Chapter 14

Lipstick, Lollipops, and Love

"Hey Jiyong can you hand me the hammer?!" Dara shouted out, wiping her sweat on her sleeve.

 

"Coming!" A voice was heard throughout the hallways of her house coming nearer and nearer.

 

"Here ya go." Jiyong smiled at her as she gently took it from her and turned back to whatever she was going to do.

 

Dara held the hammer up high and swung her wrist to fling it at the unstable-looking nail before her, but just before the hammer had it the nail, a hand had stopped her.

 

"Hmm? Why'd you do that?" She looked confused as she turned around to look at Jiyong.

 

Jiyong looked at her lamely, but was furiated with worry inside, "You almost hit your hand! Don't swing that hard!" He sighed, "C'mere, give it to me." He backhugged her to get access to the grip of the hammer, "This is how you do it." 

 

He then enveloped his hand over hers as they both gripped the hammer, and in a swift motion, they both hit the nail right on the top, completing the final step of the king-sized bedframe.

 

Dara stayed quiet, butterflies were flying everywhere in her stomach, so she just stood there, appreciating the sweet moment. But then, she suddenly felt daring. She had already partly confessed to him, so why not show him the actions that go with it?

 

She leaped for the chance of being so close to him and turned around and hugged his waist, making Jiyong stiffen at the sudden contact, but relaxed and also wrapped his arms around Dara as well.

 

Jiyong's mind was going crazy and it was all Dara's fault. The only time he felt like this was because of a girl back in New York, but not even his relatonship with her can compare to the feeling he had in his body with Dara.

 

Dara on the otherhand was at the point of grabbing his head and giving him a big fat kiss, since that's what her friends had done with each other when she lived in Los Angeles; she believed that a kiss was usually the first step to tell the person you loved him.

 

But she had to restrain herself, seeing that other people, like Jiyong, might have different opinions about it, so she kept shut.

 

She was about to pull away from her when Jiyong tightened his arms around her and started to inch towards her face.

 

The latter stiffened, realizing what he was going to do. Dara stared into Jiyong's eyes, which were glistening in the dim-lighted room. To help Jiyong, she slightly raised herself on her toes, surprising Jiyong with her daring move.

 

He smirked and inched towards her a bit faster.

 

Dara closed her eyes, knowing that his lips were less than a centimeter away.

 

Jiyong closed his eyes as well.

 

"PAAAAARK SANDARA YOU BETTER BE IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

 

The two people shook in terror and flew apart from each other before you could say the word, 'corn'.

 

"S-seung...hyun?" Dara whispered, then looked up at Jiyong, who looked frightened as well.

 

She glanced at the bed, which already had a blanket on top of it. and a bizarre idea flapped into her head.

 

"Jiyong, get under the covers!" Dara said as she hurried over to the bed, covering herself with the thick blanket.

 

He smirked, realizing her plan and got into the bed, laying down besides her.

 

"He's coming up, he's coming up!!" Dara snickered under her bed, making sure her crutches weren't in view when someone stepped into the master bedroom.

 

Dara hugged Jiyong, and Jiyong hung his arm over Dara.

 

The two relaxed at each other's warmth, and they both wished that they could stay in this position forever.

 

They both heard two pairs of footsteps charging up the wooden staircase, when they heard a noise and a light upstairs.

 

"SANDARA PARK YOU WILL SO GET IT TODA----......" Seunghyun stopped midair when he saw Dara's arms wrapped around a man's waist and vice versa. His eyes widened, and so did Bom's. 

 

"WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING TO MY BEST FRIEND YOU BASTARD!" Seunghyun charged over to the man's side of the bed and started to punch him.

 

Dara was snickering under the bed until Seunghyun had began punching Jiyong.

 

"Seunghyun what the is wrong with you!" Dara sat up and slapped Seunghyun's hand away from Jiyong's face.

 

Her bestfriend stood there silently, becoming aware of what he had just done and who he had just punched.

 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry.. Jiyong, I didn't know that was you..I'm so.."

 

"Jiyong?" 

 

All three heads turned to Bom, who was slightly shocked at who was in the bed with her.

 

She stepped forward, "Kwon..Jiyong? Is..that you?"

 

Jiyong's eyes widened as he saw the familiar girl in front of her, "B...bom....?"

 

Seunghyun and Dara looked back and forth between the two people.

 

'They know each other?' Seunghyun thought, tensing up, thinking that they were past lovers of some sort.

 

"You guys know each other?! Are you like..lovers or something?!" Dara read Seunghyun's mind (They're bff's DUHHHH) and stared dumfoundedly between Jiyong and Bom.

 

Bom giggled, "No! Of course not. Don't you remember that day we talked at the lake? The family................." She stopped after seeing Jiyong's heated glare on her that told her to stop.

 

"Anyways.....we're not here for Jiyong, are we Seunghyun-ah?" Bom smiled at the tall guy besides her, who seemed to get back to reality.

