Chapter 15

Lipstick, Lollipops, and Love

 

 

"Why me? Out of all of the human beings that live on this ing earth, why does it have to be me in this situation?" Dara cried out with her knees still tucked under her arms as she started another round of crying.

 

After an hour crept by, Dara seemed to have fallen asleep.

 

Jiyong inched towards her, feeling heavy and downhearted after she poured out her life story to the world. Dara didn't know that Jiyong was sitting against the wall next to her the entire two hours, but she didn't care if a hobo had sat next to her, she felt like at the moment.

 

"Dara? You asleep?" He whispered softly, brushing a few hairs away from her closed eyes.

 

'Of course she's asleep, she's not responding you !' Jiyong scolded himself.

 

But what was he going to do? Just leave her here? Sleep with her the whole night without thinking that she could be kidnapped by a crazy- drunken bastard? He couldn't bring her back to Seunghyun..Something just made him feel that it wasn't the right time to confront himself and Dara in front of him, after seeing what kind of mood he was in back at the house.

 

"Let's go.." Jiyong whispered as he carefully picked up Dara wedding style, trying not to wake her up, and swiftly began walking away from Dara and her neighborhood.

 

-

 

Dara cuddled against the soft but sturdy object next to her, enjoying the feeling she got when she moved closer to it.

 

But somehow, this object's features greatly resembled those of a human's.

 

Then she wondered why there was Christmas music (jingle bell rock, specifically) playing in the background and why it was so warm.

 

She smelled the scent of hot choco, roaming around in the air.

 

Then she realized of what had happened between her and Seunghyun.

 

She clearly remembered that she had gone into an alley, not into a warm and cozy place.

 

Her eyes burst open, somewhat scared of what she might find when she opened them.

 

"You awake now?" Dara found Jiyong smiling down at her. She became aware that she was leaning against him on a beige couch, a rather comfortable one too, and was ..not leaning..but more.....cuddling and hugging. Just like husband and wife.

 

"Oh my gosh!" She jumped up from her initial position and looked around her surroundings frantically, "Where am I?!"

 

Jiyong chuckled and grabbed the mug of hot chocolate that sat on the auburn-colored wooden coffee table that stood in front of him and handed it to Dara, "Drink up, you'll feel warmer instantly."

 

"But....tell me where I am first!" Dara pointed a finger at Jiyong, then glanced at the hot chocolate, which surprisingly looked really good and hot.

 

watered a bit, and a line of drool began slugging out of when Jiyong started to laugh like a madman.

 

"WHAT!! Is there something on my lips?!?!" Dara rose her hand to wipe when she felt her own saliva all over it.

 

Her cheeks flushed a light rose pink as her eyes widened at the drool that now resided on her hands.

 

Jiyong suddenly stood up, still laughing, and walked over to what looked like a kitchen, and grabbed a towel.

 

"Here ya go, Sandara." 

 

Dara snatched the towel and cleaned her hand, and then wiped her whole face, smelling the delicious scent that came from it, "Oooh..this smells so good! What kind of scent is this? Peppermint? A Christmassy scent? Hmm?" 

 

The latter chuckled, a bit amused at the girl with the towel stuck onto her face in front of him, "It's actually chloroform.."

 

"WHAT?!?" Dara threw the towel far across the room and screamed, running around the room coughing and spitting like a drunken man.

 

"You're crazy, Sandara.. Hurry and drink up! It's getting cold." Jiyong warned as he held up the cup to her face.

 

Dara accepted the mug happily, and slowly took a sip out of its chocolatey contents, "Mmmm..." A warm feeling of content and happiness overcame her as she felt the comforting warmth travel throughout her body.

 

"Thanks, Ji.." She whispered as she took another sip of this milky goodness.

 

Jiyong pat the space next to him on the couch, signaling her to sit down.

 

She obeyed, since she was warm from drinking the hot chocolate.

 

Silence engulfed the both of them for minutes before Dara broke it, "You still haven't answered my question." 

 

The latter chuckled softly as he looked around his place, "It's my home. I moved in the day I flew in. I guess sorta like you? Except I finished my furniture the day I got here!" 

 

Dara glared at him, "Teach me how to be wise like you, young master Kwon." She raised a brow, which looked very funny to Jiyong, who burst laughing out loud again. 

 

"Oh my gosh you look so funny HAHAHAHA!" He clutched his stomach, "I'm going to get an 8-pack if you make me laugh anymore HHAHAHAHA!!" 

 

"8-pack? I thought all guys wanted a six pack!" Dara looked at him dumbfoundedly, making Jiyong smirk and moved closer towards her.

 

She inched backwards, only to realize that the end of the couch was right at her back, not allowing her to move any further back.

 

Jiyong chuckled, a chuckle that made Dara's hot chocolate vibrate, and leaned closer so their noses were touching.

 

"I already have a six pack..So why not add two more?" He blew hot air onto Dara's lips and leaned even closer.

 

Dara's heart started beating faster, and closed her eyes and puckered up, waiting for that special something.

 

'Oh my god! oh my god he's gonna do it!' Her heart screamed out, thanking the glorifying heavens for bringing this dream to reality.

 

But after a few seconds, her lips became cold, and she opened her eyes, and saw that Jiyong was back in his initial position; back straight and eyes on her intently.

 

Then it hit her. She was tricked.

 

Jiyong got up quickly and ran into the hallways of his home laughing his head off.

 

"OH YOU!!!" Dara set the coffee down and jumped up and chased after him, not caring that she wasn't at her own home with Seunghyun.

 

-

 

"What if she got lost?! She's a cripple right now too!!" Seunghyun argued, palming his face with both of his hands.

 

"Well you should have thought about that before you insulted her like that!" Bom snapped at him, disappointed at his reactions to his dear best friend.

 

Bom knew at once that they were very good friends ever since they were born, and just today, Seunghyun had hinted her some of things that were happening in their lives.

 

She wanted to help him but she was drowning in her own problems as well. Jiyong had come back?

 

'I thought he was in America..Where is he staying now?' Bom thought, tapping her chin with her newly polished gold finger tip.

 

Seunghyun cried out, "Why did I let this happen..I'm such a bad brother and friend.." He made sounds but he wasn't necessarily crying.

 

Bom smiled weakly and gently pat his back as she leaned onto him, "She's probably at Ji's house.." she remembered how he would always bring Dami hot chocolate when she was playing with Bom at her house. Oh how she wanted to taste that hot chocolate.. It looked mighty delicious too! 

 

"She's probably drinking hot chocolate." Bom whispered softly, kneading Seunghyun's back to reassure him that Dara would be safe.

 

"Dara's a strong girl. She'll be back. Don't worry.." Bom's words seemed to have relaxed Seunghyun's stress about his best friend.

 

Then suddenly, he stood up, slightly surprising Bom. He grabbed his coat off the bed, where Dara had been in approximately five hours ago, and walked out of the door, only to be pulled back by Bom's hand, "Where are you going at this hour? It's 2am, Seunghyun. You won't find them." 

 

"No, I won't find them. But I will find a man named Lee Seungri. He's the key to what I need to know." He shook her off and walked down the stairs to the front door, where Bom had already put on her coat as well.

 

Seunghyun opened the door, "You should go back home now, Bom-ah.." 

 

He closed the door and locked it, and turned to the front, only to find Bom with a determined look.

 

"I'm going with you Seunghyun." 

 

The latter smiled, exhausted out of his mind. But he kept his composure firm and held his arm up, which Bom linked her arm through.

 

And their journey began to find a doctor named Lee Seungri.

 

______

Winter break started! :)