십구

10 Ways To Get You Back

~ 십구 ~

 

“Suhyun-ah!”

 

A voice called out, the girl who was called turned her head to find where the voice came from. Rolling her eyes, she already knew it was from her best friend; the latter, on the other hand, ran towards Suhyun who was sitting outside a coffee shop.

 

“I’m sorry I forgot the time.” Hayi said, panting as she reached the table and sat on the chair to rest for a while.

 

“You always forget the time my friend.” Suhyun replied as a matter of fact. “Anyways, let’s go? We need to finish early.” She said and got up when Hayi was enjoying the chair. The latter begged for a few more minutes and Suhyun side-eyed her but soon agreed.

 

“Where’s Jiwon?” Suhyun asked. The waiter came to serve the frappuccino Hayi ordered a while ago.

 

“Hmmm... He told me he couldn’t go, you know he’s injured.” The other said after sipping on the coffee flavored drink.

 

“I didn’t know about that though, but that’s good.” Suhyun commented.

 

“Yah! So rude.”

 

“Why? I don’t want to be an instant third wheel you know. You’re gonna make your moves and act sweet and I’ll be left alone...” The younger continued blabbering like a little kid whining about not having a toy.

 

“Woah, why don’t you confess to Jinhwan oppa then? It seems to me that you were just envious of me.” Hayi chuckled and raised her brows up and down to friend more, to which the other frowned upon.

 

“Whatever chingu.” She said and crossed her legs. “Speaking of which, you know what he said to me?”

 

The few more minutes requested by Hayi extended into god knows how long since Suhyun remembered to tell Hayi what happened a few nights before, back when she was all locked up in an old stockroom and Jinhwan playing hero and offering stuffs just like the two of them dating.

 

“What? He asked you out!?” Hayi could not believe as Suhyun still remained commenting on how hideous and worthless the offer was.

 

“Yeah I think he did, but I absolutely know it’s a lie!” The latter remarked, crossing her arms and wearing a smug face. “He’s a playboy, so he’s probably used with those stomach-twirling words.”

 

“Yah! That’s not true! I know Jinhwan oppa for years dude; he’s one hell of a stick to one man, like Jiwon. If anything, the playboy would be Yunhyeong, no one else comes close.” Hayi defended her long time friend, it was indeed true that he was not the type to be like Yunhyeong, who flirts with anyone who wears skirts.

 

“Besides, why couldn’t you accept his earnest offer by the way?”

 

“Bwoyah, let’s go! It’s five already, ppali ppali!” Suhyun avoided the question thrown at her and stood up, grabbing her sling bag and walking out of the cafe; Hayi had no choice but to follow suit, it’s getting later anyway.

 

The two decided to meet up to have an early Christmas shopping; December has already approached which also meant that the most awaited season was about to come: winter and of course, the holiday alongside it which was Christmas. If anything, they also didn't want to battle with other consumers when it's already the Christmas rush, even though there are a lot more sales and discounts, they didn't want to try.

 

They went to the department store for easy access to anything gift-able items. They thought of finding presents for their family first: Suhyun bought a stylish lab coat for her brother, a recipe book for her mom, and a cool perfume for her dad; Hayi, on the other hand, thought of giving her mom a relaxing pillow since she's always stressed with work.

 

“Is this okay?” She asked, holding up a piece of black shirt with graphic designs on it.

 

“What?” Suhyun said, her eyes still digging for some cool clothes on the rack. “Oh, that one. It’s good, for whom? Jiwon?” She replied yet again when she saw what Hayi was referring to.

 

Before Hayi could even say yes, Suhyun already interrupted her. “Well if that’s for him, you better find much better than that.” This made Hayi threw the shirt on the pool full of other tees.

 

She sighed, “Arasso. What about you, any gift ideas for your Jinnie oppa?” Hayi teased.

 

“Shut up.” Suhyun only said and went away from the clothes section of the store. “Where are you going?” The other asked; her basket still empty except for the pillow.

 

“To the bookstore, I thought of buying some things there.”

 

Hayi had no choice but to go to the bookstore as well, they bought gifts for Donghyuk and Yunhyeong there. They roamed almost every part of the shopping centre to find ideal gifts for Jiwon, Jinhwan, Donghyuk, Yunhyeong, and of course to each other as well; coming out of the gift wrapping section, they bid farewell because they need to go home as early as possible since they still need to review.

 

 

*****

 

 

From what was most feared by the whole student body of the university has come to hunt them yet again. It was the mid terms exam week which also goes by the name ‘hell week’ of the students. And like any other exams, it was important since it has a part on their semester grades.

 

Often at weekends, a lot of students could be seen hanging around at clubs even at late night, partying and having fun like they have no classes tomorrow. Or they go around at malls to shop for newly arrived dresses, shoes, and gadgets. Some just stay at home to be a couch potato and sleep like they were a snake hibernating for winter.

 

Hayi was like that— a couch potato. Yet now, she could not bring herself to sleep even if her whole body wanted to since the dreaded exams will be any later than fourteen hours.

 

“.” She cursed as she flipped the pages of her almost worn out noteboook, searching for her lecture that was one of the pointers to review on for her major med class.

 

Hayi frowned as she hasn’t found the lecture, perhaps she was absent that day, but she has hardly missed any class! Was she spaced out that time when the professor had a discussion?

 

“Urrrgghh!” She groaned in frustration. Opening her phone, she prayed that a classmate of hers could send a photo of their notes; gladly there was one, and Hayi continued the whole night, sat on the chair, elbows propped on the table, and eyes reading and absorbing the needed for the exam.

 

She wasn’t the lone student who was busy reviewing; almost ninety-nine percent of the entire university population was inside their homes/dormitories too, with eyes almost bulging out from their sockets from scanning every note on their notebook.

 

 

The whole week was like hell; at morning students were going inside their respective classes, their eyes sore from staying up all night, and their backs arched forward due to stress. The professor enters the room and hands them the more than a hundred examinations. As they begin to answer, some were busy solving, writing the correct answers, while the others have already given up and slept to rest their aching heads. There were also some who were heard sobbing due to the difficulty of solving a situational problem and a logarithm question. A few were smiling, since they have reviewed a week before this day; just like what Donghyuk did.

 

 

Friday slowly approached, everyone was barely keeping up on walking straight; fatigue overpowering their entire systems. Thankfully, it was the last day of hell. And when the last class was done, Hayi could not help but to break out tears of joy and jump in joy as the stressful examinations was already done.

 

“Alriggghhht!! It’s Christmas breaaaaaaaakk!!”

 

 

 


a/n: hi guys!! I’m sorry it took a while and it's short :(( I had a minor writer’s block since it was hard to write a christmas vibe chapter when it was actually summer lol. well, forgive me if I haven't given you guys some bobhi moments, I'll promise there will be a lot in the upcoming chapters kkk~

please write down your thoughts! I am so inspired with your comments /sends hugs to everyone/ + sorry for some typos and errors! i'll check them out when i'm free~ <3