10 Ways To Get You Back

~ 오 ~

 

"Where are we going?" Hayi asks the boy beside her. It was a cold winter day and both of them are walking towards a destination only the young boy knew. She was freezing but she let that thought slide since

 

"Where are we going?" Hayi asks the boy beside her. It was a cold winter day and both of them are walking towards a destination only the young boy knew. She was freezing but she let that thought slide since being with him was more than comforting.

 

The boy grinned, looking at her beautiful features. Her large shining eyes that makes him melt whenever she looks at him, her sharp-pointed noise that crinkles whenever she smiles, and of course her lips, who could not love her pink full lips? It makes him want to kiss him all day. Not that he sounds like a ert to ever think of something like that.

 

"I don't know. You guess," the boy said earning a pout from her girlfriend. They were close now. Only a few blocks more.

 

"Yah! We've been walking for like forever and you're making me guess? It's so cold, don't you know that? Aish." Hayi's ranting made other passersby turn at them. Of course Hayi doesn't care, she has always been like that and that also was one of the reasons why he fell in love with this girl, Lee Hayi.

 

The boy intertwined their cold fingers, palms closing in the gap. "There," he said while pulling up their hands and breathing air on them. "Now it's warm." He smiled and resumed walking.

 

Hayi was left stunned. Jiwon and all his mushy stuffs! Butterflies have already gone dancing in her stomach and blood began rising up to her cheeks. She knew him and all of this, but really, who could not turn beet red with those?

 

"Daydreaming again, missy?"

 

Hayi went back from her thoughts after hearing a familiar voice. She turned into where the voice was and she was correct. "Mom" She went to her mom to greet her with a kiss on the cheeks. "You got home really early. Why is so?"

 

"Hi to you too Hayi. Oh, yes I got home early because I really don't have work today. I just went to the office to see some stuffs, and because the boss called for a meeting."

 

Hayi nodded. Her mom has gone to the kitchen to get drinks. "Do you want juice?" her mom asked, Hayi said yes.

 

As her mom returned to the couch with two glasses at hand, she gave one to her daughter and asked: "how about you? Don't you have any classes at this hour?"

 

Hayi sipped some of the drink, it was lemon juice. "Speaking of that, I should go." She grinned after receiving a frown from her mom.

 

"Why are you home anyways? You kid, you're always late!" Her mom said while Hayi got her bags and approached the door.

 

"Bye mom!"

 

*****

 

Her daydreams about Jiwon have gotten worse. If before was Hayi worrying about Jiwon's arrival, now was Hayi imagining Jiwon and everything related to him. She thought she had turned crazy. After all, she was completely sane; she had the usual mornings and school routines. Not until she saw someone moving things inside his house and even him on the campus. Ever since then, there were no normal mornings and usual school routines to Hayi. It was as if she's over thinking about things and such.

 

"So that would be all. I wouldn't give a take home activity for today since you were all attentive at my class. If you guys were always like this, how easy would this subject be? Class dismissed."

 

It was her last class for today. Good thing she arrived five minutes early from home or else her professor would not let her enter the room. She got out with high hopes of seeing Suhyun. She was about to go to the mall to shop since she already got her weekly salary. Hayi applied for a part-time job as a cashier at a coffee shop near their campus because; well let's say she was just bored.

 

But when she went to their place, the bench under the tree, there were no tall girl with large brown curls. Hayi frowned, where could her friend be? She checked her phone to see if she got any messages from her and she did.

 

Suhyun: Hayi Hayi~ mianhe. I wouldn't be able to make it since Jinnie-oppa and I are preparing for our report tomorrow. You take care, arachi? Sorry again. TT TT

 

Hayi nodded as if Suhyun said that personally. She understood her friend since Suhyun already told her before that even though she at mathematics, her stat professor believed that she can do it. So Suhyun really put a lot of effort to not fail her professor. But then the former noticed something.

 

"Jinnie-oppa huh?" She grinned while placing her phone inside her bag. Something has happened and Hayi wants to pry on her best friend to know what it is. "Oh well, I'll just ask her when we finally meet."

 

In the end, she decided to not go to the mall today. Maybe she'll just do it some other day or perhaps on Friday. She thought of her possible schedule three days after today. Right, after her math class she doesn't have anything to do besides a shift at seven in the evening. The issues settled then, Hayi giggled in glee while passing the corridors of the Home Economics department. She's taking a longer route to the university's exit just because she felt like doing so.

 

She passed two blocks after that and was nearly at the exit when she saw someone again. Who could it be? Of course it's none other than Kim Jiwon himself.

 

Hayi hid behind the bush. She knew she looked like an idiot for crouching like that instantly, receiving knowing looks from the other students. She didn't care, just as long as Jiwon can't see her. She doesn't know why she's acting like this anyway. Jiwon and she were both enrolled in the same university so the chances of them seeing each other were roughly more than fifty percent. Hayi knew that that's why she's hiding like this whenever she spots him at a distance. Like for example at the cafeteria where she turned her back on his direction and pretended to talk to the group of friends she didn't even know, also at the library where she accidentally got a book and saw him on the rack across hers, she immediately returned the book which created a loud sound and ran far away from him, the next day she got a knowing look from the librarian, she just shrugged. There were also times when both of them had the same P.E class; Hayi almost locked herself inside the stockroom the whole time just so she can't be seen by the boy. Good thing her attendance was already recorded.

 

She looked dumb almost every time Jiwon's near her radar. So this wasn't new already. Hayi took a peek on the bush's hole to see whether the boy had already left. She giggled, Jiwon hasn't left yet but Hayi got the perfect angle to look at him. Yes, yes. The Lee Hayi has turned crazy.

