십삼

10 Ways To Get You Back

 

~ 십삼 ~

 

It was a bright and sunny morning of spring, flowers were beginning to bloom, the leaves started to grow from the before withered trees of winter. A lot of people were incredibly happy that the very cold and chilly breeze of winter has bid goodbye and the fresh start of spring has arrived.

 

“Mom, where are we going?”

 

A young girl whose around at the age of eight asked her mom who was holding her daughter's hand and hastily walking on the busy streets of Seoul. The kid was curious where they are going and why does it seemed like her mom was in a hurry.

 

“We need to walk faster baby; the store might open soon,” was her mom's reply and the other shut and obliged. Soon enough they finally reached their destination—MyeongDon—which was famous for its numerous stalls and stores.

 

“Omo omo, they have opened the store already. Aish, the line is too long!” Her mother went straight to the line, still holding her daughter’s hand that was dragged right at the moment the older saw that the sign was 'OPEN'.

 

There was a newly opened department store at the place and as a welcoming offer; the management of the store conducted a right away opening sale up to half of the price off at selected items. It was a very good marketing strategy to attract the people to check their new establishment, which was really effective considering the length and mass of the line created outside the building of the department store.

 

“M-mom, w-wait!” The little girl screamed as she barely managed to keep up with her mother who was fighting for the line. The shop had already opened their doors and the people were pushing themselves inside.

 

Because she was only a little girl, she got out of the line because she was afraid she'll get stepped on; which caused her to lose sight of her mother.

 

“Omma? Omma, where are you? Omma!” The young girl shouted, but no avail. The crowd had already entered the whole building and competed in to fighting for the quality items sold of the department store.

 

Because she was a strong girl, she decided not to wait for her mom outside of the building; there are a few people going inside of the store too and she knew it would take a while before her mom comes out, so she should spend it wisely.

 

Her feet unknowingly led her to a park a few meters far off the new department store.

 

The dandelions and orchids were blooming beautifully, the petals-- so vibrant and full of color that any person would like to pick those and give them to their special someone, and beside those colorful flowers were benches placed under the green trees hovering at the top, creating a shade for the people who sit and pass by. A lot of children were having fun at the playground too, some are sliding down from the spiral slide, and others were playing tag around the grass, while a few were silently creating sand castles at a corner. There was also a fountain located at the center of the park, the water was clear and was coming out from different directions, creating an awe-striking scene in the eyes of the young girl.

 

She sat on the swing were nobody else was paying attention to; the kids thought of the swing as boring and their parents would scold them if ever they stood up on the chair of the swing.

 

Sighing, she looked around the whole park while swinging herself back and forth. She started slowly until she enjoyed it and rock on the swing faster and faster, her giggles were soon heard, forgetting about her mom who was busy shopping at the moment.

 

After a while she got tired and the swing lost its momentum and slowed down. She stopped and bowed down, tears began to fall from her eyes; even though she barely managed to wait for her mom here, she doesn't know if her mother even remembered her and would look for her here.

 

I am lost.

 

“Excuse me, is this yours?” A boy's voice was heard. He was in front of the young girl, holding a bracelet that perhaps fell from the girl's wrist while she was swinging not too long ago.

 

She looked down from where the voice was from and she saw a cute boy with small eyes and imperfect teeth. The boy's smile turned into a frown after seeing the other.

 

“Wait, are you crying?” He asked, but the other snatched the beaded jewelry from the former's grasp and wiped the tears welling up from her eyes.

 

“Give me that.” She said and wore the bracelet, it was an accessory given by her mom on her birthday, it was made from beads ranging from different colors possible, and because she was only eight and young, she liked it and never forgot to wear it off ever since.

 

The boy was resilient still, and sat on the vacant swing beside the girl. “Why are you crying?”

 

“M-my mom, my mom left me to shop and now I don't know where she is. I mean, I do know where she is but I don't know if she will look for me after she finished shopping.” She said while drying her cheeks that was wet from tears.

 

The boy nodded and fished something from his pocket that he gave to the other after. “Here,” said the boy after handing his handkerchief.

 

The young girl accepted it. “T-thanks.”

 

“That's really bad though, but don't worry, your mom will look for you. I am sure of that.” He reassured the one beside him which earned him a smile from the latter.

 

“Y-you're really kind. What's your name?” She asked, still sniffing.

 

“I am Kim Jiwon.” He answered and offered his hand. "Dad said that I should give out my hand whenever I introduce myself. And you are?"

