Chapter 9

Lipstick, Lollipops, and Love

 

 

She opened her eyes and scrunched her eyes from the blinding light on front of her. 

 

 

Looking to her side, she saw Seunghyun, shirtless and still sleeping with a hand in the pizza box that was now empty.

 

 

Dara smiled, capturing the perfect mood of this moment, not wanting to let go of it.

 

 

She stood up, and stretched her arms, walking closer to the window. Her eyes widened at the breathtaking scene of a lake and..well what seemed to look like a mini-forest. There were pine trees scattered in front of her, and a pure blue glistening lake looked back at her, welcoming her to come in.

 

 

"Hmm..Maybe I should go for a swim.." Dara hesitated as she walked downstairs to open her suitcase. Upon opening it, she shifted through all of the millions of clothes, and finally found her two piece bathing suit. It was a blue bandeau with matching bottoms. (Picture here)

 

 

She smiled at it and went back upstairs with a pen and paper. On it she wrote: 

 

 

'To TOP: I'll be back in thirty. Going for a quick swim. If you wake up before I'm back, I'm at the lake in front of you. BYEEE~!' 

 

 

Dara placed it right next to Seunghyun's head, and gently kissed his forehead and got up to leave.

 

 

-

 

 

"No tresspassing. Private Property." Dara read as she pouted at the sign. She tiptoed to look at the lake that seemed to be luring her in. 

 

 

Looking around her, she saw that no one was there except for her house and another house that looked just as extravagant as theirs.

 

 

"Oh well.. We're neighbors right? We're supposed to be caring and loving for each other!" Dara giggled as she carefully stepped over the wooden post.

 

 

She then quickly skipped towards the wooden deck and stretched again, making sure she wouldn't pull any muscles in this small lake.

 

 

"GOOD MORNING SOUTH KOREA!!" Dara yelled at no one particular. Then she jumped, diving into the clear blue surface and swimming all the way to the other side of the lake, which took a few minutes to achieve.

 

 

After swimming for about twenty minutes, Dara felt sore and crawled to the shore and wrapped herself in sand.

 

 

She laid there, appreciating the wonders of nature. It was August, so it wasn't too cold, not too hot. Just perfect.

 

 

"Excuse me?" Dara suddenly heard, opening and eye to see who it was.

 

 

It was a really pretty long red-haired girl who was also wearing a bathing suit.

 

 

Dara quickly sat up and bowed at the girl, "I'm sorry if this was your lake, I just wanted a quick swim in it. Mianhabnida!" 

 

 

The red-haired girl giggled and sat next to Dara. "I'm Park Bom! I live right there." Dara saw her point to the house that was next to theirs.

 

 

"Oh! We're neighbors! I live there!" She pointed to the house next to Bom's, "And I'm Sandara Park. Nice to meet you!" 

 

 

"Hey! We're both Parks! Yaay we can be the Park sisters now!" Bom clapped her hands happily, a gesture that Dara had always done.

 

 

They both smiled at each other, clicking with each other's personality immediately.

 

 

"Oh, and this lake is ours, by the way! Only the families that live in these two houses own this pool." Bom said, applying sun block to her skin.

 

 

"WHAT?! Really?! I did not know that.." Dara murmured as she drew meaningless figures in the sand.

 

 

"This place is really cool! I've been living here my whole life and that house over there, which is now yours, has been empty for about 2 and a half years by now. I've been getting lonely!" Her new friend explained, making Dara get an interested gleam in her eye.

 

 

"Why was it vacant for so long? That house is really pretty too.." Dara whispered, glancing at the house's beautiful exterior.

 

 

"The family that lived in there had two kids, a sophomore boy, who is probably now entering college, and his older sister, Dami, who i was super close with, had a fight with their parents, and the boy ran away to America.." She explained, looking at now Dara's house with a pained expression.

 

 

"I was really close with Dami..but not the boy. He was two years younger than me, so I didn't bother to hang out with him. Apparently he wasn't doing so well in school and his parents abused him a lot.. I'm not sure if it's a hundred percent sure though!" Bom held up her hands and looked at her light pink nails, which looked freshly painted.

 

 

Bom glanced at Dara, "Dami left with her boyfriend to go live in Jeju, and so her parents moved away, somewhere else in Seoul," Dara nodded in understanding the situation when Bom continued, "But, now that you're here, I finally have a swimming buddy now!" She clapped her hands for the umpteenth time that day but suddenly quieted down when he saw a man coming towards them.

 

 

"Dara!" The man that Bom was looking at called out, causing her to whisper to Dara, "Who's your hot boyfriend over there? He's a hunk!" 

 

 

Dara burst into laughter at her new friend's comment, "Naww, he's not my boyfriend! He's been my boyfriend since we were born." She paused, facing Bom so Seunghyun couldn't see them, "Why.. you interested?" Dara wiggled her eyebrows up and down, making Bom blush.

 

 

"Hey Seunghyun! C'mere!" Dara said, and saw that he was wearing swimming trunks and a t-shirt to cover up his abs.

 

 

"Seunghyun, this is Park Bom, Bom, this is Choi Seunghyun!" She made them shake hands, which were shaken very awkwardly.

 

 

"Hey there.." Seunghyun said, making Bom's cheeks blush into a light pink, almost the same as her nails.

 

 

"Hi.." Bom shyly answered, tucking a bunch of hair behind her ear as she stared into his eyes.

 

 

Dara instantly fell a goody goody connection between her new friend and her best friend. People would think that she'd be jealous, because if Seunghyun ever had a girlfriend, then Dara would feel lonely and not wanted, but to her, it was the complete opposite. She wanted Seunghyun to have a GOOD and TRUSTWORTHY girlfriend, and build some habits of not clinging to her all of the time. 

 

 

She wanted him to spread his handsome wings and go find another girl. 

 

 

And Bom seemed to find the right man.

 

 

"Hey Sandara, let's go hang out at the mall later! I want to introduce you to my friends." Bom suggested, watching Seunghyun take off his shirt and dive into the lake.

 

 

"Stop staring, Bom, you're disgusting me.." Dara smirked, which earned her a click of the tongue from Bom, "And sure, I'll go. It doesn't hurt to make friends, right?" She smiled, and so did Bom.

 

 

"Yeah..making friends will be good.." Dara repeated, but more quietly this time, somewhat worrying how her first attempt to making friends with girls will be like.

 

 

"It'll be good...for me and Seunghyun..Yeah..." Sandara Park nodded her head, reassuring herself.

 

 

______

Short chapter!

Happy Veterans day! :) 

It's Sandara's birthday tomorrow, WHICH WILL MEAN TOMORROW WILL BE A FUN CHAPTER  or maybe the day after because I need to write about somtehing else.. OR MAYBE I'LL DOUBLE POST TMRW HEHE

Thanks for the new subscribers!

Read, Share, Subscribe, and Comment! 

I love you guys ♡♡

 

★kwonjiyong