십사

10 Ways To Get You Back

~ 십사 ~

 

"Urimanya."


He said with a soft and calm voice.


"Oh... Yunhyeong."


She looked up and saw his friend who was cad in a navy blue coat, decent graphic-printed shirt and fitted jeans. A little bit surprised, Hayi greeted Yunhyeong who was wearing a smile and tapped the swing beside her for him to sit, the latter obliged.


Inhaling the enthralling scent of the air, Yunhyeong mustered a deep sigh. "I'm surprised to see you here again. It's been a long time, hasn't it?"


Yeah, it has been really a long time. The park has improved; the playground has more attractions, it became larger, the old trees were still hanging there, although some were already cut down due to some unknown reasons, the flowers from before weren't there anymore, it's either the people had picked every single bloom or it had began to wither, it's fall anyway, the benches were still the same, it was painted from black to white and gold, and there were also vendo stations at the side, it wasn't there before.


"Neh, a lot has changed."


Yunhyeong gripped on the chains of the swing and swung slowly, it has been years since he last rode a swing and it felt very nostalgic.


"You know..." He said, opening up a conversation. "We used to play here when we were still kids, do you remember?"


"Yeah."


"You also loved putting up fights to those who steal your spot here in your precious swing." He chuckled, reminiscing that very moment when they were young and spending time at the playground whenever both of their mothers were busy shopping at the shopping district near the park.


"Yah! I don't!" Hayi defended herself with Yunhyeong's accusation. "I just don't like it when they use the swing."


"Okay, okay. You were so possessive that you even named the swing 'yours'. See?" Yunhyeong went over where Hayi was sitting, and pointed something underneath the swing. There was a scribble, probably written using a marker with a blue tint, and it read 'Lee Hayi's swing. Don't you dare sit on this!'


Both laughed as they saw the written threat by a little girl years ago. Hayi was already badass ever since, up until now.


"Yah! I forgot I even did this silly stuff." Hayi said, wiping the tears off her eyes from laughing too much.


"Bet you really did, this park was like the Lee Hayi's territory before. Remember?"


"And you were the king playboy, oh yes I do remember." Hayi stated, brow arched up and lips formed a smirk.


Yunhyeong coolly brushed off his sleeves as if there were really dust present and shrugged like it was the most amazing thing he could do. "Well I can't help it. I'm still a kid but I'm overflowing with charms."


Hayi acted like she was disgusted with Yunhyeong's proud statement, plus the wink. "Oh please, we all know that you were born flirt. Yeah?"


"Yah! My mom said I was born to be a handsome and cool namja." Yunhyeong replied with his arms crossed.


"Very well, why are you here anyway? It would be impossible if you just went here without a particular reason." Hayi said with a smug look on his face.


Yunhyeong then remembered his purpose and opened his phone. There were three missed calls. "Oh ."


"What?"


He returned the phone in his pocket and shook his head. "Nothing, I just forgot I have a suppose date 30 minutes ago." He stood up and looked at Hayi, "let's go?"


"Bwoyah! So you're standing up on your date? You're so rude, don't you know that!?" Hayi said; she could not believe his friend.


Yunhyeong grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the park. "I'm not. I'm just not really in the mood to date right now. And for pete's sake, she' so clingy! She even invited me to her place after we had fun at the bar, she thought we'll be doing something but I just slept all night and left her hanging."


"Oww... right, we should go." Hayi now walked side to side with the latter. "But where are we going anyway?"


Yunhyeong shrugged, "anywhere possible. We're great at that right?"


In the end, the two managed to discover a burger shack; they only found the place when they were walking around the unfamiliar streets of Seoul. It sold delicious mini burgers and fries, both of them had numerous servings of each. Yunhyeong also bought a new mobile card just because she wanted to avoid the clingy girl who has been calling and texting him for hours; he swore to himself to never flirt with those kinds of girls again. Hayi just laughed at her poor little playboy friend. And after the joyous food trip, Hayi pulled Yunhyeong inside a karaoke bar where they rented a room and sang their hearts out until late night; they have really nice voices that they almost considered joining The Voice when they were bored years ago.


*****


The room was a bit colder than the usual, the students were quiet, eyes all darted on their desks, busy reading and writing the answers on the sheet of paper; others have already given up and took a good nap. The professor was roaming around the aisles of the classroom; the poor students could not dare look sideward for they were afraid of being caught by the old man. Scribbles, turning of pages, and the squeaking sound of eraser were all audible and neither voice nor a whisper could be heard.


Hayi was busy reading the 67th question of the exam when someone poked her from her right, the professor had just past the second aisle where Donghyuk was and far from the fifth aisle where Hayi and the poking man was seated.


She looked sideways and glared at the man beside him, her eyes showing a 'what the fak are you doing you are disturbing me' look.


The poor man, who was unfortunately Goo Junhoe-- a friend of hers too, looked at her with a pitiful gaze, his lips pouting, giving an expression of 'hello my dear friend could you lend me a hand and give me an answer I need help'.


Hayi rolled her eyes and mouthed a heavy 'NO' and resumed answering the exams. The poor Junhoe was left with no choice but to showcase his eagle of an eye and roamed his gaze around the seats beside him, he continued answering and smelled the scent of victory ahead.