 

The young girl giggled and let out her hand for a shake. “My name is Hayi. Lee Hayi.”

 

And that's when they first met.

 

Just like what Jiwon said, Hayi's mother indeed looked for her after she finished buying sale items; she even asked for help from a police officer to search for her daughter whom she thought she had lost already. Thankfully the police officer roamed around the park which was a usual place for kids and found Hayi. The young girl was glad she saw her mom again and bid goodbye to her new found friend whom she promised she'll meet again.

 

 

 

A f t e r  f i v e  y e a r s . . .

 


Running across the hallways past the doors of various classrooms having their classes was a thirteen year old girl, her eyes welling up, her nose sniffing, her skirt flying as she sped away from the school; she wanted to get away from it as soon as possible and even if it means she'll cut classes, she would.

 

Hayi stopped for a brief moment, her legs bent and tired from sprinting. She breathed in and out, heavily, through her nose; she was tired but it doesn't show since all she felt at that moment was grief, her chest felt heavy as she barely manages to catch air; tears were gushing through her cheeks as she wiped it off and walked slowly. 

 

She had never felt this way before, guilt and anguish kept pounding her heart as she controlled the tears from flowing again. She hasn't even done anything wrong but it seemed like she did, and she felt accountable for all of those.

 

“You know what Hayi? I am so sick of being friends with you. You think you are so great, so mighty, so intelligent, but reality check-- You are not!”

 

“Stop acting perfect Hayi, you are not even an inch close to one.”

 

“I hate you.”

 

It all kept ringing on Hayi's ears; those hurtful words were knives that stabbed her, without notice, without even realizing. It made her think-- has she been too much? All she did was to study and make everyone happy. But it seemed like she could not please everybody, even her best friend.

 

She was just walking around, and found her sweet escape, her haven, the park near Myeong Don. This was where she always went whenever she either feels happy or sad; it looked as if that special place was pulling her in.

 

Hayi sat on the swing, her favorite spot, and swung slowly. She needed air and this was always the perfect place, perhaps peaceful this time around because nobody was around, no children playing and only a few people were passing by.

 

The usual bright light of the sun was unusually dim today, slightly gray clouds have covered the hot ball of gas and it made the environment colder than it used to be. The swinging of trees, the chirping of the birds, the scattering sound of the fallen leaves, and the stinging sound of the swing made it very calming but still didn't gave peace to Hayi.

 

She just lost a friend, not just an acquaintance of a friend but a long time chingu that she considered as her one and only best friend. It was funny how it all started with a petty argument over a stupid list of the most beautiful girls of batch xx, in which Hayi unexpectedly placed third while her friend was on the far end of the list. It was all a shock to Hayi though, she never thought she was found pretty by the boys, who by the way created the poll; she even thought her best friend was far much prettier than her, considering the effort she puts on her appearance unlike Hayi.

 

As much as Hayi was surprised, her best friend too was enraged with the whole thing. She was pissed off at Hayi who hasn't even contributed to the whole thing, she wasn't even the first one on the list but the envy she felt that time was unexplainable which caused her to snap and pick on her best friend.

 

Hayi was shocked and so much humiliated that time, imagine your best friend whom you have known for years yelled at you and ranted everything she disliked about you in front of the whole class while the teacher wasn't around. It was so painful and it etched her memory that she had just lost her best friend.

 

Funny, I was lost when I first found this place, and now I just lost my one and only friend.

 

“E-excuse me, miss?” A semi-baritone kind of raspy voice echoed through the park. Hayi looked up and found a boy who was also a teenager like her, perhaps nearly her age, in front of her lending out a handkerchief.

 

“I figured that you were crying, so I felt like I should comfort you.” The young man said when Hayi accepted the piece of cloth and wiped the tears evident on her face.

 

“T-thank you.” She said, barely audible since her voice cracked.

 

“Nah it's nothing, really.” He shrugged and asked if he could sit beside her and Hayi nodded, so the boy shyly sat on the next swing.

 

The wind blew a cool breeze even though it was in the peak of the spring season; the place was quiet, nobody was heard talking, no noise can be heard except for a few honks of cars and their running engines, the chirping of the birds, and footsteps of people who were passing by.

 

Silence. It wasn't awkward but a calm, peaceful silence that soothed their inner self. They weren't talking but it seemed like they understood each other as if they were talking, no words needed.

