Chapter 11

Lipstick, Lollipops, and Love

 

 

Seunghyun paced around the house, worried about his best friend. It was 5pm and she still wasn't home. Does a doctor's appointment really take 3 hours?

 

He shook his head and decided to take a walk, or maybe visit Bom to get Dara out of his head for a few hours.

 

-

 

'Where am I?' Dara thought to herself and she opened her eyes.

 

She saw two pairs of eyes on her: Seungri and some chinky-eyed doctor with brown hair.

 

A spot in her heart was disappointed, she half-expected Jiyong to be waiting for her to wake up.

 

After realizing what had happened, Dara suddenly sat up quickly and tried to get out of the white bed when a painful streak of lightning clashed with her knee.

 

Seungri immediately went to her aide, and chuckled as he picked up the frail girl wedding style and placed her onto the bed again.

 

"Sandara-ssi, I don't think you should walk for a couple of weeks, it's going to hurt and bruise your muscle tendons." The chinky eyed doctor informed Dara, who was very confused at the moment.

 

"Hello, I'm Doctor Kang, but I prefer Daesung, since you call Dr. Lee, Seungri." The doctor that introduced himself smiled, which comforted Dara.

 

She nodded acknowledgingly and laid back onto the fluffly pillows that were behind her, she decided to get into serious business.

 

"Dr. Ka- I mean Daesung-ssi, may I talk with you in private?" Dara asked, glancing at Seungri, who became sad at her words.

 

Dara smiled at Seungri, thinking his actions were rather cute at the moment and pinched his cheeks, "Aww you're so cute!!" 

 

Seungri blushed a deep crimson as he left the room and closed the door behind him. 

 

Dr. Kang faced Dara and waited for her to start her story.

 

~

 

"So..you want me to keep your presence here a secret to anyone that asks?" Daesung asked, after listening to her entire story.

 

"Yeah! It's just..something..my parents told me to do." Dara looked up at the ceiling, letting the sad memories rush beyond her eyes.

 

"Oh, I see..Well, it's actually allowed for a patient to control his or her privacy, so I guess you're okay!" Daesung paused, thinking before moving on, "And..may I ask, how you know you have heart cancer?"

 

Dara's voice quieted as she explained it to the doctor, "My mother and my grandmother and my great great grandmother and so forth all were hosts of heart cancer, so it's a 99% chance that I already have it, due to heredity genes. Kinda sad, I know, but it's life. Whaddya expect!" She smiled, trying to think best of this disease she had.

 

"Yes, then you most likely do have heart cancer.. Since you pass out, throw up, and get very high fevers, it's very, very possible." The doctor stopped for a moment and looked at the girl in front of him and admired her. It was really a once in a lifetime chance to meet this kind of girl; quirky, chic, funny, and sweet. Plus she was beautiful. It was sad that such a gorgeous human being was the host of heart cancer.

 

"I hate to break it to you, Sandara-ssi.. but.." 

 

"Please call me Dara, I think we should become closer so I can be more comfortable in telling you everything about my symptoms!" Dara interrupted him, who smiled at the favor and went on.

 

"I hate to break it to you Dara..but..most heart cancer patients have to have a heart surgery with the heart of a donor. Hearts are usually the most hardest to find, since out of the many people who die, only a few can be matched to you, and those few are usually snatched out of our grasp.." Daesung softly said, but Dara's smile didn't falter.

 

"I'm fine with how many years, months, weeks, or even days life has given me, so I'm fine with dying. As long as I die happy of course," She winked at her doctor, who blushed momentarily before becoming serious again.

 

He did not want this girl to die.

 

"But just in case, to increase your chances of living your amazing life, I think we should sign you up into the emergency donors list anyways?" Daesung suggested, lifting his shoulders as a gesture of hope.

 

Dara thought that would be reasonable; it didn't hurt to try, right?

 

She nodded and asked him to sign her up, and he hastily agreed.

 

"But doc, if I don't get a donor in time, how long do you think I have to live?"

 

Daesung's eyes waivered for a moment, he seemed to be thinking and doing calculations in his head. Dang, no wonder he was a doctor.

 

"Approximately about 200 days? Six months, most likely." 

 

Dara nodded, satisfied with the time she has, since she doesn't believe a donor will get to her in time.

 

"That means I have 200 days left to take care of Seunghyun.." She whispered, too low for the doctor to catch what she had whispered.

 

The doctor cleared his throat and looked at Dara, "I need to have you in weekly checkups, each checkup being almost three hours, due to x-rays and analyzations and such. Check in with the front desk to schedule your next appointment next week, and.." He reached into his coat pocket and shuffled around to find what he was looking for, "Here." Daesung handed her his business card, "Contact me whenever something's up, or if you have a question. I'll take your call anytime."

 

Dara smiled at his doctor and attempted to get up, "Thanks! Seeya next week!" 

 

Daesung stopped her from moving from the bed, "Nuh-uh-uh! You gotta get crutches first!"

 

She reailized that her knee was still sprained and facepalmed herself, "Ahh why am I sucha babo! I'm becoming like Seunghyun more and more!" 

 

"Hey Kaeri, send someone in with bonding supplies so we can get a cast on in Room 204." Daesung ordered through a telephone that was attached to the wall. After hearing a reply, he put the phone back onto its receiver.

 

"There's going to be someone here in a few seconds, and I have to tend to another patient. I'm glad I met you, Sandara Park!" Daesung straightened his collar and left, the door closing with a thud after him.

 

Just like Daesung's words, there really was someone here in a few seconds, knocking on the door for permission.

