10 Ways To Get You Back


~ 삼 ~

 

"Lee Hayi wow long time no see." Hayi looked up to where the man was, already standing and grinning. How did he know my name? As soon as she saw who the drunken boy was, she immediately stood up and bolted away as far as she can, towards the dance floor where the rest of her friends were.

 

"Huh?" the poor boy was left there frozen and surprised. But since he was drunk, he just set it aside and went to the male's washroom to perhaps vomit.

 

However Hayi wasn't alright. She was running to where Suhyun was dancing with Jinhwan, grabbing her friend's arm without further notice. Jinhwan was shocked and Suhyun shared the same expression too. The latter stopped and shook her hand to remove her friend's tight grip.

 

"What the hell Hayi!??" she shouted as she felt her mind shake. Not good.

 

Hayi sighed; she wanted to exit the auditorium as quickly as possible. "Let's go home now Suhyun." She tried to be calm because bickering with a drunken Suhyun wouldn't be a good choice.

 

"Aniyo! I don't want to." Suhyun pouted as she struggled to get herself walk opposite to the exit gate. Hayi helped her friend stand up when the later fell down.

 

"See, you're already drunk like a madman. Let's go home now, please," she calmly said to persuade to young girl. Come on Suhyun, don't be a ! You're already drunk and we need to go! Those were what Hayi was supposed to be saying but she brushed it off, she doesn't want to make a drunken person angry.

 

Suhyun stood up with the help of Hayi and touched her temples. She's not feeling good. "O-okay," she said. The two of them were about to board the car when Suhyun lost it.

 

"Oh my god Suhyun!!" Hayi quickly went over to where her friend was bent and vomiting. "Ew."

 

It's gonna be a long midnight.

 

*****

 

The sun had risen so soon that Hayi was still fast asleep. Last night was a mess and she was regretful that she decided to join Suhyun on the frosh night. She barely had sleep because she had to take care of her drunken friend, well more like she cleaned all of Suhyun's vomits.

 

She woke up after a heavy leg had hit her torso; the leg was owned by none other than her best friend. She grunted and pushed Suhyun away from her. Eyes still closed, Hayi searched for her phone which was placed on a mini table beside the bed. She peaked at the screen only to see that it was already quarter to ten in the morning; she only had about four hours of sleep. Still sleepy, she got up and did her morning rituals.

 

After she was all set, she went downstairs to have a late breakfast. Her tummy was churning because she hasn’t eaten anything for a dinner last night but a bowl of fish and chips and a few cups of beer.

 

Hayi went straight to the refrigerator to get a carton of milk when she saw her mom hastily putting on a shoe.

 

"Oh mom, you're still here?" she asked her mother who was already done with the first shoe and was putting on the other one. Hayi placed the carton on the kitchen counter as she finished chugging a few.

 

Hayi's mom looked over to where her daughter was and smiled. "Good morning too sunshine. Uh, yes I'm still here and about to be late for my work. Now if you'll excuse me." She got up and carried her hand bag. "I need to go now dear. I prepared a breakfast for the two of you; it's there on the table. You guys need to eat to freshen up your drunken asses," she said as she went outside; her daughter following suit.

 

"But I'm not drunk!" Hayi protested to which her mom just nodded.

 

"Okay, but your friend is." Her mom unlocked the car and before going in the vehicle she said: "Once she gets up make her drink the tea I made for her, it's on the teapot. She should drink that if she doesn't want a head-throbbing day."

 

Hayi smiled; her mother is such a caring person.

 

"Arasso, I will," she said when her mom finally started the engine and drove backwards to get on the road.

 

"And oh, mom?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Suhyun puked on your passenger seat."

 

"LEE HAYI!!"

 

Hayi laughed; her mom's face was priceless. "I'm just kidding mom. Bye!"

 

Her mom's car was nowhere in sight when she decided to go inside the house. She ate the breakfast her mother had prepared-- bacon and eggs with fried rice-- and left some for Suhyun who was still snoring. Afterwards she became bored so she the television and watched Pororo. Yaaay. 

 

Hayi's thoughts went over to the party last night. Jiwon. She saw him last night. He was drunk and was still able to remember her. Silly Hayi, of course he will, it's not like he had amnesia or was stupid enough. But she never saw that coming; she could only laugh at the irony. Of all places they could have met again, he's drunk and she's sober. She had doubts of Jiwon's return, although she only needed a confirmation. And now it's confirmed, Hayi doesn't know how to react.

