Chapter 5

Lipstick, Lollipops, and Love

 

Seunghyun woke up all of a sudden and didn't know where he was.

 

He frantically searched for Dara, and finally found her in the seat next to his, "Oh, we're in an airplane. I can't believe I forgot." He chuckled to himself but stopped abruptly when he saw his bestfriend's fingers entwined with the strangers'.

 

Surprised, he glanced at the man's face, who had a very content expression as he was sleeping.

 

Then he moved his eyes onto Dara, who looked very drained of energy at the moment.

 

He touched her free hand, and suddenly his heart dropped. Sandara Park's hand was very cold. 

 

He quickly moved his hand from hers to her forehead, and also found it very cold.

 

His heart beat began rising as he thought of all of the scenarios that might have happened for her to be like this.

 

Maybe the man besides them were part of the Johnsons, but disguised as a Korean to lure them in, especially Dara, and he had just tazed her, which stopped her heart for a moment until the plane ends. Or maybe he was a e and wanted Dara's body, so he was fake-sleeping until Seunghyun sleeps again, and when he wakes up, he won't see Dara anymore.

 

Numerous crazy, skeptical pictures bled into Seunghyun's mind, "DARA!!!!!!" He screamed, making the sleeping man jump at the sudden noise.

 

"Why the hell are you screaming?!" The man yelled quietly, checking Dara if she had awakened, but she was still, with her eyes closed.

 

"Dara Park! What's wrong!!?!!" Seunghyun gasped, as he felt no heartbeat at her neck or her wrist.

 

The man's eyes widened as he watched the taller man's actions and realized that the hand he was holding was cold.

 

Frightened about his prediction, Jiyong ped Dara's jacket, and was about to roll her shirt up when his hand was stopped by the tall man.

 

"Don't touch her," He hissed at Jiyong, who growled at him, "We have to check if she's breathing or not!" 

 

Seunghyun let go of his hand after seeing his sincerity and agressiveness in his words.

 

Jiyong leaned his ear deep into Dara's left chest and yearned for a beat of a heart.

 

"Sandara.. Don't die.." He muttered as he strained his ears to hear something.

 

Seunghyun stood there, worried and annoyed that he couldn't do anything since they were obviously on a plane.

 

In a few minutes, Jiyong heard a thump in her heart. Then another one, then another one. The sound became evident in her body and Jiyong sighed in relief, glad that she wasn't dead.

 

"I heard... She's.. It's beating! I hear something!" Jiyong shouted in delight as he pulled back from her body and looked at Seunghyun. "I'm Kwon Jiyong, and I study the anatomy of the human heart. Sandara's heart seems to beating slightly, which means that she had fainted sometime ago." 

 

The latter looked at Jiyong in relief and looked at Dara, "I'm Choi Seunghyun.." he whispered as he pushed back a stranded hair behind her small ear, "And I have to keep this girl alive.."

 

Jiyong nodded in understanding Seunghyun's words and thought about what might have happened to Dara.

 

'The blood flow to her heart must have stopped, since her body temperature was cold, and something must have happened to cause the sudden faint.' Jiyong thought as he looked up at the air conditioning, 'The temperature's all right.. Everything's fine..what happened?'

 

Then his eyes widened as he remembered the short event that had occured a few hours ago. 

 

Sandara was throwing up. 

 

He slapped his head in frustration and annoyance of himself for not thinking of it earlier. Jiyong didn't know the exact reason of why she was throwing up, but he knew that it wasn't because of food, since she didn't eat anything the whole ten hours on the plane ride. He checked his watch and saw that there were three hours left until the plane landed.

 

That also meant three hours until he'd never see Sandara ever again..

 

-

 

An hour passed and Dara was still laying in her chair, silent and passed out. 

 

Seunghyun held his best friend's hand and was intently watching her eyes, waiting them to flutter open. He was worried sick; he was thinking how this could have happened, "She was always fine in Los Angeles.." Seunghyun thought, "maybe it wasn't a good idea to come to Korea..."

 

Jiyong on the other hand was leaning against the passageway door as his eyes rested on Sandara's, hoping that she'd wake up soon.

 

"Wake up Sandara..." He chanted under his breath as cold sweat formed on his forehead.

 

-

 

"Sandara! Santokki!" Dara heard a manly voice call out.

