이십오

10 Ways To Get You Back

이십 ~

 

“Oh god Hana is this really you?”

 

“Long time no see!”

 

“You still look fat. You didn’t lose weight for two years!?”

 

“Do you have something for us... like kangaroo souvenirs or koala stuff?”

 

Jinhwan, Donghyuk, and Yunhyeong circled around the young girl, eyes filled with surprise, glad to finally see her after two long years. It seemed like Suhyun not only contacted Hayi, but the rest of the gang as well. They all rushed to the university’s main lobby upon seeing a spam of ridiculous messages Suhyun has sent. Like Hayi, the three were surprised in seeing a very familiar girl, clad in a trench coat and sneakers.

 

Hana fled to Australia under her aunt’s decision, after graduating at high school, to study at a top university in Sydney. Since she was an orphan, she had no other choice but to follow her aunt’s wish, her aunt was her only guardian after her parents and younger brother died in a car collision. She left Seoul with wet cheeks, sobbing loudly as she was afraid she would not be able to see her friends again.

 

Elated, Hana hugged all of them and chanted ‘I miss you guys’ as she did. Well... except for one.

 

“Ow, what was that for?” Yunhyeong winced in pain as he rubbed the spot on his nape that Hana had hit. Clicking his tongue, he glared at her before hissing, “You three girls are brutal! Why am I even friends with you?”

 

Hana frowned but smiled in satisfaction afterwards. “Ha, that’s for calling me fat. I am not fat! I lost a lot of weight! Don’t you know how hard it is to live in a foreign country?”

 

“Hmm... maybe you’re just missing the delicious jjangmyeon and kimchi,” Jiwon added, making the group burst into fits of laughter.

 

Hana scowled even more at her friend’s joke, but Yunhyeong was quick to lock his arms on her waist, leaving the former flabbergasted and red. “Come on, I missed this belly! You didn’t miss this handsome guy?”

 

“Alright, fellas, shall we eat now? You have no idea how famished I am, I am supposed to be in the canteen at this very moment!” Hayi stomped her feet and rushed outside of the university, the others following suit, chuckling at the other’s behavior. She must have been pissed a while ago, all of them thought.

 

The gang chose to eat at a noodle eatery just a few blocks away from their university. They treated Hana with bowls of different scrumptious Korean noodle dishes, making the latter jump in glee as she slurped most of the noodles in a swift move. How she missed the authentic Korean cuisine! The rest of the time the table was filled with stories, catching-up chatters, and laughter.

 

~~~~~

 

Different from the rest of his friends, Jiwon was patiently waiting at the arrival section of the Gimpo airport, hands sweaty, heart racing, and mind running with senseless thoughts. He has been waiting here for about two hours now. His stomach grumbling noisily, he has not eaten lunch since he received a message from his mother. He was just out of his first period when his phone vibrated; he opened the message and regretted doing so. Evident in his mother’s words was mixed feelings of hopefulness and agitation.

 

Mom: Hi son, how are you doing? I’m hope you’re doing fine. We’re all right here, don’t worry. There has been a snowstorm, but it’s nothing terrible. Oh, by the way, your brother’s on his way to Seoul. He insisted to manage the business there since we assumed it’s pretty hard to juggle two responsibilities at the same time. Can you meet him at the airport? I hope you two get along well, and have fun. We miss you so much! Send replies to Jen often! I love you.

 

He rushed to the airport almost immediately, afraid to miss his brother’s arrival. He was stuck in a traffic jam when he received Suhyun’s series of messages. Chuckling despite the nervousness he has been feeling, he tapped reply.

 

Jiwon: I’m sorry. I can’t go there. What’s up?

 

Suhyun: Omg why? Secret!!! You’re missing the best surprise of January! :p

 

Jiwon: I’m pretty busy TTTT alright have fun without me...

 

 

 

Five hours passed, the screen showing the flight schedules blinked and refreshed its details. Jiwon stood up almost instantly as he saw his brother’s flight number flashing on the screen. He went towards the arrival area and looked for a familiar face. He’s face lit up as he recognize his brother.

 

“Hyung! Jinwoo hyung!” Jiwon beckoned, waving his hands up for his brother to notice. Kim Jinwoo, his brother, saw his little brother and breathed a sigh; he went to where the other was, pushing a cart full of his belongings.

 

“What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at your class?” Jinwoo chided, not sparing his brother a glance. Jiwon chuckles lowly, scratching the nonexistent itch on the back of his head. The latter insisted on pushing the other’s cart as they head to the parking lot where his car was parked. He threw the stuff on the back as his brother rode on the shotgun.

 

The ride on the way home was eerily quiet. Jiwon’s eyes were fixed on the road, which does not look interesting at all, while Jinwoo was busy typing on his phone, texting someone about business matters. No one bothered taking the initiative to start a casual conversation; the older seemed uninterested to do so while the younger was contemplating about it. The traffic was not helping at all. Cars were lined up as if the road’s a huge parking lot; unlucky, they happened to drive home at rush-hour, when everybody’s going home from work as well. Pressing his honk twice, he inhaled heavily and massaged his temple. In this situation, he has been left with no other choice but to talk to his brother to pass the time.

 

Nervous, his hands gripped the car’s steering wheel. “L-long time no see, hyung. How are you? It’s been a long flight hasn’t it?” Jiwon faked a faint chuckle. Biting his lip, he glanced at his brother who doesn’t return the gaze.

 

“Well I’m glad you know how long the flight has been and it wouldn’t help if you add up to my stress. Just... just drive well and get us out of this traffic jam,” Jinwoo replied crudely, shutting the conversation to an end. Jiwon nodded and set his eyes on the road. It’s going to be a long night.

 