 

Finally, the tears dried from the massive raining of her eyes. She inhaled deeply to release the heavy feeling off her chest, and smiled, she's somehow in a better mood now.

 

“So...” The stranger muttered, breaking the calming silence. “Are you okay now?”

 

Her lips curled into a sweet smile, she nodded and returned the handkerchief. “H-here, thank you so much.”

 

“Uh, you can keep it. Besides, let that serve as a reminder that there was once a handsome knight in shining armor that helped you.” He jokingly said which made the both of them chuckle.

 

“Really, handsome huh?”

 

“Yeah. My mom told me so.” He confidently said, smirking and combing his hair with the use of his hands. "You don't believe me don't you?"

 

“Ani, I do.” She giggled.

 

“Of course you should.”

 

They talked for a while about plenty of things: the reason why she cried, their school lives, their friends and even celebrities. Hayi laughing at every joke the other said, and the latter listening intently to everything Hayi ranted about. Even if they only met now, it seemed as if they were already close friends, everyone could tell.

 

Soon enough, the sun began to set and the darkness slowly creeping through the park, the streetlights have opened. The two were so indulged to chatting that they haven't noticed the time.

 

There was a beep from Hayi's phone, her mom already texted her about her whereabouts. Hayi looked at the time, and stood up.

 

“I think I need to go now.”

 

“Yeah, I think you should.” He said and did the same. “So... we'll see each other again?”

 

Hayi smiled and waved goodbye, “of course, Jiwon-ssi.”

 

And that's how their friendship began.

 

 

Jiwon and Hayi met each other more often, at the same place, whenever Hayi was done with her classes and when Jiwon had a free time. The two became closer especially now that Jiwon transferred to Hayi's school, and even became classmates in high school. They were best buddies together with Yunhyeong, Jinhwan, and Hana, who they all had memorable and fun moments each time they are together. They sometimes cut classes because they either go at the nearby theater house to watch old history anthology movies wherein they'll all just end up falling asleep and being shoved away by the guards, or spend the entire afternoon at the arcade, playing game consoles and singing at the karaoke bars.

 

The closeness the two had as friends soon evolved into something much greater than that; Jiwon and Hayi later on developed mutual feelings to each other and started dating, to which the rest of their friends teased them.

 

They did everything the usual couples do: they went to Everland and try out the cool rides even the horror house, they toured Jeju-do when they had a chance, of course they were with their friends because the three insisted they should go too, they swam at the clear waters of the beach, they ate almost all the food that they laid eyes on, be it a normal street food fish cake to sweet weird ice cream flavors to exotic foods aka worms and sea urchins, they also loved hanging out at the seaside park where they were amused at watching the sunset.

 

They were stuck to each other like rice cakes, that was how most describe Jiwon and Hayi. They were sweet yet also cold to each other, not like those who were always mushy with each other, the two were afraid that if they were always sweet, they will end up getting tired of dating each other.

 

What they feared didn't happen, thankfully. But they were not excused to trials and challenges that every couples face.

 

 

“That's all for today. Don't forget we have a quiz tomorrow so you guys should prepare, goodbye.”

 

The teacher said and gathered her stuffs, the bell had rung and the students hastily went outside, they have been dreading for the ringing sound to disturb their ongoing classes so that they could go home already.

 

“Annyeong,” his hands s through his girlfriend's slim waist as the latter was putting her stuffs inside her locker.

 

“What's up?” He whispered, smirking as he felt her stop, thinking he succeeded. But of course his girlfriend was way different.

 

“YAH!Who told you to hug me? Yah get off! You monster!” Hayi roared, her hands detaching his hold. Jiwon could only chuckle and let go.

 

“Arasso, arasso. You're such a cutie.” He said and opted to pinch her cheeks but the latter glared at him before he could do what he was about to do.

 

“You two, no PDA!”

 

“Aish you only make me jealous.”

 

“I want to have a boyfriend that is sweet too.”

 

The three­—Jinhwan, Yunhyeong, Hana­—said as they pass by the cute couple; bidding farewell since they wanted to study for the bunch of quizzes tomorrow, Jiwon and Hayi could only scoff at their friends' remarks.

 

“So... I have a new edition of Call of Duty, want to try?” He grinned as he cocked his brows up and down. Hayi was excited and the two went to the Kim's.

 

They played a couple of rounds, tried different games such as Sims and NBA, ate dinner together with the other Kim's, and eventually got bored. Jiwon's family acknowledges Hayi as their son's girlfriend whom he loves very much, so they were used to seeing Hayi here at the house and they all got along with the girl too. Jiwon was the same with Hayi's parents, they also adore Jiwon especially her father who Jiwon became close with because of basketball.