After a good few minutes, a rugged voice echoed around the quiet room which was followed by a number of moans and complains by the students.


"Okay, pass your papers now. Ten, nine, eight, seven..."


Hayi was in no way of finishing the entire exam. She had trouble with a question and it took her a while before advancing onto the next which caused her to leave the next items blank since it was already time. She cowered at the thought the she could make it on the passing grade if the 90 items she had answered were all correct from the 150 item quiz. Yep, that was a quiz from their Med 122 professor.


She looked around a saw Donghyuk grinning from ear to ear and approaching the exit door as if the test was just a piece of cake. She sighed; well he's a born genius anyway so that wasn't surprising.


"Yo." A deep sassy voice greeted her and she looked up only to see Junhoe also grinning, his arms folded and bag sling on his back.


"What?" She asked, a bit pissed. If not for him, she wouldn't be disturbed and she could probably answer more items.


"It's okay. Sometimes when someone needs help you should help them at all cost, because you know karma is a ." He said and left, leaving Hayi astounded and 
really pissed.


"YAH! GOO JUNHOE! YOU COPYCAT!!"


Before Hayi could curse the young man more, her phone began to ring; the screen showed Jiwon's caller id. She immediately answered.


"Yoboseyo?"


"Hey Hayi, uhm, you are done with your classes right?" He asked and it was followed by a 'yep' from Hayi. It was really draining that they have three consecutive quizzes today and two of it was from her majors. Plus, she still has a shift on the coffee shop. Manager Lee said she needed employees today since Minzy got a bad fall from the stockroom and she need to aid the latter.


"I was just, uhm, wondering... if, uhm..." Jiwon kept stammering, he was nervous as hell and his pulse rate was high.


"What is it?" Hayi inquired, growing a bit impatient even if it was Jiwon; the girl still needed to go at work, dude.


"N-nothing, nothing at all. Okay, take care. Bye." And the phone call ended. Hayi looked at the screen, surprised at the last call. What was that? Jiwon was weird, she thought.


Since she was already vacant and had nothing to worry about after that brain wrecking classes, Hayi went to the coffee shop to help out. Only the three of them were there to work since some still has classes while Chaerin and Minzy were out at the hospital.


So Hayi was tasked to man the cashier while Mino will be helping Taehyun on the mixing and serving the orders; the latter was just as pissed as Hayi was before because Mino was very irritating, the tan man kept on asking about 'how do you do that', 'is this correct', and even committing mistake after mistake. He has no choice though, whether he liked it or not, at least two people should be the barista and Mino could do the job; which was a lot better than having the older be assigned at the cashier, everyone already knew how much of a trouble Mino was at punching orders.


"Two cups of Dark Chocoffee venti and one espresso!"


Fortunately, there wasn't a flock of customers who came and no problems also aroused throughout the shift. The two girls came back after a few hours and manager Lee promised to give those three a bonus. The shift ended soon and all were really grateful the time finally came; the happiest of all was technically Taehyun who kept his temper and avoided shouting at Mino at all cost for 1) the customers might hear it, 2) he doesn't want to strain his voice, 3) the coffee might get affected. Being a sunbae doesn't belong to those reasons though, for Taehyun completely sees Mino as a 10 year old boy stuck in a body of a muscular and handsome 22 year old student.


Hayi got home after a while and immediately slumped on the bed. What a very stressing day, she could only conclude. Good thing she only has two subjects tomorrow and before lunch, she's already done.


She get up to wash herself before going to sleep. Lying on the bed, it has become a habit to check her phone before sleeping. She unlocked the screen and saw two messages: one was just a random spam message telling her that she won 10,000,000 won, like that would ever happen, and the other was from Jiwon.


'Classes end before noon?' was all it read. Hayi was surprised he knew that; or maybe he was just asking because there was a question mark too.


She replied with a simple yes and why and Jiwon replied almost instantly.


Jiwon: I was wo


"I was wo what?" Hayi read out loud. The reply made no sense and even if it seemed like it was a code or something, she was too tired to figure that out tonight.


Jiwon replied again in a matter of seconds before Hayi could even ask her what the hell does he meant by that.


Jiwon: Sorry~ I accidentally sent that before even finishing.


Hayi was about to type 'it's okay, what do you mean by that though' yet there was a continuous beep from her phone.


Jiwon: That was nothing though.


Jiwon: Don't over think it.


Jiwon: I know you. kkk~


Jiwon: You should sleep early more often.


Jiwon: Good night!! <(*u*)y


Hayi scoffed, yep Jiwon is weird, a cute weirdo though. He was using emoticons and she found that cute and giggled like a high school who just received a text from her crush.


"Ah bwoyah!" She threw her phone beside her, hugged the pillow and squirmed. She was squealing for a minute before she calmed herself and replied.


Hayi: Arasso, I'll sleep now. You should too you know. You're eyes have dark circles and you look ugly. kkkk~ Q(^o^Q)


Hayi: Good night~


And it was a real good night's sleep to Lee Hayi with very sweet dreams.


a/n: hello lovely people! i just finished this chapter today and i figured i should upload it already since i don't want all of you to be sad. will this be enough? huehue. anyway, what can you say about the last chapter? man, it totally broke my heart while i was writing that one with touch love by yon mirae on the background hahaha!

tell me what your thoughts are. i love to hear them all~ <3