 

She was too preoccupied with her thoughts that she hasn’t noticed someone walking down the stairs. The now awake Suhyun has her head being run on over and over by a ten-wheeler truck and her empty stomach wasn't helping her case. Perhaps she puked a bit too many for her hunger to be this real.

 

Grunting, she went to the receiving area only to find out that Hayi was watching a new episode of... was that Helli the Helicopter and Poli the Police Car?

 

"Wow, I never thought you still like this stuff." She looked at Hayi whose eyes are glued on the screen. "Poli and friends huh?"

 

She frowned when she got no response from her. Suhyun poked Hayi which made the latter return from wonderland.

 

"Wha-oh, hey you're awake?" Hayi shifted from her previous position she had been on since she started watching.

 

"Uh yes? Haven't you heard what I have said a while ago?" Bet you don't. Suhyun sat down beside Hayi and stared at the screen. She doesn't know why the hell Hayi chose watching this cartoon than watching shows on Mnet or SBS.

 

She looked at Hayi who was watching intently. "How did I get here? I mean, why did I end up here and not on my house?" She wondered. Every time she gets wasted she wakes up at her house, with her mom shouting at her on the background. Well technically that only happened thrice because she often passes out before she even reached home.

 

Hayi pondered on before answering, "ahh it's because when we got to your house, nobody's home. That's why I brought you here." The former just nodded.

 

Minutes after, Suhyun got enough of Poli and her complaining tummy so she went to the kitchen to search for food while Hayi turned the tv off almost immediately.

 

Hayi followed Suhyun on the kitchen and opened the microwave to get the latter's food. "Mom cooked us breakfast. I already ate, here I left some," she said as she placed the plate on the table just as Hayi opened the fridge to pour juice on her glass.

 

"Oh, I almost forgot," Hayi reached for the teapot and scowled because it's still hot. "She also made you a tea. You should drink it to ease your terrible hangover."

 

Suhyun sat down, returned the glass of apple juice on the fridge, and turned to Hayi who had already poured a tea on her cup.

 

"Gee, thanks a lot. I feel like my head's gonna crush any moment. Ugh, this is far worse than taking my physics exam!" she complained before taking a bite. "I really should not have had drunk a lot," she said.

 

"You should have realized that last night before taking in cup after cup. You look like you had drunk a gallon of beer. My, my, what a teenager," Hayi shook her head.

 

"Well that's only because I had a lot fun, not like you," Suhyun mocked and felt a hammer hitting her head. "Ow," she winced.

 

"Ha, so that's fun for you huh. I won't want to drink countless of beer and wake up feeling sick. That's no no," Hayi said as she took a seat across Suhyun. She dropped her elbows on the table and watched her bestfriend munch on the breakfast.

 

"Nice words from someone who drank almost every night whining about her boyfriend, oh sorry, ex-boyfriend who's not showing up." Suhyun was not backing down.

 

Hayi flinched because she didn't see that coming. "What you said was me ages ago, Suhyun. People change and that includes me."

 

It was true though; Hayi changed throughout these past years. She wasn't the meek and very sensitive Hayi who was so weak to every temptation there was. She was now the Lee Hayi: braver, stronger, and bolder. Guess that's just what happens to people who had experienced pain; they change.

 

Suhyun then remembered something, "speaking of your ex, I saw him last night."

 

Hayi exhaled an inaudible sigh, "I know. I bumped into him before I got to you."

 

"So that explains why you're so hasty. I still wanted to stay there!" The former pouted.

 

"I don't know. I'm sorry? I was shocked to see him, more like bump him on my way to fetch you."

 

"So what happened?" Suhyun began to inquire to which her friend only frowned. "Nothing. I just bumped into him; I don't know it was him at first though. I kinda got mad at him because he wasn't watching and then he called my name. I was surprised how a stranger knew me and when I looked to see who he was, I ran away."

 

"Oooh runaway baby," Suhyun commented.

 

"Don't even try," Hayi warned; the former just laughed.

 

"But I don't know why you ran though. Are you still-" before Suhyun even finished her reply, Hayi cut her off.

 

"I wasn't ready to face him okay. And no Suhyun, it's all in the past." Hayi assured Suhyun, and her herself too.

 

Suhyun raised her hands and made a resigning expression. "Okay whatever you say so Hayi." Although I really doubt that you do.

 


a/n: yosh! I finally made it! I am terribly sorry for the delay. This was supposed to be posted last week but I got my laptop repaired. But it is okay now huehue. I'll try to update tomorrow if I can find time. I have no internet connection at home too so my life is hard hahaha. Anywaaays, what can you say about the update? I would like to know! :-)