Chapter 7

Lipstick, Lollipops, and Love

 

"All done!" Seunghyun wiped the sweat on his forehead with the back of his hand as he stood up and walked up the basement stairs.

 

 

"Hmm..I want some barbecue fried chicken for breakfast!" He said, setting down his tool box besides the door.

 

 

"Dara? Daraaaa are you there?" He called out but received no answer.

 

 

Unknowingling his palms began sweating as he began walking up the stairs to the master bedroom, each step getting more heavy than the one before.

 

 

"Dara..? You up..there? Don't scare me like this..." Seunghyun reached the bedroom and saw a trail of blook but no Dara. The trail of red goo led towards the bathroom, so Seunghyun assumed it was just her time of the month and she forgot to pack a pad. 

 

 

But no one answered his call, which worried the hell out of him, "Oh .. Dara say something.." 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

"Say something or I'm not talking to you for a day!" He threatened, but thought about not talking to his bestfriend for a day and shook his head at the thought, "M-maybe..ten minutes..Not too long..."

 

 

Silence.

 

 

It was too eerily silent.

 

 

"SANDARA PARK SAY SOMETHING! IF YOU DON'T SAY SOMETHING IN THREE SECONDS I'M GOING IN WHETHER OR NOT YOU'RE OR DOING SOMETHING WEIRD." He shouted, his echo bouncing off of the glass walls.

 

 

"One.."

 

 

Seunghyun felt cold sweat appear at the crook of his neck and wiped it away with his also sweaty hand.

 

 

"Two..." 

 

 

Why wasn't Dara answering? It's already been four hours since she told him she was leaving for the convenience store to get some food. He had finished tattering and adjusting the switches and dials for the heater and water system in the basement and wanted to enjoy a nice box of marinated fried chicken with his bestfriend.

 

 

"THREE!" He opened the door, "SANDARA PARK YOU ARE SOOO DEA-........" 

 

 

Nothing.

 

 

Seunghyun found himself talking to no one in particular and shivered at the absence of Dara. He began worrying full on this time, scratching his temple as he thought of all the possible scenarios she could be in right now.

 

 

"Dara could have been and abused or she could have run away from home..Or maybe that Jiyong kid came and took Dara away while I was working or maybe..she's just lost.." Seunghyun sighed, knowing that getting lost just led to more trouble.

 

 

But he trusted Dara to be smart and find her way back home safely, since he knew that Dara would never leave him like this. Some of his worry resided when he sat down against the wall and enjoyed the feeling of the warm sum beaming down onto his cold skin, just like Dara had done a few hours ago.

 

 

-

 

 

"Hi! Welcome to Seoul Hospital, how may I help you?" A lady dressed in white greeted at the front desk.

 

 

"Hello! I wanted to have a checkup? I keep throwing up and I don't know what seems to be the problem." Dara said as she smiled.

 

 

The employee smiled back, admiring this girl's kind personality, "If it's something mild, I'll put you in the next open spot for the clinic?"

 

 

Dara frowned, she wanted to see a big, high class doctor, "I can't go into the hospital? What if I have something serious?"

 

 

The latter looked back at her computer screen and appeared to be searching for something.

 

 

After a few seconds she looked back up at Dara, "I'm sorry miss, but all appointments to see Dr. Kang are currently full. You'd have to visit either tomorrow or the day after for an appointment with him."

 

 

Dara frowned again, and decided to just go to the clinic, seeing she had no time, "What time is the next open slot for the clinic?"

 

 

A beep sound was heard and the employee turned her eyes to the computer screen and rapidly typed onto her keyboard, "Actually, a patient has just cancelled his appointment for 11am, which is in approximately ten minutes!" 

 

 

Satisfied with the wait time, Dara nodded her head in approval and jumped for the slot. The employee handed her a sign-in sheet to fill out and directed her to follow the signs to the clinic and wait.

 

 

She followed her directions and was soon found sitting on a white cushioned couch, patiently waiting in front of the clinic doctor's door.

 

 

 

Dara leaned her head against the wall and closed her eyes, wondering what she should say to the doctor without sounding too weird.

 

 

"I have cancer.. No that sounds weird! Errr...I keep throwing up and getting fevers..I probably have heart cancer!" Dara tried saying, but just bowed her head at her failed attempts.

 

 

"I'll just let the doctor manually check and see what I have so I don't ruin his self confidence!" She smirked, laying her eyes on an eye chart.

 

 

Above the eye chart was a huge eye with a thick eyebrow, which reminded Dara of Seunghyun. She felt so bad, leaving him like that at their house.

 

 

But she had no choice, what must be done must be done. She wanted to obey her father and mother until the very end, and she was going to accomplish all of the things she had to do. No matter what comes in her way.