 

Dara was on his mind now. "Hey Bom..can you take Jiyong outside while I talk to my.." Seunghyun paused, and turned his head slowly towards Dara, "best...friend?" 

 

Bom nodded as she pulled him out of the bed and forcefully dragged an unwilling Jiyong out of the large room.

 

"Hi Seunghyun!" Dara said happily as she pulled his hand to get him into the bed.

 

He stumbled onto the bed and whipped his head up at her.

 

"Sandara......" Seunghyun said warningly, making Dara scared a little, but she held her stand.

 

"Hmm? Is there something wrong, Tabi?" She smiled at him innocently, as if she had done nothing the entire day.

 

"Where and who have you been with Dara?" His eyes penetrated Dara's.

 

"I went to the steak house with a doctor named Seungri. He's nice. And then Jiyong picked me up and took me home," She glanced at him with a bored expression, "Can I go now?"

 

"Just a minute, young lady." Seunghyun looked at her sternly, "Why were you having dinner with a doctor? And how did you find Jiyong?"

 

"Oh, I met Seungri on the street because he helped me up after I tripped," Dara lied, "and Jiyong found me after Seungri got scared of you and ran away." She scrunched up her nose.

 

Seunghyun nodded in approval, hiding the fact that he knew that everything she had just said was a complete lie.

 

He noticed a strange bump over Dara's leg, which was still covered with a blanket.

 

"What's.." He reached over and attempted to pull the blanket off, but the end of the blanket was stuck under Dara's body, so it caused Dara to smash against Seunghyun.

 

"!" Dara cried out, reaching for her knee.

 

Seunghyun's eyes widened as he saw her plastered leg.

 

"WHAT THE HAPPENED DARA?!" His hands gently roamed the bandages that were wrapped tightly around her leg.

 

"Oh, I just tripped over a rock on the sidewalk. No big deal, I'm getting it off in a few weeks!" Dara smiled and reached for her crutches, "I even have these crutches!" 

 

He looked at her lamely, "This is no time for you to be getting hurt Sandara. You should be glad that you didn't get hurt more than you already did. You wanted to come to Korea and we came. Don't cause anymore trouble than we're already in. ."

 

"I'm sorry MOM." She emphasized the sarcasm in 'mom'. "I'm not the one who wanted to come to KOREA."

 

"What do you mean you didn't want to come?! We both agreed and came!!!" Seunghyun felt anger rise in him as his tone rose.

 

"You're the one who suggested it in the first place! If it weren't for you, I'd be with Minho right now!" Dara raised her voice at her so-called best friend.

 

"MINHO?! IS that ALL you think about? DARA we were being CHASED by ing LOAN SHARKS. We don't have time to be flirting with the opposite !!!" 

 

"I'M SORRY MY PARENTS ING DIED, SEUNGHYUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Dara screamed at him, slapping his chest weakly as tears began falling down her face.

 

"MY PARENTS DIED TOO YOU KNOW. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE HURT IN THIS ING SITUATION." Seunghyun shouted back, causing the door to open, revealing a worried Bom and Jiyong.

 

"YOU KNOW WHAT?!" Dara screamed at him, grabbing her crutches and sliding down the bed to the floor, "If you have such a big problem about me being here with you and always coming home late, why don't we just separate huh?! Screw our whole, 'stay together until we die' , just void it!" She turned and charged for the door.

 

"GOD DAMNIT SANDARA PARK. Out of all people, I'm disappointed in you for not knowing what kind of situation we're in!" He shouted back.

 

Bom walked towards Seunghyun slowly and cautiously.

 

Jiyong did the same to Dara.

 

"MAYBE BECAUSE I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO ING KNOWS BESIDES MINHO, AND I THINK HE GIVES A ABOUT ME MORE THAN YOU DO!" Dara ran out of the room in anger, and ran out of the house crying her heart out, not caring about the pain in her leg.

 

She ran as fast as she could, she could hear Jiyong call out to her, but she didn't give a about the world at the moment.

 

Dara turned into an alley and fell down onto the dirty concrete floor.

 

She cradled herself with her arms and her knees to her chest and rocked, saying three words repeatedly, over and over again.

 

" my life, my life, my life, my life, my ing life." 

 

As she was crying, a worried Jiyong looked over her. He wanted to go up to her and hug her, to tell her that everything's going to be alright. But he out of all people should know that he shouldn't make promises that he didn't know for sure were going to be kept. The only thing he could do was to stand by and watch. Watch this girl cry her guts out. 

________________

omg...december was such a hectic month..I had tests basically every single day! 

I'm SOOO sorry guys! 

Anywho, TOP is being a , so just be patient!

There will be more SUCCESSFUL daragon moments to come, so don't worry! 

I'M BACK GUYZ, I'll update tomorrow if I have time!

Sorry for the short update <3

Love ya

★kwonjiyong