Chapter 19

Lipstick, Lollipops, and Love

Jiyong's grasp around a page from his yellow memo pad he ripped out earlier tightened.

 

Then he flattened out the crumpled yellow page, and read the address on it and matched it with the door for the umpteenth time, making sure he was at the right house.

 

He stood in front of a white, mahogany door and it seemed to be waiting for him to knock it.

 

He was in front of a rather large and expensive-looking house, not a cheap apartment. He smirked at the thought of the house's owner getting so successful in so little time.

 

"I guess a couple years really does make a difference." Jiyong murmured as he built up the confidence to knock on the door.

 

*KNOCK KNOCK*

 

"Who's there!" He heard a voice inside, and he didn't bother to answer.

 

After a few seconds, the door creaked open, and there stood a lady, whose face changed a bit, but it was still overfamiliar to Jiyong.

 

The lady looked at him and widened her eyes, not believing the sight in front of her, "J-Jiyong-ah? Kwon Jiyong? Is that you?"

 

Jiyong slightly nodded his head, afraid of what her response will be.

 

"YAH!!!! Do you know how freaking worried I was about you when you left off like that!?!??!" She screamed as she jumped into Jiyong's arms.

 

The latter didn't respond and simply just accepted her hug; he was nostalgic of her presence. And he had no idea of what to say.

 

She pulled back after a long minute and stared at Jiyong, who was audible at the moment.

 

"Yah, are you deaf or something?! OR ARE YOU MUTE NOW?!?!?!" She screamed even louder than before, which finally made Jiyong think of an idea.

 

He took his hands and fixed them into positions on his heart, and then his ears, and then his mouth. He kept doing this until the lady's eyes in front of him widened.

 

"YOU'RE MUTE?! WHAT HAPPENED?! IT'S ONLY BEEN A FEW YEARS!!!" Tears threatened to come out at seeing Jiyong in a state like this.

 

Jiyong thanked the lord for taking American Sign Language in middle school.

 

"Let's go see your docter, I need to talk to him. Maybe there's something we could do to make you talk, I'm never letting you lose your handsome voice, you can rap and sing and your voice is just amazing! Let me go get my bag and we can go in my car. Are you alri---"

 

"I'm fine noona, I was just playing around with you. Geesh, you can't even take a joke 4 years later?" Jiyong abruptly interrupted his sister's plans.

 

She just stared at him, realizing that he was only joking, and that he wasn't really what he said he was.

 

"YOU FREAKING NUTBALL!!!!" She pounced on him and gave him a knuckle head sandwich, drilling holes into his head.

 

"AHHH DAMI NOONA STOPPP MY HEAD HURTSSSSSSSSS" Jiyong shrieked, bringing out the girly side of him.

 

Dami stopped immediately, scared that she might hurt her little brother. Then helplessly, she hugged him, "I missed you Kwon Jiyong.." 

 

"I missed you too noona!" Jiyong smiled at his sister's loving warmth. A special connection he had with his older sister.

 

-

 

"So you need some money for your school tuition?" Dami raised a brow as she watched Jiyong beg on his knees.

 

"Please noona! I wasn't going to ask you, but I realized I was only a few thousand dollars short! When I become successful, I'll pay you back for sure!!" Jiyong pouted at his older sister, trying to copy Puss'N'Boots. 

 

But c'mon, Jiyong is way cuter than Puss n Boots!

 

Dami hesitated for a moment, with her index finger delicately placed on her chin. 

 

Within moments she nodded her head, "Fine, give me your checking account number, and I'll wire it through there." 

 

Jiyong's face brightened as he heard his sister's words, "REALLY NOONA?!? OMGG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!" He jumped up from his knees and hugged Dami extremely tightly.

 

"J-Jiyongggg I'm chok-in-g" 

 

"OOPSIE DAISIES~~" Jiyong said with too much excitement as he let go.

 

Dami grinned at her little brother, and looked at the clock. Her smile disappeared as she saw the time reach 4pm.

 

She turned her head towards Jiyong and plastered a fake smile on her face, "Sorry bro, but I have to be somewhere by 4, so I'll see you later?"

 

Jiyong nodded, and after numbers were exchanged, he left the house, and walked down the curb to find the subway station.

 

Right before he reached the subway station, before his feet reached the escalator down to the station, he heard several muffled voices in the opposite direction.

 

He rose his head to the voices and saw three hooded people going in the direction towards Dami's house. But he easily shook his head, why would they go there in the first place? They have no matter with her.

 

Worries lifted off of his shoulder immediately as the escalator took him down, and another girl that went by the name of Sandara Park filled his mind.

 

-

 

"Yeah, she's okay. She came home!" He said, replying to the girl over the phone, "I'm fine Bom..No you don't need to come over! Just rest at home! I'll call you in an hour, okay?" 

 

After listening to a response, Seunghyun ended his call and turned to Dara, who was on their new couch, watching television from their new 32" flat screen.

 

She was watching the reruns of what seemed to be Dream High (A singing drama). The characters in the drama had begun singing on the stage, belting out notes to an upbeat song.

 

Seeing a stage of artists singing made Dara think back to the business card that was still in her back pocket. She felt the outline of the card, and Seunghyun caught her.

 

"What the..is your itchy or something?" He cringed at the sight of her scratching her own , "Dang, I didn't know Sandara Park was gross like this..Ew.." 

 

Dara glared at him and threw a cushion at his face, "Take that, you scum!" 

 

"WHAT?! SCUM!?!" 

 

"Yes, you are a scumbag." Dara stuck out her tongue at him, causing him to pout.

 

She giggled softly and crawled over to Seunghyun, who was on the other side of the couch, and leaned against him. She watched two characters step onto stage to perform a ballad.

 

"Seunghyun..." Dara whispered as she saw the two characters exchange a meaningful glance, and she wondered if they were in love in real life.

 

"Hmm?" 

 

"I want to see and be on stage, just like these people!" She said, smiling at the screen as the two characters held hands as they sang a lovey-dovey tune.

 

There was no response from Seunghyun, but Dara didn't notice because she was lost in her own world of thinking of how the crowd would be like if she were on stage.

 

But in Seunghyun's head, he began thinking of ideas. Ideas that will make Dara happy.

 

And making Dara happy was all he wanted.