십칠

10 Ways To Get You Back

~ 십칠 ~


Noise filled the hallway; everyone was on their own different worlds, talking and laughing about stuffs such as the NBA finals, the latest gossips, the headline news last night and anything they could talk about. 


Dreading her footsteps was Suhyun who was on her way towards the room for her most hated class: statistics. She had liked the subject to be really honest but now she started to hate it; her classmates were so annoying she could only wish she could tape their annoying mouths so that she would be in peace.


Another reason was of course, Kim Jinhwan. He started to gain attention lately from all the female students of the department ever since he sang an intermission number on one of the programs of the Education department. He was tapped by his professor who accidentally saw him humming while doing his business on the restroom. Jiwon doesn't plan on performing at first but Suhyun insisted he should.


Finally Suhyun reached the doors of the air-conditioned room, she opened it and was a bit of disgusted with what welcomed her sight; Jimin was snaking her porcelain skinny arms to Jinhwan's and the man doesn't even seem to mind, he was busy talking with Hongseok about certain things Suhyun could not fathom.


She went to her usual spot, slightly on the middle of the rows and near the window. Gone was the usual greeting by Jinhwan whenever she arrives; she was ignored, which was what technically Jinhwan does to Suhyun ever since that night.


A bag propped on the desk of her arm chair, Suhyun rested her chin on her palm and looked outside; the centre could be seen and the maple tree's head was a beautiful golden sight. It was definitely better than participating at the class's noise and glancing time by time to the far end left of the room, where he was, all laughs about Jimin's stupid joke.


Up until now, she hasn’t talked about it. She was really blaming herself for busting like that; and so the day after that night, she ditched her classes, afraid with how Jinhwan would react and how would she, too, react. The next day, Suhyun's mom didn't tolerate her excuse of menstrual cramps; her mom dragged her out of her room and insisted she should go; Chanhyuk even saw it and laughed at his sister the whole time the latter was preparing to go. In the end she did went to the university, continuously telling herself to act cool and that nothing's wrong, but when she saw Jinhwan she went blank; he was about to approach her too, perhaps to talk about the incident, yet she avoided him. And so the whole week that Jinhwan was making ways for them to talk, she denied. Funny how this was Hayi before and she was really pissed at her friend but now she understands.


But at least Hayi has a good reason why, she and Jiwon were exes, while Jinhwan and she weren't even close to that one.


"Okay class, sorry I'm late. Let's begin shall we?" 


She hasn't noticed the professor had already entered if the young woman didn't start talking. Suhyun turned her attention and tried her best to listen to the discussion, but she barely hears the professor's voice.


"The frequency... mode... wouldn't it be... class..." The voice gets fainter and fainter and soon Suhyun's attention flew away to another dimension.


When she made up her mind to at least talk about it with him, that's when he started avoiding her; not that Jinhwan really did ignore Suhyun like what she did but Jimin came into the scene, all the time around him and she was more than jealous than she was before.


"That's it for this day's discussion. And now for your activity, I want you to pair up and make an essay paper about a situation with a statistical...." said the professor and everybody started to rumble and find their partners.


Suhyun looked behind and saw that he has already had a pair, and no, it was not Jimin, she was pairs with her best friend Choa while Jinhwan was with another girl.
Ugh, the nerve!


She turned away and went again at window's view. Everyone already got their partners and it semms like she would be doing the paper on her own; she made doodles on her notebook that was blank because she hasn't paid attention to the lesson a while ago.


"Uh, do already have a partner?" Someone asked her. Suhyun looked up and saw that it was Jungkook. The boy shyly smiled and scratched his nape; he was naturally a meek passive person at first glance but everyone knows he's a one hell of the opposite.


Suhyun shook her head and he breathed a sigh of relief. "W-well can we be partners? I mean we're the only ones without one, so..."


Of course she had no choice really; she nodded and smiled to show that she agrees and perhaps to let the lingering coldness from her subside.


"Sure."


Then they sat side by side to discuss how they will create the essay paper; well it was only Jungkook talking, Suhyun was interested in something else and that was staring at Jinhwan who was so focused in writing the ideas the girl beside her suggests.


He's really like that when it comes to academics huh, Suhyun thought; that's one of the many things she admires in him. He is dedicated in everything he does, whether he likes it or not as long as he really needs to do it, expect him to pour out his heart.


"So that's I think how we'll do it." Jungkook already finished talking but he noticed she wasn't paying attention. "Uh, Suhyun?"


She was called thrice before she realized that she looks like an idiot. "Yep, I'm sorry. What is it?"


Jungkook sighed and contemplated on repeating the whole thing again or not. "What can you say about it?"


"It?" Suhyun asked, since she was not listening at all she doesn't know what he meant by that. "Ahhh that, I agree on your opinion though--"


"Suhyun-ssi?" Someone interrupted her speak, it was their professor. She went towards the front and asked her professor what it was, all smiles since she was rather saved by the young woman.


"Can you deliver this to the admin? I really want to but I have a class after this. You don't mind, do you?" The older requested and handed Suhyun the envelope of files; the latter grinned and agreed to do so. It's her professor anyway, and she wasn't paying attention to the other's lessons so this could be more likely a consequence.


