Keep down the fort.” He winked and headed off to follow the others to the cars. The second they left, she dropped the files on an empty desk and went to change out of her clothes inside Chief Lee's office. The man had already laid out her clothes and gear. She kept the ear piece on and listened to the team's movements.

“Plastic bottle factory?” Doojoon's voice came from the other end.

“Let's get there before they move.” Chief Lee said and stepped on the gas.

 

Within half an hour, the team arrived around the small factory. The SWAT team sat in the two vans and waited for Chief Lee's order. Second Bureau regrouped and went about with their plans. The other officers had their gun out for safety and wandered the area in groups of two while Chief Lee's team stayed to plan out their move.

 

“I arrived.” Zero said, watching the police do their work from afar. She was hiding behind one of the delivery trucks next to the building. It was thanks to Chief Lee's detour that helped her get ahead of everyone.

“Give it up, Kang Ilsook. We know you're in there with your accomplice, Park Hyunmin.” Chief Lee said into one of the speakers directed at the factory. “Either you surrender now or – “

“Chief! It's a phone call from Ilsook.” A man with thick framed glasses interrupted. He handed him the phone and anxiously watched the man take it.

“You're the Chief right? I want you to come in and talk to me. I will surrender after you hear what I have to say.” Ilsook negotiated and Chief Lee had a gut feeling that there will be foul play within the factory.

“Fine. First let me ask you one thing, do you have any weapons?”

Ilsook laughed, “Many.”

“Sound interesting. I'll see you in a bit.” Chief Lee smirked and handed the phone back.

“What did he want?” Doojoon looked at the man with concern. “Are you going in there, Chief?”

“Mhm.” Chief Lee responded and pulled out his gun. “He wanted to speak with me.” He loaded his gun. “I want you to be on standby and come in to back me up if I don't come out within...” He glanced at his watch, “Ten minutes. Ten minutes will be fine.” He pointed to Minhyun, “Can you create some sort of diversion for me to know where they are hiding?”

“I'll try. Give me a sec.” Minhyun took out his laptop from his car.

“I will get the SWAT team on standby too.” Inspector Choi nodded and went to the vans.

 

Chief Lee reached for his ear piece from his car and switched on the blue tooth. “Zero, do you have a way to get inside? I want you to cover me.”

“Let me see.” She glanced around. “There's a window I can crawl through, but I won't know where that will lead me.”


“That will be okay. I can stall for time.”

 

“Sir, I'm done.” Minhyun showed him his laptop screen, “This is how the building is laid out. Once you walk in there should be crates of bottles stacked up high which you can use to conceal yourself.” He said and handed him two gadgets, “Since this factory is a bit older, I couldn't find any surveillance except the ones located in the offices. Roll these away from you so I can control them to see where the suspects are hiding.”


“Whoa, that's so cool.” Doojoon gawked at the small orbs in hand. He and Minhyun escorted Chief Lee with guns in their hands and protectively walked him towards the door.


“Perfect.” Chief Lee smiled and held them tightly. “See you later.”