Chapter 24

Storm Rising

Jisun parked behind the store and the two of them climbed out of the car. Zelo told her he was going to be out front most of the time while she worked. Then he rolled away on his skateboard he had brought with him. She warned him to be careful before going through the back door.
Work was uneventful as the time slowly ticked by. Every so often, she would peer through the front windows and see a red haired boy skateboarding on the sidewalk. She smiled to herself at the fun he seemed to be having before turning her attention back to the customers.
There was about ten minutes left of her shift when she heard a familiar voice calling her noona. She glanced up and smiled. "Taking a break?" she asked.
"Yeah." Zelo answered with a little chuckle.
"I'm almost done." she told him and indicated the clock.
He nodded his head and left to wander around the shop. She turned away when something caught her eye. She looked through the front window and narrowed her eyes as she watched the man across the street. He was lounging on a bench but what stood out was his blond hair. She couldn't tell if it was the same blond guy that had been following her that one day but nevertheless, the hair on the back of her neck stood up.
She turned away and busied herself with organizing the shelves. She kept glancing at the clock and after five minutes, she discreetly looked out the window and saw him still sitting there. Then she let out a frightened squeak and jumped when someone touched her arm.
Zelo quickly let her go and raised his eyebrows. "Are you okay noona?"
"Uh... yeah." she said while taking a shaky breath. She pressed her lips together while looking out the window and eyeing the man once more. Then she went back to her task, making herself look busy. "I don't know for sure," she muttered to Zelo, "But I think that's the guy that was following me one day."
Zelo scanned the items on the shelves. "Where?"
"Across the street on a bench. Blond hair." she replied.
"I'll be back." he told her and walked away.
A few seconds later, she heard the front door open and close. Her heartbeat sped up as she took a couple of deep breaths. She resisted the urge to turn and watch though, no matter how worried she was beginning to feel for the younger boy. Instead, she focused on her work and hoped he would come back soon.
"Jisun, you're shift is over."
She glanced at the clock and smiled at her boss. "Right." Then she finally looked out the front windows. She didn't see Zelo anywhere and the blond guy was gone as well.
Biting her bottom lip, she went to the back of the store and quickly grabbed her things. Then she went out the back door and searched the parking lot. He wasn't back here either.
She walked up the driveway to the sidewalk and looked around. What was she suppose to do? Leave without him? Was he... hurt?
She set off, searching the crowds of people for him and his red hair that made him stand out. Then she inhaled sharply when her arm was grabbed and she was pulled in to an alley. She stared wide eyed at the man holding her and went to take a step back.
"It's okay." he hurriedly said. "I'm a friend." Then he held up a chain with dog tags on them.
The letters F.I.E stood out underneath a bunny icon. The same one B.A.P had on their tags.
"Come on." he urged and pulled her down the alley.
She let him lead her through the alley as her mind tried to catch up. "Where's Zelo?" she questioned.
The man didn't answer as they left the alley and came up behind a couple of stores. She opened to ask him again when she was suddenly yanked away from him. She turned to see Himchan next to her before quickly looking back.
Daehyun had the mysterious man pushed up against the wall and the guy made an odd sound. Then Daehyun stepped back and she saw the glint of a bloodied knife in the boy's hand. A second later and the man slid to the ground before slumping over, a red stain spreading on his shirt.
Jisun's frightened scream was cut off as she brought both hands up to . She watched in horror as Daehyun leaned down and grabbed the chain around the man's neck. He yanked it off, breaking it, before examining it.
"They're using our ing tags!" he angrily exclaimed as his grip on the chain tightened.
Himchan brushed past Jisun and crouched down. He pulled the man's wallet it out and opened it. He grabbed the money out of it and stuffed the bills in to his pocket before wrapping the wallet in his shirt. He wiped his prints off and then let it fall on top of the body. "Mugging gone wrong." Then he stood up and turned to Jisun. As he approached her, she quickly stumbled back.
He froze and blinked at her curiously before slowly raising his hands. "Jisun." he softly said.
She felt her whole body start shaking as her gaze shifted back to the dead man. Tears welled up in her eyes and her legs grew weak.
"It's okay." Himchan murmured and took another couple of steps to close the distance.
He grabbed both her arms and it was like her mind suddenly snapped. She let out a strangled cry as she tried to pull back, to get away from him, but he only squeezed harder.
"He would have hurt you!" proclaimed Himchan.
She stopped and stared in shock at him. Then the tears began to roll down her cheeks.
"We won't hurt you." he continued, slowly saying each word in emphasis.
She swallowed before a small sob tore from her. She didn't fight him this time as he moved closer and wrapped his arms around her, hugging her.
"He got in a car so I lost him."
She pulled away enough to look behind and saw Zelo jogging up to them. When he looked at her, his eyes quickly widened.
"Are you okay noona??" he worriedly asked.
"She's fine." Himchan answered for her. Then he indicated with his head.
Zelo peered past them. "Ohhh." he uttered in realization before giving her a guilty look.
"Are we done standing around already?" questioned Daehyun.
Jisun shifted to look at him and saw him casually standing there with his arms folded. He looked more bored than anything. As if he hadn't just killed someone. Then Himchan moved and blocked her view.
"Let's go." Himchan declared. Keeping one arm wrapped around her, he turned and lead her through the back alley. They passed the dead body but with the way he pressed her against him, pushing her head in to him, she didn't catch a glimpse of it. As if he was making sure she didn't see it. Grateful, she held on to him.


Yongguk laid in bed as he flipped through his little book again. Suyun had said she needed to run to town and practically yelled at him to stay home. He promised he wouldn't leave the house and he kept his word. Despite the nagging feeling in the back of his head that told him to leave.
He flipped the pages until he landed on the one that said 'Shishi'. It was the only page that didn't make any sense to him with its nonsense word.
"Shishi." he uttered out loud. Then he winced and quickly shut his eyes. The room spun violently and he swallowed a couple of times as nausea built up inside him. This dizziness was getting really old, really fast.
At that moment, he heard the front door open and slam shut followed by hurried footsteps. He sat up and shoved the book under his blanket.
"Hey, I'm back." Suyun said as she appeared in his doorway. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah." he replied and lightly shook his head. "I just keep getting dizzy so I laid down for a bit."
She raised an eyebrow at him. "Any headaches?"
That question was getting really old too. "No." he assured her and looked up at her. "No pain."
She pressed her lips together thoughtfully before nodding her head. "Alright. I'm gonna be busy but I brought you lunch. It's on the table."
A small smile formed on his face. "Thanks."
She smiled in return and then turned. She disappeared in to her room and set the bag she had been holding down. He watched her curiously cross the hall as she pulled out several bottles and placed them on the table.
Standing up, he left his room and entered the hallway. He narrowed his eyes and noticed that the small bottles had the same exact label. Then he turned and made his way to the kitchen.
He found the bag of food on the table and he pulled a hamburger out of it as he sat down to eat.

A couple of hours later, Yongguk was watching tv when he heard his sister calling for him. He stood up and went to her room. She was sitting by the table and scribbling something down.
"Yeah?" he asked.
She glanced at him before turning away. She grabbed a syringe that was filled with a light pink color and set it down on the table. Right next to the other stool. "Up to you."
He blinked at the syringe before eyeing her. She just sat there, watching him. Then he swallowed and walked to the stool. He sat down and offered her his arm.
She quickly grabbed an alcohol wipe and cleaned a small spot on his arm. She picked up the syringe and pressed it to his skin. "Let's hope this works."
Yongguk winced a little as the needle pierced his skin. As she emptied the liquid in to his veins, a warm sensation crept up his arm. Then she pulled it out.
"How are you feeling?" she questioned, her face etched with concern.
He stared at her for a moment before his lips. "Fine."
She stared back at him, several seconds of silence filling the room, until she asked, "Just... fine?"
"Yeah." he replied. He went to stand up but his legs gave out and he sat back down. The room suddenly spun as his eyes drooped close.
"There we go." Suyun commented as she grabbed him.
He leaned against the table and swallowed before shaking his head. He felt his sister rubbing a hand soothingly on his back.
"How are you feeling? Is there any pain? Are you going to be sick?"
"No." he uttered. "I just feel... tired." He let out a little whine. "I want to lay down."
"Okay." Suyun agreed.
He stood on his shaky legs and leaned on her for support. She lead him out of her room and across the hall to his room. He opened his eyes and looked at his bed as the room spun. Then everything went black.