 

"Daddy?? Appa?? Is that you?" Dara reached her arms out to touch her parents but she didn't see or feel anything; everything was black and scary.

 

She felt scared, so she hugged her knees, "Why is it so dark in here.. Is anyone here?" 

 

Then Dara felt something pass behind her, so she turned and widened her eyes upon seeing her mother, "MOMMY?! I thought you died!" She began whimpering as tears formed at the brim of her eyes.

 

Mrs. Park chuckled and carressed her daughter's cheek, then her face turned serious, "Sandara-yah.. There will be someone in your life that you will treasure and love even more than Seunghyun.."

 

Dara looked back at her mother with a shocked expression, "But Seunghyun's my best friend!" She fired back, "I'll always forever and ever choose Seunghyun over someone else!" The cute 19 year old looked at her mother proudly.

 

"Ahhh..Honey I see you're still very overprotective over Seunghyun, aren't you?" Her mother pinched her daughter's cheeks and moved them around.

 

"Mommmmy! It hurrrrrtttttsssssss" Dara whined as she smiled along with her mother.

 

"You're going to fall in love soon, sweety.." The weak smile that was set on her mother's face disappeared, "But unfortunately.. I have to tell you something.." Dara listened intently for her mother's words. 

 

"My mother had heart cancer, and it undoubtedly was passed down to me.." She paused, trying her best not to cry in front of her daughter.

 

Mrs. Park then sighed, a crease beginning to form on her perfect skin, "It might have been passed to you Dara-yah.."

 

Dara's eyes widened as she remembered her dream from last night, "Mom! I had a dream about you have heart cancer! Then I threw up..and..well..I ended up here.."

 

Her mother became very worried at Dara's words; it was evident in her facial expression. Then she smiled slightly again, "When you settle down in Korea, I want you to go to a hospital, but you can't tell anyone just like mommy did!" She stopped, thinking about the times she had to sneak out of the house or fake a girl's day out with friends to go to the hospital and smiled, "But don't mess up like mommy did.."

 

"But why? Shouldn't I get myself diagnosed and let the pain reside? I can get help from Seunghyun, it's going to be pretty hard by myself!" Dara pouted, which caused her mother to giggle softly, "You'll see Dara.. See what life brings you. Enjoy life in the meantime.. You'll really regret it if you don't live by the moment and live in the past.."

 

Dara nodded slowly at her mother's words, a bit unsure of what to do.

 

"My santokki! Do what your mom says!" The same deep voice she first heard when she was in the dark boomed behind her mother.

 

"Daddy!!!" Dara attempted to stand and hug him but failed.

 

Mr. Park chuckled at her daughter's reactions, "You can't move, santokki, you're passed out in your host body!" He looked over his shoulder and watched as Jiyong brushed the hair on Dara's real body, which made him smile. 

 

Only Mrs. and Mr. Park were able to see what was around Dara's host body, since they were the ones who initiated this meeting for the first time their daughter faints because of heart cancer. It was a family ritual, so Mrs. Park experienced the same thing with her parents when they died.

 

"It seems like there's another man in your life besides Seunghyun, my santokki.." He watched with an amused expression as he saw the earnest look in Jiyong's eyes as he glanced at Dara, "My rabbit's growing up fast!" Her dad ruffled Dara's hair and crouched down to get to her eye level.

 

He was about to say something until his wife interrupted, "I approve of that handsome black-haired boy! So darn cute!" Her mother squealed, clapping her hands excitedly as she watched the chemistry between Dara's host body and Jiyong.

 

Mr. Park puppy dog pouted and looked up at his wife, "Not as cute and handsome as me right???" He cupped his face with his two hands as he acted cheesily cute in front of his wife, earning an amused click at the tongue from his wife.

 

"D'awww, why are you so cute, my hubby?" Mrs. Park aegyo-ed, causing Dara to fake-barf at her parents' cheesy relationship, "But for Dara, I think that boy is the one." Her mother smiled teasingly at her daughter.

 

Dara didn't know who they were talking about, nor could she see her host body or the people around it since she was the one who is engaged in this spiritual world. Instead of asking, she basked in the light that her parents had created and smiled as she watched her parents bicker about who was cuter.

 

They finally quieted down and the mood turned into a serious one, "I'm sorry..for making you..and Seunghyun's life so complicated, Dara.." Her father began to say as he carressed her face, "But in time, you'll understand, so be patient my little Santokki!" 

