십육

10 Ways To Get You Back

~ 십육 ~


"Wait... so you had a date with Jiwon? Omg!" Suhyun gushed as Hayi finished sharing yesterday's escapade. They were inside the coffee shop where Hayi was working part-time, and a few of the other customers were giving them the looks as her company started squealing like an idiot.


"It's not a date okay, and can you please shut up, people are already looking at you." Hayi said as she sipped on the caramel macchiato she had ordered from Mino who was working at the time.


Suhyun rolled her eyes, "Whatever. According to my dictionary that was already considered as a date and whatever again, I'm too pretty that they can't help but to keep on looking at me."


Hayi just closed and not talked back anymore. She knew she would just lose every argument with Suhyun with this topic on hand so she already raised the white flag to which the younger has her triumphant smile already.


Was that really a date? Well, they did go out, they watched movies, ate together, and watched the sunset; Hayi thought as she fiddled with the straw.


"Okay, I give up." She said but leaned on the table with her chin resting on her hand. "How about you though? Care to share any updates from you and Jinhwan?" Hayi asked, her brows arched up and down, her lips wore a sly smile since she had already turned the table.


Suhyun twitched her lips as her friend returned her victory smile that she had just wore earlier. "Don't wanna~"


"Oh come on, I shared my so called 'date'  if that's what you think it was with Jiwon and now you are not gonna tell me about your 'Jinnie oppa'?" Hayi teased.


Suhyun heaved a sigh of defeat, "alright. There's nothing new anyway. I haven't talked to him ever since 'that' night and I have no plans of doing so. You know it seemed like he hasn't remembered any inch of what happened that night, which was good though, because girls still kept on circling her. There's more girls!" She yelled, her face making weird pissed expressions.


Hayi looked around and saw that everyone already looked at them with a disgusted face because of her friend who was still ranting on the background. Even the crews were looking at them, more on Suhyun though, so Hayi immediately apologized for the sudden comotion and dragged her friend outside.


"Bwoyah!" Suhyun yelled, fuming mad as she remembered that classmate of hers sticking close to Jinhwan every single time. "I swear I'm gonna smudge that damned thick make-up of hers on her face!"


Hayi put her palm on her forehead, a sign of frustration, as her friend was relentless on ranting about a poor girl named Jimin. Why did she ask her about Jinhwan anyway?


She grabbed both of Suhyun's arms and shook her friend to calm down; the latter stopped talking and looked at Hayi who was very grateful that she obeyed.


Sighing, Hayi said: "Yah! Stop making a scene please. I know you're soooo jealous with that Jimin girl but please, don't be so loud about it! If you don't want to feel that irritating feeling on your chest well then get your balls and confront either Jinhwan oppa or that Jimin about it, neh?"


Suhyun, with her small eyes opened wide, nodded and apologized. "I think you're right. I should have controlled myself, but I'm sorry too but I won't do that."


Hayi loosen her grip as a sign of defeat, "okay, okay. Just, say sorry to the customers inside. You really threw a fit there you know?" She chuckled as she eyed her wristwatch. "And I have to go already, I still have a class."


Hayi bid goodbye to her friend Suhyun, who went inside the cafe again and bowed ninety degrees, and went to the locker room. Today's her PE class so she changed clothes and went to the university gym to have their volleyball class. One of her most loved subject would be PE because it wasn't as boring as her medical classes.


As soon as she entered the air-conditioned gymnasium, the smell of rubber and sweat entered her nostrils and the taraflex court with the volleyball equipments such as net, balls, and even the whiteboard and marker for lecture were already prepared. She took a seat at the bleachers to wait for their professor to start today's lesson.


"Hayi?" A manly voice called her name. She searched where that familiar voice came from and she was heck surprised to see the young man here.


"Jiwon-ah!" She said and the said man took the space beside Hayi.


"Why are you here?" Both of them asked and laughed at the same time.


