Chapter 13

Lipstick, Lollipops, and Love

Dara struggled to keep up with Seungri with her crippled leg, who on the otherhand, seemed to be afraid of Seunghyun and was running away as fast as possible.

 

"Seung" She panted "Ri!!!" She called out his name several times, but he didn't look back for her, completely scared out of his mind. 

 

Seungri kept on moving his feet forwards on the cement pavement after he saw that big man stare at him with his killer deep eyes. Was it possible for a man to be as handsome as the one he saw in the restaurant? Was he Dara's boyfriend? His eyes can kill someone! 

 

While these thoughts clouded Seungri's hectic mind, he didn't seem to notice that the distance between him and Dara were increasing..rapidly.

 

"Seung..ri..Seungr-ACK!!!!!" Dara tripped over a crack in the pavement and fell over, feeling her back collide with the piercing cold. She closed her eyes as she heard her crutches clank to the ground and opened her eyes again after it was quiet.

 

She looked around, and saw that she wasn't too far from the hospital, but not near enough to call and get someone. 

 

Attempting to stand up, she pushed herself up with her arms and sat up, leaning her back against a probably dirty brick wall and looked up at the night sky.

 

Dara gleamed at the small, bright stars twinkling down on her.

 

At the corner of her eye, she caught a blinking star, farther in the distance than the other ones, and instantly thought of one person.

 

"Lee Minho.." 

 

The name escaped as a whisper from her lips as memories flooded her brain.

 

flashback

 

"SANDARA!!!!!!" Sandara heard a boy shout at her after kicking the soccer ball into his 'private' area. 

 

Sandara snickered behind the palm of her hand as she watched her friend clutch his 'balls' in pain, "OOPS~! I DIDN'T MEAN THAT~!" She shouted out, obvious that she was being overly sarcastic with him.

 

She turned around and walked over to the goal slowly, making sure she didn't slip on any mud, since it was already 9pm at night, and it was dark.

 

Her fingers wrapped around the chill bar of the goal as she inhaled the fresh air of mowed grass. She was going to miss being at this school. It was junior year, and just yesterday, she wasn't being careful enough. Enough for the Johnson's to catch her and follow her home. Tomorrow, Seunghyun and Sandara were going to move again, but they couldn't tell anyone.

 

But Dara always told Minho everything. He was the kind of guy that would listen to everything you say, hear out all of your rants and not get criticized. Minho was a really funny guy too. Cheering people up was probably his profession in his past life.

 

But most importantly, he was trustable. Dara trusted him for everything. It had been seven months since Seunghyun and Dara have moved to this school and she didn't want to leave. Just as expected, she ranted out all of the hard thoughts that were clogged up inside of her to Minho, who gave her what she needed the most at the moment, his presence.

 

"HEY THERE!!" Sandara suddenly felt two big arms wrap around her petite waist and screamed. It was dark and she was caught off-guard, so she was pretty scared.

 

Minho clamped his hand to . "Shut up! What if they're nearby! You're gonna get caught D!"

 

Sandara secretly smiled at Minho's worriedness. Having someone aside from Seunghyun to worry about you felt good. 

 

"Sorry!" She whispered as she sat down onto the grass.

 

Minho did the same and laid down onto his back, providing Dara with his arm so she could use it as a pillow.

 

Dara and Minho weren't dating, but they knew that they were more than friends.

 

The petite girl happily laid back onto her friend's arm and gazed at the wide and neverending constellation in front of her.

 

The built man next to this girl knew that in a few days, or maybe even tomorrow, she'd be gone from his grasp.

 

"Sandara Park.." Minho whispered, his voice piercing the dead silence, "Loving you..is trying to touch a star.."

 

Dara looked up at Minho, slightly confused about what he was saying.

 

"You can see stars all you want. They'll always be somewhere where you can see them..But you will never be able to touch a star.." He sighed as his mind became lost in the bunch of stars staring down at him, "Just as I will never be able to be with you.." 

 

She abruptly turned her neck, surprised at what he said. "How do you know you'll never be with me? You never know, maybe in a couple of yea--" Dara was cut off by Minho's voice, "No Sandara.. I won't.. I can't.. Not with you always running.."

 

There was a comfortable, yet heated silence between the two of them. Was their love for each other really true? Or was it just puppy love?

 

Minho pulled his arm closer to himself so Dara would come closer as well, "Dara.. I'll always be here, waiting for you." 

 

"Minho..." Dara murmured, unsure of what to say.

 

"If you find a new man, it's your choice, people move on." Minho paused and got on top of Dara to lean his forehead against hers, "I'm sending you off, Sandara Park.." 

 

Sandara looked back at the man, whose lips were centimeters away.

 

She felt his lips inch closer towards hers. 

 

Then she finally felt it.

 

A kiss. 

 

A kiss from her very close friend. 

 

Probably more than a friend, but it was never safe to say that unless she knew it for sure, which in this case she didn't.