She got out of the room and went to do the given errand; the only problem was the administration office was far off from here; it was located near the front gate.


Suhyun breathed a sigh of frustration and walked. Its afternoon, the sun was still above the sky, but it wasn't hot, it was surely cold. Why did she ever forgot to wear a thicker coat, it's already December.


"Ugh, these are quite heavy huh. Why didn't she ask a boy to do this errand huh? Does she know this is heavy? Ugh!" Some papers inside the envelope have fallen and Suhyun was really irritated, about to throw a fit in front of the Engineering department.


She picked them hastily and threw the papers inside the envelope. She began to rant again, this time not only about the professor's errands but about Jinhwan and the government too, blaming all of them to her case.


"Jinhwan, aigoo that man! I swear I could strangle him to death! Aish chincha, why is it this cold? The government should've announced the season change. Aigoo, aigoo."


Finally, the not-so-fun trip to the administration building was done. Suhyun opened the entrance door and asked the recipient about these files. Good thing the latter told Suhyun that she could drop them off here and the recipient could send this to the administrator.


On her way back to the Education building, she heard a faint cry. It seemed like it was a crying cat; Suhyun thought, because the sound was like those cats create. She went nearer to where the crying animal was and the sound grew louder and louder as she reached the old stockroom of the admin building.


Carefully, she listened first to check if the sound was still here; and it was, so Suhyun opened the antique like door of the stockroom.


"Cat? Cat? Where are you?" She called for the cat while searching for it at the dark room. "Where's the light's anyway?"


"Meooww~ Meowww~" The cat went near her and Suhyun was glad to see that it was indeed a cat; she loves cats.


"You poor thing, come on here, let me keep you warm. Why are you here?" She carried the poor animal and was about to exit the stockroom but a huge wind blew the door close.


"Omo! Omo! It's locked. Larry, eottoke!?" She kept on twisting the knob but no use, the door was so old that even the knobs were rusty already. She banged the door in hopes that it would break but she's a girl and it's cold so she could not do anything. She also screamed help like what the Larry, the name she had given to the cat, did.


But nobody went to help.


Night was about to come, and the breeze was becoming colder and colder as the time progresses. Suhyun was on the floor, leaning on the door, with the cat on her arms. The lights were also busted so the chances of finding warmth in this unused room were zero; she’s screwed.


"Larry, what are going to do? We're not gonna die here right?" She asked the cat and the feline replied with a purr.


Sighing, she fished for her phone on her pocket. She unlocked it and saw that the battery's on 15%, she mentally thanked herself for not using it a while ago while she wasn't listening to the lesson.


She typed Hayi's number with an assurance that her best friend would answer. But she had been calling for three times now and it seemed like Hayi was on her shift tonight; the latter doesn't forget her phone unless when's she's working.


"Byowah!" She yelled at the phone which scared the poor cat. Suhyun apologized to the cat and it's body.


"Who will I call then? Yunhyeong? Nah, that playboy changes number once a week. Donghyuk? he's probably studying. Jiwon? Ah right Jiwon-ssi!"


Though she's not that close with her best friend's ex, she gathered all the confidence to call him; he answered in a few rings.


"Yoboseyo?"


"Jiwon-ssi! Jiwon!" Suhyun said, so happy that finally Jiwon answered.


"What is it?" He inquired and when Suhyun's about to tell her to come rescue her here at the old stockroom, Jiwon cut her off. "Suhyun-ah, mianhe. Mom's calling me at Skype. Just call me later nae?" He had hung up before Suhyun could even tell a word.


"Call you later? I'm probably dead by that time!" Suhyun remarked after her last call. Her phone beeped and the system reminded her that she only has 5% and it needed to be plugged already. Aish why can't batteries be 200%!


Falling into a complete mess was Suhyun, who was growing more and more desperate to go out. She looked at her phone and contemplated on her next action.


Should I? She kept asking herself. Well if you don't want to see a headline tomorrow morning about a girl frozen dead at an old stockroom, you better dial him! Her conscience scolded her.


Since she only has 5%, she could only make one last message before it dies. Breathing up all courage, Suhyun let go of her pride and messaged him.


Suhyun: Could you help me? I'm locked here at the old stockroom. Please, it's so cold.


She sent it and thankfully it did make it before the device turned off itself. She Larry and noticed that the cat has already fallen asleep.


"Larry, you're not crying anymore. Have a good sleep," said Suhyun and a tear fell from her eye. She never thought she would cry just because she's locked here; she was really afraid to be very honest. It's freezing cold and it seems impossible for someone to see that a person was inside this forgotten room.


But she trusts Jinhwan nonetheless.


Ten minutes passed and Suhyun had already given up on being saved. "Larry-ah, it's been great that I got to save you." She said and the cat only purred back and went towards her; Suhyun hugged it tightly and silently wept.


"Suhyun? Suhyun-ah? Are you there? Suhyun-ah!" After long last, she heard a voice that could save her from here. She tried to get up but her legs were already numb from the cold.


