십오

10 Ways To Get You Back

~ 십오 ~

 

Time flied so fast that it was already thirty minutes before noon and Hayi's classes for this day were done in a snap. Unlike yesterday, there were no quizzes, only lectures that a part of Hayi wanted to sleep already.


As much as it was a great schedule, since she was already done for the rest of the day and could enjoy sleeping at home or doing something much important, Hayi also doesn't like this schedule. She would be bored to death waiting until Suhyun finishes her classes at three before she could shop with her at the nearby mall. She couldn't invite Jinhwan nor Yunhyeong because they have classes too; and Jiwon? Well let's say the Lee Hayi appears to be shy like a turtle hiding inside it's shell around Kim Jiwon.

 

"Ahjumma, I'll have one of this." She said and pointed to the menu board on top. It's lunch time and as much as she was bored, she was really hungry.

 

The cashier punched the Hayi's order and asked her again, "One regular Bibimbap, miss? How about your drinks?"

 

"Uhm, regular coke too." Hayi replied and waited for a few seconds before the old lady handed her order. She looked for an empty space and she was grateful her break was early or else she'll be fighting for a seat inside this kind of large cafeteria.


Finishing her lunch, Hayi walked out of the university's cafeteria and walked towards their usual place: under the maple trees at the center of the three departments.


She sat on the cold bench circling the trunk of the leaves and fished for her phone; it's already noon. Hayi sighed as she dug for her earphones on her knapsack and connected it on her phone. She lied on the cemented bench with her two arms resting on her head and closed her eyes. The maple leaves were falling, the golden color of it radiates through the sun rays, shading her from it. It was that time of the day when people want to nap after eating a delicious lunch.


After a few minutes, someone sat beside Hayi, who was lying on the bench, eyes closed, and ears busy with the now playing music of Maroon 5. He leaned on the trunk and played with the strap of his bag; his business math class was done and so does the pop quiz too. Good thing he listened well to his professor or else he would be dead meat already. He had his lunch at the canteen and was bored so he walked around the university; in which he unexpectedly found a familiar person under the shade of one of the maple trees around the centre— as what they call it.


The playlist was already done playing all of the songs so it stopped; Hayi forgot to put it on repeat so she opened one eye and tapped her phone open. She felt someone beside her head so she looked over and saw someone she wanted to see.


"Hey, may I?" Jiwon asked about sitting beside her when he figured that the lady was already awake.


"Oh, hi." Hayi greeted him and sat properly in an instant. "Of course, of course. Like I have a choice," said she as she referred to his question.


Both of them sat quietly afterwards, a bit awkward it seemed, but both were just testing waters. The falling leaves of autumn just made the university look great even if the janitors have to deal with it afterwards.


"I'm bored." He said crossing his arms with his feet playing with the fallen crisp leaves.


"Me too." Hayi agreed, sighing as she flexes her arms to keep her awake. "I'm done for today and I need to wait for Suhyun, you know."


Jiwon looked at his left, where Hayi was, and grinned. "Wanna go out then?"


Hayi returned the gaze and asked the former: "what about you? You still have class right?"


He shrugged and stood up, "well it's any later than two and a half hours and I've got nothing to do. So... are you in?"


Hayi smirked and stood up as well.


"I guess I have no choice then."

 


The two decided to watch a movie at the old movie house they used to went to; they were elated to see the rugged wall paint and the busted lights of the building they used to watch old movies and sleep on, and it was still on business-- only now that it doesn't sell history movies but also a few latest movies as well. So instead of hitching the cinema at the nearby mall, they agreed to watch the movie here.


The screen was playing the latest and the final movie of the franchise Fast & Furious which was Fast & Furious 7. Both were a fan of the said movie series ever since the it's first installment and were both happy and sad to watch it's very ending. Of course it was very hard for them to accept the death of one of their favorite lead stars but they still waited for this movie to be out in the public.


"Agghh, this movie is sick!" Hayi said as the movie ended with the song 'See You Again' on the background while Dominic Turretto's narration.