"I signed up for this class since the start of the semester, and I don't see you around. You?" Hayi answered.


Jiwon nodded as he now understood why. "I just changed classes this day. The admin told me to hitch a new pe class so I could still get the units."


The two were surprised about the unexpected meet-up in a same class yet they could not hide the etching smile from their lips as they were really happy nonetheless on this fate, if that's what it's called.


"Okay class, I'll now begin this lesson..." The professor started with a minimal discussion first before teaching the basic know-how's to his class. He thought the basic principles of volleyball, its history, the rules and its objectives and how to properly play the sport. Hayi was obediently taking down notes while her seatmate was just staring at her, quite oblivious to their professor's constant chatter and whatnot.


"Cha, let's get it done shall we?" Professor Llang, a former Thai athlete who was now residing at Korea, pushed the whiteboard aside and went to the court to start with warm-ups. They did a few stretching and such before doing the dig, serve, spike and block.


"Hayi-ssi, nice pass. Next... next... next!" The man in his mid thirties shouted. If anything, volleyball would be the sport that Hayi would like to try since she doesn't like basketball and soccer because it requires a lot of agility, while badminton would be a boring sport.


Jiwon was kind of having trouble since he was no volleyball person like anybody else here, he was a standout in basketball and he just got transferred from this class. But he was trying his best.


"Go! Jiwon-ssi! Spike that ball!" The professor yet again yelled as he tossed the spiral colored ball to the side, where Jiwon has already jumped up high the net to spike the ball; the ball was spiked beautifully, crosscourt with a very acute angle that would be hard to dig if tried.


"JIWON!!"


"Jiwon-ssi!"


"Jiwonnie oppar..."


Everybody stiffened as they saw the young man fall badly on the side, and rolled; his face showing his pain. Hayi rushed almost immediately as she was terrified of how Jiwon fell on foot first but it landed unflat but the ankle first.


"Yah! Yah! Are you alright? Can you walk?" Hayi asked, tapping his friend's cheeks to keep him conscious. She is a medical student after all so this would be a perfect time to showcase a bit of thing she had learned.


Jiwon blinked in pain but nodded nonetheless. "N-nae, I c-can." He said and forced himself to stand on his own two feet but failed; good thing Hayi carried him on her shoulders.


"Yah! You can't! Tsk tsk. Wait here." She said and ran towards the locker room where her bag was. She got a bandana inside her bag and went back again to the court; the students were around Jiwon, looking worried and asking if he's okay. The professor went on his knees to carry Jiwon to the clinic but Hayi prevented him.


"I can manage this sir, I am a med student. Please excuse me." She said and the old man backed off. He gathered the other students and restarted the disrupted class.


Hayi wrapped the bandana around Jiwon's feet and ankle as a first aid and locked it securely once she's done. "Here," she said as she stood up and helped Jiwon with his stance. "Don't put the pressure on your injured feet and walk with the other. I will support you."


"Where are we going?"


"To the clinic of course, you wimp."


"Sh-shiroyo! I'm already fine. See? You already put a great wrap on it." He grinned nervously as he insisted he was already okay and the injury was not a big deal. "I just fell badly but nothing's wrong, I'm sure."


Hayi kept dragging him and remained deaf to his excuses. "We still have to be sure. You were like a poor kid a while ago, crybaby."


"Yah! Why do you keep on calling me names!?"


"Don't shout at me! Don't you see I'm just beside you? And you're such a wimp I'm surprised."


They kept on bickering on their way to the university clinic which was thankfully only a few meters away from the gym. As soon as they reached the warm, hospital-like room, Hayi already bid goodbye.


"Please take care of him." She said as she was about to close the sliding door.


"Y-yah! Where are you going!?" Jiwon asked; he was already sitting on the bed and the nurse was already aiding his injured feet. He winced in pain when the nurse cupped where the swelling was. "Ow that fu-- it hurts!"


