Helpless

We all Fall....

Chap 7:

 

~Cassandra’s POV~

I hate this! This feeling of helplessness, I doubt that I was this helpless back then. It has already been a few weeks since the Castro family found me. They were the ones who have helped me since, Abuela and Abuelito have been really nice to me. They both treat me like their own daughter, and even Richardo, their only son has been welcoming. They apparently have found me bloodied and unconscious. They said that I have probably come somewhere upstream from the river they found me in. I was found on the river bank with a head injury which caused my amnesia. Till now I have yet to recover all my memories, but I have just recently remembered that I have two siblings, a boy and a girl, both younger than me, and a mom, also that I am Korean and my last name is Park. Other than that I have nothing else.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been awhile now and I have yet to figure out what is truly wrong with me. A few days ago I fainted, and Abuela said that my nose started bleeding. I'm not entirely sure what is going on in my body, but since that day I have been on bed rest because I feel too weak to even stand. Abuela has been taking care of me and I feel really sorry to her. She's old now and yet she still has to care for me, I don’t wish to be a burden to her and her family, but what can I do? I can’t even sit up by myself.

I’ve been thinking about my family, and if they’re still alive. If they are then why am I here? Where are they? Did something happen between us, that’s why I’m where I am now? How and why? Those are the questions that keep going around my head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-A few days later-

I’m dying. The doctor, a friend of the Castro’s had come over to check on me last week when I fainted, had taken a blood sample with him to test, and he found out that I have a tumor in my brain. He said that considering the size and location, he guesses that the cancer is in its later stage. Apparently there has been a tumor growing on the left side of my brain  and it would be too dangerous if I were to go under radiation due to the location of the tumor. He also informed me that I might not have that much left in my life, and that he is surprised that I am still living for he heard that only a few people ever live as long as I have once they were diagnosed with brain cancer at this stage.

 

 

Cancer.

 

Brain cancer.

 

 

 

 

Is this the reason why I’m here? So that my family won’t have to suffer seeing me sick, that’s if I still have a family. If so, do I really want to be here and suffer by myself? And not be able to say goodbye to them? To my family? To my friends? To my loved ones? To my love?

 

 

 

 

Love? Did I leave behind my love?