"Yeah it is." Jiwon agreed and offered a tissue to the former whose tears were already falling from the movie. Hayi grabbed it and wiped off her cheeks before they exited the place.

 

"Gee thanks." Hayi said and began to rant about how stupid is the whole idea of letting paul walker alive the whole movie yet it was so great that it almost literally broke her heart. "I was seriously waiting for the scene where he'll be killed like those car bomb or the bus on the cliff, but I waited for nothing!"

 

Jiwon only nodded at her comments and commented on a few while they were still on the line waiting for the exit. Even if the building was already old, people still flock here to watch movies; it's cheaper in many ways.


"So what next?" Jiwon asked after they got out, Hayi was still saddened with the way the movie ended though. The feels!


"What? Don't you still have class?" Hayi inquired.


Truthfully, since the movie lasted for about two hours, Jiwon still has thirty more minutes to return to the university and attend his last class; but the university was a bit far and they're here anyway, he'll regret it if he would waste this opportunity. It's only an elective class anyway.


Jiwon shrugged, his shoulders went up and his hands spread, "Nah, I'll pass that class for now. Now where would we go next?"


Hayi nodded as she was left with no other choice. It would also be tiring to go back there and fetch Suhyun who would just rant her about how stupid their professors were and how annoying her classmates were.


In the end, they felt hunger swirling inside their stomachs so Hayi brought Jiwon to Burger King for a quick snack. Both ordered the large burger called Whopper with upsized drinks and fries, and yes, they're not really hungry. Note the overflowing sarcasm.


They were seated beside the restaurant's window, large glass windows allowing the customers to view the busy street across. Hayi looked on the window and saw the street was crowded; even though it was nearing winter, a lot of people walk by the sidelines and seem to be busy, the cars were speeding to and forth, and the leaves of the trees were falling continuously as if it was an effect on a movie.


Hayi, with her head resting on the palm, gazed at the loving scene and noticed that the sky has gotten orange, which made the view a bit hazy.


"Sunset," she mentioned, forgot that she still hasn't finished eating, and her eyes indulged to the heartwarming scenery.


Jiwon heard Hayi and looked at the girl who was staring outside but pouted afterwards. "Aish, the buildings are too high I can't see the sunset!"


Finishing his meal, he took a one last sip on his soda and pulled Hayi outside. The latter kept asking where they will go but stopped talking by the time they reached their destination. After taking the elevator up until the very last floor, they took a flight upstairs and were mesmerized when they saw the breathtaking view as they opened the rooftop's door.


"WOW THIS IS AMAZING!" Hayi screamed as she gazed at the very warming view of Seoul and the sunset.


Jiwon dragged her here at the XY building. He remembered this place where they used to go because Hayi loved the sunset ever since they saw it at the seaside at Jeju-do. Yet they had trouble watching it with a nice view at the Kim's rooftop, and the nearest sea side would be at Incheon but that's far; they soon found out about this place and they came around here every time they could.

 

The owner of this building were common friends with Jiwon's father so it wasn't hard to gain access from the apartment's rooftop where they always used to go every time they thought of seeing the sunset or just talking aside from going at the playground.


Hayi inhaled the sweet mixture of dust, smoke, and fresh air. The sun was a golden ball that was about to hide, the half of its face barely showing, and the sky now with highlights of purple, orange, red, and blue. It was a picture perfect moment, Hayi frowned as she found that her battery's dead so she borrowed Jiwon's phone to take a commemorative photo of their first sunset after many years.


Soon, darkness enveloped the whole sky and the stars twinkled on the night. Today the moon was crescent and the streetlights opened. It was another great picture of Seoul's night life.

 


a/n: okay i know this is a short chapter, i tried my best to lengthen it but i could only do this much. don't worry i'll update tomorrow that's for sure (or maybe later kkkk~) forgive me for i just watched ff7 and gdi the feels! i am an fast and furious kid bec of my father ahahaha :-)

i read all of your comments! i am so happy to read them all! i love you guys~ your comments inspire me (lmao i'm such a feeler XD)