 

“Hayi-ah, what will you without me?” Jiwon asked. His eyes still fixed on the sky above them.

 

After all the day's works, if not seeing the sunset, the two loved stargazing whenever they are at the Kim's. Unfortunately, Hayi's house doesn't have a rooftop like Jiwon has, near his room; that's why she enjoys staying here whenever possible.

 

It was night; the breeze was calm and refreshing, not too cold nor too hot, darkness filled the whole sky, only those shiny little dots, which were called stars, were standing out amidst the black sky. The moon was crescent; it was illuminating the sky as if it could replace the brightness the sun could give during the day. The stars were crystals shining brightly and glistening, like how the flash in the camera, it was very blinding.

 

Hayi looked sideward where Jiwon was lying beside her, and chuckled at his hideous question. “Are you crazy? What kind of a question was that?”

“Nothing. I was just wondering.”

 

The corner of Hayi's lips formed a smile and she thought of answering that question as if she was in a Q&A person in a pageant.

 

“You know if you ever leave me, I don't think I can do it; you were always there whenever I cry, whenever I just lost something or someone important, you were always there to offer me a hanky and to calm me down. But if you were the one who will leave, I don't think I can endure it. It would be hard without you every day. I am already used to seeing you every single day or if not your text messages, your voice records. If you really did, I would not cry though.”

 

“Wae?”

 

“Because I don't want to shed my tears if you are the reason,” She turned sideways facing him, and grinned. "Ugh, that's too chessy! Pretend I didn't say that!"

 

Jiwon was touched with her girlfriend's thoughts about his nonsense question. "Come here," he pulled Hayi for a tight hug.

 

“Don't worry, I won't leave you. Not now, not ever.”

 

After a few more hours, Hayi decided to leave. She remembered that they still have a lot of exams tomorrow and she needed to review. Jiwon laughed at her because she was hastily putting on her shoes. She bid goodbye to everyone inside the house and Jiwon insisted he would take her home, but knowing Hayi, she rejected her boyfriend's offer.

 

Hayi finally reached home, the lights were turned off so she thought that her parents were already home and asleep. She fished for her keys and opened the door silently; her foot steps were also light as a feather, afraid to wake her parents up. But surprisingly her parents were still awake.

 

“HOW DARE YOU DO THIS!?”

 

A voice boomed across the silent house. It was the voice of her mom, Hayi was sure of it. She wondered what was happening and opted to inside to check if anything's wrong but a shout stopped her from moving from where she was.

 

“I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF STAYING IN THIS ING HOME WHEREAS I KNOW I COULD DO ANYTHING BESIDE COOKING AND FIXING THESE GODDAMN HOUSE!”

 

Hayi was petrified. Never had she heard her father shout like that, and it was very scary. She entered her room as quietly as she can and pressed her back against the door, still wide open and her ears could not believe what it just heard.

 

“W-what do you mean? You enjoy this right? Mother said it's better for you to stay at home ever since you went bankru­—”

 

“SEE? THAT'S THE POINT! I COULD NOT DO WHAT I WANT BECAUSE YOUR MOTHER REFRAINS ME FROM DOING SO! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW IT HURTS MY EGO? HUH?”

 

Hayi could not help it and the tears she had been stopping already poured. This wasn't happening; their family was a perfect family. Everyone enjoys each other's company. And yet what the hell was this? Why was this happening?

 

“I-I don't know about that. I'm s-sorry. I'm gonna tell my mom that you­—” her father cut her mother from talking again.

 

“THAT WHAT? THAT MY HUSBAND WANTS TO WORK COULD YOU HELP HIM AND GIVE HIM A CAPITAL TO RESTART HIS BUSINESS? WHAT DOES THAT LOOK? THAT I AM PATHETIC! You know what, we should end this already. This is not working anymore.”

 

Hayi heard her father said and a creak of the door was also heard. Her parent's room opened and she could also hear her mother stopping her husband from going. And lastly, the door banged and Hayi sobbed as her mom cried out loud. She cupped so that her mom would not notice that she was already home and heard everything.

 

The next day she acted as if she doesn't know about everything that happened last night. She asked her mother where her dad was and her mother only looked away and told her that he just had received a message from an employer and offered him an instant work abroad. It was a pathetic excuse, Hayi thought, but she acted as if she was stupid and bought the reason just so her mother would not worry about her anymore.

