Chapter 28

Storm Rising

Jisun awoke with a start, every muscle in her body on alert. She quickly sat up and looked over at the other bed. Squinting through the darkness, she saw that it was empty. Yongguk was gone.
Without waiting for her mind to reason out an answer, she kicked the blanket off and quickly climbed out of bed. She left the bedroom and looked down the hallway. There were no lights coming from the other rooms or the bathroom so she continued down the stairs. In the living room, her breath hitched in when she saw the front door open and she hurried across the room.
"Jisun?"
She skidded to a halt and turned to see Himchan coming out of the kitchen. He was holding a glass of water and giving her a confused look. "What are you doing?" he asked.
"Yongguk's outside." she replied.
In a split second, the look on his face changed in to surprise and then to worry. He quickly set the glass on the tv stand. At the same time, Jisun turned around and swiftly went outside. She reached the edge of the porch and glanced around as Himchan joined her.
"There." Himchan said and pointed across the yard.
Her eyes followed to where his was pointing and her body sagged a little in relief. She let out a shaky breath before taking in a deep breath and willing her heart to stop racing.
Himchan stepped off the porch and she followed him. They made they way bare footed through the grass to where Yongguk was standing in sweats and a tanktop.
"What are you doing?" questioned Himchan as they moved next to him.
The older male didn't reply and stood as still as a statue, not even acknowledging their presence. His gaze remained upwards as he stared off in to the night sky. The same spot she had caught him staring at when he was living with her.
Jisun blinked at him in disbelief before quickly looking away. "He did this before." she quietly stated while trying to hide the pain in her voice. They way she felt whenever he was 'gone'. Knowing the only thing that worked when he was having a moment, she reached her hand out to grab him. Then Himchan's fingers wrapped around her wrist, stopping her. She turned her attention to him and gave him a curious look. He was too busy looking up at the sky as well to see it though.
"Are you that homesick Shishi?" Himchan asked.
It took a while for her mind to process what he meant. Then her eyes widened and she let out an audible gasp.
Himchan glanced at her before nodding, telling her that her silent thought was correct. "You can't see the light from our sun here." he told her and looked up at the sky. "It's too far away. But that is where home is. Mato."
She lifted her head and turned her gaze to the stars, seeing them with a new perspective. This whole time he had been looking at his home. Was there anyone looking up at them? Seeing a black spot in the sky as well. Is there a star positioned perfectly between the two worlds that they can both see its light? And how many other worlds were out there where someone was asking the same thing?
She broke out of her thoughts when Himchan lightly squeezed her wrist. She blinked and brought her gaze down to meet his. "Let's get him inside." he said with a little smile on his face before letting go of her.
She swallowed and nodded her head. She turned to Yongguk who was oblivious to them still. Slowly, she reached out and brushed her fingers over his hand. Then he blinked and lowered his head.
He glanced downwards, staring at her hand barely touching his. Then he twisted his hand around and clasped their fingers together, intertwining them. He looked up and met her startled gaze. "Jisun." he whispered, his voice sounding hollow.
She felt her heart skip before speeding up. Her jaw shook slightly until she forced it to stop and made her lips spread in to a smile. "You were sleep walking. Come on."
He blinked at her and then glanced around, seemingly confused as he surveyed the yard. She tugged him a little, getting his attention, and then he finally began to follow her. She lead him across the grass with Himchan at his side to the porch. Just as they were about to enter the house though, he planted his feet and stopped.
"This happened before." he declared.
Jisun whipped around to stare at him, her eyes widening. She looked at Himchan and saw the him looking at the other male in shock.
"This happened before." Yongguk reiterated. His eyes darted around, not really seeing anything. "I wasn't sleep walking. I... I had another... episode."
dropped open. It was a memory. He remembered something and she stood there frozen, her body going numb at this revelation. Then a frightened cry tore from as Yongguk swayed before dropping to his knees.
"Shishi!" Himchan quickly dropped to his knees also and clutched at Yongguk. "Are you okay?"
Jisun fell to her knees to, more from her weak legs giving out than anything. Her chest constricted, making it harder for her to breath.
"I'm fine." Yongguk rasped out while squeezing his eyes shut. "I just got dizzy."
Himchan his lips. "Does your.."