"For your information, I still have a class and don't worry you poor crybaby, I'll come back later. Arachi? Annyeong!" HAyi got out in a flash and Jiwon was left all alone in a room with almost all-white things could be seen: white bedsheets, white curtain, white tiles, white uniforms, everything was white.


The nurse returned from the pharmacy with a box on hand, inside were the gauze, and such things that were needed to aid his pain.


Jiwon freaked out as the nurse requested for him to sit comfortably. The young nurse has came with a doctor beside which freaked the poor boy more.


"So, let's see your injury. Those this hurt?" The doctor asked, and Jiwon could only wimper in pain.


"AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

 


Hayi looked out on the window when she heard a frail shout outside. It was another med class and her very last subject for schedule for today. She was growing impatient as she was eyeing her wristwatch; looking at the clock tick so slowly unlike before. Luckily, the professor was in no mood for a discussion today and ordered the class to answer activities that could be passed next week. Hayi did not do the activities now because she would not be able to do so, her mind was on the clinic, far away from the med department.


At last, the most waited time had come. The professor exited the room and so does Hayi, in a hurry, to the clinic. She ran as fast as she could in order to not make Jiwon wait any longer. As soon as she reached the clinic's front door, she stopped and panted heavily; running would never be her thing.


She entered the quiet vicinity and greeted the receptionist. She was ushered to Jiwon's room where the latter was watching an NBA game; he had loved to watch it live when he was still in America and now he only got to see them play on screen.


"Yo," Hayi greeted and went towards the bed where Jiwon was seated comfortably. "Sorry to keep you waiting, gaja?" She said and was about to help carry him on her shoulder again when Jiwon stopped him.


"Uh, don't worry I have this now." He said, pointing to the crutches beside the bed. Hayi nodded and stepped aside; the former grabbed the wooden support and slowly stood wiggly on his feet.


"Where's your car?" Hayi asked when they reached the university's car park. Since Jiwon's right foot was injured, he could not drive for today; Hayi volunteered to do so in order to get him home together with his car, it was a great thing she knew how to drive.


Jiwon pointed on the shiny black Montero on the far end of the alley. The two went there and Hayi had to help Jiwon in getting up on the passenger's seat. Afterwards they were all set and Hayi drove them to the Kim's place.


"What did the doctor say?" asked Hayi as they stopped by the intersection; the stoplight had turned red and Hayi pressed the break with care.


Jiwon shrugged as he remembered the traumatic experience in the clinic a while ago. He wasn't fan of hospitals and it was the first time he got injured like this so it was all new to him.


"Nothing much. He said it was a minor ankle sprain."


"Thank heavens it wasn't anything major." She said as the stoplight blinked green and turned the left of the intersection. "So you gotta be on crutches for about two to three weeks huh? How about going to school?"


Jiwon frowned as he thought about that. "Well I guess I'll be taking cabs starting tomorrow then; my baby needs to rest too." He said referring his baby to his car; boys and their toys.


The conversation ended and soon after, they reached Jiwon's house and Hayi maneuvered the car to park it on the Kim's garage. They go out of the car afterwards and went to the gate because Hayi also needs to go home.


"Well I'll be leaving then. Annyeong! Take care of your ankles alright? Don't stress it too much and don't put too much pressure and don't force it, it would only take longer to heal. Drink your meds too, it's better--" Jiwon cut her off.


"Hayi-ah, gwenchana. Don't worry about me alright? I can handle this, it's just a sprain anyway and I am Kim Jiwon the great." He reassured her which calmed Hayi down.


"Tss, Kim Jiwon the great my . Arasso, arasso. I'm leaving now, nae?" Hayi was about to take a step home when Jiwon held her arm and turned her to face him.


"Uhm, Hayi... t-thank you. Jinja komawo."

 


a/n: oh hey hi! (am i talking to myself lol) i hope you enjoyed this update~ any thoughts on this chapter? i would like to know.drop them below! <3

btw, suhyunxjinan special chapter next update! wait for it next week! :*