Hey! Yoon Doojoon!

I Am

 “Answer the phone.” Yeonwoo sighed while she impatiently tapped her thigh to the sound of the dial tone. Where are you? She had just stopped by his apartment to find that he wasn't home. Before she went there, she asked his parents where he would of gone. It was thanks to his dad telling her it was the death anniversary of his mom. Don't tell me he's off somewhere crying. Stupid guy... How could he disappear like this every year. She called back to the Second Bureau and looked for Minhyun. She asked him if he still had the tracker on Doojoon.

 

“Just a few minutes ago, his tracker for a second before turning off again. He's somewhere near the Hangang River.” Minhyun answered, “There could be a chance he could still be there.”

“His dad told me he's usually gone for two weeks. Should we just wait for him to show up?” She yawned. She pulled the phone away from her ear as soon as she heard the protests of Inspector Choi. She got up from the bus bench and smoothed out the wrinkles in her dress. She didn't like the fact that she wore a short dress. It was starting to get dark. “Alright, just text me his previous location. I'll go check.”

 

-~-

 

Yeonwoo got off the crowded bus and walked down the side of the river in search of Doojoon. She wished that she had worn her ious outfit. She would of gotten to the river in no time without taking the bus. She talked herself out of hurting the guy as soon as she saw him and thought of tonight as an exception. She looked up from where the tracker had pinpointed to see that Doojoon was nowhere to be found. She swore repeatedly in her head, but tried her best to mask her frustration from the couples hanging around the benches and in their cars.

 

“Poor thing, she must of been stood up.” A girl from the bench mumbled loud enough for her to hear. She snuggled up next to her boyfriend and held his hand “She isn't as lucky as I am.”

 

Disgusting. Yeonwoo rolled her eyes. She didn't bother looking at them and instead, continued to look for Doojoon. She walked for another straight ten minutes. The area near the bridge was dimly lit which made her question if she should continue further or just turn around and search the other direction. Where would he be? She sighed and heard the sound of bells that came from her right. She stepped off to the side to let the couple ride by. In that unexpected moment, she saw a man sitting by the cemented slope near the river shore. He slugged his can of beer back and finished the very last drop of it. He crushed the can and let it balance on the small crevices in the cement. She scoffed and placed her hands on her hips. “Hey! Yoon Doojoon!” She called out, “Aren't you a little too old to be playing hide and seek? Do you know how much the others are worried about you?”

 

“Yeonwoo.” He whispered, but she couldn't hear him. It didn't occur to her that he was crying until she looked more closely. She took off her shoes and quietly went closer.

 

“This guy.” She sighed once more. “Why are you sitting here crying by yourself? You're not the type to do either. Who are you?” She sat next to him. She had no idea on how to comfort him. It wasn't her forte after all. “I'm sorry about your – “ She froze at the sight of tears falling. “About your...” She was startled by how much he was sobbing. The pain in his eyes made it unbearable for her to keep eye contact. All she thought of doing was putting her arm around him and patting his shoulder. She stuck her hand in her bag and fished for tissues for him to wipe his tears. “Doojoon...”

 

“It's the first time you called me by my name.” He joked despite still wiping his tears away. She only realized that when he told her. “Sorry, did I startle you?” He asked and without a word, she wiped the last tear that rolled down his cheek.

 

“You don't have to cry alone.” She said quietly. A second after, she felt out of place for saying something so unlike her. She wondered if he and his family influenced her in some sort of way. They locked eyes for a moment and neither of them looked away.

 

“Thanks.” Doojoon smiled and placed his hand at the back of her head. He leaned in to where their lips could of touched if someone were to have given him a light push, but when he felt her flinch, he decided to not go through with it. He missed her lips by a few inches and planted a kiss on her cheek. “Thank you.” He her head and took pleasure in seeing her flustered face. She slapped his hand away and returned to the bike lane. “Are you going to leave a tipsy person here by the edge of a river ?” He laughed and she went back down to help him out. “Let's go home.”

 

-~-

 

“You don't have to stay here if you don't want to.” Doojoon said and watched Yeonwoo take one of his pillow from his bed. She had managed to bring him home safe and sound.

 

“They told me to.” She answered, referring to his parents. She didn't go further in detail, but made her point clear that she would stay for the night. “Sleep and sober up.” She pushed him down on the bed and helped him under the cover. She threw the blanket over him and switched off the lights.

 

“G-Good night.”

 

“Night.”

 

 

Where is he?” Zero asked with her body visibly shaking. Her hands gripped tightly onto Chief Lee's shirt.

 

We lost his signal.” Chief Lee said in a shaky voice. “He's somewhere inside.”


“HE WASN'T SUPPOSE TO BE HERE. NONE OF YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO BE HERE!” She screamed at him and rushed into the building. She checked every floor for Doojoon to calmly appear with a grin on his face, but she found no one. The last resort was the roof top. She sprinted up the stairs and yanked open the door. She gasped and caught herself by the door frame. “D-Doojoon.” She stuttered. A gun was pointed straight at Doojoon's head, but the person that held the gun was blurred out. Doojoon breathed heavily with his eyes locked onto the gun.

 

Don't do this.” He rigidly stepped back. The gunman was ready to pull the trigger.

 

STOP!” Zero tried to run to him, but the gun was fired. “DOOJOON!”

 

Yeonwoo awakened from the nightmare completely soaked with her sweat. She looked around the unfamiliar environment and remembered that she had stayed over at Doojoon's suite. Her instinct was to curl up into a ball like she had always done after experiencing a nightmare, but her thoughts were to look for him. “Doojoon?” She called out, but he didn't answer. She walked to his room door and wiped her clammy palms on her shirt before opening the door. The light from the kitchen shone into his room and the second she saw red stains nearly made her loose balance. The centre of the bed where he would of been sleeping was deep coloured red. “DOOJOON!” She screamed and suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

 

“What's wrong?” Doojoon looked at her with concern. She immediately wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face in his chest. “What's wrong? Why are you shaking?”

 

“You idiot.” She muttered, unable to control her body's reaction.

 

“Did you have a nightmare?” He her back, “It looked like you were dreaming of one when I walked by.”

 

She released him and crossed her arms to stop the shaking. “Why... Why is there...”


“Oh, I spilled some red wine. I couldn't sleep.”


She sighed at how much she overreacted and stared at the ground, “Why didn't you wake me then?”


“Well, you've been sleeping fine for a good few hours.” He patted her head and went to pull off his sheets. Luckily for him, the liquid didn't seep through into his mattress or that would of been more trouble for him. He was the worse with dealing with stains. Since they were old sheets, he planned on throwing them out which saved him the trouble of getting them out. “Do you want to sleep some more?”

She shook her head, “It's fine...It's fine.”

 


 

Is the story okay? If so, please go ahead and share (: