10 Ways To Get You Back

~ 십 ~


The next day, the two best friends spent their day inside Hayi's room. Suhyun thought of teaching Hayi the basics of taking good care of the skin, especially the face, since they do not have classes today. She even taught of how to properly cleanse, moisturize and tone the face, and when would be the best time of the day to do it. Hayi, like a good student she was, listened to her professor for the day Suhyun and even practiced the three.

 

"What's with that?" Hayi asked, referring to the video Suhyun clicked on Youtube. The basics lesson was already done and the latter got her friend's laptop which was being used by Hayi, with a bunch of tabs opened. What are the tabs? Well, more of those were google search results about Lee Jong Suk and cosmetics. Suhyun, being the very reliable friend, closed all of the tabs and opened Youtube to which the older yelled at her.

 

"This, my friend is a youtube video." She replied and Hayi only gave the looks of 'cut it, I'm not that stupid.' She hit play after the video was loaded and the screen showed a girl giving a make-up tutorial.

 

"Since you bought a few make-up necessities, which I know you knew what are what because I know you're not that dumb, I thought to show you this." Suhyun proudly said.

 

"You're teaching me how to use make-up? I don't have time to do that every day." Hayi crossed her arms, contesting to what's about to come. Not that she disliked the whole idea of make-up and beautification, but the thought of her having color on her face seemed a bit fake, not Hayi.

 

Suhyun shrugged, obviously not buying her friend's excuse. "Well then make time for it! It's about time you enhance your, okay I'll admit, pretty face."

 

She got the paper bag inside the cabinet and placed the contents on the bed. "Now, let's watch the video and perform the tutorial later on, arachi?"

 

Hayi didn't nod but like she had a choice. So in the end the two finished the twelve minute video of a girl doing her everyday look make-up with her voice on the background. She could not believe how skilled the girl was, she was doing her make-up all by herself! The only thing Hayi could do best by herself was eating and cooking.

 

"Okay that's the end of it!" Suhyun said as she closed the laptop and placed on the bedside table. She stood up and went towards the vanity mirror where a seat was placed in front of it. She signaled the other to follow suit and Hayi did.

 

As Hayi sat on the chair, Suhyun began to gather the stuffs she had spread on the bed a while ago and put all of those on the table where the mirror was. 

 

"Cha, let's start!" She clapped her hands and opted to get the concealer when a hand interrupted her.

 

"Start what?" Hayi looked at her with inquisitive eyes. Although she had a hunch, she shrugged it off; her friend wouldn't be too mean to even make her try that make-up right?

 

Of course she was wrong. 

 

Suhyun finally got the foundation, opened it and patted the sponge gently on the powder. "A makeover of course you silly," she said and began to attack Hayi's face without the other's consent.

 

Minutes passed with brushes and sponges spreading across the face of Hayi. Suhyun was so into teaching Hayi how to do her 'fresh look' everyday so that her friend will be at least more presentable. She even taught how to properly apply the eyeliner without smudging on the eyes and how to blend the whole make-up well so that it would not look chapped. Even the other was also interested, she listened well and applied every instruction Suhyun said. Finally Hayi has obtained the basic knowledge of being a girl.

 

"And then add the lip balm on your lips and viola! Hayi is now a girl!" Suhyun turned Hayi around for the latter to see her reflection through the mirror. Clapping her hands in delight, Suhyun nodded very proud of her accomplishment. These times she needed to help her friend realize her beauty and flaunt it.

 

Hayi's mouthed was left opened, surprised from her sudden change. It wasn't as if Suhyun used heavy make-ups, she only used face powder, eyeliner and lip balm, though she also taught Hayi how to do those evening looks because you never know when would you need them at least she's prepared, but the effect of those little things on Hayi was gorgeous. It wasn't like she became different but it just revealed her inner beauty that was left hidden on the 19 years of her existence.

 

"You're very welcome my dear bff," Suhyun butted in when her friend still had agape. "Now why don't we celebrate because you've finally changed, yes?"

 

Hayi finally snapped back from the real world after staring at herself for minutes while the former went to the bathroom to change clothes.

 

"Say you only miss the alcohol, am I right or am I right?" Hayi asked, mocking Suhyun who was now done changing to a comfortable skin tight jeans and oversized white shirt with a cheetah print in front. The latter just rolled her eyes and sang 'whatever' like those on the operas. The former also began to change into her version of comfortable clothes and those were: baggy pants and dull colored shirt. Suhyun saw what Hayi was about to wear and she stopped her before Hayi could even wear it.

 

"Hep hep, what the heck are those?" asked Suhyun, pointing at the outfit the other was holding.

 

Hayi looked confused at the sudden action of Suhyun. She asked what was wrong and even showed to the other the cyan six pockets pants and orange blouse with a lot of ruffles. The other almost hyperventilated with the overflowing innocence of her best friend. 

 

"Oh my god, you know you are not really ugly, you just make yourself look like one. Just, oh dear lord why do you even wear these? This is so decades ago!" Suhyun cried and tossed away the pieces of cloth that Hayi held. She went to her closet (yes she has her own closet in Hayi's house) and fished for an outfit. In the end she made Hayi wear a crop top and a black skater skirt. Good thing Hayi owns a nice pair of hidden wedge shoes or else Suhyun would really summon the heavens to get her best friend.

 

Hayi was left stunned; she thought her fashion sense was okay. She had been wearing those kinds of outfits since god knows when and no one ever confronted her that it , not even her mom. She was used to wear those because she felt like she's being too girly if she wore dresses, skirts and shorts whenever she went out because she thought that those weren't meant for her, those were just for girls who were very gifted with a beautiful face and body they can be proud of. She's not like that, she has a family of acnes spurting everywhere possible on her face, and she does not have a blessed 36-26-36 bikini body. Long story short, Hayi's not confident of herself.

 

Suhyun went beside Hayi who was sitting on the edge of the bed, curiosity and hurt evident on the latter's face. She sighed; perhaps she had been too much. She was a style freak but she never bothered Hayi upon befriending her but it seemed like she got away with all the makeover and stuff.

 

She lifted Hayi's chin up and faced her. She smiled.


"You know friend, you are pretty. You have a very charming face that looks very mystique. You're not fat, not chubby, not skinny nor y, but you have a nice body compared to those s who show off their asses but look like sticks. You should be confident about yourself, but I don't mean that I allow you to wear those 'old' clothes just because you're comfortable that way. You are still young and you should get out of that freaking comfort zone you had been in since I met you. I know you're older than me but I guess I need to teach you a lesson: don't mind what others think of you because you do not live to please them. Alright? Let's go!!!"

 

Suhyun got away downstairs fast, kind of embarrassed because she just had a sermon like speech to her best friend who was very unusual of her, but she shrugged, sometimes no matter how corny it seemed it is still needed.

 

Meanwhile Hayi was absorbing the lengthy message of Suhyun and as she finally did, a smile etched across her pink lips.

 

"Aish that girl."

 

*****

 

"Hyung!"

 

A tall boy who has tons of rolled papers on hand approached him. He was just done from his second to the last class today and good thing the professor allowed them to have free time since the latter herself was busy accomplishing something too.

 

He looked at where the voice came from and immediately gave a high five to the younger who was now in front of him.

 

"Yo Chanwoo-ah! So how was it?" He asked, waiting for the answer of the taller boy who was Jung Chanwoo, a freshman Marketing student.

 

Chanwoo grinned, "it was a success hyung! Min sajangnim said my presentation was daebak!"

 

The other smirked and patted Chanwoo's head, although it was a bit difficult considering their height difference. "Of course, it was amazing because of me."

 

"Yeah! Komawo Jiwon hyung. You're really the best!"

 

Chanwoo thanked Jiwon and left, he has another appointment right after his advertising class and only dropped by to say his gratefulness to his so called brother in this university for his great help in the midst of Chanwoo getting so worked up about his presentation ideas.

 

Jiwon, on the other hand, went to the opposite direction for his final class. Right before he entered the air conditioned auditorium his phone rang.

 

"Yeoboseyo? Oh, omma!" 

 

He immediately said after hearing her mother's voice through the call. His mother was left on the states together with the rest of his family and he was all alone here, well except for his cousin who lived with him but was also busy finishing his academics since he's a graduating Theatre Arts student. Nonetheless he was a loner yet he understood why he was although it was really difficult, no home cooked meals and people to talk to after a day's worth of studying, plus the pressure of inheriting the right to manage the business.

 

"Omo my son! How are you there? Are you alright? Do you eat well? How's school? Oh dear I really miss you so much!" Her mother cried out. It has been a month or two since he arrived here and her mother never forgot to call him thrice a week or daily if possible.

 

Jiwon could not help it but to smile, water started to form in his eyes and he struggled for the tears to not fall because there are a few students walking on the corridors where he was at. So he found a spot near a mapple tree where nobody was so he wouldn't be seen.

 

"O umma naneun gwenchana." He said and a tear dropped to his cheeks, he rubbed it off in an instant. "How are you and aboji there? Do hyung visit you often?"

 

"Yes we're fine. You should worry about yourself more okay?" Her mother softly said. He heard muffled voices on the other line, perhaps it's his father and brother who were talking on the background. 

 

"Ask Jiwon if he's taking care of the stores too." A soft yet stern voice echoed through the phone, his hyung was the one who said that but he heard his father scold the other.

 

"Yah, he is still studying. Why don't you fly there and manage it yourself?" His father said and he could not understand what his hyung replied. Meanwhile his mother was still talking about the past few days and how his father almost got caught by the police for over speeding, he heard his father shout that he was not over speeding; the car was just built to be fast.

 

He chuckled at the give and take responses the couple said to each other but afterwards he cleared his throat and said goodbye on the other line.

 

"Umma, I need to go. I still have a class. Take care arachi? I miss you so much."

 

"O uri adil, do well on your studies and avoid getting drunk and playing with girls or else Jen will be mad." His mother said before the line was cut. Jiwon sighed and went back to the auditorium. The class had already begun a couple of minutes ago and he just sneeked in for the professor to not notice.

 

 

 


Finally the class had ended; Jiwon packed his stuffs and went out after doing so. He tried to visit the other buildings in search for his friend, scratch that; he wanted to see where Hayi was. Well he wanted to see her since he have been busy the past few days.

 

Since the Business Administration building was a bit far from the Medicine department, Jiwon needed to pass by several hallways before reaching the building where Hayi's college was at. And because of that, he had people mostly girls saw him and talked about him; he's quite a celebrity in here.

 

"Omo omo what is Jiwon oppa doing here?"

"Duh of course he will visit me."

"Woah I have seen him plenty of times already but he's still handsome!!"

"Tell me about that, he's freaking H O T."

 

To be very honest, he never liked whenever people talk about him especially those who act as if they were just whispering by themselves but were actually saying like they have a megaphone on hand. Plus, he never considered himself to be very handsome and hot as what they call him. Maybe, about twenty to fifty percent he believed that he was a daebak namja but that's it, he was not the type either to flaunt his appeal just most of the guys were doing. He's just being himself; perhaps that's why most of the school population adores him while the other doesn't like him.

 

But he of course took time to fix himself, it was like an unwritten rule to all of the people: to at least make themselves presentable yet not forgetting to be comfortable about it. Because he believed that if a person was not comfortable of what he does or wears, he wasn't being himself.

 

He already had arrived at the Medicine building and had waited for a good ten minutes but no Lee Hayi showed up on neither the hallways nor the corridors of some sorts. Maybe she still has a class, he thought to himself. Ah Kim Jiwon non michoseo, what are you doing and waiting here?

 

Jiwon doesn't want to text Hayi because he thought that the girl might think of something else. He only wanted friendship. Right?

 

"Jiwon?"

 

He looked beside him and saw two guys looking at him. Standing up, he greeted his two friends.

 

"Oh hyung! Hey, Donghyukie!" He fist-bumped the two and shared a good laugh before sitting down on the bench where Jiwon was waiting for the past half an hour already.

 

"Why are you here? Your department is far away from here I suppose." Jinhwan asked, surprised to see his friend on their place.

 

"I was waiting for someone." Jiwon shrugged and the two asked who it was.

 

"Just someone I want to meet," said Jiwon and noticed someone missing. "Yunhyeong eodi?"

 

"Ey hyung was hitting on new girl what's new?" The youngest said as if he said the most repetitive news ever.

 

Jiwon nodded while Jinhwan remembered something.

 

"Yah, since we bumped each other and this is new, should we head over somewhere?" The older asked, his brows arching up and down as if noting a message.

 

*****

 

Strobe lights, loud music and a crowd of people filled the club a few kilometers from the university. It's already late in the night and more and more people were entering the said premise. Girls wearing micro mini shorts and guys enjoying the view were normal. The mixed scent of alcohol and smoke enveloped the entire surrounding. Bodies grinding on the dance floor, group of friends having fun drinking and people who were just finding something to pass time were the entire population was.

 

"Ahh, this is nice, very very nice. Don't you think Hayi? After weeks of studying it's really good to at least congratulate our hard works with a night like this. Gaja gaja!"

 

Suhyun said as she went straight to the bar counter and ordered a drink from the bartender who already knew her because she had became a regular. Not regular as in she went on a daily basis but perhaps the bartender just had a sharp memory.

 

Hayi followed suit, her hands still cringing on the skirt and hiding her skin from the crop top. She was used to this environment too though it would be the first time she's be clad like one of those girls around, but much less ty than that of course.

 

The two had their drinks and talked about anything under the sun. They haven't talked like they used to ever since the semester started; blame all the academics and hectic schedules they both had.

 

"And I have this classmate who was obviously eyeing Jinhwannie oppa and clings on to him whenever possible. Ugh, I swear I could straddle her and shave her freaking pigtails!" Suhyun shouted as she gulped on her third glass. Even though she was the one who always got drunk between them, she has a high alcohol tolerance and would take ten more shots before her vision starts to turn hazy.

 

Hayi gulped on her own, it's her fourth and she's not really used to drinking much since she's the capable one. Chuckling, she suggested her best friend, "then you should have done it when you have a chance! She's stealing your oppa and that's very very bad."

 

Suhyun glared at the girl beside her. "Yah! He's not my oppa arachi? That girl is just frustrating!"

 

Hayi then finished her shot and planned to not take more since she doesn't know what would happen to her next, not until she saw a figure of three familiar guys walking towards them, the bar counter to be precise.

 

"Hmm.. speaking of," said Hayi and called the bartender to make her another glass. Suhyun looked confused at first but when someone approached her she almost splurted the drink inside to Hayi who was in front of her in surprise.

 

"Woah, annyeong girls." It was Jinhwan who greeted them first. He was beside Jiwon and Donghyuk who also greeted the two. Hayi was courteous enough to greet the three back unlike Suhyun who was still flabbergasted with the current situation.

 

"Yo Lee Suhyun are you still with us? Have you drank too much already? Yah, you aren't waiting for me huh." Jinhwan said and sat beside Suhyun who was still not ackowledging his presence but took notice of the other two and greeted them. He only shrugged and ordered for the three of them.

 

Meanwhile, Jiwon went to Hayi and accepted the girl's toast. 

 

"Why are you here? You didn't had any classes today?"

 

Hayi was kind of taken aback by the sudden question of Jiwon, but chugged a few of the alcohol to recover her flushed face.