 

 

She took out a stick of lipstick out her handbag, MAC Raspberry colored. Dara was very protective over it, since it was her mother's. She didn't let ANYBODY touch it, not even Seunghyun. She carefully applied the lipstick to her thin lips and smacked them, putting the stick back into her purse.

 

 

In a few minutes, the door in front of Dara opened, and a small head popped out the side, "Sandara Park-ssi?" 

 

 

She raised her hand and nodded at the nurse, "Right here!" 

 

 

The nurse bobbed her head and signalled for her to come into the room, "Hi, I"m nurse Jang and I wanted to ask if you had any allergies or any symptoms that you're aware of?"

 

 

"Oh, sure! I'm allergic to pineapples and strawberries!" Dara said, making the nurse shocked, "Wow.. That must !" 

 

 

Dara giggled as the continued on with the nurse's questions.

 

 

After a few minutes of Dara telling the nurse all of her information, she had left the room, informing her that the doctor would soon come in to check her up.

 

 

Meanwhile, Dara was sitting on the uncomfortable cushion seat as she patiently waited for the doctor to come in.

 

 

Ten minutes had passed, and she was about to get cranky.

 

 

"C'mon Seungri-yah!!! Just this one time!!" Dara heard a familiar voice outside the door. She crept her fingers over the door knob and opened it enough to see who was talking.

 

 

Her eyes widened at the discovery of Jiyong and the doctor having a conversation.

 

 

"Please Seungri-yah.. You know I was your best bud in freshmen year! Just let me intern at the clinic for a couple of weeks so I can build up my resume really fast!" 

 

 

The doctor seemed to shake his head in solemn, "But hyung..This isn't right..I worked from dead-rock bottom, and you should do the same.. I guess it's your loss for leaving in sophomore year. Glad to see you back in Seoul though!" 

 

 

What was Jiyong doing here? That's for sure Jiyong.. 

 

 

"I will never forget how he looks like.." Dara whispered at the back of her mind.

 

 

The man named Seungri turned to the door that Dara was behind and held up a hand, "Bye, hyung, visit again, but not because of this matter. I have a patient that's been waiting for twenty minutes now."

 

 

After hearing the doctor's words, Dara immediately sat back down onto the cushion and fixed her hair for the nth time.

 

 

The door fully opened and revealed this "Seungri".

 

 

"Hello, My name is Doctor Lee Seungri and I'll be helping you with your medical issues," the man clothed in white said as he closed the door tightly.

 

 

He turned around to face his patient and almost fell down in shock.

 

 

The girl in front of him was beautiful.. How could someone be so pretty? So gorgeous, so pristine. 

 

 

"Y-you're...beautiful......" Dr. Lee mumured, reaching his hand out to touch the girl's cheek.

 

 

Dara laughed and grabbed his hand away from her face, "Hi, I'm Sandara Park, nice to meet you too!"

 

 

The doctor shook his body to revive his real self, "I'm sorry for my actions there, I hope I didn't scare you!" He winked at her, and she winked back, for fun of course.

 

 

"Oh, you didn't. Who was that man you were talking with just a moment ago, Dr. Lee?" Dara asked politely, tucking in a stranded hair behind her ear.

 

 

Dr. Lee held up his hands, "No, please don't call me Dr. Lee. Call me by Seungri!" 

 

 

His voice quieted down, "The man I was talking with was just an old friend from high school. He had disappeared to New York in sophomore year without letting anybody know." Seungri sighed, "He's a really smart guy, and he wants to join this clinic to boost up his resume, but I just can't let him do that.. There are rules in this system too, and people shouldn't tatter with it."

 

 

Dara scrunched her face up, and Seungri watched as she did. "Well..if he went to New York all of a sudden, I'm sure there was something that came up in his life. Why not give him a chance? He was your best bud anyways.." 

 

 

Seungri got lost in her eyes as she batted them, showing off her long eyelashes. He nodded his head slightly, lost in a trance of beauty.

 

 

"Yay! You're such a nice doctor, Seungri!" Dara clapped her hands in joy on purpose of course, glad that Jiyong is now able to get the job he wanted.

 

 

He smiled at her action and became serious, "What can I help you with?"

 

 

"I keep throwing up, I have fevers that happen every so often, and my heart burns frequently." Dara answered, trying to sound like she didn't know what was wrong with her.

 

 

A frown appeared on Seungri's face as he heard of all of the things that pained her. How could such a beautiful thing go through such pain?!

 

 

The doctor set his stethoscope onto his ears and motioned Dara to come closer, "I'm sorry, but I have to hear your heart beat for any disproportional sounds, so.."

 

 

"That's fine!" Dara scooted closer to the doctor, and he placed the round tool against her left chest and listened.