 

"Come in!" Dara called out as the door opened, revealing a man with a rather grumpy face.

 

Their eyes both widened as they saw each other.

 

"Sandara.."

 

"Jiyong.."

 

Jiyong coughed as he walked over to the counter and grabbed the clipboard that held all of Miss Sandara's information.

 

"So, Sandara Park.." She saw his eyes widen at something on the clipboard, that caused him to check his phone for some reason.

 

"Is something wrong?" Dara asked anxiously, feeling her heartbeat rise again, but not because of medical reasons, but for a reason she did not know of.

 

There was no answer to be heard from him, he simply opened up the cabinets and searched for the supplies.

 

After a minute or so, he gathered everything and set them in front of Dara's legs, and asked for permission to see her right leg.

 

She laid out her right leg in reach of Jiyong's hands, and he slowly began to roll up the hem of the white hospital pants she was currently wearing.

 

Dara felt her skin tingle as he very SLOWLY completed this step of the process. A sigh of relief passed as he finally took his hands off of her to get the bandages.

 

Jiyong's face looked very sad as he gently brushed his fingers over the bruised skin under and above the knee, and cursed silently.

 

"Why are you swearing? Did you do something wrong?" Dara asked hesitantly, seeing that he wasn't in a very pleasant mood at the moment.

 

"No. It's nothing. Sorry for swearing in front of you." He plainly said, and began to wrap the long bandage around her calve and upper knee.

 

Dara fell silent at his reply. 'So now it's cruel, stingy, and moody Jiyong, eh? Well two can play at this game!' She thought, biting her lower lip as she thought of a way to get back at him.

 

"OW!" Dara cried out, clutching her knee in the process. Jiyong looked alarmed, and quickly wondered what went wrong as he gently massaged her muscles.

 

"PUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAHA" Dara started laughing her off, and Jiyong was again alarmed at her reactions, "AHAHAHA YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE OH MY GAHHHH AHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" 

 

The realization slowly crept over Jiyong, and noticed Dara wasn't in any pain at all. 

 

"I should seriously get a Grammy award or something for this acting!" She giggled as she laid back onto the pillows again.

 

"Don't do that again." Jiyong growled through his gritted teeth as he restarted his bandages.

 

"It was worth seeing you care, Jiyong, thanks." Dara growled back at him. 

 

Her words seemed to hit him for some reason, which made him stop doing what he was doing.

 

Jiyong traced Sandara's face with his eyes and thought that the girl from the plane hadn't disappeared.

 

He then continued, almost finishing his work, as a smirk crept up onto his lips.

 

"Why are you smirking! Did you put a bug in there or something?!" Dara accused, pointing at Jiyong with an obvious fake expression of anger.

 

He chuckled at her gesture.

 

He chuckled at her gesture.

 

He chuckled at Dara's gesture.

 

He chuckled at Dara.

 

'He chuckled at me..' She thought as the birth of millions of butterflies burst in her stomach.

 

"You should keep that cast on until your appointment next week, it'll be replaced with a new one after that. It probably will only stay on for two weeks, so don't do anything that requires strenuous stretching, exercise and whatnot." Jiyong advised Dara, who looked like she was having a heart attack of LOVE~

 

Dara merely nodded, still taking in the fact that Jiyong had nodded at her.

 

She thought he would leave the room like the moody person he was, when unexpectedly, he suddenly strode towards her direction.

 

Her body was embraced by Jiyong's strong, firm arms. She breathed in his wonderful scent, when reality struck her.

 

Jiyong was hugging her.

 

'KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA' Her mind exploded as she wrapped her arms around his nape.

 

A strange feeling overwhelmed Jiyong when he felt her arms around his neck, but he enjoyed it despite its alienity to him.

 

She felt him chuckle against her neck, "I'm sorry for not saving you fast enough..You might have not even gotten this cast..Stupid me..But at least your alive right? Haha.." 

 

"Jiyong..." Dara felt tears tug at her eyes. So this was the brave man that had saved her from almost crashing and shattering the glass door into pieces?

 

"And..Happy birthday Sandara Park.." Dara's eyes widened at his words. Birthday? It was her birthday today? 

 

He leaned in closer to her and kissed her forehead, causing billions and billions of fireworks to set off in her body.

 

Jiyong quickly walked away and left the room, but slid down the wall right next to her door.

 

"What the did I just do........" He didn't know what caused him to do all of those things. But he knew one thing for sure.

 

He enjoyed it.

 

__________

HEHEHEHEH

I'm getting giddy at my own story..Is that a bad thing?

I think it's pretty unhealthy LOL

Happy Birthday SANTOKKI! I love you Sandara Park♡♡, you're my wonderful 2ne1 bias, and I will never let go of my daragon bias either ;)

Despite the troubles YG is going through right now, thank you for staying strong for everyone with your bright personality!

Congrats to Big Bang for the EMAS~~~~~~~~~~~~ OMG~~~~~~~~~ I DIED THAT NIGHT~♡♡♡♡♡♡♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO HAPPY AND PROUD OF THEM! All five of them were on that stage as one, as Taeyang✰held the MTV award in his hand! 

So freaking proud ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥:'( tears seriously came out that night!

And 2ne1 also won the MTV iggy awards!

Dayum, what would we do without YG, huh? :)

Again, Happy birthday Sandara Park! You're old, but you look and act so young! LOVE YOU ✩✩✩

 

Thanks for reading! Comment? teehee

I love ya'll!

 

★kwonjiyong