Chapter 20

Lipstick, Lollipops, and Love

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

 

Dara woke up at 6am sharp to the sound of her alarm clock and sat up in bed, stretching her arms.

 

Today was Saturday, the day she was going to audition for Seoul University. 

 

She quietly crept out of bed, careful not to wake Seunghyun, though he probably wouldn't notice since he's such a heavy sleeper.

 

Then she opened her walk-in closet and went in, only to realize that she doesn't have a lot of clothes, since they had to move around a lot in America.

 

Cursing herself for not finding formal attire, she decided to go shopping, since auditions start at 2pm. She wondered if there were any shops opened, so she opened her laptop and searched the internet for any early-opened shops.

 

❖ Dong Dae Mun is opened from dawn to dusk for wholesale shopping, casual or formal attire, shoes, accesories and more! For directions, click here ❖

 

Dara smiled to herself for finding one so quickly! It was a ten minute subway ride, so it was close enough so she could make it in time for the auditions.

 

She wore a sweater and some sweatpants and grabbed her wallet, and wrote a small note for Seunghyun, in case he wakes up before she's back. Which is unlikely.

 

-

 

"Hello and welcome to Dongdaemun! It is currently 6:30 AM, and we hope you have a great day shopping!" The loudspeakers greeted Dara as she stepped into the very large mall. There were millions of 7 feet by 7 feet cubicles in this building, and each cubicle had it's own little store with it's owner. 

 

She read the sign that was hanging on the ceiling that said, "Casual Attire : 1st floor. Formal Attire : 2nd floor. Accesories: 3rd floor. Men's clothing: 4th floor." And so the list went on for the various clothing/apparels there were.

 

Dara decided to head up to the second floor, since that was the reason why she was here in the first place. The mall was quiet, and it was playing sweet melodic music in the background. There weren't a lot of people, but enough to give her the impression that this was a legitamate mall.

 

After stepping onto the second floor from the escalator, she was greeted with millions of tiny shops of dresses, suits, and more. She walked down the aisle, admiring all the different kinds of dresses there were. 

 

* 'S HEAVEN * 

 

She read the sign on one of the cubicles and giggled to find very short mini dresses in this particular shop. The owner seemed to be sleeping, so Dara just crept by, still giggling at the name of the shop.

 

Then she thought to herself, ' I don't want something too flashy..since it's only an audition and all...' She turned to the next aisle and saw a store labeled, *GDRAGON FASHION* 

 

She glanced at the clothing in this store, and found the apparel rather interesting and unique. Attracted to its clothing, she stepped into the store, and immediately loved every single piece of clothing in this store.

 

"Omona I want to buy all of these!" Dara squealed as she sorted through all of these vintage/in-trend clothes.

 

"Annyonghasaeyo! Welcome to Gdragon's store!" A cute little girl approached her, and Dara thought her to be too small to be an owner, so she assumed she was just a worker.

 

"Annyonghasaeyo! I really like the clothes in this store!" Dara replied, making the employee smile at her beauty and spunk.

 

"Do you have anything you're looking for in particular?" She said, seeing that Dara's eyes was looking around the room.

 

"Yes actually, I need an outfit to go to an audition today! Something not too formal, but enough to..look good?" She said as she looked at the many photographs of celebrities and just regular people with amazing fashion that were taped onto the wall.

 

The girl giggled and reached out her hand to Dara to shake it, "I'm Ji-eun or you can call me IU! My boss likes the employees of his store to have a stage-name, for example the store name is Gdragon! Hehe. And I'd be glad to help you to find the perfect piece of clothing today!" 

 

Dara nodded in acknowledgement and shook IU's hand, excited for her shopping adventure.

 

After trying on clothes for a while, she finally had picked a black leather jacket with an above-the-knees dress that had studded sequins all along the bottom and the bust area.

 

In short, she was just simply beautiful.

 

IU stared at her customer's amazing outfit, and found out that she probably has been the most gorgeous girl she's ever met.

 

"Unnie, you look amazing.." She managed to say as Dara twirled around to look at herself in the mirror, "Thanks Jieun-ah!" 

 

Dara smiled and turned to her new dongseng, "I'll pay for these now!" She glanced at the clock and saw that it was already 9:30am. Nearly 3 hours had passed in just a wink. She had to get going and practice her song.

 

Well, and she had to pick one too.

 

She had the tendency to forget about things and remember them last minute. Like for the 6th grade talent show, Dara had gone up in stage without knowing what she was going to sing. Then she burst out in acapella, stunning the entire audience of her amazing talent.

 

"Annyong IU-yah!" A man's voice suddenly appeared from the entrance, and both Dara and IU turned to the customer.

 

"Youngbae oppa!!" IU ran towards the man and ringed her arms around his neck and hugged him.

 

Dara felt awkward and felt the sudden urge to walk out of the store, but unfortunately, she hadn't paid yet. As she waited for the two to break up and have IU ring her up on the cash register, the man took a second glance at Dara.

 

"You.....Aren't you........." He broke apart from IU, who looked confused about what he was doing.

 

"Sandara Park!" Youngbae said, snapping his fingers as he got the answer.

 

The latter stared at him, not sure if she knew this person, but then she realized..Maybe it was that guy at the airport?

 

"Airport..guy?" Dara replied, then she looked at his short height, but buff body, and his spiked hair. It was definitely the same guy.

 

"Yeah!! I can't believe you recognized me!!" He said, looking happy as a clam.

 

"Haha......yeah........" Dara chuckled, not sure of what to say now. She mentally begged IU to say something.

 

As if she was reading Dara's mind, IU reached out to touch Youngbae's shoulder, "How do you guys know each other?"

 

"We met at the airport! This young lady was about to fall, when I helped her up." 

 

Dara nodded in agreement and wished to leave this extremely awkward environment, "Hey IU, can I pay and leave now? I'm going to be late for my audition.."

 

Youngbae's eyes spiked interest when he heard this, "Seoul University entrance auditions?!" 

 

The latter was slightly surprised at this man, 'What the heck, is he some stalker or something..' She thought, "Yes, why do you ask?" 

 

He stared back at Dara with a sly smile, which freaked Dara out even more, "You'll see, Sandara Park.. You'll see.."

 

"What the..why are you so freaky oppa...?" IU said, again reading Dara's mind.

 

Youngbae threw his head back and started laughing, "No need to know, Jieun-ah!" He turned to Dara, "I'm sorry, you should be going now, you should probably practice the song you've practiced so many times before."

 

"Actually, I plan on just winging it!" Dara scratched the back of her neck, "I usually do that for my auditions.."

 

This seemed to surprise Youngbae fully. She's going to just wing it?! For a university audition? For something this big?

 

As Dara paid for her clothes, she exchanged numbers with IU, wanting to get closer with her and make more friends in Korea.

 

Making a friend hadn't been so bad after all!

 

She bowed at Youngbae and then waved at IU, "Bye Youngbae-ssi, see you soon Jieun-ah!" Dara smiled as she retreated from the store.

 

"BYEEE UNNIEEE!" She heard her new dongseng scream out from behind her as she walked down the escalator, grinning.

 

_________________________

omg guys..HAHA i've been so busy with school..

WHY ARE TESTS SO HARD LOOL
anywho, thanks for the people who stayed with me <3
I promise I'll update sooner this time !! 

 

✭kwonjiyong