10 Ways To Get You Back

~ 팔 ~

 

"Hmmmm..."

 

"What?"

 

"Hmmm.."

 

Hayi walked slowly, taking little steps like she's a thief stealing money on the bank; the only problem that she wasn't inside a bank, and no, she's not stealing either, she's on the rooftop and she was spying someone. Who else could it be? Of course it's Song Yunhyeong, scratch that it's Jiwon.

 

"Oh! Code Red! Code Red! Attention, Code Red!!" Suhyun shouted after she saw through her binoculars the man they were spying at, he was walking inside the university, perhaps already done with his lunch break. How so? He messaged Hayi.

 

Speaking of Hayi, she was rattled from the sudden shouting of her friend. "What is it? Why are you shouting? What happened?" She asked curiously.

 

Suhyun lowered her binoculars to her nose. "On sight. Kim Jiwon, 18, handsome, finely built body, chinky eyes..."

 

Hayi was irritated and she cannot help it but to hit her friend who wasn't useful in her case.

 

"Ouch! What was that for?"

 

"What was that for? What are you even saying! I don't know why are we even here at the rooftop, and.. Do we really need to wear these?" She complained continuously. They were wearing a camouflage shirt and shorts, a vest on their chests, and a black cap. Both looked like members of an army team that has an assassination mission. Hayi could only shake her head for she could not understand why Suhyun bugged her after class with paper bags on hand; those were the outfits inside.

 

Suhyun thought of the complaints of her friend, "hmmm... you have a point." She removed the large binoculars hanging from her neck and placed it on the ground; the binoculars were a property of her older brother, she sneaked inside his room when he was off to his own class. "I thought we can do the number one on your list, so..." Twirling her braid, she wore an apologetic smile.

 

"Aish, I thought we're gonna do something important!" Hayi took her cap off. "What the heck Suhyun, number one was just easy to accomplish so why do we need to act like we are on a SWAT team? You even said stuffs like Code red! Code red! Attention!"

 

Suhyun pouted, "Oh that..."

 

The truth was, Suhyun only wanted to experience wearing an outfit like that as if they were really performing a lethal mission. She dreamt of being like in the movies of Anne Hathaway's Get Smart, and Angelina Jolie's The Tourist. Suhyun secretly dreamt of becoming an undercover agent, but of course that was impossible so she could only want to cosplay it for her dream's sake.

 

"Whatever! You only wasted my lunch break to something unimportant, I haven't even eaten yet!" Hayi looked at her watch, good thing she has ten minutes to eat before the resume of her classes. This only meant she needed to eat as fast as she could, it doesn't matter if she cannot taste her lunch that munch, she only needed to be full enough for her stomach to not grumble in the middle of her class.

 

*****

 

Whoever said that number on the list was easy, that person was so wrong.

 

Hayi doesn't know how she would start doing the things written on her list. Grunting, she had her elbows propped on the counter of the cafe. There were a few customers inside, sitting on the comfy chairs, drinking their coffees and lattes, and chatting with their friends. She blew out a heavy sigh, as if she had been carrying out a large algebraic problem and she has nothing in her mind that could solve it.

 

"If you don't want manager-ssi to bawl at you, you better fix yourself," said Minzy, another barista of the coffee shop. Taehyun and she changes shifts time after time but she's the regular one, because she has a lot of time since she had already graduated.

 

Hayi stood up properly when a person entered the glass doors of the cafe, the wind chime chimming softly when it was hit by the door. She greeted the customer when he walked towards the counter.

 

"Good Afternoon sir, what's your order?"

 

 

Soon enough her shift finally ended, she quickly got off her uniform and prepared to leave. She bid goodbye to her fellow workers who were also closing the coffee machines and lights. The cafe was now closed and Hayi was very eager to go home. Her head was as light as a feather and it wasn't good that she was stressed out.

 

"I'm going home now unnie." She said when Minzy locked the door. The latter turned to her and nodded, "Arasso, make sure you go home safely alright? You still have class tomorrow."

