10 Ways To Get You Back

~ 일 ~

 

The alarm rang loudly across the whole red bedroom. Groggily, Hayi reached out her phone from where the deafening sound was coming from. Still lying on the bed, she turned it off and resumed to her once was sweet sleep.

 

Minutes after, someone came shouting from the outside of the door, "Hayi... come on now wake-up you sleepyhead you're already late!"

 

She got up and tap her phone. The lock screen popped out and Hayi's eyes widened in realization. "What the-- it's already 7:43!?"

 

As if she wasn't sleepy just a few moments ago, Hayi bolted up and began to fix herself. She took a quick bath and rummaged through her bag to put all of her stuffs inside. She opened her closet and got dressed. Good thing there's still a pair of uniform left. After she's all set she took one last glance at the mirror and put the stray of hair behind her ears. "Okay done."

 

"Hayi you should eat. I prepared bacon and eggs." Ignoring what her mom said she quickly put on her socks and shoes while combing her hair. Her mom just sighed, nothing's really new in this situation though, Hayi's already on her freshman year as a college student yet she's still the slow turtle she is. 

 

"You need help dear? I can let you use my car." Hayi's eyes enlightened at what her mom just say. That's new, knowing her mom. Her mom strongly believes that she should at least turn 20 before driving a car whenever Hayi opts to drive; she has a student license though.

 

Knowing that this is only a once in a blue moon chance, she still asked if what she just heard was correct, "Are you serious mom? You're gonna let me drive?"

 

Her mom just shrugged and fished the car keys in her pocket. "Well yes, apparently because you're running late already," she said as she drop the shiny silver object on her daughter's palm as the latter smiled from ear to ear.

 

"Wow I should be really late more often."

 

"Don't even try."

 

Laughing, she got on her feet and gave a peck on her mom's cheeks. "Mom, I'm gonna go now."

 

"Okay stay safe hun," her mom said as her daughter left the door and squeal in joy. 'Huh, kids nowadays,' she said to herself.

 

Meanwhile, Hayi already alighted on her mom's car and started it. She glanced at the clock and hissed "damn I will be late."

 

She got her phone from her bag and texted her best friend: "Yo I'll be late u better reserve me a seat there ;-)"

 

Her friend replied almost immediately: "Nothing new there bruh -3- Okok be here quick ;D"

 

Hayi was supposed to be texting a reply on her friend's message when she almost hit a truck that is parked beside a familiar house. Fortunately she swerved and avoided the poor man moving boxes to and forth. She apologized and proceeded driving.

 

"Who's moving?" She asked to herself.

 

After a few turns and stops, Hayi finally reached Seoul University. She hastily parked her mom’s car and hurried towards her first class. Running was never her forte but Hayi needs to do so as she's already 15 minutes late. It was Math and it is part of her majors. Hissing, she sped up to catch up on the elevator before it even closes. Who the hell allowed Math as the first class?

 

Luckily, she was able to get in the elevator and receive knowing looks from the others inside. Perhaps she already looks like a mess. She fixed her hair and before the door closes, she saw a familiar figure.

 

"J-Jiwon!??" or maybe not.

 

*****

 

"Ey Hayi, are you alright?"

 

She heard her friend ask her but she was too preoccupied to answer. It was lunch time and they got an hour before they separate to their respective classes. All the other students were busy eating and ordering their lunches while Hayi was an exemption.

 

"Yo Lee Hayi?" Suhyun asked the second time, but she got no response. She pouted and snapped her fingers in front of her friend's gloomy face. "Earth to Miss Lee anyone?" Finally Hayi was back from a daydream. "W-what happened?"

 

Suhyun just chuckled with the priceless reaction of her friend. "Nothing I was just asking you if you're fine but you seem to be lost in your own world. Mind to share what you're thinking?" she said as she took a piece of fry, dipped it on the catsup, and ate it. Hayi did the same; she twisted the fork to gather the noodles and ate her food. Suhyun let her friend munch on her lunch first because she's already done while the latter has just begun.

 

"So what were you asking me again?" Hayi asked Suhyun while chewing on the last fry on her plate.

 

"I was just asking if you're alright, you seem kinda out in space a while ago."

 

She sighed; well her best friend really is true. She seems to be thinking about a lot of things that's why she was caught daydreaming by her Math professor (ugh yes she made it to the class that is only 30 minutes left and still got reprimanded). She almost even spilled their lunches. Hayi wasn't the careless type so it really alarmed Suhyun.

 

"N-nothing, y-yes yes I'm fine. Thank you for your concern." Suhyun did not buy that. "No, I think you're not okay. What happened a while ago?" She inquired which made Hayi nervous. 'Should I tell her? I mean I should, right? She's my best friend after all'

 

Trying her best to speak without stuttering which was a fail of course, Hayi finally said the thoughts that have been running all around her mind from the past few hours, "I think Jiwon's here."

 

Suhyun mouth went wide open. "W-what?? He's back!?"

 

 


a/n: wow yaaaay! I finally posted the first chapter congratulations to me. It took me a lot of willpower and confidence to do  so huehue. Anywaaay, let us not focus on that. So how was this as the first chapter everyone? I would love to know your opinions! Drop them below on the comment box please? :-)