10 Ways To Get You Back

이 ~

 

Suhyun looked over to where her friend was and she found the latter wearing a dumbfounded face while sitting on their usual place. She ran over to the bench below the apple tree and sat beside Hayi.

 

"What's with the face?" she chuckled which only made her receive a glare from her friend.

 

"I got a B on my History test," the latter said while playing with the fallen leaves.

 

Suhyun scoffed, "wow congratulations on that!" Hayi punched her friend's little arm as the latter gave a sarcastic remark.

 

"Ow what's that for?" Suhyun asked while massaging the area she was hit. For a lady Hayi punches like a man. She should try joining the boxing or taekwondo team, I'm sure she'll make it.

 

"That was my thank you for your congratulations. I am kinda touched you know," Hayi said as she rolled her eyes and went back to kicking the fallen leaves. It's already in the middle of September so fall season is about to approach any day soon.

 

She heard Suhyun mumble, "well you usually get B's on History so I don't get what's wrong on saying that..." she just palmed her face, "it was only a true or false exam, you moron!"

 

Suhyun laughed echoed across the hallways of the building to which only made the girl beside her more pissed. "Are you serious? Well I should be the one calling you moron then," Hayi slapped her thighs after the former said that.

 

"Ow! You keep hitting me, I feel like an abused friend," Suhyun pouted and began massaging again her newly slapped thigh. And for the record, she slaps like those girls on the movies! Suhyun thought of how strong and sadistic her friend was... she soon dismissed the thought.

 

"Anyway, is that all you are bothered about?" She was concerned over her friend remembering what she said a few days ago. Suhyun wasn't insensitive nor a deaf nor a blind person. She knows the rumors about the so called new hot 'guy' in town and he might be the one Hayi just told her about.

 

The latter kept her eyes on the floor as she sighed, "you know about it don't you?" Suhyun just nodded, Hayi now scanned the hallways of their university. It wasn't until ten minutes before her next class and the hallway wasn't as crowded like it was a while ago. There are a few students passing by, some are busily talking with each other while others were sitting below the shades of trees like the two of them do and reviewing for a sudden pop quiz while some are sleeping.

 

"Maybe Jiwon's really back. You know they have been talking about a new hunk in the neighborhood and by the looks of it, it seems like it is really him," Suhyun started the conversation because she knows Hayi wouldn't dare open it.

 

"I don't know. What if it wasn't really him? You know. What if I'm just hallucinating?" Hayi asked.

 

"Ohhh, maybe you just missed him huh? Missing someone, I see," Suhyun taunted. Hayi just scoffed.

 

"No, I don't miss him. It has been years Suhyun."

 

"I see you have moved on now my friend," Suhyun kept retorting back at each reply she got from her friend. Hayi didn't glare nor reacted to her 'teasing' but replied with all honesty. Perhaps this is a rare heart to heart talk.

 

Hayi smiled, a fine line forming from her lips, "yes I have and if you'll excuse me," she got up and fixed herself, "I need to leave now. You know Mr. Brains professor doesn't entertain late students." She began walking farther away from the apple tree, Suhyun just smiled, concern evident on her face. She knew that her friend wasn't sure about what she had said and would likely admit it later on.

 

**

 

"Okay, what is the logarithim of three square root of four x minus one multiplied by the logarithim of x squared divided by 3 plus four, all having the bases of five?" The professor opted for a class recitation since he was done discussing the logarithims, how to expand and to condense, and he is so sure that the class wasn't ready for it.

 

The man in his forties scanned the whole room, it was evident though that everyone averts their gazes to the person in front to which makes him chuckle inwardly. Kids. He thought to himself. As he roam his eyes someone got his attention,

 

"Miss Lee Hayi"

 

Everyone finally exhaled and celebrated inside their minds because they weren't picked. Hayi, meanwhile, just came back from flying with her thoughts as she heard her name being called.

 

"S-sir," she stuttered.

 

The semi-bald man grinned, he was successful. "What was the answer to the equation I just said a while ago?"

 

Hayi lowered her head and collected herself. She was spaced out, just like yesterday and the day before yesterday and the day after that. She's physically present but somehow her mind was fastly drifiting away from her and from the university. It all started when she saw someone moving in on a familiar house. Much more on that was she saw 'him' but she isn't a hundred percent positive that he is really here. However now that the rumors have spread like wildfire, Hayi does not know if she should believe it or not.

 

She looked up to where her professor was standing and patiently waiting for her response.

 

"I-uhm," she paused and took a quick glance to her left; all eyes were on her.

 

She cleared , pabo Hayi so stupid, "I-I'm sorry sir," and silent laughs and snickers were heard. Her classmates were trying hard not to laugh but they failed and it only makes it worse. Hayi just gazed down, blood starting to rise up to her cheeks. The professor only shook his head, he had expected it already, and proceeded about the give problem's solution. The noise died down in an instant.

 

Thankfully. the class had ended smoothly. Prof. Brains as what his students call him, did not bother calling Hayi out whenever he sees the girl look outside the mirror and not on the board. He understands though. Some people usually have their 'days'. He thought to himself to which Hayi was grateful; it was rare for that professor to understand such things and this was one.

 

Hayi was packing her stuffs— an untouched math notebook and newly bought pen—when she overhead a conversation behind her.

 

"So you're gonna go later?" a girl's voice hushed the not-so quiet room.

 

"Of course girl! I am so not gonna miss it for the world," another one whom Hayi presumes the chirping girl's friend chirped back.

 

"Omg I know right, I bet he's there too!" the first one shouted excitedly. Hayi just rolled her eyes.