 

The last days she was at the Kim's, finding comfort through her boyfriend who has no idea about what she was going through. At school it was hard to act that she was okay, to laugh at the lame jokes Yunhyeong throws, and to answer at Hana's questions about the latest Science discussion. It was difficult but since she was Lee Hayi, she made it possible.

 

“What do you think?” Hana flaunted the new lipstick she just bought. They were at the school garden because it was vacant period and Hayi doesn't want to cut classes when Hana offered.

 

“Yah Lee Hayi! Earth to Hayi?” At the snap of Hana's fingers Hayi went back from daydreaming.

 

“What's wrong with you? Anyways, how does this new shade look?” She said and pouted, showing off the reddish tint shimmering on her lips. Hayi nodded and told the other that it was a good choice.

 

“Gee thanks! I just bought it from Mrs. Kim's shop because she offered me so, I thought about it for a while and yeah, she's right. It does suit me.” And the latter kept on blabbering about her shopping at Jiwon's mom's store. Though it was small, it was starting to build popularity and she was very happy since it's Jiwon's mom.

 

“Oh by the way, what are your plans? I heard the Kim's will migrate to US soon.” Hayi turned towards Hana who just asked her.

 

“W-what did you just said?” She stuttered, her heart pounding and waiting for the statement to be a joke.

 

“Hm? You don't know about that? Well, Jiwon's mom talked about their plans of migrating to US since it would help their rising business because she just had received an offer from her friend out there.” Hana answered, oblivious to the fact that Hayi was already teary eyed and shaking to the information she just obtained.

 

"Byowah! Hayi eodigassaeyo!?"

 

Hayi left and ran, far away from the school, to everyone. What she feared the most was happening and she doesn't want that to happen.

 

“Don't worry, I won't leave you. Not now, not ever.”

 

Hayi spent the entire day inside her room, hugging her knees and sobbing. Her mother was out thankfully, because if she was she would only bother her and Hayi might burst and get mad, who knows?

 

“Hayi, Hayi, are you there?” Knocks kept pounding on the door. It was Jiwon and he was outside the house, checking to see if Hayi was here. Hana told him that Hayi cut classes and he looked for her at every possible place she could be: the movie house, the arcade, the park­— but she wasn't there.

 

“I know you're there Hayi. Baby, what's wrong?” He asked and Hayi scoffed.

 

“Wrong? Nothing's wrong. Now, go away and leave me in peace.”

 

Jiwon finally heard his girlfriend's voice and it seemed like it was contrast to what she was saying. “No, you're not okay baby. Come on, open the door and let's talk about it neh?”

 

Hayi did what he said and opened the door, but instead of letting him in, Hayi stopped him halfway.

 

“What do you think you are doing? Get out!” She yelled which surprised Jiwon.

 

“What's wrong? Tell me, I'm here for you.” He said and tamed the roaring Hayi. His arms were about to wrap them to Hayi but the latter avoided which left Jiwon stunned.

 

Hayi mocked him, “I'm here for you. Really? Are you really here for me? For how long then: one more month, or a week, or until tomorrow? Tell me so I could ready myself.”

 

Jiwon was puzzled with the way Hayi was acting right now. “I'm always here for you, baby. Haven't I told you I won't leave you?” He reassured his girlfriend, but it didn't work.

 

“Oh really, but why are you leaving me then? Why would you go to America? Huh?” Jiwon was taken aback with what Hayi just said. How did she know about the migration? He hasn't told her about that yet, and he would never.

 

“Listen, mom was planning on migrating to US because there was a good offer for her there, and it would improve our lives. But I already told them I won't go Hayi. I won't migrate and leave Korea, you, here. I already told you I won't leave you.”

 

Jiwon explained calmly but Hayi was already deaf to each word he uttered, her trust was already shattered like glass and she doesn't know if she would believe her like what she did with her father.

 

“Hayi my darling, I promise I will work harder and I will never leave you. Even if you already have your husband, I will be your first love neh?”

 

It was the same promise.

 

Should she believe it again?

 

Hayi shook her head and let all of those lingering voices inside her head slide. She already reached her decision and she doesn't want to get hurt with the same promise ever again.

 

“That's a ing lie. Now, go and fly to America. Leave me here, I can live by myself.”

 

“But Hayi I swear I won't­—” Jiwon pleaded but Hayi pushed her outside.

