Chapter 3

Lipstick, Lollipops, and Love

 

"Did you get everything?" Dara asked as she zipped up her colorful Roxy suitcase, that was almost as big as her whole body.

 

 

 

"NOT YET! I need to pack all my collectible toys!" She heard, causing her to roll her eyes at his childish behavior and obsession with useless junk.

 

 

 

They had kept all of their things in a storage room since their homes were constantly robbed, and they thought it would be a better idea to keep everything in one place, hidden to the Johnsons.

 

 

 

"Well HURRY UP! Our flight's leaving in two hours and I don't want to be late!" Dara complained as she stood at the door of the storage room with her bright pink Jansport and suitcase, waiting for her best friend.

 

 

 

After a few minutes, Seunghyun came out with his black Jansport and Mickey Mouse printed suitcase and rolled his luggage to the door, where Dara was standing.

 

 

 

They gave the keys to the keeper of the storage company and bid goodbye to him, a loyal CEO that had made sure that nothing was robbed into, since he understood their situation.

 

 

 

Dara looked back at the storage sign, Storage Ed. and sighed, "Good-bye California!" She then looked back to the busy street that the two were staring at and asked Seunghyun a question.

 

 

 

"Taxi or bus?"

 

 

 

Seunghyun stared at Dara in the 'are-you-serious' way and the latter gave a 'why-are-you-looking-at-me-like-that' face.

 

 

 

"Are you stupid? The bus is going to take more than two hours to get to the airport! Of course we're taking a taxi!" Seunghyun palmed his face in frustration, "I swear whenever you're like this, I wonder if you even have a brain, Dara.." He said as he knocked her

forehead, checking to see if it was hollow.

 

 

 

The latter rolled her eyes again for the umpteenth time that day, wondering why Seunghyun was being such a pest, "If I didn't have a brain, I wouldn't be here, smartass," She snapped before flagging down a yellow cab.

 

 

 

The two teens entered the cab and headed towards the airport.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

"The flight from LAX to International Incheon Airport in Korea is now boarding first class and priority members." A woman announced bleakly over the big speakers that were designed on the ceiling.

 

 

 

"That's us!" Seunghyun reminded Dara, who was looking at the different types of people that walked around the airport, all busy and having something to do.

 

 

 

"I'll miss you, California.." She whispered as she was being pulled into the plane gate.

 

 

 

After giving their tickets to the attendant, she led them upstairs, to the first class cabin. It was a private cabin, and all the chairs let their passengers lay all the way down as if they were on an actual bed. 

 

 

 

"Excuse me Miss," A sweet flight attendant tapped Dara on the shoulder, who turned at the sudden call.

 

 

 

Seeing that the attendant got her attention, she cleared , "Though there are five seats in this cabin, only three are going to be occupied. So if the third person arrives, you can negotiate the seating arrangements," She paused, "Of course, IF you'd like to. Thank you!" The petite woman added before hopping down the stairs to greet another economy-plus passenger.

 

 

 

Dara smiled at the flight attendant, "Seunghyun, can I be a flight attendant? They're so cute!" 

 

 

 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes, "No. You're staying with me my whole life. YOU'RE TRAPPED!" He began tickling her, and they both started to create a noisy commotion in the first class cabin.

 

 

 

Yes, first class. They were rich, so why not splurge on some luxurious lifestyles?

 

 

 

"The connecting flight from New York to Los Angeles was a success folks, we will now continue on to Seoul, Korea. Thank you for flying with Korean Airlines!" A cheerful captain had said overhead.

 

 

 

A cough and the clearing of the throat stopped Seunghyun and Dara from screaming at each other, in a good way of course, and turned their heads to see who it was.

 

 

 

It was an average-heighted man; smaller than Seunghyun but way taller than Dara. He was wearing an expensive-looking Bape hoodie, which was covering his what seemed to be black hair, and had white Studio Beats by Dre dangling from his neck. Anyone with eyes could see that this was a man with some serious money.

 

 

 

"Anyways," Seunghyun began to say, "I already bought a loft, so our stuff is safe and secure! We can go shopping for decors and such after we settle down." 

 

 

 

Dara merely nodded as she watched the man stretch his arms with his eyes closed. This man was good-looking, no, scratch that, he was beautiful.

 

 

 

He moved with such great grace, as if the moves complimented him, instead of the man complimenting his moves. Such swag couldn't be withheld with an average man, so Dara began to respect this unusual, but interesting human being that she didn’t even know the name of.

 

 

 

The man seemed to feel a hard stare on him, so he opened an eye and met Dara's eyes.

 

 

 

He then stopped moving, scowled, then walked to his seat, which was conveniently located next to Dara's. 

 

 

 

She watched him as he walked over and sat down and adjusted his seat so he would be slightly laying down. She wanted to take her eyes off of him, for she knew too that she was overdoing her stalker mode, but she just couldn't. She has never seen someone so good-looking before. 

 

 

 

"What are you looking at?" The man snapped at her, frightening Dara, causing her to lean way back into Seunghyun, who rolled his eyes again.

 

 

 

 

"Uh..N-noothing..S-Sorry!" She apologized and faced Seunghyun, trying not to have eye contact with handsome man.