 

"Odg let's go! Kyaaaa~" and the two squealed to which Hayi frowned. Girls and hormones, huh. It's not like she is not like those two, she's been there and still there, but she cannot fathom why some girls tend to squeal out their feels in the public. They look like idiots.

 

"Yo what's with the face?" she looked at where the voice came from and was surprised to see Suhyun sitting on a chair beside her while drinking soda.

 

"God, you startled me!" Hayi took a few breaths before throwing her bag on her back and walked outside the room. Suhyun followed her friend.

 

"Tsk tsk. I see you are still spaced out," Suhyun shook her head slowly as if noting a sarcasm, but she's still concerned nonetheless.

 

Hayi glanced at the few crowd beside the hallways who were chatting about the so called 'later' event.

 

"What's happening later?" she asked Suhyun who has now kept in pace with her.

 

Suhyun just shrugged, "a party," Hayi just nodded.

 

The former's very small eyes opened wide as if it iwas possible after seeing her friend's response. "Oh my gawd you really don't know don't you?" she asked while giving Hayi a what-the-hell-are-you-even-serious-look. 

 

Hayi raised a brow, "what I don't know?" Suhyun finally lost it.

 

"GOD HAYI THE FROSH NIGHT IS TONIGHT!!"

 

*****

 

"Why do we need to be here?"

 

"Could you be a little less whiny?

 

"I told you I don't want to go here," Hayi said which made Suhyun look behind her and hold her friend on her shoulders. The shorter girl has been complaining about attending this party-- why do they need to attend, what will they get, how come she never knew about this, when will this party end, and so on-- and Suhyun's had enough of it.

 

"Listen, I know you. I know you are not the geek type who doesn't love parties like this okay so stop acting like a preschool kid who needs to be babysitted. I'm sure you'll love this, okay? Trust me," she said and began walking towards the entrance gate where guards are posted to keep security and "only frosh allowed" rule in tact.

 

To be honest, Hayi was nervous. Her heart was pounding like she's having an asthma attack and her chest was about to burst. She tried to breathe in and out heavily as possible to remove the heavy feeling on her chest, but it wasn't effective. Yes she likes these kinds of events but not today. Perhaps, there's a bad vibe coming?

 

She soon remembered the conversation she had overheard a while ago... "No, no. Stop acting like a weakling Hayi. Oh god," Hayi brushed off her hair to her back and trailed Suhyun who was now in line.

 

Loud pop songs banging the thick soundproof walls of the auditorium, colorful laser lights dancing with the sounds, drinks offered by the busy waiters and large crowd of freshmen students standing on the dance floor welcomed Hayi. The students were either busy chatting with their own circles or dancing to the noisy music. Hayi stood there in awe, she never thought the freshman population of this university was this big. Oh well, it's a state university anyway.

 

Suhyun pulled Hayi's arm to take her to a vacant, uh no, a spot where a few of their accquaintances were.

 

"Hi guys!" Suhyun greeted their friends with a very charming smile of hers.

 

"Hey, what took you two so long?" Jinwhan, an English major student, asked and offered the two their cups.

 

Suhyun pouted, her lips pointed to the girl beside her, "blame Hayi. God I swear she's acting like a whiny a while ago." Hayi kept shut, she has received a lot of new names from her best friend. She was hurt a bit, guess she deserved those anyway.

 

Someone chuckled behind her and encircled his long arms on Hayi's shoulders. "Well I'm not surprised," the man said which made him receive a punch in the stomach from her. Well, today is Hayi the boxer after all.

 

"Ow babe that hurts," he said as Hayi removed his arms and scowled, "don't babe babe me Yunhyeong."

 

"Why are you only calling me by my name? It's suppose to have an 'oppa'. Yah manners kid," Yunhyeong said as he messed with the girl's hair. Hayi pouted in annoyance, "I only respect people who deserves to be respected," she retorted back to the Social Science major which made the others react with 'Ohhhh' 'burrnnnnn' 'nice one Hayi'.

 


As the night got deeper, the party was relentless. There were still a few more people grooving their bodies to the beat of the music while some were already wasted and got home. Hayi wanted to go home too but no avail. She decided to not drink too much because she's afraid not of her mom but of who will bring Suhyun home. Speaking of which, the tall girl was on the dance floor and was still standing on her own two feet. That girl and her alcohol tolerance.

 

Bored, Hayi opted to go to the washroom to fix herself. She's not wasted nor drunk but completely sane enough. She washed her face to wake her up on a one in the morning party and brushed her hair Yunhyeong played with. She doesn't really like people who plays with her hair, it's sacred.

 

Hayi decided to go to where her best friend was to fetch her and drive her home when she bumped someone.

 

"Oh, sorry," she said as she helped the boy get his bag up as a sign of kindness yet she can't help saying, "next time you should watch where your going." Even if the poor boy is obviously drank, Hayi has no consideration.

 

"Nahhhhh.. it's my baddd nguh," the boy smiled and frowned a bit after realizing whom he had bumped into.

 

"Lee Hayi, wow long time no see."

 


a/n:  Chapter 2 is finally posted! I am really sorry for the awful delay. I am a graduating student so I find it hard to find time to check on this story. Most especially last week was a completion week. Nonetheless, it's already done and I can see my diploma already! Haha. I'll be able to update frequently after March. Yaaay. Anywaaaaaay, how's this for the second chapter? I never thought it would be this long though hahaha. This is my longest chapter throughout all of my writing s. Hahaha. Please let me know your opinions. Drop them down below!! :-)