Chapter 2

Lipstick, Lollipops, and Love

 

The two best friends laid down against their parents' headstones and watched the clouds move across the spring sky, everything was tranquil and calm.

 

"Let's move to Korea," Seunghyun requested abruptly, slightly surprising Dara.

 

The sounds of birds mating in the sky filled their silence as Dara laid there, thinking about his idea thoroughly.

 

"What made you think that?" She questioned quietly, somewhat absorbed and interested in his idea.

 

"Well..the Johnsons wouldn't know where we would be for a while, or maybe even for forever. We can speak Korean fluently, and we have the money, so why the hell shouldn't we?" Seunghyun explained as he brushed his fingers over the stem of a yellow daisy and pulled.

 

"Language, Seunghyun." Dara warned, totally breaking the serious atmosphere.

 

"Dara. I'm dead serious right now." 

 

She sighed, brushing her fingers over the grass and weeds beneath her, "I don't know Tabi..I really like California. I like the bright sun shining down on us all the time, and I love how all these hot male celebrities live close to us," she stopped, wiggling her eyebrows up and down as Seunghyun rolled his eyes, "And..well.. California reminds me of all of the memories with mom and dad.." 

 

Seunghyun looked up to the clouds, "I'm 100% sure you'll see hot KOREAN celebrities in Korea too, ya know.. And the sun shines bright anywhere in this world."

 

Dara smirked at his wittiness as he went on, "And Dara.." He began to say, "Bad memories lie on this ground, and the good ones stay up here” Seunghyun tapped her forehead lightly.

 

“B-but” 

 

“Dara..” He interrupted, cupping her face with his two hands, “We started this together, and we’re going to stay together till the end.”

 

The latter bowed her head, ashamed that she even thought about leaving her best friend alone.

 

“Hey,” Seunghyun lifted her chin up with his two fingers and looked into her eyes, “I’m not going anywhere without you.”

 

After his comment, Dara raised her eyes to meet his.

 

He placed the daisy he had picked moments ago gently behind her ear, making sure the stem didn’t poke her uncomfortably.

 

“A daisy represents friendship, and that’s the type of relationship we have between you and I, and it’s going to stay that way forever and ever, as long as I am alive on this planet.” Seunghyun told Dara, who was taking in his soothing words.

 

At a loss of words at his touching confession, she merely whispered, “Seunghyun..”.

 

“I love you too much to be without you for even just a day..” Her eyes stung, the tears behind them fighting to reveal themselves to the world.

 

She took in a deep breath, “And if you feel like going to Korea is the right thing to do, I’d be obliged to go with you.”

 

After a moment of serenity between the two, Dara wrapped her arms around Seunghyun’s neck.

 

Seunghyun chuckled softly, “I never knew this Santokki loved me this much” He embraced her as well, smelling the scent he will never forget.

 

Dara’s eyes widened as a series of memories passed her mind.

 

Flashback

 

“Daddy~!! DADDDY WHERE ARE YOUUUU!” The five year old Dara ran about, trying to find her dad.

 

Seunghyun followed behind her, “You little bunny, the whole point of hide-and-seek is to LOOK for the missing person, not ask where they are you dummy!” 

 

“SAYS WHO! I can make the rules for my own game, Tabi!!” She pouted and looked around and saw a glimpse of her father’s red flannel shirt blow in the wind behind the tree.

 

“DADDDDDDY I FOUND YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!” Dara squealed as she ran towards the tall tree, not looking at the ground while she was running.

 

She tripped over her Barbie tricycle, and closed her eyes, trying to brace the pain that was about to come.

 

But it never came.

 

Dara opened her eyes slowly and saw Seunghyun, who was looking at her worriedly.

 

“You bad little bunny! You could have died!” Seunghyun nagged at the rabbit, who’s lips quivered.

 

“Awww, my Santokki, are you okay?” Mr. Park picked up Sandara from the ground and twirled her around in the air. 

 

His daughter began squealing in delight as the quiver and tears that was about to take place disappeared behind her giggles and happy screams.

 

She looked over to Seunghyun, who was looking at her and her dad with jealousy; she didn’t know why he would be jealous, but Sandara didn’t care since she was in the arms of her daddy.

 

Mr. Park let her daughter down to the ground and kissed the top of her head, “My little Santokki, let’s go in and eat some cookies! You need some energy after all of that running and exploring!” 

 

And so they went into the house with Seunghyun, who was jealous, but because of a reason Dara did not know about.

 

End flashback

 

Seunghyun felt something wet on his back so he pulled back from their hug and found Dara quietly sobbing.

 

“Oh my, what have I done...What’s wrong, Santokki?” He asked, using his thumb to wipe away her reappearing tears.

 

Dara shook her head and smiled through her tears, “Nah, it’s just that I had a memory of daddy calling me that.” 

 

“What? Santokki?” After seeing Dara nod, Seunghyun grinned, “Aww you little cutie c’mere!!” He grabbed her head and messed up her hair, slightly aggravating her.