"My head's fine." he insisted with a hint of annoyance. "I just got dizzy. It'll pass like it always does." He reached up to pinch the bridge of his nose and slowly exhaled. Then he sat up straighter and opened his eyes.
Jisun stared intently at him. It didn't seem like he was hurting but she couldn't feel relieved. Instead she watched, waiting for something bad to happen.
"Come on." offered Himchan as he put Yongguk's arm around his shoulders.
As they both got to their feet, she slowly stood up as well. Despite the shakiness of her legs, she followed them in to the house. When they reached the stairwell, Yongguk assured them that he could manage on his own and Himchan hesitantly released him. Then the older male grabbed the banister before going up one step at a time.
At the second floor, they went in to the bedroom where Yongguk collapsed on to his bed with a sigh and closed his eyes. Himchan asked once more if he was alright which was met with another annoyed response. Then the pink haired man frowned a little before leaving the room.
Jisun went over to the other bed and sat down on it. Her hands gripped the edges while she continued watching Yongguk.
His eyes opened just enough for him to meet her gaze before he closed them again. "Are you going to watch me all night like an angel?"
opened but no sound came out. Her mind fumbled through words, unsure of what to say.
"I really am fine." he reassured her. "Lay down and sleep."
The words barely registered in her head while her body remained frozen in place. Then he opened his eyes and looked at her. He furrowed his eyebrows and sat up. "Are you really that worried?"
She blinked at him, finally coming to her senses as she let out a shaky breath. "Of course." she uttered breathlessly.
"Why?" he questioned as he scooted to the edge of the bed, moving closer to her.
"Because I care about you." Those were the first words she thought of. Instead though, she dismissively said, "All of us are just really worried about you." Then she watched as he frowned. He didn't appear angry though. More like he was... confused. An odd look filled his eyes but he quickly looked down before she could figure out what it was.
"I remembered something but didn't get a headache." he quietly said. "So can you at least tell me if I had those kind of episodes with you?"
She hesitated, extremely reluctant to tell him anything. But he was right. He didn't get a headache, only dizzy. So it wouldn't be bad... right?"
"Y-yes." she stuttered. "I thought you were sleep walking at first but then it happened during the day. One minute you were talking and then you were... gone."
He slowly nodded before lifting his head to look at her. The soft smile on his face was warm but it didn't quite meet his eyes. "Thank you." he told her. Then he crawled backwards and laid down. "Get some sleep. Please."
She swallowed thickly. When he made no other movement or said anything, she finally forced her body to move. She laid in bed, keeping her eyes on him. Then after several minutes that felt like hours, her eyelids drooped close and she fell asleep.

Jisun jerked awake and quickly sat up. It was early morning now and the light from the dawn filtered through the window. She looked over at the other bed in the room and felt her heart stop when she saw it was empty.
She climbed out of bed and hurried out of the room. The house seemed quiet as she descended the stairs. In the living room, Himchan was stretched out on the couch still, his breaths light and even as he slept. A quick glance at the front door showed that it was still closed and locked so she went to the kitchen.
As she passed through the doorway, she noticed the jar of strawberry jam on the counter and came to an abrupt stop. The lid was off of it but she didn't see anyone in the room.
Slowly, she shuffled forward and around the island counter. That's when she gasped as she spied a figure kneeling on the tiled floor.
"Yongguk!" she exclaimed and knelt down in front of him. She placed both of her hands on his shoulders and felt his whole body shaking.
"I'm... fine." he said, his voice hitching.
Not convinced, she her lips and took a deep breath. "Himchan!" she loudly yelled.
Moments later, Himchan rushed in to the kitchen. He hurried around the counter, stepping over her, and knelt down as well. At the same time, the back door opened and Zelo appeared.
"What's going on?" the youngest asked as his eyes widened at the sight of them kneeling on the floor.
"Get Youngjae." Himchan ordered and without a second of hesitation, Zelo ran out of the room.
"I'm fine." Yongguk weakly said again. He straightened up to look them in the eye but he still leaned against the island counter.
"What happened?" Himchan asked him.
The oldest his lips and opened his mouth. Before he could answer though, there was a loud ruckus as several people ran in to the kitchen.