 

At this time, the buses were already done with their routes and a cab will be expensive, which left Hayi no choice but to walk her way home. She still doesn't have a car she could drive wherever and whenever she can, albeit her mom prohibited her long time ago.

 

With only a few blocks from her house, there was a creaking sound heard beside the road, where there was an abandoned house. Grannies said that the house was owned by a couple who were murdered on the day of their wedding anniversary. Hayi felt goosebumps all over her skin but she let that thought aside. So what, it's midnight and creaking sounds were normal. Wasn't it?

 

Hayi stopped from her tracks when she heard a step behind her. So someone's following her now? But maybe that person was also on his way home and his home was also happened to be in this street.

 

"Don't think too much Hayi, that's nothing." She reasured herself and proceeded walking.

 

You're so near now Hayi, you can see your house now. Come on.

 

But then, her phone began to vibrate and her ringtone played.

 

Yeah my name is CL from 2NE1
It's been a long time coming but we're here now
Now we set those roofs on fire baby, uh oh
You better get yours cause I'm getting--

 

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

 

*****

 

If you ever asked what happened to Hayi that night, well let's say she ran with all her might and shouted like she's about to be . Turns out she panicked after receiving a call from Jiwon. Could you blame the girl? She was really stressed that day.

 

"Good morning," she rubbed her droopy eyes and greeted her mother who was in the kitchen like she always did, making their breakfast for today. 

 

"Good morning too, hun." She kissed her daughter's cheeks and went back to cooking the rest of the batter. "I'm cooking pancakes, your favorite." She said as Hayi went for a seat while fiddling on her phone.

 

"By the way dear, have you heard someone shout last night? What time have you gone home?" Inquire her mother who was still awake at that moment where Hayi freaked out.

 

Hayi almost spilled her drink when she heard what her mother asked her, "Yah drink slowly, you should be more feminine you know?" She only nodded, she remembered how she embrassed herself last night, and if her mom heard it probably their neighbor's did the same. Would they call the police and report the shouting? Hayi hoped not. Whoever was the man behind her, she prayed heavens that he wouldn't speak about the accident. Yes, it was an accident for Hayi. It's her phone's fault! Jiwon's fault nonetheless! Why was he calling at that time of the night?

 

"Nothing mom, I mean I got home at 12 am but I haven't heard a scream. Maybe you were just dreaming."

 

*****

 

"So what food does he like, you think?"

 

"Uhm, I think it's hotdog sandwich. He's been craving for one lately, you know he's my classmate.." The pale girl in french braid giggled as she remembered Jiwon as her classmate on a minor class she doesn't even like. The other two could only frown at the continuous giggles they heard from the other.

 

"Uhm we know you're his classmate that's why we're asking you." Hayi cannot help but to mutter to herself, Suhyun laughed because she heard what her friend was ranting about.

 

"I know right," she replied and the two gave each other knowing looks, while the other was still talking about a scene she happened to share with the handsome man.

 

"You see, he looked at me and asked me--"

 

"Okay, okay, you haven't answered clearly our last question." Suhyun cut the other out, causing the girl to come back to her senses to which she realized she has been talking too much and the two strangers might have had knew about her secret crush to Kim Jiwon but then she rolled her eyes to realization, who doesn't have a crush on him?

 

The girl grasped on her sling bag and gave Suhyun and Hayi a questioning look. "Why are you asking those stuffs by the way?" If she knew better, the two also liked him and no way would she be telling those facts to them, one might get the advantage and steal Jiwon away from her.

 

"I mean, oppa likes Jajangmyeon a lot! H-he told me he loves to eat that when he was still a-abroad." The stranger grinned, tried her best to make her statement very credible and when the other two nodded, she threw her fist mentally in her success in misleading those fangirls like her. Hah! I got you on that one!