 

 

 

Seunghyun on the other hand saw as the man rolled his eyes as well and put a sleeping mask on and crossed his arms. He watched Dara's face as she looked giddy and kept on peeking at the man beside her.

 

 

 

While she was peeking and stealing looks from this hooded stranger, he watched how Dara's face would occasionally change from giddy to lovesick. Seunghyun sighed in exasperation and decided to sleep, since he already knew that this flight was going to be a long thirteen hours.

 

 

 

He knew instantly that Dara was going to bug her neighbor's guts out and try to become friends with him when they landed in Korea. When she does try to make friends, it's unusually peculiar because she has a rather different way of showing her kind and attractive side, especially with the opposite , since the only man Dara has ever interacted with after their parents' death was Seunghyun himself.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

The plane had departed three hours ago and Dara kept his eyes on the sleeping man, who was probably oblivious to the fact that a girl was staring at him for the whole three hours.

 

 

 

His face was free of any acne, it was amazingly clear and perfect. His lips were perfectly crafted, and his cheekbones were highly defined.

 

 

 

She felt like sleeping, but she couldn't stop thinking about this mysterious man for some weird reason. He resonated a dark presence, and Dara liked it. She hated boys who would think they're all that and use their looks to have with girls that think their hot, but this man..he seemed..different, and that was a first for Dara.

 

 

 

His features reminded Dara of a man that was very important to her, and still is.

 

 

 

"He kind of looks like daddy.." She whispered, leaning towards the man that resembled her father that kept Dara in a trance.

 

 

 

"I love you daddy.." Dara leaned against the hooded man's soft shoulders and fell asleep, thinking it was her father's arms.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

The man woke up, still shaking from the nightmare he just had about his parents.

 

 

 

He had gone to New York to escape his parents in Korea and get the education he wanted for high school, and now, he was moving back to Korea to start a new life and his first year at college at Seoul University, the most prestigious school in South Korea. 

 

 

 

The man took every single thought other than school off of his mind, including love, a social life, and in order to finally be appreciated by his parents.

 

 

 

He decided to study some college-related concepts like math or science or something, but he couldn't move for some reason.

 

 

 

The man felt a heavy, but light weight on him and turned to see the girl that had kept staring at him leaning against him.

 

 

 

He scowled again and was about to push her off when he saw that his hands were intertwined with hers.

 

 

 

"What the .." He muttered sourly, but he felt somewhat happy and content that he was holding her hand.

 

 

 

It was warm, and her touch was soothing and pleasing to him.

 

 

 

He watched the girl's face as she breathed air in and out of her nose slowly. Her face was looked like it was beautifully crafted by God himself. She wasn't just pretty, she was damn right GORGEOUS.

 

 

 

He outlined her face gently with his forefinger as he saw that her nose bridge was very high and looked very natural.

 

 

 

"She looks all natural.." He whispered to himself as he felt no stitches.

 

 

 

"It's because she is all natural." He heard a deep voice call from the other side of the cabin. The cabin was dimly lit, since it was nighttime already.

 

 

 

The man almost jumped from the sudden voice but controlled himself.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, are you her boyfriend? She was just leaning on me when I woke up, you should contro-" 

 

 

 

"No, she's not my girlfriend, she's my best friend." Seunghyun told the man, who was eying him curiously.

 

 

 

"Well, she's a very beautiful best friend, I see.." The mysterious man replied, causing Seunghyun to chuckle softly.

 

 

 

"Yeah, she is pretty.." Seunghyun murmured as he tucked in a stranded hair behind her ear.

 

 

 

"So, where are you coming from?" Seunghyun asked, making the man uncomfortable for a moment.

 

 

 

"New York." He answered blandly, making Seunghyun realize that he was intruding his privacy.

 

 

 

"Haha, sorry bro, just trying to make some conversation." Seunghyun laughed awkwardly as he scratched the back of his head.

 

 

 

"Can you take me off of her," The man said without forgiving him.

 

 

 

"Uh..sure." Seunghyun carefully transferred Dara's body towards his own and made it lean on him, trying not to wake her up.

 

 

 

Seunghyun eyed the man curiously, then shook his head and went back to sleep.

 

 

 

The man laid back in his chair, and wondered why he felt so comfortable, speaking to the tall and thick-eyebrowed man and having a girl he didn't even know leaning onto him. He sort of regret asking the deep-voiced man to take the girl off of him, and yelled at himself in his mind.

 

 

 

He felt comfortable with the two people, as if he's known them for years.

 

 

 

"Kwon Jiyong," He thought to himself, "You need to study for college, not think about things otherwise.”

 

 

 

He flipped open the cover of his Calculus book and began working on the first problem in the book.

 

 

_________________

 

Thank you for the 30+ subscribers! MWAH MWAH you deserve a kiss from kwonjiyong ^_^ hehe

Ughh, I'm giving this story first priority and I'm sorta neglecting the other one.....OH WELL

I'll update My Bodyguard is SO hot! soon so don't worry to those who are subscribed to that story as well! 

I hope you enjoyed this update, KWON JIYONG FINALLY MADE HIS APPEARANCE YAY!!!!!!!!!!!n_n

 

Read, Comment, Subscribe? <3