Chapter 18

Lipstick, Lollipops, and Love

 

After eating lunch, Bom had told Seunghyun that she needed to go to her work for an emergency.

 

"Ah, what do I do?!" Bom cried out, worrying about Seunghyun's status of going home alone.

 

"Just go to work, Bom-ah. I can go home by myself.." He replied tiredly, not showing any expression.

 

The latter sighed, and waved her arm, hailing a cab for him.

 

"Ahjusshi!" She told the taxi driver the address of his house and gave him a bill to cover Seunghyun's fee for the ride.

 

Then Bom carefully pushed Seunghyun into the cab and put on his seatbelt, "Seunghyun.." She leaned down to him, "Don't worry Seunghyun..I'm sure someone in the world will be able to donate a heart to her..Keep your spirits up..." Then she kissed his forehead gently and closed the door.

 

The cab began moving, but Seunghyun jerked her head towards Bom, who was running in the other direction to hurry up to her workplace and slowly caressed his forehead, the place that she had just pecked.

 

But suddenly memories of Dara pecking him on the forehead in the morning came to him, and he frowned, getting a headache from all of the stress.

 

The taxi driver helped Seunghyun out of the car and to the front door, "Thank you ahjusshi.." He managed to say as he punched in the numbers to the lock.

 

"No problem young lad! You look a bit tired..Get some rest!" The taxi driver tipped his hat and worked his way back down the steps to get to his cab.

 

Seunghyun closed the door behind him and trudged up the stairs, as another whole set of memories of Dara and him playing around the master bedroom came into his mind.

 

"Ugh......" He felt really sick from all of this thinking and stepped into the bathroom, and looked at his reflection through the mirror.

 

"Sandara Park, you'll be the death of me!" He said frustratedly as he turned the faucet to splash water onto his face.

 

After splattering water onto his face in what seemed like a lifetime, Seunghyun looked back into the mirror wearily, when three deep creases formed in his forehead.

 

"Why me? Why is it me and Dara that always end up in life-threatening situations?!" He shouted at the mirror as the hands that gripped the sink tightened.

 

If any random person were to see Choi Seunghyun right now, they'd think that he was just washing his face. They wouldn't be able to look through the water and see that he was actually sobbing. Sobbing his heart out.

 

Real men cry. 

 

He broke down and crouched against the tiled bathroom floor, not bothering to wipe his face with the towel on the rack above him.

 

"Sand...ara...why..." He said in parts due to his crying.

 

He remembered all of the times that Sandara and him played since they were little kids, and 14 years later, they were parentless, forced to mature more easily than other children of their age. He had to become the father and find a place to live, deal with schools, avoid orphanages, and just get through it. 

 

And he did. Whenever he got the scent of the Johnson's finding out where their most recent house or apartment was, Seunghyun took Dara and fled to another neighborhood. 

 

Neigborhoods turned into counties, counties turned into states, and states eventually turned into where they were now. An entire different country. 

 

Of course Dara helped fighting the Johnson's off when they ever came to attempt to kidnap them, like that one time at the cemetery, and when she killed those three men with the tazers. 

 

She was strong in this situation, and she was the light that Seunghyun followed to become strong. Dara was the reason why Seunghyun even tried to help her and himself get into a secure and safe place. 

 

She was the reason why Seunghyun even wanted to live in this nasty world in the first place. He had no blood-related family besides his late parents, and the closest 'friend' he had was his best friend, Sandara Park.

 

There was something about Sandara Park that compelled Seunghyun to even become friends with her.

 

Most kids didn't like her because her personality was too bubbly but fierce. But Seunghyun did like her personality, and so the once shy relationship became a very strong, friendship bond that they had created.

 

The bond that they had between each other was love, but not in the man woman kind of love. It was the friendship kind of love that they had. 

 

He chuckled at the one time he had tried to ask Dara to the school dance.

 

/flashback

 

"Dara?" 8th grade Seunghyun asked as he wandered through the Park household with a bouquet of roses and daisys in his right hand.

 

"I'm in my room!!" He heard a distant shout from upstairs, so he went towards it.

 

The door was open, so Seunghyun just walked in, just like he did every other day he came to her house.