 

 

She watched Seungri close his eyes and listen to her beat, and smiled. He was so cute! But why did he look so young?

 

 

"Sorry to ask, but..how old are you?" She asked, making Seungri chuckle.

 

 

"I'm actually 18.. Just graduated from high school, actually!" 

 

 

"WHAT!? But..how are you a doctor?!" Dara exclaimed, her heartbeat rising as she got pumped up.

 

 

"Please, calm down." Seungri warned as he tested other areas for any abnormal rhythm. 

 

 

"My bad." 

 

 

"Well, this is a clinic, not a professional hospital. I started as an intern, and since my parents are the owners of Seoul Hospital and Seoul Clinic, they just admitted me into this job. But don't tell anyone my age, I'm supposed to give off that professional feel." Seungri grinned as he moved up her chest.

 

 

"Wow.. that's so cool! So if Jiyong interns, then will he be able to be a clinic doctor like you?" Dara asked, interested in the conversation.

 

 

"Yes, he will. But he's very very very smart, so he'd probably be able to go up into the professional wards of the hospital and consult his patients. He's applying to many colleges, and he needs a good transcript to get in!" He stopped, realizing something, "How'd you know his name was Jiyong..? I don't think I mentioned him.." 

 

 

Dara widened his eyes at his comment and shut close, "Ohh.....I.....overheard you saying his name when you were outside!" 

 

 

"Practicing to lie with Seunghyun was a success! Seungri totally believed me w00t!" She thought, smiling to herself.

 

 

She felt the round shape press deeper into her heart area, "I hear something very abnormal.. It..sounds like..there's something there, blocking the blood flow..." He stopped, and a crease formed on his forehead, "This means..." Seungri abruptly stood up and picked up the telephone. After a few seconds, the other line picked up, "Mrs. Jung, I want you to give the next closest appointment for when both Dr. Kang and I are free for Miss Sandara Park. Yes.. Mhm.. Okay, bye."

 

 

He hung up and directed his attention to his client, "Sandara Park-ssi, your next appointment is going to be tomorrow at 2pm, is that alright with you? I think there is a possibility that you may have..heart cancer...." Seungri's face turned very dark and sad, somewhat amusing Dara.

 

 

'Finally you !' Dara thought to herself, smacking Seungri's head mentally. 

 

 

"Oh..really? That's not good.. Yes, I have nothing at 2pm, I'll be here!" Dara feigned being solemn about the 'breaking' news.

 

 

"I'm sorry for giving you such bad news.." He handed her a business card, "If you have any problems or emergencies, call me right away, Sandara Park-ssi!"

 

 

Dara smiled, "Thanks Doc!". She felt her lips go dry again, so she took out her lipstick again as she headed towards the door. Sandara opened the door and was about to leave when she saw Jiyong, sitting against the wall on the floor with his eyes closed.

 

 

"Jiyong!" She gasped, dropping her bag, which made a very loud sound.

 

 

His eyes popped open immediately as he searched for the owner of the voice. Jiyong knew at once who it was.

 

 

"S-sandara..?" He whispered as he saw her pick up her bag.

 

 

'This should be interesting..' Dara smirked and acted to be surprised and ran off, causing Jiyong to get up and start to run after her.

 

 

"Sandara!!" Jiyong shouted as he saw her retreating figure disappear from his eyes. He gave up as he glumly walked back into the hospital.

 

 

"Excuse me, mister? The lady that just ran out dropped this on the way." A janitor handed him a lipstick, which looked very expensive.

 

 

He clenched it in his hand, careful not to break it. As he walked back into the clinic, he saw Seungri looking back at him all funny. 

 

 

"What." Jiyong muttered, remembering that he was there to beg to be an intern.

 

 

"How do you know her?" He asked curiously.

 

 

"I don't know her." Jiyong lied, squeezing the lipstick harder than ever.

 

 

"Well, anyways. I wanted to let you know that I've thought over some things, and..I decided to let you become an intern here. I can pull a few strings, and I expect you to be here at 11am tomorrow, SHARP!" Seungri announced, alarming Jiyong.

 

 

Jiyong looked up in shock, still taking in his friend's words. 

 

 

"If you're not here, I'll assume you're not taking things seriously and fire you." Seungri snapped his fingers in front of Jiyong's eyes.

 

 

"Just like that."

 

____________

HEHEHE

It can't be helped that this part of the story is boring.. 

If you guys can see what I have down on my paper..you'll understand why it's so boring. BUT BEAR WITH ME! <3

At least Seungri made his appearance!!!

Who do you think Mr. Kang is? *hint* 

 

Read, Comment, Share, Subscribe! 

 

★kwonjiyong