"I'm here!" was the only word she could utter. She had lost all her strength from fighting the door open and her lips were so chapped it hurts to talk too.


She tried to stand up again with the help of the door's knob, and she did. Right at that moment Jinhwan busted the door open and Suhyun was so very glad he did.


"Jinhwannie!" She exclaimed before she fell on Jinhwan. Suhyun already passed out from the cold and good thing Jinhwan brought an extra coat with him.


"Goodness, you're freezing!" He said and carried the girl on his back. As much he wanted to bring him at her house, he doesn't know where it is, and his dorm was much nearer than the clinic or her house.


As soon as they reached his dorm, Jinhwan quickly put Suhyun on his bed and wrapped her with all the blankets he could find inside his drawer. His dorm mates were out and he was just as thankful as he wouldn't get intrigued by the two.


He prepared lukewarm water on the basin and soaked the towel on it. Wiping the warm cloth on her, he noticed a cute silver cat was staring at him.


"Hmm let me guess, you're the reason why she was locked?" He asked the cat and like the animal used to do, it only purred and Jinhwan chuckled. "Aish, why does she loves this furry animals too much."


Once he's all done, he changed into comfortable clothes and stared at Suhyun sleep. He hasn't noticed but he fell asleep too after a while.

 


Suhyun woke up three hours later and saw Jinhwan asleep while sitting on the floor, his head on the bed, making it his pillow. She noticed that it's not cold anymore and removed the blankets rolled all over her. Her action woke the other up, which was not what she wanted to do.


"Oh hey, you're awake." He said and got up. "Do you want coffee? It'll help you warm yourself more."


Suhyun got up as well and went to the door. "W-where are you going?" He asked.


"I'm going home."


"Wait, it's already late. And it's freaking cold outside!" He said and blocked the door. Suhyun timidly pushed her away.


"I'm already used on going home late. I'll borrow your coat then." Suhyun remained cold, as cold as what she was before.


"Yah!" Jinhwan held her hands to prevent her from going home. "Are you crazy? Do you really want to get sick?"


Suhyun turned to him, and at last showed some emotion: irritation. "I'll probably get sicker if I still stayed here."


"So you're acting like that now? Wow after I ran all the way from here to that old stockroom to save you." Jinhwan said as they were now at the salas.


"I never told you to save me! I'm better inside that stockroom than be here honestly!" Suhyun answered back.


"Then why did you texted me, huh? Saying please save me blah blah blah..."


"Aish! Did I really message you!?" Suhyun could not believe that she messaged Jinhwan. Last thing she remembered was calling Jiwon.


"Yep, and you even hugged me when I opened the door." Jinhwan smirked, it was true though.


Suhyun threw a small pillow at him; Jinhwan was alert to dodge it. "YAH! YOU LIAR!" 


"But you really did though." Jinhwan still keep on mocking her and he's enjoying this.


"FORGET THAT HAPPENED THEN! AISH, I FEEL A LOT SICK KNOWING THAT I HUGGED A PLAYBOY!" She started to shout loudly, good thing that this dormitory was sound proofed.


"Oh, so you're still on that page huh?" Jinhwan asked her. Maybe now would be the ideal time to talk about it; while at the living room and Suhyun throwing every pillow there was at the couch.


"AND SO WHAT? YOU'RE SUCH A WOMANIZER; YOU LOVE THE GIRL'S ATTENTION. ARGGHH!" Suhyun shouted, bitterness etched on every word.


"And why are you so pissed off at the idea of it?" Jinhwan asked, he was trying to hide the smile forming on his lips.


"IT MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT. PUH LEASE~" Suhyun said and acted like she was really about to barf.


Jinhwan playfully crossed his arms and looked at Suhyun from head to foot. "I see you're confirmed to be jealous."


"NO I AM NOT!"


"Admit it!"


"I AM NOT!"


"But you hate Jimin right? See, someone's jealous~~" Jinhwan said which made Suhyun shut up. He has been around Jimin lately because she's a distant cousin who just transferred from Busan to Seoul. And even he acknowledges his cousin's powerful aura; that's why when he sees Suhyun; he plays a game on making her jealous.


Suhyun sighed and raised her hands like what suspects do when police caught them red-handed. "Okay fine, I admit it."


"That you're what?" Jinhwan asked, teasing her more. He already knew this fact and it makes him smile like a jester whenever the thought of it lingers his mind. This means she also likes me right?


She wiped her palm on her face to hide her embarrassment. "Aish, I'm jealous okay!"


Jinhwan nodded and suggested something that made Suhyun stand on her feet, like the statue of liberty for a few minutes, because she's yet to absorb the given offer.


"If you're jealous, should we date then? So that you wouldn't get jealous because I'm all yours already." 

 


a/n: IF U DIDN'T SCREAM ON THE LAST LINE, I SWEAR SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH U. JK. Hai guys! So I posted this already! Sorry to in this couple but I just love them so much! We could take a few Hayi-Jiwon breaks right? So up next is... well wait for it, I'll post it the next day.

Write down your thoughts! I love to hear them all, please? :-)