10 Ways To Get You Back

~ 칠 ~

 

Hayi woke up from a deep slumber the next day. As a usual habit, she got up from her bed and did some stretching to wake her up. After that she went downstairs with her phone on hand. Unlocking the screen she found out that she got three messages: one from her mom saying that she went out early and will most likely come home tomorrow morning or afternoon, second was a spam message, and the last one was from an unknown number.

 

010-xxxx: Good morning Hayi :) Have you gotten a good night's sleep?

 

"What is this?" She tapped for a reply.

 

Hayi: Who are you?

 

It hasn't passed a minute when she heard a beep from her phone.

 

010-xxxx: Oh sorry hehe. This is Jiwon ^^

 

Oh it's him! A blush instantly crept on her cheeks. Even if she denied it she was really happy that Jiwon texted her, plus it was a good morning greeting. What a great way to start her day.

 

She saved his number to her contacts and named it Kimchi won (a play on words because his full name was Kim Ji Won and the first two syllables sounded like Kimchi, a marinated cabbage that is famous as a side-dish). She wondered though how did he got her number? Jiwon then replied.

 

Jiwon: Ah, I asked for your number yesterday right? ;)

 

Oh, is that so? Hayi forgot about that. It seemed like yesterday was just a dream; she literally dreamt of that last night, oh how a wonderful nightmare that was.

 

The two still exchanged messages continuously while Hayi prepared for school. She went to the kitchen to prepare an instant coffee, still typing a reply for Jiwon.

 

"Ouch ," she cussed as she felt her skin burn when the hot water damped her palm. But it didn't stop her though; it was also a good thing she bought prepaid load the other day.

 

Minutes passed by, Hayi was still sitting on the stool, her mug already empty and her right hand busy with her phone. The slim object beeped and Hayi was excited to look at his reply.

 

Jiwon: Yo Hayi, I'm already at school ~ shouldn’t you be here already? You have a class around 9 am right??

 

Her brows crooked, what time was it now anyway? She took a glance on the wall clock behind her and almost cussed loudly when she saw that it was already eight something in the morning. I woke up at seven sharp! Aish. Bolting upstairs, Hayi did her daily rituals and headed to the university. If not for Jiwon Hayi would have been late already. She thought she already scolded herself before going to sleep last night; saying that she should stop acting like a kid and use her time efficiently. What about now?

 

"Oh you're early!"

 

"And already looking ugly."

 

She ignored what the latter had said and proceeded to greet the one who noticed her first.

 

"Hello Jinhwan!" She greeted, a smile plastered on her lips. The not really gifted with height man greeted her with equal delight, while the other one yelled at both of them.

 

"Yah! Am I a ghost?" Suhyun shouted at Hayi, but the latter acted like she hasn't heard anything.

 

"Oppa, have you heard something strange? I'm scared, let's go now." Hayi grabbed the boy's arm and opted to run away but her friend shook his arm away from her grip.

 

"Oh Lee Suhyun you're already here? I haven't seen you coming. Gaja oppa?" She grinned at the two and was about to grab his arm again but instead she held Suhyun's arm.

 

"Oppa your face, tch." She heard Suhyun whispered. She was laughing at how her friend was acting like now but she could only do that inside her mind or else Suhyun will start creating a scene which could result to a hearing loss. That girl has swallowed a megaphone when she was still a kid, Hayi thought.

 

Jiwon smiled a what-the-heck-are-you-two-doing kind of smile and scratch a nonexisting itch on his nape. "Uh, girls?"

 

Hayi let go of her grip and grinned widely. "I'm sorry Jinhwan-ssi, I'm just kidding a while ago." She let out a peace sign to which Suhyun only glared at her; Hayi could only laugh. Looking at Suhyun right now made her day greater.

 

She glanced at her clock and half bowed her head to the two. "Sorry guys but I need to go. You know I don't want to be late anymore."

 

She passed by the two and started heading for her first class, before she could even went farther she heard Suhyun shout.

 

"Don't wanna be late my Hayi!" And a laugh was also heard. Why, was not wanting to be late anymore a bad thing? Hayi chuckled.

 

*****

 

After what it seems like forever, Hayi's finally done with all her classes. In between those discussions, Hayi found time to text Jiwon; if he's not replying, Hayi will stare outside the window and grin widely, her imagination creating scenes that includes the two of them.