 

“I don't want to get hurt again so please Jiwon, leave, let me be. I don't want to be a hindrance to your family. Love them, arasso?” And with that, Hayi shut the door close and at the same time, the tears flowed on her cheeks. Even though it hurts, she had to do it.

 

She doesn't know how much it would hurt her next.

 

 

Every day, after that night, Jiwon always messaged Hayi. He was hoping that he could convince her that he wasn't leaving, but Hayi never replied. She replied once but it was just four empty words.

 

“Leave me alone, please.”

 

And Hayi never received anything from him after.

 

She still attended school though, but the two weren't talking like how they used to be which confused their other friends. They kept insisting to know the reason about their fight or if they broke up already, but no one between the two answered. They were passing by the hallways like ghosts, like air, and it hurt the both of them with how they act against each other.

 

One sunny morning, Hayi woke up and texted Jiwon. She told him to meet her at the rooftop they also loved hanging out at. Hayi wanted to tell him that she was already fed up with her stupidity and would believe him if he still said he would never leave her.

 

She waited at the rooftop of the XY building at four, hoping that Jiwon would appear.

 

The clock four-thirty, still no sign of Jiwon.

 

The clock five, still no Jiwon.

 

The clock six, she was still alone.

 

The clock seven, nobody came.

 

When the clock reached eight, the door opened but the hope that it was Jiwon failed; it was the guard, telling her to come down already because the building will close in ten minutes.

 

She sighed; perhaps Jiwon hasn't read the message.

 

 

The next day, her mother already told her the news: the Kim's had already fled to America yesterday and that includes her boyfriend, Kim Jiwon.

 

Hayi could not believe it, just when she already accepted Jiwon's excuse was the time Jiwon already let go of everything and left her here.

 

“Aish that pabo, why does he have to follow me every time!” She muttered, tears already falling from her eyes. She locked herself inside her room when her mother told about the news. Her mother understood her privacy so she never bothered her and let her daughter be.

 

But she knocked once on her daughter’s door because Jinhwan gave something to her that she should give to her daughter.

 

“Hayi-ah, Jiwon told Jinhwan to give you this after he fled the plane yesterday.”

 

Hayi opened the door and snatched the small rectangle-shaped stuff from her mother's hold. She figured it was a voice recorder, and when she opened it, a voice escaped through the gadget's speakers.

 

“Mic check. Hayi, Hayi, Hayi-ah. Lee Hayi~” Jiwon recorded a voice message for Hayi before his flight was called.

 

“I really don't know how to start this. I already turned off my phone because I am afraid that if I look through our past conversations I would not help it but to ran away from here and knock at your house. Probably now, you are still sleeping; dad hitched an early flight so that we could arrive at Chicago at night and sleep. Anyways, I just want to tell you the things that I know I have told you a hundred times already.”

 

“Hayi, baby, I will never forget the memories we shared the past few years. That Myeongdondondon park where we first met as kids, don't forget that! That place is special because that's the first time I saw a girl crying, and she was very pretty. Hey, I'm not joking! You are really pretty Hayi, maybe that's why your friend was so envious of you. You were the only girl who made my heart skip a beat and made me look like a gay in front of everybody. Remember the time when we fought about what bugs bunny's gender was and you made me dance at the center, near the fountain, because you were right. You were not like those usual girls who are easy to get, and that's what I admire of you. You are strong and free-willed.”

 

“Babo,” Hayi muttered as she paused the recorder and wiped the pouring tears.

 

“Anyways, I'm gonna change the topic again. Hayi-ah, I really don't know why you pushed me away. If I just I knew and you let me knew about it then I would understand what you were going through. As much as I tried to understand you, I also pondered on why you were shoving me away. Perhaps you are scared that I might leave you someday and it made you panic when you heard about our migration. I really do not want to tell about this because I wasn't supposed to be going anyway, well even if my mom got mad at me. But you insisted that I should go, and because you are the boss between us, I did. I will go to America because you told me so. It hurts Hayi, you pushed me away and broke up with me, but I understand.”

 

“Oh, our flight has been called already. Just remember that I love you so very very much Hayi. Be strong arasso? I know you are. Annyeong Lee Hayi, I love you a lot!”

 

The record had stopped but Hayi kept on sobbing, her pillow was already wet from the constant tears that kept on flowing.

 

“Mianhe Jiwon-ah, I'm so sorry.”

 


a/n: no comment... i love you all guys~ /coughs i cried i can't help the drama alright kbai mwah