 

"We wanted to celebrate. I'm finally a girl! Look, do you see anything new?" She said and stood up to show her outfit to him. Jiwon smiled and complimented her efforts and Hayi thanked him for it. Okay, maybe this get up was nice after all.

 

"And by the way, why do you ask? Suhyun and I didn't have any classes today. Day-off."

 

Jiwon nodded; so he waited for nothing? Oh well it was also worth the wait since he got seen by the two and if not for that he wouldn't even think of clubbing tonight.

 

And speaking of the two, Donghyuk was already out on the dance floor having the time of his life while Jinhwan was still beside Suhyun, who wasn't responding to any of the boy's questions.

 

"Oh is that so? Mm, that's why I haven't seen you on the university a while ago." He said casually and drank the rest of his beer.

 

Hayi didn't know what to say, she deciphered a deeper meaning behind Jiwon's reason. Of course he wouldn't see me because his classes are few buildings away from mine if I had classes, well that could only mean he... Hayi cut off her thoughts as it was going delusional again. Of course Jiwon wouldn't do that, he wouldn't waait for her because he was a busy person. Right?

 

The two shared mountless off conversations with drinks. Jiwon had already stopped on his third bottle in fear that he would get drunk like the last time, while Hayi was clueless and still ordered five more cups of vodka.

 

"Eyy that's Yunhyeongie! Yooo yunyun!" Hayi shouted out loud when he saw her friend standing beside the rails and busy flirting with a girl he just met a few minutes ago. Although her shout wasn't as loud as the music was, Jiwon heard her and saw that the other had already approached Yunhyeong.

 

He could only hiss. So that's where Yunhyeong was.

 

Meanwhile Hayi had approached the latter and showed him her outfit. Yunhyeong chuckled and teased Hayi because of her change. In return, Yunhyeong received a slap on his arm and Hayi walked out. She only wasted her effort of approaching him with her current situation.

 

Grudging, Hayi decided on going to the dance floor below to dance her rage with Yunhyeong. She was hell dizzy but she shrugged; if she stopped moving she would only lose her balance. So Hayi danced and mingled with other people on the club.

 

Sorry but no, there wouldn't be an action scene like those found on dramas where the girl gets assaulted by a drunk man and the boy would rescue her and would beat the poor man until he collapses.

 

Suhyun found that her friend was holding tight on the pole and laughing like an idiot. She hissed and went to where her friend wasbut a hand interrupted her. It was Jinhwan's and he badly wanted to talk to her. He said they are still sober so they could still manage to have a decent conversation, which left Suhyun no choice but to follow him out of the club. But before doing so, she went to Jiwon and asked him a favor:

 

"Jiwon-ssi, Hayi is already drunk and is looking like an idiot on the dance floor. Could you please take her home? I need to go somewhere. Mianhe."

 

Jiwon could not ask Suhyun why because the latter had already left. It looked ugrent so Jiwon stood up and fetched Hayi who was sprawling and complaining about the earth rotating so fast.

 

"T-the, woaahhh I feel like driving do fast! Daeebaak."

 

Jiwon helped her stand up and when Hayi was reluctant after seeing Jiwon, the latter carried her like a sack of rice.

 

"Yah! Yah! Amazingg, the earth has turned 180 degrees!"

 

"Oy, stop blabbering you're already drunk aish."

 

It was a bad timing; he just got his car to the repair shop. He dropped Hayi down and piggy back ride her so that she would shut up telling that the world wa upside down. He was supposed to call for a taxi but there was none on the road, so he had no choice but to carry her all the way home. Hayi complained she would throw up any minute and so Jiwon let Hayi finish her business before carrying her again.

 

"J-jiwon?" Hayi called, her voice shaky because of drinking too much alcohol.

 

"Mm?" Jiwon replied and he felt someone snuggled him from behind.

 

"Bogoshipoyeo."

 


a/n: I will update weekly because I only go online once a week. :(( Sorry if it took too long. But this is a lengthy chapter right? So what can you say guys? Hehehehehehe I love you all~

#GoManny! lmao