Yongguk jerked awake and his eyes shot open. He stared up at the ceiling as he tried to catch his breath and calm his racing heart. Swallowing, he sat up and looked around. He was in his room, the fading light from outside barely illuminating it. He glanced out the window and saw how dark the sky was getting. Just another minute and the sun would be down. He had slept most of the day away.
He kicked the blanket off and stood up. He swayed a little but his legs held him up. Then he left the bedroom.
He walked through the hallway and entered the living room. Suyun was asleep on the couch with a chemistry book laying open next to her. Staying quiet, he went to the kitchen and got himself a glass of water.
As he took a sip, he thought back to what had woken him. He closed his eyes and the darkness of his dream came back to him. Or rather, nightmare with the pain his body had felt.
Wincing, he set his glass in to the sink and turned around to leave the kitchen. He remembered from his little book something about a cave nightmare. He wasn't sure if this was the same one but he wanted to write it down anyways.
He went back to his room and made his way to his bed. At the sight of the messed up covers though, he froze. The last thing he had remembered was Suyun taking him to his bed. Not actually getting in to bed.
He quickly yanked the blanket off of the bed but the book was gone. He hurriedly checked under his pillows before dropping down. He scanned the floor, hoping it had just fallen while he was sleeping. Nothing.
He gritted his teeth in annoyance before standing up. He left his room and crossed the hall to Suyun's room. He shuffled through the papers on the tables and looked everywhere. Then he noticed a small bedside table next to her bed with a drawer in it. He quickly made his way to it and grabbed the knob. It didn't open though. He scanned the small table for keys.
"Look under the tables."
He stopped at the sudden thought and furrowed his eyebrows. He turned to the big tables with the chemistry equipment and stared at them. Then he went over and crouched down. Secured to the underside of the tables were several sheaths that held different size blades.
He grabbed a knife and pulled it out of its hiding place before going back to the bedside table. He jammed the knife halfway through the crack. Then he lifted with all his strength. The wood drawer groaned under the pressure before a metal clang rang out and the drawer opened.
Yongguk set the knife down and pulled the drawer open the rest of the way. Inside was a little book and he grabbed it. He opened it to the first page and saw the familiar faceless person staring up at him.
Relief flooded him for a brief second before a wave of dizziness slammed in to him. He closed his eyes and leaned on the small table to steady himself. Half-images flashed before his eyes, too fast for him to process.
His body shook as he opened his eyes and he inhaled a shaky breath. Then he narrowed his eyes and reached in to the drawer. His fingers grasped the metal chain as he straightened. He held it up and examined the metal dog tags. One said 'Lee Su Yun' and the other said 'Chiyumato'. Both had the initials of F.I.E and bunny symbols.
"Shishimato."
"Yongguk."
He spun around and saw Suyun standing in the doorway. dropped open as she noticed the two objects in both of his hands. Then she moved towards him, "What are you.."
"Stop!" he suddenly demanded, cutting her off.
She instantly stopped her advance and her eyes widened. "What?"
He his lips as he eyed the dog tags. Another wave of dizziness surged through his body but he forced himself to fight it and stay on his feet. "Who are you?"
"What??" she questioned, surprised.
"Who are you?" he repeated and looked at her.
"I..." She blinked at him curiously. "It's me Suyun. Your sister."
"Suyun is a liar."
He eyed the book in his other hand before looking at her once more. "No you're not." he uttered.
Her eyes grew even wider as dropped open again. "What..."
"You're not my sister." he insisted. "Who are you?"
She slowly closed and swallowed. Then she took a step forward. "Yong.."
"Who are you?!" he screamed, causing her to jump and stumble backwards.
He watched as opened and closed silently. She kept glancing between him and the dog tags in his hand.
"Who are you?" he asked again. Then he winced and shut his eyes from the pressure forming in his head.
"Please let me help you." Suyun weakly said.
He opened his eyes and looked at her. Worry etched across her face as her eyes gave him a pleading look.
"Then tell me who you are." he told her. Then he his lips. "And who is the girl with the strawberries?"