 

The sky was clear yet it was still a cold autumn afternoon. The falling maple leaves gave the entire park a different ambiance; it was kind of romantic, like those seen on the evening dramas. The breeze was chilly but it did not hinder the two from walking on the park.

 

"Do you like this?" Jiwon chuckled, his long fingers cad in black mittens intertwined with hers. Hayi swore she would want to jump in the air right now and shout with all of these butterflies inside her system.

 

"Mm, I like this. Perfect." She agreed, their hands clasped tigther and both only giggled.


 

"Oppa!"

 

Jiwon ran as he heard his name being called. He received a text from Hayi saying that she got herself injured during their PE class; although they share the same subject, he wasn't able to attend the last session because of his family.

 

"Are you alright? Are you hurt somewhere? What happened to you?"

 

He asked, worry etched on his handsome face. His fingers slowly caressed Hayi's face and the latter closed her eyes to feel his warmth. After that Jiwon pulled her for a hug.

 

"Yah! Don't ever do that again arachi? You made me worry."

 

Hayi could only smile, tears of joy started to spring on her eyes. She had a bad fall from practicing a stunt for their practical on their gymnastics lesson. Her ankle was sore and she had a few bruises here and there but she's completely whole.

 

"Ara oppa, mian."


She giggled, oh how wonderful would those thoughts could have been! If only they were real though. Hayi's smile instantly died down with her realization: her imaginations cannot turn into realities because she and Jiwon had been over three years ago.

 

If only I could turn back time,

 

I'll make you mine

 

"Again," she whispered. It was soft and barely audible. Enough for her heart to hear and to realize the same way her mind did.

 

If only we can be together

 

Just then Hayi thought of something, why can't they be together again right? Since love is sweeter the second time around, it would be the same for them right? Right?

 

"Woah Hayi you're such a genius!"

 

On her way home, she remembered to thank Jiwon for reminding her of her 9 am class. Grabbing her phone, Hayi typed a message of 'thank you for reminding me or else I would have been late again kkk~'. The recepient immediately sent out his reply.

 

Jiwon: Nah, you just have a bad memory. Aigoo still not changing eh? Hehe.

 

Hayi felt another weird thing on her body, her tummy was bubbling and she was feeling hot on her cheeks. I haven't felt this for a while.

 

"And of course," he said after sipping on his drink. "I missed everyone here. I missed you too, Hayi." He said as he began twirling his fork to fetch strands of noodles; Hayi was left flabbergasted and unable to speak. 'What could that mean?'

 

After getting down on the bus, Hayi jogged her way home; excited and thrilled to write the ideas forming inside her so called genius mind.

 

*****

 

The next morning Hayi went to her first class, her hair was ponytailed and there was a cute hairclip, her uniform ironed neatly even though her mom wasn't there, and her face, she had prepared going to class this day. 

 

Walking inside the room, all the faces were looking at her. It was as if they had seen an idol. Who wouldn't? Even Donghyuk who was about to sleep has his eyes widen because 1) what the-Hayi was waaaaay early (she was fifteen for God loving minutes early), and 2) she was even smiling!

 

However, the girl wasn't mindful of all the eyes watching her. When she turned her gaze to the side though, everyone moved their heads away from her and resumed to what they were doing. She shrugged and went to her seat.

 

Lee Hayi doesn't know whether she's still sane or completely desperate. All she knows was she had just shown her friend a list, more like a step-by-step plan, on how to get him back.

 

Since she was early, there were only a few students inside the spacious room. One of those students was her best friend who, as of the moment, staring at the notebook she was holding, her eyes as wide as she can imagine it could be, and forming an 'O' while reading through the list.

 

"You are kidding me right?" Suhyun asked, all looking puzzled and flabbergasted. She has not believed her entire single life that Hayi would resort to this solution. My, my, I guess I should have had a heart to heart talk with her days ago.

 

Hayi looked at the list then back to her friend and shook her head. "Ani and I need you to help me."

 

Her friend just laughed and slammed the notebook on her desk. "Oh Hayi, you are soooo not going to do this." Oh crap, she's really serious wasn't she?

 

She just smirked and raised her first up in the air. "I am, and I will get him back."

 


a/n: hello my lovely friends! This is a pretty short update, I know hehe. But it's where the important part is lmao. Am I right? or wrong? Anywaaays I hope you uys like this update! I will be updating next week so stay tuned! I love you guys! I never thought you will like this ahehehe. <3 

and the story begins. :D