 

Then suddenly, a loud thumping nose was heard and began to near the family, making the two parents smile at their daughter, "Dara-yah.." Her mother said, "We love you so much and remember that we will always be in your heart!"

 

"I'm proud of you Santokki!" Her dad added as he saw Dara nod sadly to his next words, "Remember that at your darkest times, not only Seunghyun will be there for you.." Mr. Park frantically looked around, "We have to go now Santokki.. I love you darling!"

 

"I love you too Umma and Appa!!!!" Dara cried out as she watched her parents disappear into air before her eyes.

 

Dara sat there, in the darkness quietly, going over what her parents had just told her.

 

"I love you mommy and daddy..I'll miss you.." She whispered to no one in particular.

 

Then suddenly, Dara felt dizzy again as she saw swirly patterns in what used to be pitch black circle around her crazily again for a few seconds, then everything stopped and she found herself in her airplane seat.

 

Her eyes fluttered open and saw Seunghyun's and Jiyong's face burst in happiness.

 

"DARA!!!!!!!!" "SANDARA!!!!!!!!" They both shouted, causing Dara to put her hands to her ears, "SHUT UP!!!!!!!!"

 

There was an awkward silence between the three of them, especially between Jiyong and the two, since it's only been a bit over ten hours since he's 'met' them. Non-formally of course. 

 

Seunghyun broke the silence, "No foul language, Dara, I thought I told you that!" Dara smiled cheekily at her bestfriend then turned to look at Jiyong. "Hi Jiyong!! This is Seunghyun, and Seunghyun, this is Jiyong." 

 

The two men chuckled, "We already know. We kind of talked when you were passed out.." Seunghyun explained as he wrapped his arm around his new buddy's shoulder.

 

"How cute! You guys can totally pass for a gay couple!" Dara squealed, drawing hearts with her fingers over Jiyong and Seunghyun's heads. They both cringed at her words and broke apart, fleeing to the farthest place away from each other in their small airplane cabin. "Don't say that, Sandara!", Jiyong pleaded, a look of disgust appeared on his face as he looked at Seunghyun.

 

Dara watched, giggling as she traced the linen of the blanket that was covering her. 

 

Seunghyun walked over to Dara with a stern expression. "We're getting you to a hospital as soon as this plane lands. Do you know how worried I was?! I was about to call the i-" His words were stopped with Dara's two fingers, "Shush, Tabi. Let's settle down first, it's no big deal. I guess it was just the foul airplane food they gave out." She lied, causing Jiyong to turn his head to the side in confusion. 

 

"Oh. Well.. If it was that bad to the extent that you FAINTED, then I think we should report this to the airline agen--" Seunghyun's words were once again stopped by his bestfriend's two fingers, "Shut up and calm your freaking balls Choi Seunghyun! If I'm fine, then I'm fine for God's sakes! Now let's all sit down and talk like normal people, instead of freaking aliens talking 7 feet apart from each other!" 

 

The two men cowered and whimpered as they crept over to their seats as quietly as possible, trying not to awaken the Dara-nator in her.

 

Jiyong was about to say something, but he was interrupted by the loud speakers on the ceiling, "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I hope you had a good sleep! We have approximately ten minutes before we arrive at the Incheon International gates for arrival to Seoul, Korea. It is currently 6am, and it is 76 degrees Farenheit! Thank you for flying with Korean Airlines, and I hope you have a wonderful stay or visit in South Korea! Thank you again, and I wish to see you once again." 

 

Jiyong decided not to say what he was going to say after hearing the announcement, which made his mood feel like poop. Landing met he was going to see his parents for the first time in 4 years, and it meant that he was never going to see Dara and Seunghyun.. but more importantly, he was never going to see Sandara ever again in his lifetime. Miracles weren't bound to happen in his life, since his life has been a not-so-good one.

 

He straightened up his lap and buckled his seat belt, shifted his Beats headphones onto his ears, and patiently waited for the plane to land, ignoring what Seunghyun and Dara were saying.

 

" my life.." Jiyong thought, as he sunk into the deep bass and rap music of 1TYM.

 

_________________________

Hey guys! 

That was pretty long..or maybe not LOL

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! They're finally out of the freaking plane -.-

Please leave comments, subscribe, and share!

THANK YOU FOR READING, I LOVE YOU ALL! <3