~~~~~

 

“Here’s for you Hayi-ah! Did you like it?”

 

Meanwhile, the girls were at Hayi’s house. After having their lunch reunion, Suhyun asked if where Hana would go next, the latter pouted and admitted that she has been staying at a hotel since she had reached Seoul last night. Immediately, Hayi offered the other to stay at her house for the mean time. Hana did not want it, but Hayi insisted, she can stay at the latter’s house until she can find a comfortable apartment to rent. Now, Hayi’s room was usually louder than it was before when it was only Suhyun around.

 

Hayi grabbed the pastel-colored paper bag and opened it, frowning as she revealed Hana’s gift for her. A simple but cute white-collared red dress that flow just right above her knee welcomed everyone’s sight. Suhyun was quick to steal from the older and chatter about how the dress was nothing but perfect for her best friend. Hayi pursed her lips and looked at Hana, who was smiling at her.

 

“Seriously Hana, I thought you love me!” Hayi whined, pounding her fist at her beloved Rilakkuma stuff toy. If anything, she realized she has been receiving a lot of girly stuff recently. Not that she does not like those at all, but those things just do not suit her!

 

The other two laughed at her priceless reaction, taking a few minutes to calm down. Suhyun stood up and faced the mirror, looking at the dress and swaying around, she said, “Seriously my friend, if you want to get Jiwon back, you must... at least try doing these things. He would not come back like a loyal dog he was before! Things are different now, Hayi. I really noticed you are not doing much to get him back. What if someone just passes by and steals him away? I don’t think you would want that.”

 

Hayi grabbed the Rilakkuma toy she has been abusing a while ago and hugged it tightly, sinking her face to its fluffy belly. Hayi knew Suhyun was right, she always is. Well, actually just most of the time. If she does not do any action to make him hers again, nothing would happen.

 

Just like that, the before noise-filled room has turned to a dissonantly silent library-like bedroom. That was until someone, who is clueless about what is going on, broke the silence.

 

“Err... anybody enlighten me? What’s up with ‘if you want to get Jiwon back’? Is that Jiwon... the Kim Jiwon we all know, or no? Answer me please,” Hana begged, curious about what’s happening. She has been out of the radar for two years, she still communicated with them through various social networking sites but why is not she aware of this?

 

Suhyun coughed and smiled apologetically. “Oops, sorry about that. Hayi just needs some slap on her face sometimes. Oh, haven’t we told you? Jiwon-nie came back during the first semester last year! He wasn’t with us a while ago because he said he’s quite busy,” Suhyun said and whispered, “Even that I know, while someone here doesn’t even texted him.” This made Hayi flinch and Suhyun giggle.

 

“Anywaaays...”

 

Suhyun began to tell Hana about what the latter has been missing, about Hayi and her plan to perhaps get Jiwon back. The former even showed the notebook, which contains Hayi’s written ten-step plan to achieve her plan. Hana could not help but to burst out laughing, holding her stomach as she tried to catch her breath. She found it very amusing that the hardheaded Lee Hayi that she knew would resort to this kind of... objective.

 

Meanwhile, Hayi—whom they were talking about—was hiding her embarrassment from the two, her ears flushed and her hands gripping Rilakkuma’s bottom tightly. She already knew its plain stupid, yeah, she’s really stupid to be this desperate but if you love someone you must be willing to be irrational at some point.

 

Hana stopped laughing and cleared . If there is something that she knows about her friend is that she would not do this if she does not really want it. And as Hayi’s friend, she cannot do any better but to help her succeed. After all, that is what friends are for, right?

 


a/n: ALRIGHTTTTT HI AMAZING PEOPLE! Winner is back omg I am so happy so much happy like **goes away, wipes tears, and blows nose* HAHAHAHA anywaysss, I've updated like promised! I'll update the next chapter in a while- I'm currently in the middle of writing it.

Let me know what do you think about this chapter~ a subscription or even an upvote will be highly appreaciated!  

here's a cute jang hana for ya'll <3