 

“YAH! Don’t touch my hair like that! You’re messing it uppppppp” She whined, shaking her head.

 

“You’re the one shaking your head, which is FYI, making it more messed up than it already is!” Seunghyun argued back, causing Dara to giggle.

 

“Tabi! I have two nicknames for you now! Tabi and Top!” She clapped her hands like a little girl, as she drew meaningless pictures on the grass with her finger.

 

Seunghyun hit his head in annoyance, “Why?! Those names are so stupid!” 

 

“Don’t you dare call my name creations stupid! You yourself are stupid, so don’t go blaming your nicknames!” Dara stuck her tongue out, stood up and ran.

 

“WHY YOU!!!!!!!!!” Seunghyun stood up as well and started to chase Dara around in the cemetery. 

 

It was a peculiar sight, seeing two freshly graduated high schoolers run around in a cemetery, laughing hysterically like four year olds.

 

After a few minutes, they felt tired so they laid back down again, with Dara cuddling Seunghyun.

 

“You laugh like a hideous crow.” Seunghyun remarked, making Dara sit up properly and glare at her best friend.

 

“At least I don’t sound like a dying dog.” She smirked, and the latter made a gross face.

 

“That’s animal abuse! Don’t compare me to a dying animal!” Seunghyun pouted, resulting in Dara pinching his cheeks.

 

“WHY ARE YOU SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!” She squealed, giggling furiously.

 

Seunghyun laughed at her cute gesture, then paused, “Why Top, though? It’s so random..”

 

Dara pouted, obviously thinking of a legit explanation, “Well..You are on the top of my list of my loved ones and also it rhymes with Tabi! Sorta...”

 

He chuckled at her adorable description of his nickname, becoming fonder of it by the moment.

 

“Maybe it’s because you don’t have any other loved ones besides me HAHHAHAHA!” Seunghyun clutched his stomach and laughed, provoking Dara to poke his stomach.

 

“At least I have a built stomach, whereas you have a chubby one.” Dara matter-of-factly said to his face, making him glare at her.

 

“You stubborn bunny!!!” Seunghyun was about to tickle her when Dara stopped, hearing something in the distance.

 

Seunghyun heard the noise too, and quickly pulled Dara behind the headstones.

 

“The ing bus took them here, so they're probably here looking for their ing ty parents! I’m SURE they’re here!” A voice rumbled throughout the cemetery.

 

Dara noticed a fence behind them and so did Seunghyun. They both looked at each other, counted to three and jumped over it.

 

Them jumping over caused the whole fence to collapse because of its old age.

 

“THEY’RE OVER HERE! THE ERS ARE OVER HERE!” A man shouted, bringing three men to come forward to the fence, which was now flat on the ground.

 

Seunghyun and Dara stood there weaponless and no where to go. They were in an isolated area, so there were no busses to escape into this time. It was a dead end.

 

“, our plan backfired.” Seunghyun spat at the ground, glaring at the four men who were coming their way.

 

“Hello kids, I shall introduce you to what I call, Mr. Tazer!” A dity pot-bellied white man came forward, holding a tazer pole, as well as the other three men behind him.

 

Dara peeked at the ground below them and saw a hose and faucet that was hanging against a tree and her mind sparked with an idea.

 

“On three, men.” The so-called leader announced to his gangsters.

 

“Language, Seunghyun.” She warned, inching backwards, going nearer to the hose.

 

“Not the time to nag, Dara!” He whispered rather loudly, frustrated that he couldn’t do anything. He was getting ready for some hand-to-hand combat and was trying to figure out how to get rid of their tazers.

 

“THREE!” The gross men yelled as they started charging towards the two teens.

 

Dara acted quick and grabbed the hose, “SEUNGHYUN GET BACK!” 

 

Seunghyun immediately retreated, believing in Dara.

 

She pointed the hose at the four men, whose tazors were currently on, and turned the faucet until water started coming out, but barely anything came out.

 

“Out of plans, Miss Dara?” The ‘leader’ of his pack smirked as he came nearer.

 

Right before the man reached Dara’s personal bubble, the hose came to life and shot out water, electrifying the man in front of him. She then turned the hose to point at the remaining men, and electrified them too.

 

After a few minutes, Dara set the hose down, and calmly walked over to where Seunghyun was standing with an amused expression.

 

“What?” She said, as if nothing happened. 

 

Behind her, four men laid electrified, which probably meant they were dead, all due to Dara’s amazing tactic. 

 

“Impressive. Let’s go get some dinner, I’m hungry!” Seunghyun complimented, holding out his arm for Dara to take.

 

“Let’s go!” She replied, linking her arm with his.

 

And the two friends walked off as if nothing out of the ordinary happened, and headed to eat a celebratory dinner with a smile on their faces.

        

 

 

_____________________________________________________________

Thank you for the new subscribers in only the first chapter! 

I HOPED YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER :)

I wanted to show you guys how their life was before they went to Korea, so be patient for some Big Bang and 2NE1! Hehehe~

Read, Comment, and Subscribe?