 

He saw her, her back facing to him, on her chair painting her toe nails, "Hey chubby boy, wassup!" 

 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes, "Santokki-yah, I wanted to ask you a question."

 

"Shoot." She said, making his palms sweat as he uncomfortably held the bouquet of flowers in his hand.

 

Dara looked up to the sound of rustling plastic and widened her eyes at the flowers, "Omona! Who are these flowers for!! What a lucky girl! I've always wanted flowers.."

 

The latter just stared at Dara with open, not knowing whether to give it to her and ask her to the winter dance, or to just ask if he looked okay.

 

"Err..uh..." He managed to say before Dara started laughing.

 

"Huh.." He stood there confused, and didn't know what to do. 

 

Dara stood up and walked over slowly, careful not to smudge her toenails, and took the bouquet of flowers from his hands.

 

"Seunghyun, we've known each other for years, I know you're asking me to the winter dance." She rolled her eyes and smiled cheekily at his best friend, who had a defeated look on his face.

 

"Lighten up, squirt!" She pinched his cheeks and dragged his face down to kiss his forehead.

 

He blushed at the act, and unfortunately for him, Dara noticed. 

 

"Hey you!" She lifted his chin up with her two fingers, "Don't go around having a crush on me, alright?!" 

 

Seunghyun nodded his head frantically, trying to make Dara forget that he even blushed in the first place.

 

She let go and turned, jumping on to her bed feet last. 

 

"I want our friendship to last forever, chubby boy.." She whispered loud enough for Seunghyun to hear, beaming as she was predicting how their lifelong friendship was going to last.

 

He smiled ear to ear at the comment, despite that she just called him chubby.

 

"I never liked you, Sandara Park. I just wanted you to smile, Santokki. Smile and you'll make my day, any day." Seunghyun thought to himself before charging towards Dara to tickle her to death.

 

endflashback/

 

He opened his eyes again, only to find himself on the bathroom floor. He got up, and decided to clean the house and set up some furniture to get his mind busy and away from Dara.

 

Gripping the hammer in his hand he swung it, pushing in the nail completely to finish making the couch that belonged in front of thier bed.

 

Then all of a sudden, he felt two arms around his waist, and he knew right away who it was.

 

"Tabi.." 

 

Seunghyun didn't answer. He just stood there silent. He had just remembered that Dara didn't know that he knew about her disease.

 

"I'm sorry for yelling at you and losing my temper like that.. I don't know what got into me! I guess it's just this move got me all worked up." Dara whispered as she kneaded his back with her face.

 

"I'm sorry too." Seunghyun said flatly.

 

Dara noticed a change in his attitude and released him to face him, "Is there something wrong? Did something happen?" 

 

"No, nothing." He replied, not looking at her in the eye.

 

"Choi Seunghyun, I know you're lying! Now spit it out." She demanded, making him wince.

 

"I..think I'm falling in love with Bom." Seunghyun confessed.

 

It wasn't exactly the reason why he was acting so glum, but he wasn't lying either.

 

He really felt a connection between him and Bom, and he didn't want to let that go.

 

Dara's face brightened up as she jump-hugged him, "Oh my gahh! Tabi I'm so happy for you!!!!" She squealed as Seunghyun just stood there as a solemn smile formed on his lips.

 

"Good, Sandara. Laugh. Smile. I'm gonna make sure you have the time of your life in the remaining three months of your life." Choi Seunghyun thought as he heard the melodious sounds of his Santokki's giggles fill his ear.

 

___________________

AM I SPOILING YOU GUYS TOO MUCH?! :o

hehe, Happy New Years everybody! 

2012 means the beginning to a fresh start! 

I hope you guys enjoyed the update, have a safe holidays before school starts again <3

 

Comment Replies:

Kaelz_- I know..:( I'd be devastated if I found out my best friend was dying..

ApplerUra- We'll see! :(

yenisvip12- haha naw, I'll take TOP then! ;)

angelfire- aw, thank you for reading! yes, it is devastating, but hun, life can't be life without some problems.

nameveryouth- HAHAHA my bias is actually on TOP..I was reading a daragon fic at the time I made this account LOL but i still love kwonjiyong <3

Iheartlife: Thanks for reading lovely! <3

 

✮kwonjiyong