 

After a few seconds, they both parted at the same time and stared into each other's lives before separating forever.

 

end flashback

 

She looked up at the blinking star again and realized it had disappeared. Shaking her head, she glanced at the other stars.

 

"I wonder what Minho is doing right now..." Dara frowned as she wondered if he had gotten a girlfriend.

 

For the second time, she shook her head, "It's his decision! We agreed on this."

 

She sat there for a moment, basking in the comforting silence, when a voice had interrupted her peace.

 

"San...dara?" 

 

Dara turned her head to meet with Jiyong's face, who looked very worried at the moment.

 

"Oh, are those blocking your way?" She said, referring to the crutches. She leaned forward to take them when Jiyong stopped her.

 

"Why are you on the ground? Do you have a ride home? Where did Seungri go? What did that rat do?" Jiyong pressured Dara, his questions becoming more agressive and agressive, thinking that freaking rat did something to this girl.

 

"Jiyong, I'm fine!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms up into the air in slight frustration. He noticed her action and bowed, "I'm sorry.. I was..just..worried.."

 

Dara smiled, "Naw, it's fine.. I'm on the ground because Seungri got scared of Seunghyun, who stared that poor little boy down back at the restaurant, and no, I don't have a ride home, and I have no idea where Seungri went! He just ran like there was no tomorrow!"

 

Jiyong's fists curled up into balls as he heard what that stupid rat had done. 

 

She noticed his tense hands and laughed, "Calm down Jiyong, I'm fine. Can you take me home?"

 

He looked down at her and stared at her for a few seconds with blank eyes. Quickly after he grinned and picked Dara up, and placed her on his back. 

 

Dara was surprised at the sudden contact of skinship, but the surprise quickly resided when she felt this boy's very warm back.

 

"Tell me where to go please!" Jiyong asked, causing a grin to crack onto her face.

 

"You just have to walk straight and turn right at the little hill where the convenient store is!" She explained, pointing straight ahead of herself and Jiyong. 

 

A crease formed on Jiyong's forehead, "Why did that sound so familiar?"

 

He kept on walking with Dara on his back without a word.

 

"Jiyong?" 

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Why did you disappear at the airport when we landed?" Dara whispered, listening to the steady footsteps Jiyong was making.

 

He stiffened, "Uh...well..I had something to do that day..Ahaha....sorry..." 

 

"Oh..It's fine! If it was important, I guess it's okay!" She paused, "But I'm glad we met again!"

 

"Because well.." Dara paused again, feeling nervous about herself, "I feel attracted to you.."

 

Jiyong stiffened again, but this time, his heart began beating higher and higher.

 

There was a long silence between the two before Dara broke it again, "Agh, did I make it awkward? I'm sorry, pretend I never said that, Jiyong!" 

 

Dara didn't expect a response from him after getting to know how his personality was like from what Seungri had told her.

 

As Jiyong carried her around the hill, Dara's hand pointed towards the white house that sat on the end of the road, along with Bom's house right next to it.

 

He stopped abruptly, almost dropping Dara off his back.

 

Jiyong edged closer, hoping that it wasn't what he was seeing.

 

Then he looked at his surroundings and saw everything to be overfamiliar. 

 

"Is something wrong, Jiyong? Why'd you stop all of a sudden.." Dara asked, drawing figureless things on his back with her index finger.

 

"Um, nothing! I saw a squirrel and I didn't want to step on it." He lied, gazing at the grand house he was nearing.

 

"So where do you live again?" Jiyong questioned, hoping that her answer wouldn't be what he thought it would be.

 

"It's that big white one over there!" Dara pointed at the house that Jiyong didn't want her to point at.

 

Without saying anything, Jiyong led her up the nostalgic front steps and kneeled so Dara could type in her password for the door to open.

 

But before going in, he stopped and looked over his shoulder to ask her something, "May I come in?"

 

Dara nodded furiously, "Of course! It might be messy though! We got same-day shipping for all of our furniture!"

 

Jiyong smiled faintly before entering the very familiar household.

 

"We're here!" Dara motioned Jiyong to go up the stairs, where all of her things were.

 

Jiyong on the other hand, was still in shock about what he was seeing.

 

Dara living here now meant that his parents had moved somewhere..and so has Dami..

 

The smile on his face faltered as the realization had dawned on him, "Home sweet home.." 

 

_______________

...don't kill me for not updating quickly! :( 

I'm so sorry guys! I just felt like sleeping on the weekends...HEHE

Please excuse the typos, it's currently 3am right now! 
I hope I do update during this weekend! So please comment!

Thanks for all of your beautiful and wondrous comments, they really keep me going ;)

2ne1 and Big Bang won MAMA! YAY! :) 

AND THE YG FAMILY CONCERT IS TMRW TOO...I'm so sad I'm not in Korea right now..

 

Anywho, happy December, and I hope y'all will have a great and happy holidays! ♡

 

✮kwonjiyong