 

But why was she hiding anyway? The truth was... Hayi was afraid to meet him. Not like he was a ghost or something, but she felt like she was still not ready. How would she greet him on their first meeting after three years? What would she say? 'Hi there! Long time no see', or perhaps 'Hey, what's up?' She doesn't really know. She doesn't want to act as if she doesn't remember the boylike those who has Alzheimer's, she's not that immature.

 

That's why up until now, she can only at him from afar.

 

*****

 

There are days when you just want to disappear from the world because you are so much stressed; Hayi was like that. Today, let's say, was one of her unlucky days. No she wasn't late; in fact she was early by ten minutes for her first class. She only had two classes this day and she could not believe that those two classes can be equal to a whole day of school work and cashier work.

 

"I'm so sorry Hayi but I'm afraid I cannot give you reconsideration."

 

"Sir, I can do a three-page essay. How many words do you want? A thousand?"

 

Professor Choi sighed, "none. Don't worry though, I wouldn't fail you." He reassured the young girl in front of her.

 

"But sir--" Before Hayi can even continue objecting, her Geography professor already cut her off. "No buts. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to prepare for my next class." Then he left immediately.

 

Not only that, Hayi had Mathematics as her next class. She was already feeling down and her professor in front standing on the platform wasn't helping her case.

 

"Okay, pop quiz! Get your papers and pens ready."

 

Everyone complained but the math professor still pushed through the surprise exam. It was only a thirty item exam, one point each problem and needs a solution to be correct. Hayi frowned as she looks at her paper, 25 out of 30. No that wasn't her score, it was all her wrong answers which just meant she only got five problems correct.

 

She crumpled her paper and threw it inside her backpack. Hayi could no longer look at it for it looked like nightmare; the before was white paper now turned into red because of the corrections. Sighing, she got out of her last class. Good thing it's already over. Couldn't she be unluckier than this?

 

Suhyun wasn't replying to her messages too, which made Hayi only sadder.

 

"Boo."

 

"What the fu-" Hayi was shocked and turned around to slap the man who surprised her.

 

"Ow, why are you always hurting me babe?" The boy caressed his swollen left cheek. That's what he got if he messed with a pissed Lee Hayi.

 

"Cut out with the babe Song Yunhyeong." She barked.

 

"Hey, hey easy there Collins-- ow-- I mean Hayi. What's wrong?" Yunhyeong received a pinch on his right arm as he called Hayi through his dog's name. He figured that she was not having a good day so before Hayi can even began ranting and when that starts it wouldn't end until she gets to sleep, Yoyo already pulled her arm and walked towards the parking lot.

 

"Y-yah! Where are you going? Let me go you son of your mother!"

 

She was dragged to his car and before she could even shout again he stopped her. "Hep hep, you need to chill. Let's go to the mall? I heard you wanted to go there, shall we?"

 

They went to the mall after fifteen minutes of drive. The mall wasn't far from the university so it only took them a matter of time before they entered the building. The first thing that they did was to buy an ice cream, which helped Hayi cool down a bit. And then they went on visiting different shops. Hayi wanted the cool shirt she saw at the racks; Yunhyeong insisted on paying for it so they most likely ended up bickering about who's gonna pay. In the end, Yunhyeong won and Hayi only rolled her eyes. That was good since it will save her money from being spent. Hayi began ranting about her day; Yunhyeong was all ears.

 

Finally, they decided to go home. It's already 30 minutes to six in the evening and Hayi has to work for her seven pm shift at the coffee shop. Yunhyeong dropped her off in front McDonalds and wondered why she alighted here. He didn't acquire though, he doesn't want Hayi to start nagging again like a parrot.

 

"Thanks a lot, Yoyo oppa." She said as she got down from the car. Yunhyeong grinned, "That's a miracle! You called me oppa!"

 

"Shut up. Okay bye." Hayi already slammed the door close so that he could no longer reply with his stupid remarks.

 

Truthfully, she went here to think. Walking slowly, Hayi went to the drive thru passage of the said fast food chain and sat on the cold asphalt. She leaned on the wall and tried to close her eyes.  It may look like she's a beggar or some kind of an addict, but she didn't care. She always never cares.

 

A few moments later, a roaring engine and screeching tires was heard on the road. Hayi finally let out a sigh. It took a while huh. She was always like this, whenever she feels bad she on here and waits for a car to approach the drive thru station so that she can leave. It's her quiet space, although it wasn't really silent at all since the restaurant was noisy as hell and the traffic on the road with all those beeping cars was not different at all too.

 

"What do you want guys? Okay, one quarter pounder with large fries, two double cheeseburger, and three hot caramel sundaes."

 

She removed her earphones and stopped the music playing from her phone. She opened her eyes and as soon as she did, she regretted doing so.

 

"Woah, H-hayi?"

 

She froze. It was really an awkward place for their first meeting. Hayi was sit on the road where he was inside his car, looking down at him with an amused expression on his face.

 

"J-Jiwon," she said as she got up and patted her pants.

 

Jiwon's grin grew wider. "Wow just wow Hayi, long time no see."

 

Hah! Great, she scoffed in her thought. Just how unlucky am I this day!!??

 


a/n: HELLO GUISE! Happy April Fools!! I was supposed to post this chapter last night but I became busy coughs bigbang coughs yg coughs we've been trolled. So now here it is! Finally they met. I guess this story is progressing very slow. Aahhh. What can you say? By the way I read all of your comments! I loved all of them. Thank you so much! Also to the subscribers! This is nearly celebrating it's one month yaaay hahaha. I love you all guys! <3 (by the way the next update would be some time next week. Stay tuned! :D)