 

But Hayi wasn't naive, she knew what the latter said was a lie. Really, 'oppa' likes Jjangmyeon now huh? I thought he despises that black noodles? He even told me there would be no way a person would be able to make him eat those dirty looking cold noodles. Her lips formed a twitch with what the latter had said. And she's even calling Jiwon oppa! And let's stop reading thoughts Hayi now, for all Suhyun knew her friend was mentally cussing this anorexic looking girl in front of them.

 

"Uh, okay thank you for your help." Being a good friend she was, she dismissed the irritating female and she was very glad the latter obeyed. When the girl in braids was nowhere in sight she pulled Hayi away from the corridors, her friend's face still hard and her thoughts forming a secret massacre plan to all of Jiwon's fangirls. In all fairness to him, he wasn't an idol nor an inch of a model but she has a lot of girls swooned by his impeccable charm.

 

"Easy Hayi," Suhyun held the former by her shoulders and made her breathe in and out. "Don't worry about them, they don't even have a chance, not even a centimeter of a percent." She assured the smaller, and Hayi relaxed now.

 

"Why are we even asking them, you know they aren't credible unlike if you only ask Jiwon, that would be easier," asked Suhyun.

 

Hayi looked at her as if she asked the dumbest question there was. "Are you serious? If I asked him things like this he might think I still have a thing to him!"

 

Suhyun's face formed frowns for she herself doesn't understand where her friend was getting at. "Wasn't that good? Jiwon-ssi will know about your feelings which will make him realize that he likes you the same way?"

 

Well, you have a point. Hayi thought but she let it aside, never would she admit that. But still, she doesn't want that case to happen, since it would be awkward for her to get around Jiwon if the latter knew about her heart.

 

She breathed out, a sigh, "Oh god Suhyun you're dumb."

 

*****

 

She wasn't satisfied with only getting a piece of information from the delusional females around their campus so she decided to pay a visit to Jiwon's mom's business.

 

"Welcome ma'am!" The ladies inside greeted whenever a new customer enters the shop. Jiwon's mom owns a cosmetic and beauty shop just around the vicinity of Seoul. The ajhumma started this business from scratch, from selling make-up products on the sidewalks of Myeongdon to building a stall, this one, three years ago.

 

Hayi scanned the shop as if it was her first time going inside this kind of store. True enough, this was her first visit after three years. The red paintings were now replaced by lavender walls and the racks were now made from glass, showing the products they sell. Before the products here were ordered from manufacturers, but now even they have their own brands of foundation, concealer, lipstick, and other make-up must haves.

 

A small lady clad on her heels perhaps three inches high, walked towards where Hayi was statued, agape from the changes Mrs. Kim's business had grown.

 

"May I help you shop ma'am?" 

 

 


Hayi went home after shopping a bunch of facial creams to eyeshadows and eyelash curler. She bought stuffs she doesn't even know how to use but it was worth it. I could ask Suhyun how to use it tomorrow. If it was anything that goes to being elegant and ladylike, Hayi would be the last girl to fit the shoe. Her female self has been already gone years ago, but it wouldn't hurt to be female again right?

 

Upstairs she entered her room, throwing the paper bags which contains the bottles of products unknown to her to the ground, Hayi jumped to her bed and hugged her favorite snuggly pillow, a huge smile plastered on her face. She reached for her small notebook and turned to the page where the list was, encircled the number two on her list, and drew a semi-circle on the number above.

 

#1 Know new things about him
#2 Check his relationship status

 


a/n:  should I start this note with an apology? I bet so. Sorry it took so long to post this chapter! I've been busy the past few days, blame my friends, they're inviting me to go out! Anyways, after this update the next will also take a while before I post it; why? I don't have internet at home! :((( Anywaysss, I know this was a laaame chapter I don't know why I even posted this one hehehe. Oh, I started an online shop called hangguri on IG and I plan to sell customized tees in the near future. I just hope I won't get lazy and start posting the effing designs huehue. 

Thank you guys for your comments! I love you all~