"What happened? Are you dizzy? Do you feel sick? Is there any pain?" Youngjae rapidly fired off as he crowded around Yongguk as well. Zelo, Jongup, and Daehyun remained on the other side of the island but peered around it so they could still easily see what was happening.
Yongguk closed his eyes and groaned. "I said I'm fine."
"Did you eat my jam??" Zelo suddenly asked, panic in his voice. "I told you no one can eat it!"
Jisun's mouth opened a little in surprise. Then even more so when she heard Himchan curse under his breath. "Why did you eat it?" he questioned.
Yongguk opened his eyes and looked at Jisun. "Cause I knew I would like it."
She inhaled sharply as she stared at him. It was what she had told him out on the porch.
"What did you tell him?"
She jumped and turned her attention to Himchan. The harshness in his words and the angry glare he was giving her caused her to wilt. Guilt welled up inside her. This was her fault. She caused this by telling him something she shouldn't have. "I... I just..." she whined.
Suddenly a hand roughly grabbed her and she was hauled up off the floor. She stumbled to her feet and turned to see Daehyun holding her, dragging her towards the living room.
"Hyung!"
Then just as suddenly, she was grabbed and Daehyun's hand was ripped away from her. Everything was happening so fast, all she could do was stand there in shock as Yongguk punched the guy who had grabbed her. Daehyun stumbled back a couple of steps before Yongguk grabbed his shirt to pull him in closer. Then he planted a second punch and sent Daehyun crashing to the floor.
When Yongguk took a step forward, she snapped out of it and wrapped her hands around his arm. "Stop!"
By that point, Zelo and Jongup were standing between the two of them. Both of them had looks of surprise on their faces. Not to mention Daehyun whose mouth was hanging completely open as he stared up at the older male.
Yongguk dropped his fist and took a step back. He turned to Jisun and seemed just as surprised by his own actions as he blinked at her. Then his head lowered at little as he looked at the floor. "Don't... touch... her." he uttered. Then his body sagged and he was falling.
Jisun yelped as she caught him in her arms but his weight sent her to her knees. They landed on the tiles, sending waves of pain through her body. She ignored it though, more concerned about the man who was resting his forehead on her shoulder.
"Yongguk." she said, unable to strengthen her voice to keep the worry out of it. He didn't say anything and she slipped her arms out from under him. She wrapped them around his shoulders instead with one hand running though his soft hair. "Are you okay?" she asked.
"Your hair." he blurted out.
"My... hair?" She looked up at Himchan who was standing over them. He had a puzzled look on his face as well.
"It smells like strawberries." Yongguk elaborated.
"Uh... yeah." she told him. "It's the shampoo."
"You bought it for me."
Her eyes widened, panic setting in again. She nodded her head at Himchan, confirming the statement. She had been using it since his disappearance. Partly because it was just what she had but also because it reminded her of him.
Everyone glanced around at each other, utterly silent with shock. Then Jisun jumped as he threw his arms around her waist.
"It hurts." he whined. "My..." He let out a small cry and clutched her tighter.
Fear seized her. The hand that had been running through his hair shook just as her jaw quivered. She quickly looked up at Youngjae. For him to do something. Anything. But there was fear and panic in his eyes too.
"But it's... I'm not ready." he proclaimed. Then he shook his head before turning and running around the other side of the island. As passed by Zelo, he grabbed the boy by the arm. "I need calculations." he stated and dragged the redhead to the dining room.
Jisun her dry lips and turned to Himchan. "What... What do I..."
"Stay with him." the guy whispered to her. He sat down and leaned against the cabinet next to her. A far off look filled his eyes as he stared across the kitchen.
She turned to the other two still in the room. Daehyun was sitting up now, his hands clutched in to tight fist and his jaw clenched shut. There was anger in his eyes but he wasn't looking at her. Instead his gaze stared on Yongguk. Jongup moved toward her and sat down beside her. His face was void of his usual bright smile. Replaced by such sadness that she felt her heart break even more.
"It's okay." Jongup quietly said as he directed his gaze toward his hyung.
Jisun swallowed and her head jerked in to a small nod. She closed her eyes and held on to Yongguk even tighter, feeling his body shake under her. Every whine and whimper of pain was like a dagger through her chest. "It's okay." she croaked as she began to rock. "It'll be okay."